SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+11
MarkFromGoldenplec
Outlaw2x4
Garibaldi
Kun©
ThatChumpStain
KJ
showstealer
The Chosen1
Mezzy
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Tomc2488
15 posters

Official Football Manager Thread

ThatChumpStain
    ThatChumpStain

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Official Football Manager Thread

Post  ThatChumpStain Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:15 pm

23 years, 23 years and they don't renew my contract despite overachieving every single year. Fuckers!
    Kun©

Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Official Football Manager Thread

Post  Kun© Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:05 pm

ShowStealer wrote:I got sacked and replaced by David Platt, who has sent the club in to the relegation zone.

I want my £25 back!! Mad

Yeah...how dare that game make you lose.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:24 pm

Kun wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:I got sacked and replaced by David Platt, who has sent the club in to the relegation zone.

I want my £25 back!! Mad

Yeah...how dare that game make you lose.
    That was a joke, I would be more annoyed if the game was easy.

I'm going to give it to the end of the season to see if I can get another job and to see how Mr Twat Platt does.
    Graham Taylor wrote:Managing Charlton on Football Manager after the update is an impossible job.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:34 am

Decided to start as City so I could spend spend spend while I got used to the new version, bought Santa Cruz and he broke his leg in the last pre-season game!
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:15 pm

JK wrote:

Garibaldi wrote:
    KJ wrote:
    JK wrote:
    KJ wrote:Anyone know what 'XML parsing error' means?

Not being able to play the game is doing my head in.

Means you turned your computer off whilst the program was running. Kills your save games.

Do you know if it can be fixed? I've had a look around online and haven't had much luck Sad

Lesson to learn - staggered saves over 2-3 files so that one crash doesn't bugger everything.

And KJ, if you've been using autosave or normal save as opposed to save as your game should have been spread across 3 different files, saving to a different one each time. Chances are you can load one of the other two. You might lose a month or two (or more) but it'll save you starting again.

so what I said... Rolling Eyes

Post  Guest Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:55 pm

Garibaldi wrote:
    JK wrote:

Garibaldi wrote:
    KJ wrote:
    JK wrote:
    KJ wrote:Anyone know what 'XML parsing error' means?

Not being able to play the game is doing my head in.

Means you turned your computer off whilst the program was running. Kills your save games.

Do you know if it can be fixed? I've had a look around online and haven't had much luck Sad

Lesson to learn - staggered saves over 2-3 files so that one crash doesn't bugger everything.

And KJ, if you've been using autosave or normal save as opposed to save as your game should have been spread across 3 different files, saving to a different one each time. Chances are you can load one of the other two. You might lose a month or two (or more) but it'll save you starting again.

so what I said... Rolling Eyes

So you did. My mistake. Embarassed

In other news the MIGHTY~! Aldershot Town are on their way to Wembley for the League 2 playoff final. Not bad when my media prediction was 23rd Very Happy
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:46 am

Recently in my game, players potential have dropped considerably and its really annoying!

For example, I bought a right back and and a goalkeeper who both came highly recommended by my scouts. Their coach reports both said they had potential to be quality players, 5 stars. Now six months later in my game, both these guys potential have dropped to only 3 stars, decent players!

Djourou had potential to be a 4 star player, but after I spent ages developing him, he has peaked at only 3 stars.

Now clichy, denilson and Walcott have all dropped a complete star.

Anyone know how important this potential rating is? Its really annoying me, as I spent a fortune on my signings, and spent alot of time on the others.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:58 am

When my AM tells me that there is a ga[ between my defense and my midfield, what can I do to correct that?

If anyone is looking for a good cheap keeper, I got a guy called Oscar Sanchz, for 1.4m from Santos and he's great, he was meant to be back-up to Joe Hart but the coaching staff all rated him higher, he's been man of the match three times in 2 months and I have the joint 2nd lowest conceded rate.
    KJ
    KJ

Number of posts : 124

Post  KJ Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:41 am

FINALLY got the parsing problem fixed and I am Birmingham, top of the league after 7 wins and two draws thus far, also knocked Middlesborough out of the League Cup after Garry O'Connor scored twice.

Signed 14 players...spent a total of £5.5 million and sold 8 for a total of £4.2 million.

Highlights:

Binya (free)
    Sharonov (£150 000)
    Delph (£225 000)
    Beevers (£2.1 million)
    Balde (£18k)
    McEveley (£300 000)

Will post the full list later, but we are playing pretty well, scoring a ton of goals. Carlton Cole on loan for the season has been a revelation.

I wondered if anyone could recommend training schedules? It's something I've never figured out in my time playing such games, due to laziness but mainly due to ignorance.

Any ideas?

Post  Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:45 am

Big Dave wrote:When my AM tells me that there is a ga[ between my defense and my midfield, what can I do to correct that?

If anyone is looking for a good cheap keeper, I got a guy called Oscar Sanchz, for 1.4m from Santos and he's great, he was meant to be back-up to Joe Hart but the coaching staff all rated him higher, he's been man of the match three times in 2 months and I have the joint 2nd lowest conceded rate.

Have you ever heard of the rule of one? Basically it's the number of mentality notches between your defence and midfield.

If you're just using team mentality then he probably just wants you to play a DM or something. I currently play with 2 CBs and 2 WBs and a DM and he still says there's a gap though so no idea..
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:17 am

JK wrote:
    Big Dave wrote:When my AM tells me that there is a ga[ between my defense and my midfield, what can I do to correct that?

Have you ever heard of the rule of one? Basically it's the number of mentality notches between your defence and midfield.

If you're just using team mentality then he probably just wants you to play a DM or something. I currently play with 2 CBs and 2 WBs and a DM and he still says there's a gap though so no idea..

I'm using 4-4-2, my CB's have backwards run arrows, and my DM runs back, while the other central midfielder runs forward. I think its the standard 4-4-2 attacking formation, I will try changing the mentality.

What are the attributes for a good playmaker?

Post  Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:43 am

Depends what sort of playmaker you want but ideally flair, passing, teamwork, work rate, creativity and decisions should be pretty high.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:02 pm

Jo is twice the player Robhino is for me anyway. Several of my players attracted bids from "big" clubs and now they are all unhappy because I refused to sell them Surprised I sined Asharvin and another Ruski from Zenit with a simaler name but after 1 month assface is unsettled. Moan moan bloody moan.

Post  Guest Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:07 am

In fairness you are in Manchester (I'm guessing from Robinho)... I've never had a problem getting Arshavin to settle in London.

Post  Guest Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:21 pm

Wow... the 9.0.2 patch really does make a difference to the game. Really fixed some of the nagging problems.

Also I particularly like the fact that when I played in the Chamber Pot as Arsenal before the board were dissappointed if I didn't win the bloody thing. It's now far more realistic:

"The Board do not consider the League Cup to be important and will evaluate your performance solely on the team's progress in other competitions."

That's more like it! Very Happy
    ThatChumpStain
    ThatChumpStain

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post  ThatChumpStain Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:31 pm

Re-hired! Very Happy By God the last manager had a ton of shitty players brought in and sold a fair few of my best too, time to start building up the mighty Vauxhall Motors again.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:20 am

KJ wrote:FINALLY got the parsing problem fixed

How? I've got it now. Evil or Very Mad

And sent £3 mil on a short term left winger, only to find that when I rested a crapload of players Danny Rose has proven to be the perfect choice for the spot. For a young player 7s and 8s every game, along with assists and the occasional goal is excellent.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:14 am

Season 2 with City, bought Diego, Adriano, McGregor and Metzelder, still have about 60million to spend in Jan
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:28 am

1st season over, went through a tough patch over xmas but then it all came together in the end:

LC - knocked out by Man U in the semis
    FA Cup - Won it, beat Arsenal in the 1/4s and Man U in the semis, Blackburn in the final!
    UEFA Cup - Won it! Beat AC Milan 5-4 in extra time
    League - finished 4th but the was on goal differance, was actually joint 2nd with Aresnal and Liverpool.

Jo was my top scorer on 26 goals, Santa Cruz only managed 9 games and scored his only goal in the last, which was the FA Cup final!

AC Milian signed Ronaldhino for £16m. If I'd known he was going that cheap I would have had him, Scolari got sacked about the same time he did in real life! Shocked

Post  Guest Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:08 am

Ok one of the higher-uppers at Sports Interactive must be a Newcastle fan because they are stupidly good on this, and not just good in the sense that Shay Given helps them win matches. They're duking it out with me for the top spot and Joe Kinnear is still in charge with the same basic squad that he started with. Bloody ridiculous!

Mutter... Crying or Very sad
    KJ
    KJ

Number of posts : 124

Post  KJ Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:30 am

Sod it!!!

Now it's saying my keycode is invalid and the trial is up!!

Worst game I ever bought, although I did successfully get Birmingham promoted with 114 points, 28 goals conceded, 127 scored and with no defeats.

Anyone else had the keycode problem?
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:34 am

JK wrote:Ok one of the higher-uppers at Sports Interactive must be a Newcastle fan because they are stupidly good on this, and not just good in the sense that Shay Given helps them win matches. They're duking it out with me for the top spot and Joe Kinnear is still in charge with the same basic squad that he started with. Bloody ridiculous!

Could we worse, the club you support could of sacked you when you've preformed better than the real life manager, who they didn't sack at that stage of the season!! cussing
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:38 am

JK wrote:Ok one of the higher-uppers at Sports Interactive must be a Newcastle fan because they are stupidly good on this, and not just good in the sense that Shay Given helps them win matches. They're duking it out with me for the top spot and Joe Kinnear is still in charge with the same basic squad that he started with. Bloody ridiculous!

They stayed in the top of my game till nearly the last month of the season, then died off. I think they maybe finished 7th, but they took an interest in Kompany and he said he would have to consider their offer as he wanted to play football at a higher level! Shocked They also seem to have a fair amount to spend, fair enough I've got £119million but, they belonng to some fat midgit. Owen stayed as well.

Post  Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:25 pm

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 4 Bestcomebackever

BEST COMEBACK EVER!!! Very Happy
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:10 am

Does anyone else get a very high level of disallowed goals? Not just against me but both sides, I would say at least one a game.

Post  Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:17 am

Big Dave wrote:Does anyone else get a very high level of disallowed goals? Not just against me but both sides, I would say at least one a game.

Yep. Usually once a game.

They also don't seem to have programmed the "can't be offside off an opposition player's pass" rule very well. I've been screwed over it many times.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:34 am

I get offsides a lot with Hibs....Derek Riordan once went 15 hrs without a goal...but he'd had about 8 disallowed in the games before he broke the goal drought

I'm doing not bad with Hibs...out of Europe at hands of Sampdoria 6-4 on agg, 5th in the League, Semi's of Scottish Cup. Signed Rok Kosluk, Steve Marlet, Jeffrey De Visscher and Andreas Scotti, with Miguel Rebosio to follow them to Hibs in January.

Fletcher on 15 for season, Marlet and Riordan on 8 each, and the midfield chipping in with a few, Appiah grabbing 3 or 4 goals (great signing once fit!)

Hope to bring in Bradley Johnson from Leeds in January at left back as Ian Murray is out longterm as is Kosluk, and I need a good LB to keep pressure on Paul Hanlon

Post  Guest Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:08 am

My 2nd Arsenal game going beautifully. On course for the treble and Real Madrid foolishly let Bojan's contract expire so he's on his way to Arsenal at the end of the season Very Happy
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:39 am

Is there anyone at Arsenal you would recommend me trying to take on loan at Hibs JK?

Post  Guest Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:08 am

How far into the game are you? In a first season I've got loads of suggestions but later on Wenger tends to hang on to them.

In your first season I would try and get Merida, Wilshere and Lansbury for definate but players like Nordveit (although think he's already out on loan at the start of the game) and Bazarite are also worth getting.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:49 pm