SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+15
MK
Shaun2J
IOV
Kun©
MarkFromGoldenplec
Mezzy
Big Dave
showstealer
Sweatsock
brother of destruction
ThatChumpStain
Dr Hellwig PhD
PeteRoe
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Clarkey
19 posters

UEFA Champions League

Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

UEFA Champions League - Page 5 Empty Re: UEFA Champions League

Post  Garibaldi Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:36 am

Big Dave wrote:How do you manage to turn this into a spurs/arse thread, Spurs aren't even in Europe.

I was going to praise Arsenal and it just felt wrong, so I needed a dig to balance my Karma Wink

And JK, it wasn't a penalty because the defender clearly and cleanly player the ball. Walcott, to his credit, didn't just do the traditional fall over the leading leg, unfortunately, his attempt to avoid said leg, rather than jumping over it or turning away from the defender, was to turn into the defender (clearly assuming that the leg wouldn't have a torso involved) and the trailing leg, which was tucked under the defender in such a way that he led with his knee, is what caught him.

He can't even claim that he was brought down as he turned with the ball as he didn't start to turn until the ball was gone.

But as I said before. Good result.
    Mezzy
    Mezzy

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2008-11-20

Post  Mezzy Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:15 am

What a goal from Ronaldo. Shocked 39.6 yards, unreal.

Hopefully that sets us back to how we were pre-Liverpool. The two semis should both be epic, I'm pretty confident we can beat the Arse over two legs. It's just that we're at home first, it's definitely a disadvantage.
    Rooq
    Rooq

Number of posts : 588
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  Rooq Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:56 am

Messi greatest player in the world?

When ever ive seen him hes been a diving lil shit! and they complain about ronaldo! remeber a few years ago when he rolled around on the floor about 40 times trying to get a chelsea player sent off.

Hopefully Chelsea go through! think the Spanish league isnt as strong as some say as Barca didnt seem that great as everyone says.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:49 pm

I predicte that Wenger will blame tonights result on Swine Flu! After all Vela had to be checked out for it the other day.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991

Post  showstealer Tue May 05, 2009 12:04 pm

Whoops!!! Laughing

You can not win anything with a team full of kids (other than a scrap in the league cup). You need a mixture of experience.

Nice to see the fans leave after 60mins of a Champions League Semi-final because they were 3 goals down. Try having the season we've had. NOT ONCE DID OUR FANS LEAVE THAT EARLY.

Arsenal - The breeding ground for big clubs.

ass ass ass
    MarkFromGoldenplec
    MarkFromGoldenplec

Number of posts : 132
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  MarkFromGoldenplec Tue May 05, 2009 1:38 pm

Wenger looked like he had just been raped all night Laughing Laughing
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Tue May 05, 2009 1:54 pm

Poor Fletcher, I must admit I thought it was a penalty first time I saw it so im not blaming the referee but every time I saw the replay the decision just looked worse and worse!

Onto the final now then if im honest I would rather play Barca than Chelsea. I know Barcas front line is awesome but I still think their back line is terrible and if United hit them on the break they will take them
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian

Number of posts : 480

Post  Hector_Nicols_Accordian Wed May 06, 2009 2:10 pm

That was funny Laughing
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Wed May 06, 2009 2:30 pm

Wasnt it just Very Happy

Drogba is an idiot, no doubt he'll gt a suspension for acting like a dick at the end. At least he was showing a bit of passion though!
    Rooq
    Rooq

Post  Rooq Wed May 06, 2009 11:47 pm

Im sure most people will be wanting Barcelona to win the final which is funny as they are a bunch of big headed diving cheats! never have liked them and will be hoping for Man United to win the final! find it funny that people keep going Ronaldo needs to prove it on the big stage time and time again, and he has time and time again, yet they never say the same for Messi who seems to be the golden child of football, Barcelona are a good team in a very VERY bad league.....
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719

Post  The Ayatollah Thu May 07, 2009 12:46 am

Barca being without Dani Alves and Eric Abidal for the CL Final is a big boost for Man U, Ronaldo should have a field day in Rome, downer that we may not have Darren Fletcher for the final, hes had a great season, hope the appeal is successful!
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave Thu May 07, 2009 12:49 am

The Ayatollah wrote:Barca being without Dani Alves and Eric Abidal for the CL Final is a big boost for Man U, Ronaldo should have a field day in Rome, downer that we may not have Darren Fletcher for the final, hes had a great season, hope the appeal is successful!

I think his ban stands.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Thu May 07, 2009 1:54 am

As always, if I'm in on a Wednesday I'll watch the first half of the Champions League then The Apprentice, which is far better television. With the amount of replays and highlights you get these days it makes sense, even with the BBC iplayer!

Here's my contribution to the thread. Smile

UEFA Champions League - Page 5 33xwsye

Here's a funny picture.

It will be interesting to here Sweatsock's opinion of the ref. There certainly seemed to be a few clear but penalties not given IMO, but not anti-English conspiracy! Laughing
    Rooq
    Rooq

Post  Rooq Thu May 07, 2009 2:35 am

UEFA Champions League - Page 5 Sensation
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Number of posts : 360

Post  Sweatsock Thu May 07, 2009 5:40 am

I only saw the last 15 minutes or so as I was on a game myself. The only penalty decision I've seen so far is the Pique handball and for me, yes, that's a penalty. Haven't really seen the refs view point of it but I'd assume it wasn;t the best as it looked a pretty clear handball to me. I wouldn't neccesarily expect the assistant to get involved here though as it's halfway across the pitch and it's quite difficult to judge intent, which the key factor here, from that far away. The one right at the end was never a penalty and Ballack's reaction was out of order. I notice how no one from Chelsea or the English press has come out and praised the red card for Abidal which was a great bit of teamwork from the ref and the stand-side assistant.

Still, even if the ref had turned down 10 stonewall penalties, there is absolutely no justification of the Chelsea players, Ballack and Drogba in particular. Professional players acting like that only encourages the bampots and idiots on the public parks to think it is acceptable to behave in that manner towards a ref. Bit of a sore subject for me at the minute tbh since I had to report a coach for violent conduct against myself last week.

I honestly rate Tom Ovrebo really highly and even if he did have a stinker I'd still have him up there in the top 5 or 6 in Europe.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Thu May 07, 2009 6:10 am

Sweatsock wrote:I honestly rate Tom Ovrebo really highly and even if he did have a stinker I'd still have him up there in the top 5 or 6 in Europe.
    Are you sure? I mean, apparently he's Norwegian so therefore shouldn't ref at this level... Rolling Eyes

UEFA Champions League - Page 5 312e1sl UEFA Champions League - Page 5 2aenfps
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Thu May 07, 2009 9:21 am

It was hilarious!

Add Bosingwa to the list of shame - called the ref a thief on portuguese TV and now has asked to retract the comment in the hope he'll get away with it...

The Pique one was, I thought, strange. As the ball came towards him, he actually turned his torso away from it before it hit his arm, but the strange thing is that if he HADN't done that it would have hit his chest instead. I can only think that the ref took that as a sign that there was no intent as he didn't gain by exposing his arm to the ball inj the first place.

Just guessing...

Oh, and yes, I want Barca. I called them in the quarters. And to claim they'll be the only team in the final with diving cheats is a litle excessive. Man Utd's games always suddenly seem to include a large number of set piece opportunities in the final third as games wind down if they're not leading because of the sudden rise of the dreaded visious tripping grass on the pitch whenever an attack seems to break down.
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian

Number of posts : 480

Post  Hector_Nicols_Accordian Thu May 07, 2009 9:56 am

What a disgrace Drogba is, I would have him banned for the next season's Champions' League. If he didn't miss the sitter in the 1st half Chelsea would have got through, his mistake was just as bad as any the referee may have made.

Horrible man and horrible actions.
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Post  Sweatsock Thu May 07, 2009 10:09 am

ShowStealer wrote:
    Sweatsock wrote:I honestly rate Tom Ovrebo really highly and even if he did have a stinker I'd still have him up there in the top 5 or 6 in Europe.
    Are you sure? I mean, apparently he's Norwegian so therefore shouldn't ref at this level... Rolling Eyes

Oh how I cringed when Redknapp came out with that crap. Let's ignore the fact he's refereed at Euro 2008 and will be at the 2010 World Cup as well as having handled a hell of a lot of top level CL & UEFA cup games along with internationals. He was also the top referee in Norway in something like 5 out of the last 6 seasons.
    Kun©

Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post  Kun© Thu May 07, 2009 12:41 pm

Sweatsock wrote:I only saw the last 15 minutes or so as I was on a game myself. The only penalty decision I've seen so far is the Pique handball and for me, yes, that's a penalty. Haven't really seen the refs view point of it but I'd assume it wasn;t the best as it looked a pretty clear handball to me. I wouldn't neccesarily expect the assistant to get involved here though as it's halfway across the pitch and it's quite difficult to judge intent, which the key factor here, from that far away. The one right at the end was never a penalty and Ballack's reaction was out of order. I notice how no one from Chelsea or the English press has come out and praised the red card for Abidal which was a great bit of teamwork from the ref and the stand-side assistant.

Still, even if the ref had turned down 10 stonewall penalties, there is absolutely no justification of the Chelsea players, Ballack and Drogba in particular. Professional players acting like that only encourages the bampots and idiots on the public parks to think it is acceptable to behave in that manner towards a ref. Bit of a sore subject for me at the minute tbh since I had to report a coach for violent conduct against myself last week.

I honestly rate Tom Ovrebo really highly and even if he did have a stinker I'd still have him up there in the top 5 or 6 in Europe.

I was under the impression Anelka trips himself up chin ponder. Seemed like a horrible decision to me anyway, which would probably explain why its barely getting a mention!
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Thu May 07, 2009 4:40 pm

Sweatsock wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:

Oh how I cringed when Redknapp came out with that crap. Let's ignore the fact he's refereed at Euro 2008 and will be at the 2010 World Cup as well as having handled a hell of a lot of top level CL & UEFA cup games along with internationals. He was also the top referee in Norway in something like 5 out of the last 6 seasons.

wasn't he the re hat screwed up at the Euros in an Italian game or someting and led to them demanding an official UEFA apology?
    ThatChumpStain
    ThatChumpStain

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post  ThatChumpStain Thu May 07, 2009 5:01 pm

UEFA Champions League - Page 5 Didier_drogba_wideweb__470x347,0
    UEFA Champions League - Page 5 HulkHogan028
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Fri May 08, 2009 3:18 am

Sweatsock wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:

Refs should only come from the big football countries like England, otherwise we may have an incident in a world cup were a player gets booked 3 times!!

Hang on... Rolling Eyes
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Shaun2J Fri May 08, 2009 8:02 am

UEFA Champions League - Page 5 Rthilf
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Post  Sweatsock Fri May 08, 2009 9:40 am

Adey wrote:
    Sweatsock wrote:I only saw the last 15 minutes or so as I was on a game myself. The only penalty decision I've seen so far is the Pique handball and for me, yes, that's a penalty. Haven't really seen the refs view point of it but I'd assume it wasn;t the best as it looked a pretty clear handball to me. I wouldn't neccesarily expect the assistant to get involved here though as it's halfway across the pitch and it's quite difficult to judge intent, which the key factor here, from that far away. The one right at the end was never a penalty and Ballack's reaction was out of order. I notice how no one from Chelsea or the English press has come out and praised the red card for Abidal which was a great bit of teamwork from the ref and the stand-side assistant.

I was under the impression Anelka trips himself up chin ponder. Seemed like a horrible decision to me anyway, which would probably explain why its barely getting a mention!

Nah, there's a shirt pull and minimal contact with the legs but for me it's enough to put Anelka down due to his momentum and merits the foul and red card.
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Shaun2J Thu May 28, 2009 6:21 am

Bit quiet here....
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Thu May 28, 2009 6:30 am

Shaunj4 wrote:Bit quiet here....
    That's because JK isn't posting for the foreseeable future! No doubt he would have enjoyed last night more than if his own won the champions league.

The best 2 teams of the tournament were in the final and the best team won. Not really much to add.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Fri May 29, 2009 10:05 am

Yesterday was sleep day for me

Barca deserved it on the night, the infuriating thing was how they didnt have to get out of third gear to do it
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:25 pm

ShowStealer wrote:
    Shaunj4 wrote:Bit quiet here....
    That's because JK isn't posting for the foreseeable future!

It'll be quiet for a good long while then. He's unlikely to be back for a while if at all.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:41 pm

Why so Gari?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:45 pm