SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+23
Garibaldi
showstealer
brother of destruction
KabukiJoe
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Rooq
PeteRoe
IOV
Sweatsock
ThatChumpStain
genehunt
Clarkey
The Ayatollah
MarkFromGoldenplec
Mezzy
Dr Hellwig PhD
fernzy
zhukov
The Chosen1
Ultimo LJ
RKO
Tomc2488
next_big_thing
27 posters

Official Premiership Thread

Official Premiership Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: Official Premiership Thread

Post  Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:03 pm

In case you all weren't aware Summer has come early this year. The Spuds on 606 have already started talking about how they'll be qualifying for the Champions League next year.
    Mezzy
    Mezzy

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2008-11-20

Post  Mezzy Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:16 am

Outlaw2x4 wrote:
    Mezzy wrote:Jesus the commentary in here is ridiculous. It's not a bloody Arsenal forum.

Well maybe you should post more then. Most United fans here tend to fucking hide whenever you lose.

Just saw the Liverpool highlights. While I was sure they would win I can't believe how far Aston Villa have fallen. I think as well as they performed this year, their current condition proves that they are still not top 4 material or champions league material. Cracker from Riera too!

Alright next game I'll post ten messages in a row about the match and we'll say how much enjoyment everyone else gets from it. Nice to know that you enjoy my posts so much to want more though. Wink

Post  Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:31 am

If anyone has run out of toilet paper I reccomend picking up a copy of the Times and using this article, though be aware there's a lot of shit in it already:

Matt Hughes and his usual anti-Arsenal crap

Fabregas leaving Arsenal is unlikely but within the realms of possibility. Fabregas leaving Arsenal to join Real Madrid - hell will freeze over first. He's a born and bred Barcelona fan who comes from a long line of them.

Also Fabregas' has an ego because he celebrated with his team mates after they won? In terms of big-player egos Fab must be way way WAY down. He's one of the most level headed young players I've ever seen, and I'm sure many non-Arsenal fans would agree.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:42 am

Outlaw2x4 wrote:
    Mezzy wrote:Jesus the commentary in here is ridiculous. It's not a bloody Arsenal forum.

Well maybe you should post more then. Most United fans here tend to fucking hide whenever you lose.

Who the fuck put 10p in you?

Just because we arent giving 30 second updates on a match which if anyone is really that interested in they would be keeping up to date themselves anyway. Most fans wait until after the game and give a general round up of it not post after post after post of the same shit.

Anyway I have seen the Taylor incident and it is no different from the foul he did on Ronaldo a few weeks back, same bit of overreacting from the foreigner and everything but the intention was there for sure.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:01 am

The title race has certainly lived up a bit, still think Man Utd will win it though, and will be the first to 20 titles.

As for the relegation, it's a big shame that West Brom are where they are. It seems that teams coming up aren't able to play football as Stoke are showing....
    I think Hull could stay up, on the last day of the season, which will only make it worse when they get relegated the following season! Twisted Evil

Is it me or is someone not getting the hint? Laughing

Post  Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:29 pm

No I'm sure we've all noticed you're still in the Premier League thread... Wink
    Rooq
    Rooq

Number of posts : 588

Post  Rooq Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:49 am

God Stephen Gerrard is a cocky twat, Id love Liverpool to fail just because of him, havent got much against Liverpool really, just cant stand him.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:35 am

JK wrote:If anyone has run out of toilet paper I reccomend picking up a copy of the Times and using this article, though be aware there's a lot of shit in it already:

Matt Hughes and his usual anti-Arsenal crap

Fabregas leaving Arsenal is unlikely but within the realms of possibility. Fabregas leaving Arsenal to join Real Madrid - hell will freeze over first. He's a born and bred Barcelona fan who comes from a long line of them.

Also Fabregas' has an ego because he celebrated with his team mates after they won? In terms of big-player egos Fab must be way way WAY down. He's one of the most level headed young players I've ever seen, and I'm sure many non-Arsenal fans would agree.

Nope, he's not as bad as RVP but he's still shown more than a little arrogance in the past. And another year without winning things would mean the chances of him leaving would be much more likely than you seem to think. I agree that Real is unlikely though.

And btw...you "think" there's a few Spuds on here??? I'm aware of a few Yids...I think one may even run the place, but I'm not too sure.

And on the subject of where we'll be next year. I'm not going to rave CL - We've proved twice and Villa this year that being good enough is one thing, being able to break your bunch of half-wits and misfits down over a season is another - but I will just point to 1. the form against the big 4 this year, 2. the current form now that Harry's been able to tweak the squad more to his liking (and FTR, without Defoe or, for the main part, Chimbonda) and 3. the fact that your lot are getting weaker year-on-year.

Oh, and for a terrible season, we could finish 7th with a cup final and only losing to ManUre in the cups...

Post  Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:10 am

It's not the end of the season and you're already breaking out the obscure statistics?? Ok... my go Razz

We may have cacked up against you at the Emirates but you failed to beat our 10 man shoestring scrapings squad at White Hart Lane, which I would say was more of an achievement for us than you! I'd call that 1-1

1. Form against the big 4: We've beaten Man Utd and Chelsea and we drew with Liverpool... so not bad so far. Admittedly that could change but not bad going!

2. Current form - 16 games unbeaten despite missing Rosicky, Eduardo, Walcott, Fabregas and Adebayor for vast chunks of it and Toure and Clichy for other games.

3. Are we? We had a bum year against you (and you still lost), then a better year, then we had a good if tragically ended title run last year, and this year we're headed for a top 4 finish, FA Cup Semi final, CL Quarter Final and our youth team got to the 1/4 finals of the chamber pot, going out to a team that very nearly beat your first team... it's not what we were but that doesn't suggest a steady decline. If Wenger had signed Arshavin earlier than he did (i.e. as a replacement for Hleb when he left) things might have been different. But between them Denilson, Song and Diaby are competing very strongly to fill the Vieira role alongside the creative Fabregas.

Also, isn't it funny that so many Spurs fans called us losing the CL final in 2006 a failure that was worth nothing, but are now heralding the fact that they lost the Chamber Pot final as the most magnificent thing since Jesus.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:57 am

Never knocked you losing. The fact that it was a tedious, lacklustre and unspectacular match compred to ours against the same Chelsea side the next year? We'll ignore that.

A simple thing for me to prove you're not what you were. You're looking at replacing Hleb as a sign you've not declined, and there was consternation about whether you could afford to lose Flamini...what about Lehman or Henry before him, Bergkamp as well?

Signing someone like Silvestre wouldn't have been on your radar 5 years ago. You really only have one player in Fabregas at the moment who even neutrals would look at and say "Now HE'S class. HE'S a match-winner. Adebayor has lost that spark he had, RVP seems to come and go, Walcott still hasn't proven himself (one good international match does not a top player make - and with Lennon now back it'll be a while before he gets another), Gallas is too temperamental, Almunia is an insult to 30 years of top drawer keepers and John Lukic.

Where are your Henrys, Bergkamps, Campbells? Pires? Overmars? Adams? Lehman? Seaman? You used to have top drawer players across the team and a few guys who were just that damn good. Now teams look at you and think that the team looks beatable. There's no one player who worries you. No Talisman

We've been the same. Lennon's return to form has finally given us our Ginola/Klinsmann/Sheringham/Gazza/Hoddle again - that player who can in a single moment make even the dullest game worth the admission for one moment of brilliance, who you'll watch in the worst conditions in the most tedious game ever just because they could do something that damn special.

Most of your team couldn't lace the boots of their equivalents 5 - 10 years ago. And each year key players have moved on and the replacement has not been of the same quality. That's what I mean about decline.

I mean FFS "3 players who between them are competing to replace Viera"...If you could play all 3 you might have half the player in total. Same with United tryiong to replace Keane with Carrick or Hargreaves - It doesn't work because they ae not the same quality.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:11 am

Garibaldi wrote:Almunia is an insult to 30 years of top drawer keepers and John Lukic.
    Very Happy

You're not going to win anything with a first choice 'keeper of the quality of Almunia.

BTW, any chance of a Arsenal & Spurs thread? Twisted Evil
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:21 am

No. Not only would half the traffic on this thread vanish, but also I was arguing from a neutral perspective on that last one. Only the Lennon point was spurs-centric.

Nice to see that there's a neutral agreement on that point though.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:33 am

Garibaldi wrote:No. Not only would half the traffic on this thread vanish, but also I was arguing from a neutral perspective on that last one. Only the Lennon point was spurs-centric.

I disagree. You two can have your own thread, which will allow you to post more than you do on this this, and this thread should become more lively as a result.

Post  Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:33 am

1. We played against the best team in Europe and an obviously biased referee with 10 men, did you really Brazillian style football?

2. Have you seen Almunia play recently? Against Newcastle he was a rock and he's made blinding saves all year long. You don't string together the number of clean sheets we've had without a quality keeper. He bided his time as number 2, improved every season and then overtook Lehmann because he was the better keeper. The guy gets so much stick and it's utterly undeserved.

3. Flamini went from being a player people were indifferent to supposedly being the cornerstone of our midfield in a blink. Diaby has the potential to be a far better player and is finally starting to show it. In Flamini's absence Diaby, Denilson and Song have come on leaps and bounds from last season which can only be a good thing.

4. Walcott may have only had one amazing international but he's been bloody brilliant for us every game he's played. Tireless, always looking to create opportunities. As soon as he's fully fit and playing regularly Aaron Lennon won't be near the England first 11. Walcott is by far the better player and Capello has said as much. He wasn't picked because he wasn't fit.

5. On Adebayor, I back him to come good again now that Bendtner has really started to improve, Eduardo is back in the squad and Vela is coming up very fast. Last year he had to prove that he was good enough to fill Henry's shoes and he went all out. The same will happen when he realises he has to compete for his place. Wenger didn't hesitate to drop Kanu when he wasn't scoring anymore.

6. Van Persie has had an odd season because he's been played out of position a lot. When played in his natural position just behind Adebayor or Eduardo he's been fantastic. Stuck out on the left wing of a 5 man midfield... not so much, but he still works hard.

7. Our defence is coping without Campbell and the younger players have got better and better. Djourou is already a better player than he was 6 months ago and Gallas and Toure, despite hating eachother, have become one of the most solid central partnerships in the league.

Overmars? Well we've done pretty well since he left but if I had to pick one player that looked like he was playing the Overmars role I would say... Walcott.

Pires? If Rosicky was fit you wouldn't even mention him. When fit Rosicky looked every bit Robert's replacement, and Arshavin looks like a player in the Pires mould too.

Henry and Bergkamp? Well Henry was a great player no question, but we scored plenty of goals without him last season and we have the players to keep doing so. They may not be as pretty, but they'll come! Bergkamp is utterly irreplaceable... worthless chat talking about replacing him.

Lehmann replaced Seaman and Almunia replaced Lehmann. Almunia was the better keeper last year and, as I said before, has gotten a lot of undeserved stick despite being a solid keeper this season. It's true earlier in the season I said I wanted Shay Given but that was a testament to Given not a swipe against Manuel.

8. I agree with you in so far as the players we have now are not the Invincibles, but as they say, Rome wasn't built in a day. Everyone wrote us off last year and we had a really good run at the title, hampered by something nobody could have predicted and a ridiculous injury list (Eduardo, Rosicky, Hleb, Clichy, Van Persie all out for chunks of the run-in).
    Rooq
    Rooq

Number of posts : 588

Post  Rooq Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:33 am

Id agree on that.

Man U : Van Der Sar : One of the best of his generation
    Chelsea : Cech : Was the best in the world for a while, still one of the best though.
    Liverpool : Reina : Possibly the best keeper in the prem?

Arsenal : Almuina : errrr... great advert for Peroxide hair dye.

Ok Alumina is ok, id have him at Ipswich, but he isnt a Top 4 goalkeeper! Arsenal should try and sign Rene Adler in the summer, one of the best keepers going.

Post  Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:34 am

Poor Manuel... he gets so much stick and he's a lovely guy (have met him) and a good hardworking player who I think has done excellently this season.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:48 am

JK wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:
    Garibaldi wrote:No. Not only would half the traffic on this thread vanish, but also I was arguing from a neutral perspective on that last one. Only the Lennon point was spurs-centric.

I disagree. You two can have your own thread, which will allow you to post more than you do on this this, and this thread should become more lively as a result.

Alternatively if the content of the Premier League thread is not to your liking you could stay out of it since your team and any news involving them is unlikely to be discussed in it any time soon and you contribute little other than variations of "Arsenal are shite" most of the time.

At least Big Dave and Rooq contribute constructively.
    That's exactly my point, start the new thread and my Arsenal are a shitty franchise team from Woolwich (a shit part of Charlton) comments can avoid being posted in the premiership thread.

Your posts are either, Arsenal are great or Spurs are shit. It's the same crap being recycled each time, Chamber cup, cheating refs, big 4.... Sleep

I asked people their bets for relegation and no one answered as it got covered by the posts about arsenal and the 606 forum.

Post  Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:57 am

For those of you wondering where that post came from, I deleted it, as I felt another load of mud slinging in a "feud" that was boring a year ago wasn't what anyone wanted to see. Clearly ShowStealer felt differently.

Bets on relegation, don't remember seeing that. Sorry.

Ok... I reckon West Brom, Boro and Blackburn, although I have to say I'd prefer to see the back of Stoke or Hull than West Brom. I don't think Newcastle will go down this year.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:00 pm

JK's posts while infuriating at times are the main thing going in this thread without him it could go a few days without anything being posted in it.

If only he could make all his tiny updates into one long post at the end of the match I would be happy, the cunt.

For relegation picks Stoke, West Brom and hopefully Blackburn if only to see Fat Sam finally realise he isnt the English Mourinho

Post  Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:57 pm

You must be joking. Fat Sam will just blame the previous manager, the referee, Arsene Wenger, Alex Ferguson, the alignment of the stars and planets and the grass being a wrong shade of green before he'll admit that!
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:16 pm

You forgot the media who wont give his Bolton team the credit they deserve which in turn has affected the confidence of his Blackburn team. His Bolton team were amazing Goddammit, kings among men, year after year playing Manchester United and Arsenal of the pitch, out muscling the Chelsea team and generally winning over fans world wide with their dynamic play. Where is their parade I ask you? Why no national Bolton day?

Veterans what the fuck did they ever do for us lately? Big Sam for a knighthood!

Post  Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:32 pm

By all accounts Alan Shearer will take over at Newcastle till the end of the season with Joe Kinnear moving upstairs.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:21 pm

It was always going to happen one day, now he's going to loose his legend status. Smile
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:06 pm

9 games left. If he draws 1 and loses 8, Newcastle fans will still hail him as the second coming.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:23 pm

Hang on, has anyone noticed the date?! Wink
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:30 am

Better wait until 12 and see if its still news.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:42 am

Very Happy

England coach Fabio Capello says Sir Alex Ferguson told him he felt "crazy" after paying £27m for Wayne Rooney from Everton in 2004. (Daily Express)

Capello also requested that the badge on the new England shirt be put higher than usual to avoid rubbing on players' nipples. (Daily Star)

Tottenham will keep the fans close to the pitch at their proposed new 58,000-seater stadium to replicate the atmosphere of White Hart Lane. (The Sun)

Spurs reveal new stadium designs

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger, a trained tattoo artist, says he will tattoo the whole team if they win the Premier League title. (The Sun)

Sir Alan Sugar says he hopes England open up a commanding lead in the first half against Ukraine - so fans watching the game on television will turn over to The Apprentice on BBC1 at half-time. (Daily Mirror)

US President Barack Obama will travel to Eastbourne Borough's Blue Square Premier game against Ebbsfleet on Saturday, in order to watch his cousin Achtog Laprifolo play for Borough. (Eastbourne official website)

Port Vale are to change their name to Burslem Port Vale next season, and have unveiled a new badge suspiciously similar in outline to rivals Stoke's. (Port Vale official website)

Several clubs have revealed new shirts today - such as York's one-off purple shirt to be worn at the FA Trophy final, Lewes's one-off green and black shirt to mark the announcement of the South Downs as a National Park, and Wigan's switch to red and white halves next season to reflect a kit worn in 1932. (Various)

Bury are to raise some much-needed revenue by staging a Monster Truck racing weekend on their Gigg Lane pitch, where the trucks will go head-to-head with the groundsman's tractor. (Bury official website)

Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey is in talks to star in the next series of Strictly Come Dancing, alongside Hungarian sensation Lora Pliof. (Wolves official website)

Barnsley will pioneer a Football League initiative whereby their players and managers will wear microphones wired up to the Oakwell PA system as part of an anti-swearing campaign. (Barnsley official website)

Accrington Stanley have offered former Premier League referee Jeff Winter the role of stadium development manager, after he recently criticised the facilities at their ground. (Accrington official website)

Plymouth have unveiled a new club badge paying homage to their Scottish manager Paul Sturrock and their Japanese investors, as designed by French typographer Una Avrille. (Plymouth official website)

And finally... injuries, suspensions and illness are causing several managers and coaches to come out of retirement for this weekend's games - including Swansea manager Roberto Martinez, Walsall assistant manager Martin O'Connor and Barnsley coach Kelham O'Hanlon. (Various)
    brother of destruction
    brother of destruction

Number of posts : 370

Post  brother of destruction Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:36 am

ShowStealer wrote:Hang on, has anyone noticed the date?! Wink

Unfortunately, it's not a wind up. Really have a bad feeling about this now. Hope I'm wrong, but I think it's going to be one extreme or the other. He did very well as Roeder's number 2 & the team did struggle after he left the post, but it's the total lack of experience as a manager that concerns me. That being said, other managers have started in the deep end & done (even if only initially) well from bad circumstances (Coleman & Southgate spring to mind).

Obviously I hope it works out & lets face it, it can hardly get worse...
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:47 am

brother of destruction wrote: it can hardly get worse...
    Oh but it can! Just ask Big Dave or myself. Sad
    brother of destruction
    brother of destruction

Number of posts : 370

Post  brother of destruction Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:48 am

But that seems to be pretty much the direction we're heading in as it is.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:59 pm