SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+23
Garibaldi
showstealer
brother of destruction
KabukiJoe
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Rooq
PeteRoe
IOV
Sweatsock
ThatChumpStain
genehunt
Clarkey
The Ayatollah
MarkFromGoldenplec
Mezzy
Dr Hellwig PhD
fernzy
zhukov
The Chosen1
Ultimo LJ
RKO
Tomc2488
next_big_thing
27 posters

Official Premiership Thread

showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Official Premiership Thread - Page 27 Empty Re: Official Premiership Thread

Post  showstealer Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:37 am

It's about time approaching teenagers got properly punished.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:03 am

Man City and Man United have been reported over French teenagers and Crewe are reporting an unnamed Premier league team, part of me thinks that there is an element of petty revenge from small clubs now that they can see their is a chance of fucking over the big boys, I excpect we will see a lot more complaints in the days to come.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:59 pm

United have threatened to sue Le Havre if they dont drop the case which makes me think they are guilty as sin Very Happy
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:00 am

That's not like them at all. they usually buy you off, not threaten you

With Berbatov they "made a payment to our charitable foundation" in exchange for us dropping the charges over the illegal approach

Then again, we could probably have afforded the legal case where Le Havre can't
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:29 pm

Fiorentina have also reported Man U, cleary I would like to see Man U get fucked over but I honestly feel this is just the start of a rollercoster band wagon that will only continue to grow.
    MK
    MK

Number of posts : 622
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post  MK Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:33 am

Shocked

What a goal by Defoe.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:07 am

Indeed. Shocked cheers

Scholes was unlucky to be sent off, but Palacios, Vidic and Fletcher have all been lucky to stay on. All 3 committing bad bad fouls

Edit: That elbow. I rest my case on that Tosser Vidic.

But I also need to say that Chris Waddle is actually maing me miss Pleat as a commentator. At least Pleat was consistent - Waddle changes his tack every few minutes. One minute Man Utd need to work to give their defence a break, next they've been all over Spurs and are dictating thegame. Crouch maks thingss difficult, then he's not doing enough. Keane is not cuttiong inside, then he's cutting inside, then he's not cutting inside again.

Almost as bad as acouple of the refereeing decisions. Lennon's been challenged badly twice - 1st no penalty because he stayed on his feet despite being hacked twice, the second being another Vidic special on the edge of the box. Crouch must be the world's biggest bruise tonight, but got penqalised more than the guys challenging him.

Yes, they've edged the game with their composure on the ball, no argument there. But a ref that can actually penalise united players who swear at him repeatedly (looking at you, Fletcher), or stand up to the players surrounding him, who has the balls to call decisions against them as more than a token gesture - surely that's not too much to ask?
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719

Post  The Ayatollah Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:25 pm

Bloody great game though Gari!

Rooney and Fletcher were brilliant today, moreso Rooney...him and Defoe upfront for England in South Africa and you lot have a good chance of beating most teams. Cristiano fucking off to Madrid has done wonders for Wayne up front, hes so much better centrally!

Bit pissed off at Scholesy getting yet another red card....stay on your fucking feet son! Thats 3 red cards in under a year, fantastic player but he cannot seem to time a challenge properly. Good to see Rio and Vidic back together, we need them both fit for most of the season as IMO they are the best CB pairing in the Premiership and one of the best in Europe. Also I thought Foster had a good game, made some good saves, Ive been critical of Fossie recently but he did well today, had no chance with Defoe's goal, a cracker! Peach of a free kick by Giggs, and glad to see Anderson finally get off the mark for Utd, he's a very underrated player.

The City-Gooners match was a belter too, but Adebayor should never have been on the park to score that goal, he should have walked for that crude boot to RVP, Van Persie's tackle was poor but Adebayor cant be excused for leaving stud marks on Van Persie's face. And his celebratory run to the Gooner fans was idiotic, yeah he apologised (kind of) but it was bloody stupid of him to do that 90 yard run. Arsenal, they are great to watch at times but by god they are poor defending on the break, they badly need a player like City's Nigel De Jong, a midfield spoiler, and as good as the fullbacks are at getting forward they cant defend that well.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:11 am

come on, you seriously can't think that Fletcher, who gave the ref a mouthful every time he was penalised, and Vidic, who god 1 yellow off three challenges that could all have been reds, and who kept arguing with crouch then as soon as crouch argued back started trying to get the ref's attention (and who got away with two professional fouls in the cup final as well, don't forget), had good games yesterday?

Was a great game, but there were two many late/niggling/blatant challenges from both sides for my liking.

And I've already had the Ade complaints from JK elsewere, trust me!
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:24 am

Official Premiership Thread - Page 27 Addycelebration

Look at the steward with the baseball cap laughing at them! Very Happy
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:15 am

I've just seen the RVP/ABE incident on the news, and while it probably was a stamp and not an accident, RVP certainly made the most of it, he was clutching his face when ABE clearly didn't even make contact with his face or even his entire hand, still the FA will arse rape him for runing over to the Gooners fans.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:28 pm

He had stud marks on his face Dave..

And Gari I never said Vidic had a good game, I'm just pleased him and Rio are fit at mo. As for Fletcher, he did very well on the right flank and his pass for Rooney's goal was a touch of class, maybe he did argue every decision, thats 6 and half a dozen...every player argues decisions, Chelsea and Utd are particularly bad for remonstrating with refs (see I do criticize Utd!). Ya trying to tell me Spurs players never argue against a decision??
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:19 pm

Not at all, but his blatant swearing at the ref for 20-30 seconds over his most blatant foul of the game, or the number of United players who got involved at Palacios's booking - both of those were completely against this new drive for respecting the officials.

But I loved Vidic's whole "I'll have a go at Crouch constantlty and as soon as he snaps back at me I'll start yelling for the ref" approach.
    Rooq
    Rooq

Number of posts : 588

Post  Rooq Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:57 am

ShowStealer wrote:Official Premiership Thread - Page 27 Addycelebration

Look at the steward with the baseball cap laughing at them! Very Happy

Ade shouldnt of ran all the way up the pitch, but the problem is that it has become acceptable over the years to abuse players because they get paid enough to money to take it. Football fans are a hypocritical bunch at times, they dont mind calling someone a "c***" for 90 minutes, but how dare he respond by celebrating in front of them?!? How dare you Ade!!! Some people need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Also if the arsenal fans got on the pitch what exactly would they of done to him when they got on there? They need to remember its just a game of football. Strange people.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:46 am

I don't understand why Arsenal fans always turn on players who leave their club. I remember JK giving abuse to Veria when he went, very odd.

As for the clip, looks like a lot of fans are getting pushed and it's only a majority who are surging forwards. I'm pretty sure if they wanted to get on to the pitch they could have. Looks like a lot of holding your arms out wide and shouting abuse football factory style, tossers.

Official Premiership Thread - Page 27 Large_35419
    There wasn't much up roar when this happened.

Quite a few funny faces in the crowd, like the guy taking a picture! And the bald man on the left who looks scared witless!
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:39 am

On the clip I say his boot was nwhere near RVPs face.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:55 pm

The Premier League have introduced a new rule from next year on which entails each team to have 8 home grown players in their squad of 25 and they have to prove their financial stability at the end of the transfer window. While I agree its a good idea they arent giving the teams a lot of time to get their shit in order!

Benitez has already come out and said he doesnt know if he has 8 homegrown players good enough to fill the role and I'd say Liverpool arent the only ones. I can see a lot of the smaller teams really struggling with it
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:31 pm

I saw a differant clip of the stamp, and I accept that I was wrong.

I think the new rule is good for the England team if nothing else. But I see Liverpool signed a 16 year old English kid the next day!
    MK
    MK

Post  MK Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:39 am

Quick question: What are these "derbies" that are happening? I remember seeing one last week, and now this week with Man U/City. What are these crazy happenings?
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:36 am

The big one is in Sheffield this weekend, it's when 2 rival teams meet.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:47 am

MK wrote:Quick question: What are these "derbies" that are happening? I remember seeing one last week, and now this week with Man U/City. What are these crazy happenings?

Its a big rivalry between two local teams, from the same area. The major ones are Man United and Man City, Tottenham and Arsenal, and Liverpool and Everton. But there are loads of them.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:34 am

Could someone please explain to me why there were 6 fucking minutes added to that match!?
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:09 am

Very scrappy game that one - started well but just disintegrated into a series of little niggles - just a few scrappy tackles in the first half, but then the second...

there were clumsy late tackles, a terrible decision to deny the penalty, two bizarre goals (when the luck is against you, jesus! any other game and Cudicini's save and Corluka's tackle would have gone for a corner), two more pretty blatant penalties ignored (BAE's hand and Cole's charge at Crouch), weird substitutions, forced substitutions, and once the Bassong injury happened, the game just seemed to grind to a halt.

Like last week, clearly a step up from the Tottenham of old, but showed we still have a way to go. That said, from the first 6 games, we've played three of the big 4 and walked away with 12 points, which is an excellent return
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:51 pm

Outlaw2x4 wrote:Could someone please explain to me why there were 6 fucking minutes added to that match!?

I rally dont know.......but I'm not going to complain
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:38 pm

IOV wrote:
    Outlaw2x4 wrote:Could someone please explain to me why there were 6 fucking minutes added to that match!?

I rally dont know.......but I'm not going to complain

According to MOTD2, Owen scored 1 second after the time should have run out.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:25 pm

Big Dave wrote:
    IOV wrote:

I really dont know.......but I'm not going to complain

Yeah just saw that as well. I can see why City are upset because I know I would be as well if it was the other way around but it looks like the ref played it near perfect......time wise.

Foster really needs to pick his game up and start making better decisions. Its aggravating to watch him fuck about the way he did for the first or lying down at Bellamys heels as he ran past for the second when he pulls out a save like he did for SWP's shot when it was 2-2 so you can see the ability is there for all to see but Kusczak is waiting for his chance as well

From the highlights of the Chelsea-Spurs game I think if Keane had went down as soon as the contact happened he would have gotten the penalty it looked strange how he went down as Cech closed in on the ball. Im not saying it was a dive because I do believe it was a penalty but Keanes the kinda guy who wants to play on and that hurt his chances
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:12 am

IOV wrote:
    Big Dave wrote:
    IOV wrote:

I really dont know.......but I'm not going to complain

Yeah just saw that as well. I can see why City are upset because I know I would be as well if it was the other way around but it looks like the ref played it near perfect......time wise.

Foster really needs to pick his game up and start making better decisions. Its aggravating to watch him fuck about the way he did for the first or lying down at Bellamys heels as he ran past for the second when he pulls out a save like he did for SWP's shot when it was 2-2 so you can see the ability is there for all to see but Kusczak is waiting for his chance as well

From the highlights of the Chelsea-Spurs game I think if Keane had went down as soon as the contact happened he would have gotten the penalty it looked strange how he went down as Cech closed in on the ball. Im not saying it was a dive because I do believe it was a penalty but Keanes the kinda guy who wants to play on and that hurt his chances

The majority of strikers do when they get in behind the defenders, that's the problem. It means that only those who look for a penalty tend to go down at the moment of contacthe same thing happened to Lennon because he tried to keep playing last week.
    MK
    MK

Post  MK Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:00 am

Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:32 am

Its crazy to think that the same team won the FA Cup just over a year ago.
    MK
    MK

Post  MK Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:50 am

Wow...Hull City.... chin ponder

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:03 pm