SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+6
Dr.RW
Xander
Garibaldi
MK
Mtank325
brother of destruction
10 posters

On Deck - Official MLB thread

MK
    MK

Number of posts : 622
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

On Deck - Official MLB thread - Page 5 Empty Re: On Deck - Official MLB thread

Post  MK Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:51 pm

Ram Jam wrote:
    MK wrote:Instant classic. Without a doubt, that game goes right next to the 91 World Series Game 7 as one of the greatest in Twins history. I know that everyone is picking the Yankees to win the WS this year, but you should never count out momentum. If we can just split the two games in New York, we have a pretty good shot at winning the series.

I had to work, but I've only heard amazing things about that game. I personally am rooting for the Twins on the AL side, just because I love how their team plays and I love how they always find some way to win. They've lost Santana, Torii Hunter, David Ortiz, amongst others over the years. Yet, Gardenhire finds a way to win with his club. He's done a brilliant job.

I'm of course rooting for the Cards, as I'm from St. Louis! They have a great chance against the Dodgers, and they've had their number all year. But their hitting needs to come through for us to have a chance, as we can't just rely on Carpenter and Wainwright to carry the load. Pujols, Holliday, Ludwick - they all need to step it up.

The Phillies scare the bejesus out of me in the National League. Cliff Lee is a machine, and if Hamels is like he was last post-season, they'll be tough to beat with them and their hitting as well.

My friend and I are predicting a re-match of the 87 series, with the Twins squaring off against the Cards. And of course, we'll win it again Very Happy
    Ram Jam

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2009-01-26

Post  Ram Jam Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:50 am

MK wrote:
    Ram Jam wrote:
    MK wrote:Instant classic. Without a doubt, that game goes right next to the 91 World Series Game 7 as one of the greatest in Twins history. I know that everyone is picking the Yankees to win the WS this year, but you should never count out momentum. If we can just split the two games in New York, we have a pretty good shot at winning the series.

I had to work, but I've only heard amazing things about that game. I personally am rooting for the Twins on the AL side, just because I love how their team plays and I love how they always find some way to win. They've lost Santana, Torii Hunter, David Ortiz, amongst others over the years. Yet, Gardenhire finds a way to win with his club. He's done a brilliant job.

I'm of course rooting for the Cards, as I'm from St. Louis! They have a great chance against the Dodgers, and they've had their number all year. But their hitting needs to come through for us to have a chance, as we can't just rely on Carpenter and Wainwright to carry the load. Pujols, Holliday, Ludwick - they all need to step it up.

The Phillies scare the bejesus out of me in the National League. Cliff Lee is a machine, and if Hamels is like he was last post-season, they'll be tough to beat with them and their hitting as well.

My friend and I are predicting a re-match of the 87 series, with the Twins squaring off against the Cards. And of course, we'll win it again Very Happy

With all due respect, have fun against the Yankees!
    MK
    MK

Number of posts : 622
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post  MK Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:02 am

Ram Jam wrote:
    MK wrote:
    Ram Jam wrote:

With all due respect, have fun against the Yankees!

Yesterday's loss was a tough one. Up 2-0, then just let it slip away. Tomorrow's game is a must-win. If we can win tomorrow, we have a fighting chance with 2 games at the Dome. Otherwise we will be knocked out in the ALDS by the Yankees for the 4th time in 6 years.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:14 am