SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+11
MarkFromGoldenplec
Outlaw2x4
Garibaldi
Kun©
ThatChumpStain
KJ
showstealer
The Chosen1
Mezzy
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Tomc2488
15 posters

Official Football Manager Thread

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Official Football Manager Thread

Post  Guest Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:33 am

Same here. I think the game is designed to give you rival matches as often as possible. I always end up playing Spurs at least 4 times per season and it's always me that knocks Man Utd out of the CL.

Chelsea, however, have absolutely bombed on my game. They didn't even make the Europa league this year and they're struggling to get into the top half now!

Fabianski is now being challenged by a 19 year old Englishman called Rudi Thomas who already has Ariel ability of 17, 16 for one on ones and 17 for reflexes... for a teenage goalkeeper that's pretty much unheard of! Last year I had Pereira and Fiorillo as my 2nd and 3rd choice keepers respectively but Thomas is blowing them both away. Against Man Utd he stopped about 23 shots on target (was playing my youngsters) before being beaten by, typically at OT, a last minute penalty.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Official Football Manager Thread

Post  Big Dave Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:59 pm

I ended up playimg the FA cup final 3 times! My computer crashed twice, the first time I had won 4-0, the 2nd 2-0 and then the 3rd time I final won 2-1 in the 94th min!!! Twisted Evil Still won the treble.

Offered the Greece job took it but got bord of not knowing any of the players and quit after 3 games (1 draw, 2 wins).

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm

International management is only really good if it's your own country really. I got offered the England job but turned it down, so Alardarse got the job... the FA announced him as their unanimous first choice.

Good to know FM's FA spout just as much bullshit as the real deal! Laughing
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:55 pm

Finished 2nd in SPL with Hibs splitting the Old Firm. For 61, Against 26. Fletcher on 34 goals, Riordan with 16..various midfielders chipping in with another 20.

Great signings were Stephen Appiah, Bradley Johnson, and Jean Joel Perrier Doumbe...all of them costing less than half a million Very Happy . Sold Hogg, O'Brien, Sheils etc

Andres Scotti and Appiah rated the 2 bargains of season. Been given a 2 yr contract and 3 million quid to win the league, plus I have Zemmama and Benjelloun back off their loans Very Happy

My team now is

Juan Castillo, JJ Perrier-Doumbe, Ian Murray, Andres Scotti, Miguel Rebosio, Brad Johnson, Jeff De Visscher, Stephen Appiah, Amaury Bischoff, Steven Fletcher and Derek Riordan.

Freed shite like Gathuessi, McNeil, Bamba and Chisholm...etc
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:28 pm

I had a great time managing Austria back in the day. Smile
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:30 am

The begged me to come back, so I did, all I do is pick the squad then go on holiday!

Its 2011, I'm looking for a right back and all my searching etc tells me the best players are 17, except for Sergi Ramos and I ain't spending £150m!
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:46 am

Big Dave wrote:The begged me to come back, so I did, all I do is pick the squad then go on holiday!

Its 2011, I'm looking for a right back and all my searching etc tells me the best players are 17, except for Sergi Ramos and I ain't spending £150m!

Look up David Santon. He's a good right back.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:26 am

Outlaw2x4 wrote:
    Big Dave wrote:The begged me to come back, so I did, all I do is pick the squad then go on holiday!

Look up David Santon. He's a good right back.

Already got him but I wanted a more established name.

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:22 am

Bakary Sagna is a bargain at any price.

I've got a young English striker Andy Britton banging at the door at the moment. He's till down the pecking order but Adebayor's getting on a bit so good to know I don't have to splurge for a replacement. 6 goals in 6 appearances when he's only just left the youth team is good going!

Post  Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:32 am

Went on holiday for a while to see what would happen. Pat Rice managed to let half my coaching staff leave, including all my shooting trainers. Fucking idiot...
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:49 am

I got board and sold my copy, then discoverd it works without the disk! I experimented with going on holiday for tough matchs, my AM is unstoppable!
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:01 am

wouldn't trust my AM to get Spain to through a world cup group of Andorra, Monaco, Belarus, Switzerland and Wales.

Saved Luton and into the second season now...loans rule!

Had to let most of the fringe players go as the board wouldn't give me enough to offer them new contracts, but so far I've sent sod all on purchases.

Shows at times, but my team includes N'Gotty, Anderton, Andy Cole, Matthew Spring (who I included in my England squad a few versions back), Kieran McKenna (who I have used a few times at Spurs in the past) and a mix of ManUre, Gooner and Spud loans.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:11 am

I made it to the 3rd Qualifying Round of the Champ League with Hibs but got my arse kicked by Udinese. Am in the Euro Group stages at mo, going ok in the league...got a bit of money to spend Very Happy

Post  Guest Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:21 am

As it was Pat Rice's final season before his retirement I stayed on holiday for the rest of the season. After years of my Arsenal winning everything he didn't win a thing except the World Club Championship. Not the finish he wanted to his career I'm sure.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Tue May 12, 2009 3:37 am

Why is JK a guest, has he deleted his account to avoid tempting himself away from revision? scratch

I've started playing again. I've had too much fun back in the day when Charlton weren't a bag of shit to give up that easily!

I've taken control of Leeds (the equivalent of playing the game on hard then trying again on the easy setting.) and won the League 1 after Leicester went on a massive slump toward the end of the season and nearly ended up in the playoffs. Huddersfield finished 3rd and I've managed to steel their 19 year old first choice keeper on a free which has delighted the Leeds faithful! I was surprised that I managed to keep Dolph. In older versions nearly every player had a big club release cause, and the likes of Lee Bowyer, Richard Rufus and Mark Kinsella would bugger off before the first friendly has been played.

Bolton, who were relegated have stolen my goalkeeping coach, the swines!
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Number of posts : 360

Post  Sweatsock Tue May 12, 2009 4:46 am

ShowStealer wrote:Why is JK a guest, has he deleted his account to avoid tempting himself away from revision? scratch

Pretty much, yeah.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Tue May 19, 2009 3:03 am

Just bought James McCarthy for Hibs for about 200k....he's turned out to be quality Very Happy
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Thu May 21, 2009 2:17 pm

If you fancy a challenge, try managing Charlton...

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 6 PoisonChalis

And this is a shocker! affraid

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 6 MKShelvey
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:27 am

Will have to update the above pictures as Saunders has been sacked, someone new is now in charge, the club has entered admin which resulted in relegation due to a 10 point deduction, with out the penalty they would of finished 21st and stayed up. Mad

Jonjo has joined Rangers. Very Happy

I've been given a £7m budget for my second year in the Championship, my long term straegy of slow growth has really benefited Leeds and I'm now gunning for the title with Benjani a £200k summer signing!

Oh, and I beat some team called Millwall in a pre-season match with my reserves. Twisted Evil
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:31 am

On season 2010-11, also got the Ghana job and qualified for next stage of World Cup. Signed Wayne Routledge last season for Hibs...and Hossam Ghaly has just joined him on a free transfer. Have a shit-hot midfield now...just need 3 players to challenge for the title and a good run in europe. A CB, LB/RB and a good attacker. Have 3.5m to spend Very Happy
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:29 am

Anyone getting FM2010?? I plan to ASAP.

Still playing with Hibs on FM09...got Jack Wiltshere on loan this season, Arsenal also loaned me Jay Simpson the previous season and he won SPL Young Player of the Year. Good signings for Hibs are Steve Foster from Barnsley and Paul Codrea from Siena. Been trying to get a Brazilian called Cicero, I end up signing him then he fails to get a work permit, bloody pity as hes fucking superb!
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401

Post  Garibaldi Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:28 pm

Just got a PS3, so my ovcasional FM willbe even more occasional now!

I've gept dipping back into my Luton game every so often. Now ij my fifth season - in the Championship looking to avoid relegation. Signed a good half-dozen young players from the Irish league - all I could afford at the time - and a couple of worth them are already worth 1/4 - 1/2 million as teenagers with minimal playing time.

And I FINALLY have some money to spend...but no half-decent striker wants to sign!
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:36 pm

I managed to keep Leeds in the Premier League and the stadium is getting expanded to 55k. Hopefully I'll be able to finish mid-table this season then the sky's the limit!

Meanwhile, Charlton who have gone through even more managers and entered admin avoided relegation to League 2 on the last day of the season. Sad
    Darkarius
    Darkarius

Number of posts : 40
    Location : Housewares section of S-MART. Shop smart, shop S-MART!!!
    Registration date : 2009-01-07

Post  Darkarius Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:49 pm

Well when this years one comes out, if anyone wants a real challenge play as portsmouth. you'll be fucked from the start the way things are for us at the moment. Mad
    The Chosen1
    The Chosen1

Number of posts : 108

Post  The Chosen1 Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:20 am

Is there a website where I can download player pics for either an individual Blue Square North team or the whole league?

Thanks.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:10 am

I got mine yesterday, the new interface is cool, but I am too used to the old one. Also getting used to the new rating system for players. Getting hammered right now as well.... Mad
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:39 am

My copy is due anyday really looking forward to it...is it better than 09 Outlaw??
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:00 am

The Ayatollah wrote:My copy is due anyday really looking forward to it...is it better than 09 Outlaw??

I'll let you know when I get over this losing streak!

Yeah I reckon its better, the 3D is imporoved a fair bit, and the new interface is quite nice.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:45 am

Just started a season with Hibs, got a shitty transfer budget of 200k, had to sell off Darren McCormack to Swansea for 700 grand.

Bought JJ Perrier-Doumbe on a free at RWB, Marcus Williams from Scunthorpe for 170k at LWB, Ivan Campo on a free to add more depth to the midfield. Could do with another CB as McCormack went to Swansea and Sol Bamba is injured. Wanted Kyle Bartley or Dorian Dervite on loan but both Arsenal & Spurs want too much of a loan fee
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:37 pm

Sitting 5th after 6 games, Quarter Final of CIS Cup. Sold Paul Hanlon to Fulham for £1.2m, bought Czech CB Marek Suchy from Slavia Prague for 500k, and Spanish RB Iban Zubiaurre on a free from Athletic Bilbao. Window is shut till Jan so need to make do with what I have

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:54 am