SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+17
The Ayatollah
RIJ
Outlaw2x4
Shaun2J
Rooq
Murph
MarkFromGoldenplec
showstealer
Garibaldi
ThatChumpStain
'Dub
IOV
Mezzy
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
fernzy
The Chosen1
Clarkey
21 posters

Official Championship + below thread

Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Official Championship + below thread Empty Official Championship + below thread

Post  Garibaldi Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:11 pm

For those who don't want to bother with England's big boys.

Last edited by Garibaldi on Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Official Championship + below thread Empty Re: Official Championship + below thread

Post  showstealer Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:08 am

I had better made myself comfortable then! Smile

Great win for Charlton last night at Doncaster, apparently we were shite but still won Cool
    Clarkey
    Clarkey

Number of posts : 74

Official Championship + below thread Empty Re: Official Championship + below thread

Post  Clarkey Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:15 am

Has anyone got any form of contact with Crippin? After their 7-0 drubbing at weekend by Shrewsbury, he could be out seeking those Aliens to abduct him again. There was talk that Stimson was a Conference Manager, I didn't realise the plan was to actually get relegated to it.
    Rooq
    Rooq

Number of posts : 588

Post  Rooq Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:09 am

Ipswich have been very odd so far, great sometimes, bad the others..... getting very tired of Magilton when we lose saying "THE PLAYERS ARE RUBBISH! ill be making changes!!" yet never blames himself for picking the team as he has brought pretty much the whole squad himself now, also we have the biggest Ipswich town squad in many many years and its full of medicore players... if things dont improve Jim could be on his way I feel... how dare he sell Alan Lee.... wanker...
    fernzy
    fernzy

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  fernzy Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:14 am

Clarkey wrote:Has anyone got any form of contact with Crippin? After their 7-0 drubbing at weekend by Shrewsbury, he could be out seeking those Aliens to abduct him again. There was talk that Stimson was a Conference Manager, I didn't realise the plan was to actually get relegated to it.

Well he did fill the team with conference players.
    fernzy
    fernzy

Post  fernzy Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:31 am

3-0 win for Stevenage this afternoon.First time we have beaten Forest Green away in three years, who would have thought it would end up being so easy?
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:53 am

Although the performances haven't been there, 4 points from 2 away games is nothing to be taken lightly and if it wasn't for a good save it would of been 6. Then again if it hadn't been for wasted chances it would of be 0.

As a wise man once said, it's a funny old game! pirat
    Rooq
    Rooq

Post  Rooq Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:45 am

See the Watford boss has been charged by the FA for comments made to the Ref after the goal that never was the weekend!

Could the FA get anymore dumb! He had every right to have a go at the ref who gave a goal that didnt even go in the goal!!
    fernzy
    fernzy

Post  fernzy Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:19 pm

Beat Grays 2-1 last night despite playing crap for the majority of the game.Thank God for Chris Day Very Happy
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401

Post  Garibaldi Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:47 pm

Really beginning to wish I'd gone with my first hunch and put Oldham in my acca rather than Leeds pre-season...
    MarkFromGoldenplec
    MarkFromGoldenplec

Number of posts : 132
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  MarkFromGoldenplec Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:50 pm

Getting used to the conditions in this thread for next year Gari? Razz
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:53 pm

Garibaldi wrote:Really beginning to wish I'd gone with my first hunch and put Oldham in my acca rather than Leeds pre-season...

Don't be silly.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:49 am

Another 3pts for us!
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:59 am

Another typically frustrating Charlton game, we should of won and would of if Gray just tapped it home instead of skying it, or if Hudson and Primus committed themselves to a tackle, or if we had better finishing or....

Oh well, as long as we win on Tuesday I doesn't really matter how the season goes! Twisted Evil
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:42 am

The big one tonight, will be in the pub within 30mins.

C'mon you reds! Twisted Evil
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:19 pm

If Garibaldi was wondering how bad things get i think tonight demonstrated it well. So in the last 12 year Palace have now achieved 4 points to our 16, still not much consolation at the moment. Mad
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  The Ayatollah Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:17 am

Anyone know how either Clayton Donaldson (Crewe) or Guillame Beuzelin (Coventry) are doing down the championship? I ask as they are ex Hibs players
    The Chosen1
    The Chosen1

Number of posts : 108

Post  The Chosen1 Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:28 am

Does anyone follow any teams in the Unibond Premier Division?

My local team (Ilkeston Town) are having a great start to the season, (so far we've only lost one game) & are currently top of the league. Last season we only stayed up on goal difference, so a bit of a turnaround. Fair enough the club went through a complete overhaul in the summer( new Chairman, new Manager, new Squad etc), but it's still been pretty impressive and I'd say it's our best start for ten+ years since Keith Alexander was incharge.

The new manager is David Holdsworth (Dean's brother) and this is his first managerial job. He's actually currently being linked with the vacancies at both Grimsby & Colchester, but hopefully he should stay.

We've already won the first two rounds of qualifiers for the FA Cup, only two more wins & were in the first round proper. Were playing FC Utd away later this month, so hopefully I should get to go to that, although for other games it's a bit hard to get Saturday's off work. Neutral

We've just signed 'veteran' defender Dean Gordon.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:00 pm

Well that was a fucking load of shit.
    fernzy
    fernzy

Post  fernzy Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:55 pm

Lost 3-0 away to Torquay, bit of a wake up call after the recent good form.
    Rooq
    Rooq

Post  Rooq Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:54 am

God Ipswich sucked while I was away on holiday.... what ever happened to the attractive play of Ipswich, all we get now is drab defending and Magilton going "if we had of scored first we would of won!" NO SHIT SHERLOCK!!! fucks sake such a twat.
    fernzy
    fernzy

Post  fernzy Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:16 am

Is Tommy Smith anywhere near your first team Rooq? Could do with having him back on loan right now! I doubt you'd allow us though seeing as we barely played another youngster from your lot,Ed Upson.
    Rooq
    Rooq

Post  Rooq Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:15 am

fernzy wrote:Is Tommy Smith anywhere near your first team Rooq? Could do with having him back on loan right now! I doubt you'd allow us though seeing as we barely played another youngster from your lot,Ed Upson.

He was getting close but he broke his ankle really bad 2 weeks ago in training and is out for the whole season now which is a shame, hopefully he will come back the player he was as he was a promsing player!

Ed Upson was good for the Reserves last year, so surprised you not playing him much, still time though I guess im sure!!! Very Happy
    fernzy
    fernzy

Post  fernzy Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:32 am

Rooq wrote:
    fernzy wrote:Is Tommy Smith anywhere near your first team Rooq? Could do with having him back on loan right now! I doubt you'd allow us though seeing as we barely played another youngster from your lot,Ed Upson.

He was getting close but he broke his ankle really bad 2 weeks ago in training and is out for the whole season now which is a shame, hopefully he will come back the player he was as he was a promsing player!

Ed Upson was good for the Reserves last year, so surprised you not playing him much, still time though I guess im sure!!! Very Happy

Oh, that sucks.Tommy did really well whilst on loan with us last season despite being only 17, certainly one for the future.

Ed came on as a sub the day after he joined but hasn't played since then.I know he's meant to have impressed whilst playing for our reserves but just isn't getting a look in now.I've heard Magilton isn't happy at the lack of games he's getting and will probably recall him although he's meant to be here until January.What position in midfield is he meant to play? We are well covered in central midfield but really lacking wingers right now.
    Rooq
    Rooq

Post  Rooq Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:51 am

fernzy wrote:
    Rooq wrote:

Oh, that sucks.Tommy did really well whilst on loan with us last season despite being only 17, certainly one for the future.

Ed came on as a sub the day after he joined but hasn't played since then.I know he's meant to have impressed whilst playing for our reserves but just isn't getting a look in now.I've heard Magilton isn't happy at the lack of games he's getting and will probably recall him although he's meant to be here until January.What position in midfield is he meant to play? We are well covered in central midfield but really lacking wingers right now.

Yeah he is defo one for the future so that is good.

Upson is a striker really rather than a midfielder, thats where he played most of the time in reserves for Ipswich anyway, guess he is being used more as a midfielder with Stevenage though, maybe why he isnt getting that many games I guess.
    The Chosen1
    The Chosen1

Number of posts : 108

Post  The Chosen1 Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:25 am

I though Neil Warnock said he'd put 'the Flying Finn' Shefki Kuqi on the transfer list & said he wouldn't play for him again after he made a gesture to the Palace fans?

Just shows, when your teams stuggling, managers will do/try anything.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:51 am

And Jordan said Watson would never play for them again...

That Tommy Miller is a dirty player Rooq, after every foul he was squaring up to the Charlton players and trying to intimidate them. tut tut!

Richard Wright wasn't too popular either Woolwich Reject, Reject. Twisted Evil
    fernzy
    fernzy

Post  fernzy Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:28 pm

Rooq wrote:
    fernzy wrote:
    Rooq wrote:

Yeah he is defo one for the future so that is good.

Upson is a striker really rather than a midfielder, thats where he played most of the time in reserves for Ipswich anyway, guess he is being used more as a midfielder with Stevenage though, maybe why he isnt getting that many games I guess.

Looks like Upson has returned to Ipswich, his shirt number has been given to new signing Tommy Black.Shame he wasn't given a chance here.
    Rooq
    Rooq

Post  Rooq Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:23 am

Shame about Upson, guess he will be loaned out elsewhere though!

Oh and Show Stealer yeah I agree, Miller isnt very consistent and has been poor since he came back to Town, but typically Magilton keeps picking him as he is a mate, yet another old town boy who Magilton refuses to drop... will cost him his job I feel.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:32 am

Shocked

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:48 am