SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+23
Garibaldi
showstealer
brother of destruction
KabukiJoe
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Rooq
PeteRoe
IOV
Sweatsock
ThatChumpStain
genehunt
Clarkey
The Ayatollah
MarkFromGoldenplec
Mezzy
Dr Hellwig PhD
fernzy
zhukov
The Chosen1
Ultimo LJ
RKO
Tomc2488
next_big_thing
27 posters

Official Premiership Thread

IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Official Premiership Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Official Premiership Thread

Post  IOV Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:26 am

Paul Ince has just gotten the boot at Blackburn, it has been coming for a while but why would they sign a young relatively inexperienced manager and then sack him after 6 months because the results werent going their way?

It doesnt take a genuis to know that he was going to take a bit of time to settle and get things going his way and six months just isnt long enough

The sacking culture in the English leagues is incredible, if a manager does not provide quality football or trophies straight away he is under pressure. Im not saying Ince was a dimond in the rough but Blackburn will never know now will they?

I wouldnt be surprised to see Mark Hughes get his marching orders soon as well
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Shaun2J Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:59 am

Had it coming though, Blackburn were playing in the top half last year and now they are just fighting for survival.

Just give Ince time. Give him a championship or League 1 Team, let him collect some experience and then he can take a premiership team again or promoted team.

Blackburn just needs to see where to get the points from, 6 points behind 16th.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:30 am

Big Sam is now in charge and he means business, this time, it's personal.

Suspect
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:48 am

ShowStealer wrote:Big Sam is now in charge and he means business, this time, it's personal.

Suspect

Horrible man i hope he fails miserably
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:55 am

I saw him in Croatia with a Louis Vutton bag. queen flower
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:17 pm

IOV wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:Big Sam is now in charge and he means business, this time, it's personal.

Suspect

Horrible man i hope he fails miserably

Laughing

Post  Guest Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:02 am

Oh goody! Let us celebrate the return of hack and hoof football to the top flight! Rolling Eyes
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:14 am

Not seen Stoke play this season then JK?
    The Chosen1
    The Chosen1

Number of posts : 108

Post  The Chosen1 Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:39 am

Garibaldi wrote:
    MarkFromGoldenplec wrote:
    The Chosen1 wrote:
    IOV wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:You also support Inter, I think you used to have a season ticket for them.

Im sure theres another 17 as well
    I never said that I supported Inter, although I do look out for their results & I like to watch them on the tele now & again.

Tbf you did say you supported Inter alot.

Plus wasn't there an avatar a few years back that sorta implied it?
    Yeah, I've also had a Man Utd avatar, La Parka avatar & a Rhyno one too.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:23 am

I dont quite get what you're saying here, you claim not to support Inter despite having them as your avatar and prove your point by saying you also had Manchester United as your avatar even though you support them.............

And unless im mistaken you had to upload the Inter avatar yourself so its not as if you saw it in the gallery and thought "hmmm an Inter avatar i dont support them but i might just use it cos im crazy like that"
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:12 am

ShowStealer wrote:Not seen Stoke play this season then JK?

Of course not - I mean, they only played Arsenal a little while back, why do think that would interest him?

When I worked for bet365, I had the chance to use one of the company season tickets for each of the home games....even I'm not that desperate to watch football on the cheap!
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:52 am

Surely it's worth watching Shit football when they're playing against your team? Especially if you hardly get the chance to watch them.

Post  Guest Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:51 am

I didn't realize they played like that in every game. I though they were just giving us the special treatment like most teams do.
    Rooq
    Rooq

Number of posts : 588

Post  Rooq Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:08 am

JK wrote:I didn't realize they played like that in every game. I though they were just giving us the special treatment like most teams do.

Stoke are a (pardon my french) fucking dreadful team to watch, they where the same in the championship! easily the worst team i have ever seen soooo boring.. I hope they dont go down so they can stay in the prem so we dont have to play them and watch there god awful football again.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:58 am

Sam Allardyce's mind wrote:I'm a footballing genuis I should be the next United manager fuck it why wait give it to me now Fergie take a hike

Come to think it I'm that good I could do a couple of jobs at once so Wenger, Big Phil, Fabio, Pep you're on extended leave

That is an actual thought going round Big Sams head now Sad
    MarkFromGoldenplec
    MarkFromGoldenplec

Number of posts : 132
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  MarkFromGoldenplec Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:55 am

IOV wrote:
    Sam Allardyce's mind wrote:Mmmm pies.

That is an actual thought going round Big Sams head now Sad

Fixed.

Post  Guest Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:22 am

Fabregas out for four months, thanks a fucking lot Alonso. Evil or Very Mad
    Mezzy
    Mezzy

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2008-11-20

Post  Mezzy Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:13 pm

Just a passing thought to say how much I enjoy seeing John Terry get sent off. It really lights up my days.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:47 pm

JK wrote:Fabregas out for four months, thanks a fucking lot Alonso. Evil or Very Mad
    Enjoy the champions league while you still can! Laughing

Post  Guest Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:50 pm

ShowStealer wrote:
    JK wrote:Fabregas out for four months, thanks a fucking lot Alonso. Evil or Very Mad
    Enjoy the champions league while you still can! Laughing

Enjoy the championship while you still can. Laughing

We got to the CL final with a central midfielder playing at left back and Cygan playing several games. Stranger things have happened!

Looks like Aaron Ramsey will be getting his chance to shine. A similar player to Fabregas but not exactly a like for like replacement. Who knows, maybe Wilshire will get a run in the side?

Suspect Wenger may have to open his cheque book now. We've only got Denilson (who's currently covering the right wing), Diaby and Ramsey left to play in the center unless Wilshire and Bischoff are given run outs.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:33 am

Don't worry JK, I will be renewing my season ticket if we're playing in league 1 next season. Would you do the same? Highly doubtful.
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Number of posts : 360

Post  Sweatsock Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:45 am

Mezzy wrote:Just a passing thought to say how much I enjoy seeing John Terry get sent off. It really lights up my days.

Can't believe Chelsea were upset about it tbh, it's a red card every day of the week. He's got no control over his tackle whatsoever, a bit like Alan McGregor really.

Post  Guest Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:55 am

ShowStealer wrote:Don't worry JK, I will be renewing my season ticket if we're playing in league 1 next season. Would you do the same? Highly doubtful.

Sleep

Ok... seriously, there are episodes of the Vicar of Dibley less boring than the armchair fan insult. Go back to the Championship thread and return when you've got something fresh.

And for your information, yes I would. In fact there would be a silver lining in that I might actually be able to GET a season ticket!
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:07 pm

JK wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:Don't worry JK, I will be renewing my season ticket if we're playing in league 1 next season. Would you do the same? Highly doubtful.

Sleep

Ok... seriously, there are episodes of the Vicar of Dibley less boring than the armchair fan insult. Go back to the Championship thread and return when you've got something fresh.

And for your information, yes I would. In fact there would be a silver lining in that I might actually be able to GET a season ticket!

Bigger silver lining - you might get some fans that want to actually make some noise in there! Right now, only our bad start marks the difference between where you are now and where we are now. If you don't improve I sense mid-table beckoning you as much as sneaking survival for us.

And Alonso was not to blame FFS - if losing this one player is so terrible then it's time to really admit that you're hanging on to your top 4 status by the fingernails.
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Number of posts : 253

Post  PeteRoe Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:20 pm

Sweatsock wrote:
    Mezzy wrote:Just a passing thought to say how much I enjoy seeing John Terry get sent off. It really lights up my days.

Can't believe Chelsea were upset about it tbh, it's a red card every day of the week. He's got no control over his tackle whatsoever, a bit like Alan McGregor really.

Ahem...it is Allan.

Only kiddin though. I dont care for little things like that.

I was not sure on the Terry incident at the time and I am still unsure. It was not a great tackle at all and upon replay I thought it was a yellow card.

Then again the referee only gets one look at it and deemed it a red card offence so there you go. 3 matches though is a steep punishment.

Post  Guest Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:15 pm

Garibaldi wrote:
    JK wrote:

Sleep

Bigger silver lining - you might get some fans that want to actually make some noise in there! Right now, only our bad start marks the difference between where you are now and where we are now. If you don't improve I sense mid-table beckoning you as much as sneaking survival for us.

And Alonso was not to blame FFS - if losing this one player is so terrible then it's time to really admit that you're hanging on to your top 4 status by the fingernails.

Ledley King? Cool
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:19 pm

JK wrote: yes I would.
    Bear in mind what a calamity it would take for that to happen. It's easy to say so on a forum but to see the rot take place in front of you each week is something else. I think most people get a season ticket before they're 20...
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:48 am

JK wrote:
    Garibaldi wrote:
    JK wrote:

Sleep

Ledley King? Cool

We haven't got a top 4 status to worry about Wink

And we'd still have Aaron Lennon anyway...

Post  Guest Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:26 am

ShowStealer wrote:
    JK wrote: yes I would.
    Bear in mind what a calamity it would take for that to happen. It's easy to say so on a forum but to see the rot take place in front of you each week is something else. I think most people get a season ticket before they're 20...

Not at Arsenal. The waiting list is bloody years long. By the time I get to the top of th list it would be a waste of money anyway as I'm going to be moving to Wales in a couple of years. Grrr!

And having played for a monumentally terrible football team I appreciate the value of dedication and loyalty. I'd follow Arsenal to the Conference if I had to. First team I ever saw live and the last team I'll ever support.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664

Post  Outlaw2x4 Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:59 am

Arsenal defense strikes again.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:00 pm