SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+23
Garibaldi
showstealer
brother of destruction
KabukiJoe
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Rooq
PeteRoe
IOV
Sweatsock
ThatChumpStain
genehunt
Clarkey
The Ayatollah
MarkFromGoldenplec
Mezzy
Dr Hellwig PhD
fernzy
zhukov
The Chosen1
Ultimo LJ
RKO
Tomc2488
next_big_thing
27 posters

Official Premiership Thread

brother of destruction
    brother of destruction

Number of posts : 370
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Official Premiership Thread Empty Official Premiership Thread

Post  brother of destruction Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:00 pm

What a great state of affairs our lot are in right now eh?

I don't blame Ashley personally, but think he's hired some real prats. I really think the difference between now & when Keegan joined is that Chris Mort is away. He was a great chairman that kept his face away from Sky sports News for most of the time (unlike the useless fat twat that even now can't keep off the telly), but Mort did let us know what was happening from time to time. I can't help but feel that this wouldn't have happened had he stayed. We've never heard a peep from Derek Llambias.

That & whilst I feel a degree of sympathy for Ashley, as statement like that a while back (even as soon as Keegan left) would have softened a huge amount of the anger felt towards him IMO.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401

Official Premiership Thread Empty Re: Official Premiership Thread

Post  Garibaldi Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:06 pm

Too true. he needed to come out asap and at least defend his position. Now, for the clubs sake you NEED someone to come in - because now he's pulled his 20 million a season input you're living on what you generate alone. That continues and Owen and Martins will probably go in January

And jesus but we're looking rubbish right now!
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:23 pm

Ok, tip for the season. Back us to score every game and for us to lose 2-1 (three in four so far!)

God we were terrible at times tonight. Guttingly bad. Ramos HAS to learn English, even if it's not the problem, it can't be helping
    brother of destruction
    brother of destruction

Number of posts : 370

Post  brother of destruction Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:49 pm

Garibaldi wrote:Too true. he needed to come out asap and at least defend his position. Now, for the clubs sake you NEED someone to come in - because now he's pulled his 20 million a season input you're living on what you generate alone. That continues and Owen and Martins will probably go in January

And jesus but we're looking rubbish right now!

Nope he's not pulling the money. The statement didn't read quite right. He said he'd "put £20m a year in no more", meaning "& not a penny more", not "he's not doing it anymore".

TBH, I kinda hope he can't find a buyer. Whilst I agree the club has been poorly led since Mort left, I honestly don't hold Ashley enitrely responsible. Keegan himself said Ashley had very little to do with day to day running of things.
    Clarkey
    Clarkey

Number of posts : 74

Post  Clarkey Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:36 pm

It's a no win situation with the 'Toon Army' really (the outspoken lot basking in the spotlight anyways). If Keegan had had the guts to stay on (rather than walk away yet again in his career) and get on with his job, which is actually less to do with making transfers and more to do with "managing" the team, they may have won against Hull this weekend. Why don't they head off and protest outside his house? That way they can also ask why he's left them in the lurch again? But had they lost with Keegan still at the helm the same lot would've still got on the board's back for not giving him enough money.

If I had the money to hand I would buy out Mike Ashley myself and re-instate Keegan as manager. Then during the press conference announcing his homecoming, I'd drop the bombshell that I've had Newcastle United PLC liquidated, immediately send in the bulldozers to tear down St. James's Park and reveal that I'd only hired Keegan back as the site manager of the new landfill I was going to turn their stadium into. 50,000 fans would probably still turn up every Saturday to see Keegan take his tea break. Then protest over the catering facilities.
    next_big_thing
    next_big_thing

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  next_big_thing Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:23 pm

Smash back just in time for Villa's win over Tottenham, now that is good timing. That was such a good performance by us though, really excited for this season.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:29 pm

Such a good performance that you spent most of the last 390 minutes on the back foot and only won due to that tradition at the lane - a keeper cock-up

TBH neither team was that convincing to me. You were better but not top four challenegr quality
    next_big_thing
    next_big_thing

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  next_big_thing Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:41 pm

Really? That's quite surprising, I honestly thought 2-1 was very flattering to you, as did everyone I watched it with (Liverpool fans). Now I'm sure you will get it together at some stage, this isn't just me just having a dig at Tottenham. It's just for about 70 minutes we were all over you and even when you did score it was by accident.

Post  Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:30 am

Spurs' transfer policy continues to baffle me. Once gain they spent millions strengthening the one area of the team that didn't need it (midfield) and sold players in positions that were critical. You'd need the world's most advanced calculator to work out how many times Keane and Berbatov (esp. Keane) saved Spurs last year (and previous years) but instead of signing a replacement they've now got even more midfielders.

At present rate I predict tottenham's formation in 2011 to be something along the lines of 1-9-1
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:21 am

Well one at the back would work - would allow us to rotate King and Woodgate Razz

But I'm interested to hear when you think the game will evolve to allow an eleventh outfield player!

And we did clear out some midfield bumph...Steed, Tainio and (I think) Ghaly went, we tried to offload KPB (Doesn't even have a squad number this year), a few of the kids went out on loan and we've tried to loan out a few fringe guys like Taraabt as well.

Besides, we don't have "midfielders". We have three defensive midfielders (Thud, Zok and O'Hara) and countless attacking midfielders, but the only proper midfielder we had was Tainio.

And the sale of the strikers...the only policy we used was "once they were unsettled and didn't want to be there, We'll hold out for the price WE want". That's the advantage of being financially viable: contrary to the press constantly saying we need money, we have enough money that we did not NEED to sell, so there was no reason for us to haggle.

Post  Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:15 am

Eeesh my math's is terrible!
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:52 am

But your taste in football teams is better? Razz

God I missed all this!

Post  Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:56 pm

Well a lot of your fans were predicting at the start of the season that Spurs would be a strong force.

I suppose they have to be when they're holding up the rest of the table!

(Careful with this joke, it's an antique Wink)
    Tomc2488
    Tomc2488

Number of posts : 50
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Tomc2488 Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:50 am

An Arsenal mate of mine was quick to text me this joke after the Villa game on Monday. What is the difference between Spurs and a tooth pick? A tooth pick has two points.

Quite funny for him actually, but yeah it has a been a frustrating start for us. I think a lot of people - fans, players, media whoever - jumped the gun a little in predicting us for a top four place. We are virtually starting again (again - thanks Levy/Comolli) and considering the problems we had last season I just couldn't see it. Its an unfortunate trait of many in the game, but a lack of patience isn't helping us at all. Which is a shame as I think we can have a good season, top seven or eight with another good go in the cups, but there is so much misplaced expectation.

The biggest problem on the pitch tactically has been the midfield. I think Ramos got it right against Chelsea and it allowed for changes that made a difference in the second half. But for the other games it has been so awfully unbalanced and has left us struggling from the go.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:09 pm

Have to feel sorry for Ashley £250m he's ploughed in to the team to get beaten at home by Hell Hull. Was it his idea to hire Wise as a director of football? If it was then I retract my statement!

What about Man City? I feel sorry for Hughes, I really rate him as a manager and as a successor to Ferguson but this can't be good for him. Did he want Robinho in his team Question
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664

Post  Outlaw2x4 Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:19 pm

My God, Tottenham have actually won a match! Wink
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian

Number of posts : 480

Post  Hector_Nicols_Accordian Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:31 pm

Outlaw2x4 wrote:My God, Tottenham have actually won a match! Wink

Ramos pinned my Let's all laugh at Tottenham thread on the dressing room wall and that spurred the players onto victory - it was just on fivelive there. Shocked
    MarkFromGoldenplec
    MarkFromGoldenplec

Number of posts : 132

Post  MarkFromGoldenplec Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:35 pm

Hector_Nicols_Accordian wrote:

Ramos pinned my Let's all laugh at Tottenham thread on the dressing room wall and that spurred the players onto victory - it was just on fivelive there. Shocked

Hector, if i was to say Awooga to you, how would you react....... Surprised
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:51 pm

Hector_Nicols_Accordian wrote:

Wait...are you kidding or has a forum less than a week old just got national coverage Shocked
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian

Number of posts : 480

Post  Hector_Nicols_Accordian Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:54 pm

I think Ramos must have posted on the old forum under a different name, maybe "the fluffster"?

Post  Guest Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:03 am

I just love watching the annual migration of Spurs fans from 606. They nest on the Arsenal board between the months of June and September each year, then flock back to their own board shortly afterwards Razz

Is that true about Five Live? If so Bravo!
    RKO
    RKO

Number of posts : 58
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  RKO Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:24 pm

Stoke got a 0-0 draw at Anfield Sad its not fair and Hull seem to be playing everyone at the best time they played Newcastle when the fans were against Mike Ashley and tomorrow they've got Everton who have like 6 players out Sad
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664

Post  Outlaw2x4 Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:11 pm

Denilson was fantastic tonight, thoroughly deserved man of the match. I'm still very worried about the amount of goals Arsenal concede from set pieces. Bolton should never have scored that goal.

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:57 am

Venables is in talks with Newcastle.

Oh dear... Sad
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:32 am

He said no to a rolling contract.

Post  Guest Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:33 am

They're going to have to look to the Championship or below now I reckon. I mean how fucked do you have to be for Venables to turn you down?!
    Clarkey
    Clarkey

Number of posts : 74

Post  Clarkey Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:10 am

There's that old gag redoing the rounds, that Ashley was looking into taking on the Iceland manger. If that doesn't bode well he plans on asking around Asda and Morrisons.
    Rooq
    Rooq

Number of posts : 588

Post  Rooq Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:42 am

Hope they go for Jim Magilton!!!!!
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991

Post  showstealer Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:48 am

It's one of those jobs were the manager can't win. The fans want a return to the glory days, when were they? The 1920s? A quick fix never works as Man City may find out, although it now seems that they will be run probably and ADI just wanted a galacto signing to demonstrate to the fans that they mean business! farao

Post  Guest Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:52 am

ShowStealer wrote:It's one of those jobs were the manager can't win. The fans want a return to the glory days, when were they? The 1920s? A quick fix never works as Man City may find out, although it now seems that they will be run probably and ADI just wanted a galacto signing to demonstrate to the fans that they mean business! farao

I think most Newcastle fans consider the "almost" year the glory days Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:56 am