SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+23
Garibaldi
showstealer
brother of destruction
KabukiJoe
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Rooq
PeteRoe
IOV
Sweatsock
ThatChumpStain
genehunt
Clarkey
The Ayatollah
MarkFromGoldenplec
Mezzy
Dr Hellwig PhD
fernzy
zhukov
The Chosen1
Ultimo LJ
RKO
Tomc2488
next_big_thing
27 posters

Official Premiership Thread

Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Official Premiership Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: Official Premiership Thread

Post  Garibaldi Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:41 am

Outlaw2x4 wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:Blatant handball from Scharne, the game should be replayed.

Funny how Arsenal are still above Spurs on goal difference! Surprised

We also have a game in hand.

But you havemn't lost to Chelski yet Laughing
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:07 am

Garibaldi wrote:
    Outlaw2x4 wrote:

You mean like when Tottenham got hammered by Chelsea? Razz
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:17 am

Outlaw2x4 wrote:
    Garibaldi wrote:
    Outlaw2x4 wrote:

Kinda my point there, thaks for making it. Cool

We'ce already lost that game, you haven't played it yet. If we beat Villa today, the when you lose tomorrow you'll only be level on points with us again if you win the game in hand
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:33 am

Garibaldi wrote:
    Outlaw2x4 wrote:
    Garibaldi wrote:
    Outlaw2x4 wrote:

Kinda my point there, thaks for making it. Cool

We'ce already lost that game, you haven't played it yet. If we beat Villa today, the when you lose tomorrow you'll only be level on points with us again if you win the game in hand

Spurs are only a point ahead of us now with two extra games played. You'll have to excuse me if I don't start panicking. cool v
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:36 am

Yeah, well, when Chelsea win tomorrow you'll be a point worse off than you were this morning. Razz

God they were relying on the ref like crazy there - every litte tap, every niggle, just to try and block the pressure. That is the luckiest point Villa will get this year, and there is no way they deserve to even consider the Europa the way they played in the second half. Cuellar and Friedel aside, they had very little to offer.

How they can claim that ball-to-arm from two yards on Defoe was handball is beyond me. To try it again when Dawson's arm was by his side and his body was turning away from the ball served them right.

On paper, a point at Villa is a good result, but that should have been 2-1 but could have been another 9-1.

btw...how come managers can't decide on how to pronounce a player's name when they both worked with them? Jay-nas, yee-nas...
    MK
    MK

Number of posts : 622
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post  MK Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:27 am

Wow. What an exciting match. Glad to see Given make that stop on Lampard after the whole Henry mess, although Lampard placed that one horribly.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:32 pm

What is it with penalties this weekend???

I'd done a calculation based on our next six games taking us to 40 points by new years - it allowed for draws with (most likely) Man City and Everton, so I'm not that worried.

That said, we turned up to play football, they turned up to muscle us of the ball. Their defense and fightback deserved a point, but for 60 minutes they - withj bloofdy afroman as a major culprit - just wanted to ruffle us and throw their weight around. That kid who came on at right back was pretty useful though - anyone know if he qualifies for England?
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:41 pm

Great 2nd half for Utd, Gibson looks a helluva player, reminds me of a young Scholes. He's not Ronaldo, but Antonio Valencia has been a pretty good signing, lot better than Nani anyway
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:54 am

Garibaldi wrote:What is it with penalties this weekend???

I'd done a calculation based on our next six games taking us to 40 points by new years - it allowed for draws with (most likely) Man City and Everton, so I'm not that worried.

That said, we turned up to play football, they turned up to muscle us of the ball. Their defense and fightback deserved a point, but for 60 minutes they - withj bloofdy afroman as a major culprit - just wanted to ruffle us and throw their weight around. That kid who came on at right back was pretty useful though - anyone know if he qualifies for England?

Séamus Coleman? He's Irish.

I enjoyed that Everton spurs match yesterday. Everton did pretty much bully everyone off the ball, but the last half hour was all Everton. I have never seen so many penalties given, and sp little scored. Five penalties awared over the weekend, and only one was scored!
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:20 am

Its gonna be a tough Xmas round of fixtures for Man U:

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that John O'Shea and Jonny Evans will not play again this year.

Both players were already sidelined, but now the club have confirmed both will be out until January at least.

Evans has been struggling with calf and ankle problems, whilst O'Shea had been sidelined with a dead leg but now the injury is obviously worse than first thought - although United have not gone into detail.

At the weekend, United were forced to field the likes of Darren Fletcher, Ryan Giggs and Michael Carrick in defence and things are not improving.

First-choice central defenders Nemanja Vidic (flu) and Rio Ferdinand (back) are out, whilst Wes Brown and Gary Neville joined the injury list over the weekend.

With Brazilian twins Fabio and Rafael also out, Patrice Evra is the only recognised senior defender travelling to Germany for their trip to Wolfsburg for their UEFA Champions League on Tuesday.

Youngster Oliver Gill has been called into the squad and although he has no first-team experience, he could be handed his debut.

Other options also include moving Park Ji-sung to right-back and switching Fletcher to left-back with Evra playing in the centre alongside Carrick

Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed that Evans and O'Shea were out until January and also revealed that Wayne Rooney and Dimitar Berbatov were left behind from their trip to Germany because of fresh injuries.

"There's no good news with all these injured players," Ferguson said.

"We have left several players behind and we have a lot of thinking to do about team selection. That's going to be very important.

"As we've explained, with Rio Ferdinand we have no scheduled return date yet. Wes Brown has a hamstring strain. We hope to have him fit for Saturday but you have to be careful with hamstring injuries.

"And John O'Shea and Jonny Evans are both out until January. They're out for a few weeks."

What about Richie De Laat or even David Gray, Gray's a rightback, De Laat could surely fill in in central defence for a few games? Ive never been a fan of playing players out of their natural positions, maybe Carrick at centreback as by all accounts he did well at weekend
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:30 am

Lets all take the chance to laugh at Hull, Bullards out for 6 to 8 weeks, shrewd bit of business that, well for Fulham anyway!!! Laughing
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:31 am

Big Dave wrote:Lets all take the chance to laugh at Hull, Bullards out for 6 to 8 weeks, shrewd bit of business that, well for Fulham anyway!!! Laughing

As much as I hate Phil Brown and seeing him suffer, I'm a huge Jimmy Bullard fan and hate seeing that happen to him.
    MK
    MK

Post  MK Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:08 am

Reports are going around that Landon Donovan could be sent to Everton on loan once the window opens up. Tim Howard and Landon Donovan on the same Prem League team! Now all I want to see is Everton vs. Fulham, to get Dempsey in the mix.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:21 am

Some funny results today.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:36 am

Roberto Mancini is now the manager of Man City.

Seems a bit sudden... chin ponder
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:52 am

Didn't they win today?
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:11 am

Big Dave wrote:Didn't they win today?

I heard that Kolo Toure was told right before kick off, so it seems like it had already been decided.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:52 am

Outlaw2x4 wrote:
    Big Dave wrote:Didn't they win today?

I heard that Kolo Toure was told right before kick off, so it seems like it had already been decided.
    Apparently Roberto accepted it on the 2nd December. chin ponder
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:10 pm

I feel sorry for Sparky...he was always looking over his shoulder for his replacement.

As for Man Shitty, it doesnt matter who they have as a manager, until they have a defence which doesnt leak goals, they will win sweet fuck all! I swear I almost pished myself with laughter when they bought Lescott for 20m +...Everton must have been laughing all the way to the bank, one of the most overrrated defenders in England!

Now onto Utd, we were fucking awful yesterday, Fulham were outstanding! Fact is Sir Alex HAS to buy at least one decent CB in Jan, Vidic and Rio cant stay fit for a prolonged amount of time, I fear one more defeat and the title is Chelsea's
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:21 am

Gary Megson sacked now. Managerial casualties stacking up.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:49 am

Outlaw2x4 wrote:Gary Megson sacked now. Managerial casualties stacking up.
    Idiots, the fans never gave him a chance and he was doing a great job there. Sometimes football fans leave me speechless.

Official Premiership Thread - Page 29 _47008274_bolton_banner226
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:59 am

The Ayatollah wrote:I feel sorry for Sparky...he was always looking over his shoulder for his replacement.

As for Man Shitty, it doesnt matter who they have as a manager, until they have a defence which doesnt leak goals, they will win sweet fuck all! I swear I almost pished myself with laughter when they bought Lescott for 20m +...Everton must have been laughing all the way to the bank, one of the most overrrated defenders in England!

Now onto Utd, we were fucking awful yesterday, Fulham were outstanding! Fact is Sir Alex HAS to buy at least one decent CB in Jan, Vidic and Rio cant stay fit for a prolonged amount of time, I fear one more defeat and the title is Chelsea's

Personally, I fear you lost it a long time ago! whistle

Last edited by Garibaldi on Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998

Post  IOV Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:00 am

I blame Sam Allardyce for this
    MK
    MK

Post  MK Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:34 pm

I wasn't able to watch the game, but from what I read afterwards, I heard that Donovan did a pretty good job in his first match with Everton. Was anyone able to watch it?
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:56 pm

Saw the highlights - seemed pretty lively without stealing the show. Everton should have won though - even Wenger said it was closer to finishing 3-1 Everton than 2-2 (the actual final score)

But once again the three leaders fail to take a chance to pull clear of the chasing pack (OK, Chelsea didn't play today, but they've been blowing it for the last month). You'd think that it's them and one from 4 for the CL spots, but if they don't pull their finger out, then they could miss out just as easily as Liverpool. In fact, one of the chasing 4 (Spurs, Villa, Man City and Liverpool) could even overhaul one or more of the top guys if they keep dropping points. It really is down now to who is the first to find some consistent good form.

And boy, United can thank a ref who somehow got to the right decison by ignoring his better-placed linesman for that one - but Fletcher standing there screaming at thelinesman and the ref and jabbing a finger at them demanding the goal stand...lucky he wasn't given the second yellow then. Respect my arse where United are concerned
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:21 am

MK wrote:I wasn't able to watch the game, but from what I read afterwards, I heard that Donovan did a pretty good job in his first match with Everton. Was anyone able to watch it?

Yeah he was quite good, He gave Armand traore a horrid time. But in fairness Traore was bloody awful yesterday. Arsenal were very lucky yesterday, but once again we proved to have the fight in us to get a result even if was only a point. This time last year we wouldn't have come back from their second goal.

Also Gari, you dont seriously believe Spurs, City or Villa is going to overhaul the top 3 do you? If it happens it wouldn't last long.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:22 am

And you can't honestly think that there's nobody at the top 3 clubs looking at those three an thinking "we're not pulling away - they could be dangerous"

My main point is that the top 3 aren't taking real advantage of the points that the others are dropping to put the issue away. Normally by this point, catching them would involve the top 3 team in question having a slump whilst the chsing team puts in some good form, but right now everyone is having a slump, so it really is a question of whether they can improve before the chasers do. Man City's sudden improvement is an ideal example - if it continues, then in just a few games time they could have closed the gap - and they already have one in hand.

Right now, United are shaky, Arsenal constantly look one key injury from a crisis, and chelsea just don't seem to be as dominant as they were at the start of the season. They won't all be caught, but if one of them slips, then City's current form, Spurs' current defensive brick wall and rampant front line or Villa's general fighting spirit may be enough to see them catch up.

Legitimately, there is not much of a gap there, and you cannot argue that bigger gaps have been overturned in previous years.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:05 pm

Good to see that Burnley are showing some ambition by signing a championship level manager.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:29 am

Big Dave wrote:Good to see that Burnley are showing some ambition by signing a championship level manager.
    They should have gone for O'Driscol, the finest manager in the football league.

Laws will get them back in to league one. confused
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:50 pm

ShowStealer wrote:
    Big Dave wrote:Good to see that Burnley are showing some ambition by signing a championship level manager.
    They should have gone for O'Driscol, the finest manager in the football league.

Laws will get them back in to league one. confused

It was a money thing, apparently - Laws meant no compensation and was used to working without any real money.

Which is good because he won't have any when they go back doiwn!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:59 pm