SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+15
MK
Shaun2J
IOV
Kun©
MarkFromGoldenplec
Mezzy
Big Dave
showstealer
Sweatsock
brother of destruction
ThatChumpStain
Dr Hellwig PhD
PeteRoe
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Clarkey
19 posters

UEFA Champions League

Rooq
    Rooq

Number of posts : 588
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

UEFA Champions League - Page 2 Empty Re: UEFA Champions League

Post  Rooq Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:20 am

I wouldnt get Wenger out.

Is funny some want him out, if he left, clubs would be all after him, and who would Arsenal replace Wenger with????

I cant think of anyone who is available. (magilton... take him please)
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991

Post  showstealer Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:34 am

Arsenal are pushing above their weight with Wenger.

LOCKED ON FACT.

But if they make the biggest mistake in football, please take Pardew! Very Happy

Post  Guest Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:38 am

Wenger is irreplaceable as far as I'm concerned, hence why I don't want him out. Even when he steps down as manager I'd want him to continue in a new role, like head of youth development and scouting or something.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:53 pm

Dissapointed with the draw tonight i thought the game was there to be won and would have liked to seen Tevez introduced earlier and not wide on the left when he did come on

For all the whistles in Ronaldos direction from the home fans at his apparant diving, the marks on his knees told a different story, Rooney blatantly dived at least twice and didnt even dive well!

Celtic must have messed up very badly to go out after they were a goal up, can they even qualify for the UEFA cup now?

Post  Guest Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:25 pm

Once again Bendtner proves that he's a great player coming off the bench...

He should never be allowed to start! Razz
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Number of posts : 360
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Sweatsock Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:20 pm

Missed the game due to a concert but ach fuck would sum it up for me!
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  PeteRoe Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:14 pm

Laughed pretty hard last night at Celtic. Was exactly the same for us against Kaunas.

Get it up them.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719

Post  The Ayatollah Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:29 am

Will Celtic ever get the away day monkey off their back?? That's....what.....18 away Euro games without a win, sorry Sweatsock, your team cant hope to do anything in Europe with an awful away record like that, wont say it was embarrasing as every Scottish club has fucked up this year in Europe, my Hibs got embarrassed by Elfsborg in the Intertattie Cup, and Rangers loss to Kaunas (Jambos Reserves) was shocking.

You wont get a better chance than last night to end that awful away run mate, Tic bottled it last night. Aalborg are one of the poorest teams in the CL, Celtic realistically should be winning games like that.

I think its become almost a mental block for some Celtic players this poor away run, you could see the heads go down at 1-1

Post  Guest Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:20 pm

Ok... just in case people didn't get the memo, kicking Carlos Vela into the air every time he gets the ball is perfectly fine. New rule. Not excusing the performance or the fact that Porto won but that has got to be one of the worst refereeing performances this season. Bendtner puts in a perfectly fair tackle and they get a free kick, Vela gets hacked down when he's on a blazing run and... nothing. Talk about inconsistency!

Terrible performance but you can tell from the team sheet that Wenger wasn't too concerned. No Fab, no Ade, no VP, Gallas out of position (and back to his shite self), Vela starting, and then when we were losing he brought on youngsters. He clearly had his eye on the Boro game. The big pluses, however, is that Wilshire was bloody brilliant (again.) Not sure where he fits into Wenger's plans but he could be something truly special. Also Eboue was good, which will hopefully shut up the morons I had to share a stadium with last weekend.

Tough times could be on the horizon, hopefully this loss won't come back to bite us on the ass.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:57 am

Finishing top doesnt seem to be much of an advantage when you see some of the teams that came second, the only advantage i can see is the second leg is at home for the group winners

Fair play to Aalborg last night their second goal was a beauty but O'Shea seemed to be sucked in very easily. Rooney needs to cut out the petulant, tantrum shit he was at last night, if he really is frustrated he should jst put the ball in the net and show you cant keep a quality player down instead he went round kicking anything that moved and every one of them were blatantly cardable offences. A stronger referee and he would have gotten his marching orders but he stayed and got the goal and thank fuck too!
    Rooq
    Rooq

Post  Rooq Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:13 am

IOV wrote:Finishing top doesnt seem to be much of an advantage when you see some of the teams that came second, the only advantage i can see is the second leg is at home for the group winners

Fair play to Aalborg last night their second goal was a beauty but O'Shea seemed to be sucked in very easily. Rooney needs to cut out the petulant, tantrum shit he was at last night, if he really is frustrated he should jst put the ball in the net and show you cant keep a quality player down instead he went round kicking anything that moved and every one of them were blatantly cardable offences. A stronger referee and he would have gotten his marching orders but he stayed and got the goal and thank fuck too!

Finishing top means you dont have to face Barcalona who will more than likely walk the champions league this year! so Arsenal best hope they dont face them, if they get a team like Inter Milan though, I can see Arsenal getting through quite easily.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:32 am

JK wrote:Tough times could be on the horizon
    Laughing

Post  Guest Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:35 am

ShowStealer wrote:
    Laughing

What? If we get Barca then we're fucked but if we get Bayern we have a chance. Hence tough times could be on the horizon in this tournament.

What's funny? Why are you even in this thread? Go away.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:45 am

JK wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:
    Laughing

What? If we get Barca then we're fucked but if we get Bayern we have a chance. Hence tough times could be on the horizon in this tournament.

ooooooooh! Very Happy

You've got a bit of a tempter JK, it's not nice telling people to go away. I find your definition of tough times quite funny.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:50 am

Rooq wrote:
    IOV wrote:Finishing top doesnt seem to be much of an advantage when you see some of the teams that came second, the only advantage i can see is the second leg is at home for the group winners

Finishing top means you dont have to face Barcalona who will more than likely walk the champions league this year! so Arsenal best hope they dont face them, if they get a team like Inter Milan though, I can see Arsenal getting through quite easily.

But realisticaly if Barca are as good as everyone percieves this year then you will have to play them in the final anyway, id rather get two shots at them than one

I wouldnt mind getting Inter they havent threatened to do anything in the Championsd league in thye past 40 years at least. Ofcourse now that i have said that they shall win all infront of them
    Rooq
    Rooq

Post  Rooq Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:55 am

IOV wrote:
    Rooq wrote:

But realisticaly if Barca are as good as everyone percieves this year then you will have to play them in the final anyway, id rather get two shots at them than one

I wouldnt mind getting Inter they havent threatened to do anything in the Championsd league in thye past 40 years at least. Ofcourse now that i have said that they shall win all infront of them

Yeah but in a one off game anything can happen, in 2 games Barca would be able to come back from a defeat, id rather get them in the final than in the knock out stages (if i was a fan of Arsenal anyway)

Even with Jose at Inter I still think they are very dodgy and probably one of the easiest top seeds to beat, I do like Inter, but they just always seem to get beaten in the champs league very early and cant see it changing this year.
    Rooq
    Rooq

Post  Rooq Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:57 am

ShowStealer wrote:
    JK wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:
    Laughing

ooooooooh! Very Happy

You've got a bit of a tempter JK, it's not nice telling people to go away. I find your definition of tough times quite funny.

I would agree

Tough times facing Bayern Munich or Barcalona?!?!? Ooo dear hard indeed!

Some fans of Arsenal, Man U etc etc need to realise what hard times are when you are fighting off relegation and stuff in the championship, thats hard times, not worrying about who you may face in a champs league game which would bring you in a few million quid anyway.

Hard times indeedie.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:09 am

Rooq wrote:Even with Jose at Inter I still think they are very dodgy and probably one of the easiest top seeds to beat, I do like Inter, but they just always seem to get beaten in the champs league very early and cant see it changing this year.

I remember the whole romantic picture channel 4 used to paint of Inter how they were so desperate tro win the league and always just fell short and i'll admit i fell for it at the time but this past few years has completely soured me on them, if it wasnt for Juves demotion and Milan and Fiorentina being fined all those points Inter wouldnt be in the position they are now. Granted Inter have done nothing wrong they are just taking advantage of the situation but they hold little interest for me now

On the whole tough times thing if you are fighting for survival in the championship or anywhere infact yes it is indeed tougher than worrying about your draw in the champions league but the draw for the last 16 is a worry for some teams and fans especially if they harbour hopes of winning it. A lovely worry to have though and i know which one id rather have!

I cant believe i just stuck up for JK Mad

Post  Guest Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:13 am

Rooq wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:
    JK wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:
    Laughing

ooooooooh! Very Happy

I would agree

Tough times facing Bayern Munich or Barcalona?!?!? Ooo dear hard indeed!

Some fans of Arsenal, Man U etc etc need to realise what hard times are when you are fighting off relegation and stuff in the championship, thats hard times, not worrying about who you may face in a champs league game which would bring you in a few million quid anyway.

Hard times indeedie.

I appreciate that all things are relative.

I did actually put "Shoo!" at the end of that first post to make it clear it was humerous but obviously forgot to hit the all important send button Embarassed
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:48 am

It's more greedy than relative, do you worry about the FA Cup draw which doesn't seed teams? If you're going to win it you'll have to face a tough game eventually.

Enjoy the good times whilst you still can, as they will not last forever.
    Dr Hellwig PhD
    Dr Hellwig PhD

Number of posts : 217
    Location : Perpetually moving through shitholes. Or Polmont and Croy as they are otherwise known
    Registration date : 2008-10-28

Post  Dr Hellwig PhD Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:52 am

There really can't be many tougher grounds to go to than Parkhead in all of Europe if you need a result. Say what you want about their away record (and I often do!) Celtic have a home European record that puts much bigger clubs to shame.

Pity they couldn't win away from home if their lives depended on it... when was the last away win in the top tourney - Ajax in the qualifiers?

Good result against a Villareal team that were looking for the points though, hopefully bring the co-efficient back up a little after the severe rogering it's taken this season! (Stupid Hearts B team...)

Post  Guest Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:53 am

UEFA to rule on Rooney

Since he's English and this is UEFA we're talking about I believe the policy is to fine him *raises pinky* one million pounds, ban him for 3 years and give Turkey the Champions League final.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:58 am

Well he was acting like a little prick last night they could study three or four different incidents and throw the book at him

Hopefully he'll get off with a fine
    ThatChumpStain
    ThatChumpStain

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post  ThatChumpStain Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:23 pm

UEFA Champions League - Page 2 Lol

Post  Guest Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:25 am

The first competitor with a chance to beat "Super Calley Go ballistic Celtic are atrocious" as the number 1 sports headline of all time?
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:14 am

JK wrote:The first competitor with a chance to beat "Super Calley Go ballistic Celtic are atrocious" as the number 1 sports headline of all time?
    It's no where near the level of brilliance of that headline. Evil or Very Mad
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Shaun2J Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:40 am

I give in, it took me a while to get that one. Sad

Post  Guest Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:21 am

Roma... fuck! No
    Rooq
    Rooq

Post  Rooq Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:35 am

JK wrote:Roma... fuck! No

errr..

thats probably the best you could of hoped for they are beatable? why you always so downcast on Arsenal anyway! they will beat liverpool the weekend anyway as they only seem to get up for top teams!

Arsenal dissapointed me after there piss poor performance against Burnley!

FORSHAME ARSEnal.

Post  Guest Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:07 am

The more pessemistic I am the more likely they are to win, I'm actually thrilled Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:15 am