SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+23
Garibaldi
showstealer
brother of destruction
KabukiJoe
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Rooq
PeteRoe
IOV
Sweatsock
ThatChumpStain
genehunt
Clarkey
The Ayatollah
MarkFromGoldenplec
Mezzy
Dr Hellwig PhD
fernzy
zhukov
The Chosen1
Ultimo LJ
RKO
Tomc2488
next_big_thing
27 posters

Official Premiership Thread

Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Official Premiership Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: Official Premiership Thread

Post  Outlaw2x4 Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:12 am

MK wrote:Wow...Hull City.... chin ponder

I'm delighted cause I cant stand Phil Brown.

Wigan beat Chelsea 3-1! Wow.

Robbie Keane scores four!

Its gonna be a good match of the day!
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:12 pm

More importantly...GARETH BALE HAS WON A PREMIERSHIP GAME!!!!!!!

I think hell just froze over!
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:17 pm

Outlaw2x4 wrote:

Waht old perma-tan done to annoy you?

I hate Hull City fans, they are so lame that when they win, they chant "we hate Leeds" what the fuck is that all about, they have imagined themselves some kind of rivalry, even though we have only played them a handfull of times, which is fine, but really thats the best thing they can come up with when they win?!

I love seeing their sad little faces.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:17 pm

Big Dave wrote:
    Outlaw2x4 wrote:

Waht old perma-tan done to annoy you?

I hate Hull City fans, they are so lame that when they win, they chant "we hate Leeds" what the fuck is that all about, they have imagined themselves some kind of rivalry, even though we have only played them a handfull of times, which is fine, but really thats the best thing they can come up with when they win?!

I love seeing their sad little faces.

Giving team talks on the pitch, walking the team to the old ground and all that over dramatic shite. You are not in a movie Phil you fuckin eejit. Also he pissed me off with all his singing and celebrating when they survived the drop last season, after Hull were decimated by the United youth team. They survived because Newcastle didn't win, not because they were good enough to stay up, and it really annoyed me.

Anyway I cannot fuckin believe United got another last minute goal! How do they do it!?
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:45 am

Bloody Sunderland and Bolton wrecked my fixed odds accumulator.

How many errors from Fozzie is Sir Alex gonna tolerate, sooner big Ed is fit the better, Foster hasnt won me over as a Utd goalie yet. Neither has Kuszack, but at the moment id play him before Foster. Great goal from Berby though Very Happy
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:29 am

Your game esterday was like a shop window for our old boys!

Malbranque was involed in the move for Bent to score
    Berba scored the equalizer
    Reid's chip set up Jones for 2-1
    Carrick set up evra for that damn lucky deflected equalizer

Shows what good luck can do, though. In our game, we wouldn't have deserved to win, but how the hell Jaskelainen managed to stop Crouch scoring at the end, when it came off his leg, then the ground, then up to hit the crssbar and away is beyond me? Any other day of the week, and it would have gone in, lost momentum or bounced back from the goal of Jussi's leg, anything but that!

But a point away to Bolton is still a good result - That's the sort of "tough away fixture" (excuse the cliche) which you take what you can from, the teams who are tough to beat at home, but don't have the consistency away to mount a challenge
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:59 am

Defoe = dumbass.

Last year he made a point of not celebrating scoring for Pompey against Spurs in respect for the Spurs fans. This year he charges to the corner flag right in front of thePompey fans when he scores against them for us. But all that fades to nothingness when you see the pointless, idiotic stamp on Mokoena. The reaction was almost worse - he started to get up as he shouted to the ref, then clutched his knee and dropped down when he saw the ref was coming - but it was a stamp.

Stupid thing to do. We'd weathered the storm from the two defeats and the Bolton draw, and now we're almost a quarter of the way through the season and holding on to third place, but we have to go at least 3 games without him with Pav and GDS both injured. That leaves us just Keane and Crouch, a partnership which leaves me with little faith. I think this may be the three weeks which defines the season for us already.

Mind you, Michael Brown was worse. Booked twice in added time for terrible dirty challenges, including hauling BAE to his feet aggresively after scything him down. At least when he was with us he tried to put a little skill with the dirty play.

Happy for Boateng, though. He's shown he had started to settle and develop as a player again, as Harry had noted when he picked him for the Carling Cup second round game (He and GDS were people he had blatantly ignored back end of last season). Now there's no pressure to prove it - Pompey don't have the strength in depth to drop him - he seems to be regaining the form that saw us buy im in the frst place. All power to him.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:48 am

Cracking goal from Boateng there....oh and how funny was that Sunderland goal?? Laughing Laughing
    MK
    MK

Number of posts : 622
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post  MK Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:03 am

The Ayatollah wrote:Cracking goal from Boateng there....oh and how funny was that Sunderland goal?? Laughing Laughing

Yea, why was that goal not called back?? I was watching FSC and they said that the rule states that if something like that happens, the ball is dropped in and restarted. Did the ref think that the ball glanced off the defender's foot?

Whatever is the case, that's a terrible way to lose a game.
    MK
    MK

Post  MK Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:12 am

One thing I just noticed: Wigan have a ton of black guys on their squad. It seems the entire mid and forward sections are made up of black guys. Is there a reason for this? It's just surprising, because I haven't seen a team like that yet.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:33 am

MK wrote:One thing I just noticed: Wigan have a ton of black guys on their squad. It seems the entire mid and forward sections are made up of black guys. Is there a reason for this? It's just surprising, because I haven't seen a team like that yet.

Its just coincidence, you should have seen Portsmouth under Harry Redknapp, every player was black and bald.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:03 am

Official Premiership Thread - Page 28 3536185204_79d81ee445

Very Happy
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998

Post  IOV Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:30 pm

United were really toothless yesterday, hopefully that might kick some sense into them!

The referee was horrible as well Fergie should have kept his fitness speech for him Rolling Eyes
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:33 am

Whata crock!

Not the result, our performance. It's been like footballing autism - every goal has come because we switched off. They've played pretty flawlessly, but barring Gomes, Bale and Corluka we've been poor.

Our only defense is that we've been without three of the best atackers in the league - Defoe, Lennon and Modric - but that doesn't explain the fact that we played with a disjointed mifield and were careless there - no protection for a back four who made few mistakes but were punished by three of them.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:48 am

Spurs never came near Arsenal today, Bentley's free kick was the only real work Almunia had to do. Bentley should have been sent off for a combination of his hand ball and the tackle on Vermaelen, which I think was a straight red. Arsenal controlled the entire game, and while Spurs frustrated us for about 40 minutes they never really had a chance to get anything out of the game.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:28 am

Agree on the Bentley (Although I would also point out that the handball that led to Bentley's free kick involved an arm to Crouch's face, which is technically a straight red in itself, soi he was obviously trying to show leniencey across the board today), and we were pretty toothless up front, but I do think that without the lapses which led to the goals we were capable of taking a point. There were very few moments Arsenal created a chance that wasn't the result of a mistake we made, and when Bale came on we certainly looked more fluent going forward.

Attacking, it's the same thing I've been thinking for a while now...when Crouch plays we become one dimensional. He's a plan B at best for this team.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:07 am

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has been fined £20,000 and given a four-match touchline ban, two of which are suspended until the end of the 2010/11 season.

Ferguson admitted a charge of improper conduct after criticising referee Alan Wiley following United's match against Sunderland at Old Trafford.

bounce

Tottenham goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini has been injured in a motorbike crash in London.

The Italian was rushed to hospital after suffering injuries described by the police as "possibly life-changing".

Cudicini's BMW superbike was in collision with a Ford Fiesta on Forest Road, Walthamstow at 10.30am on Thursday morning.

Early indications suggest the former Chelsea man is being treated for a suspected broken pelvis.

Shocked bad week for keepers.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:21 am

Shocked Not the pelvis!
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:06 am

It amazes me that football clubs allow players to ride motorbikes, the potential for accidents, espeically physically damaging ones is much higher than in a car. I would ban all players from them if I owened a club.
    brother of destruction
    brother of destruction

Number of posts : 370

Post  brother of destruction Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:30 am

I thought clubs would have something in the contracts covering that. Footballers have mentioned in interviews pretty frequently that they'd like to try skiing or bungee jumping, but they can't until after they've played. Thought they'd also ban them from motorbikes.

editEvidently they didn't know he had a motorbike & the players aren't allowed to have them...
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:58 am

Ok, I don't care what time I start work tomorrow morning...I am DEFINATELY staying up for the highlights tonight!

Half time 1-0, now 8-1 and counting. Once again, second half of a Spurs game sees a team collapse - thank god it's not us for once!
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:39 am

9-1??? Fuckin ell Gari, thats some score!! Couldve levelled our 9-0 vs Ipswich all those years back..guess you had to concede one Laughing

Credit to 'Arry...doing well at Tottenham. Bet you're well chuffed dude!
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:35 pm

And the point of that was what exactly?

Massive show of disrespect to the Wigan fans who travelled all the way down from Lancashire on a Sunday. Man Utd scored 9 because there was a good chance of the league being decided by goal difference, what was spurs excuse? We stopped at 4 against Tranmere in August before having a kick about.

Rolling Eyes
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:41 pm

Well, we needed the goal difference.

Plus Bentley and Niko had points to prove regarding their claims for a place.

And seriously, if you're having that much fun, would you really stop?
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:59 pm

Poor Titus Bramble, Jermaine Defoe had him in knots the entire game. Lennon and Niko were superb, and Defoe is on fire at the mo, on this form he HAS to go to the WC with England

Have to feel for Kirkland in goal, he was Wigan's best player, just wasnt his day, as proved by Bentley's peach of a free kick. Wigan's goal shouldnt have stood, Scharner handled it
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:52 pm

Blatant handball from Scharne, the game should be replayed.

Funny how Arsenal are still above Spurs on goal difference! Surprised
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:21 am

ShowStealer wrote:Blatant handball from Scharne, the game should be replayed.

Funny how Arsenal are still above Spurs on goal difference! Surprised

We also have a game in hand.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:51 am

Wigan Athletic players to personally refund Tottenham tickets

The club have announced that the players of Wigan Athletic have decided to personally refund every Latics fan who bought a ticket from the DW Stadium ticket office for the match against Tottenham Hotspur yesterday.

Latics had a sizeable following at White Hart Lane and skipper Mario Melchiot, speaking on behalf of all the players, said today: "We feel that as a group of players we badly let down our supporters yesterday, and this is a gesture we HAVE TO make and pay them back for their tremendous loyalty.

"There is not a lot else to say, just that as a group of professionals we were embarrassed by the way we performed, we feel it was below our standards and this is something we feel we owe to the fans.

"Now we have to draw a line under the game, focus completely on training this week and bounce back on Saturday.

"We are professionals, we will take it on the chin and move on but it's important that we do not take our supporters for granted.".

Very Happy
    MK
    MK

Post  MK Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:05 am

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=704616&sec=england&cc=5901

If this transfer does in fact happen, I don't see anyone catching them at the top of the table.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998

Post  IOV Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:30 pm

January will be a big test for them (we seem to say that every year) because of the players they lose to the African nations cup and I dont think signing Aguero is gonna make up for losing Essien and Mikel in midfield who is pretty much Essiens stand in. I would love to see Aguero sign for United though!

Theres a lot of talk at the moment that David Villa is leaving Valencia and is actually strongly considering a move to England

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:05 pm