SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+10
Screwjob97
Inno
Mr Torrie Wilson
Dr Hellwig PhD
DougFlair
Shane McMahon
zhukov
IOV
showstealer
Outlaw2x4
14 posters

Wrestlers who deserve/deserved a World Title

Screwjob97
    Screwjob97

Number of posts : 114
    Registration date : 2009-06-08

Wrestlers who deserve/deserved a World Title - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrestlers who deserve/deserved a World Title

Post  Screwjob97 Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:20 pm

I haven't understood why Kane never has had a run with the world title (besides ECW Title, probably midcard shout at best IMO).

And he hasn't defeated Taker on TV, so I say, Kane to end the streak of the Deadman at WrestleMania.
    The Stig
    The Stig

Number of posts : 705
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Wrestlers who deserve/deserved a World Title - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrestlers who deserve/deserved a World Title

Post  The Stig Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:47 pm

Screwjob97 wrote:I haven't understood why Kane never has had a run with the world title (besides ECW Title, probably midcard shout at best IMO).

And he hasn't defeated Taker on TV, so I say, Kane to end the streak of the Deadman at WrestleMania.

And how would Kane benefit from beating Taker at Mania? It's not like Kane needs the rub at this stage of his career. For the benefits it would provide, you may as well just have HHH or Shawn Michaels end it...

If the streak ever is ended (which I don't think it should be), then it should be given to someone who needs the rub, not someone who's probably 5 years away from retirement.
    Screwjob97
    Screwjob97

Post  Screwjob97 Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:40 pm

I was waiting for someone to mention that Kane wouldn't benifit for it, and yeah true that an up-in-coming talent should probably end the streak if it is going to be ended.

Back to my point on Kane, I didn't particularly say at this moment Kane should have a run with the title, I said never had a run meaning, at all in his career in WWE. Why didn't he have a run in his prime?
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:49 pm

Screwjob97 wrote:I was waiting for someone to mention that Kane wouldn't benifit for it, and yeah true that an up-in-coming talent should probably end the streak if it is going to be ended.

Back to my point on Kane, I didn't particularly say at this moment Kane should have a run with the title, I said never had a run meaning, at all in his career in WWE. Why didn't he have a run in his prime?

Are you forgetting that he defeated Austin for the WWF title back in 1998? In fact, do you even know who Stone Cold Steve Austin is, or are you just a Cena fan?
    Screwjob97
    Screwjob97

Post  Screwjob97 Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:05 pm

Yes I am aware that he beat Austin for it but one day, in my book, doesn't count as a run.

Yes I know who Stone Cold Steve Austin is, and no I am not a Cena fan. Are you?
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:09 pm

Screwjob97 wrote:Yes I am aware that he beat Austin for it but one day, in my book, doesn't count as a run.

Yes I know who Stone Cold Steve Austin is, and no I am not a Cena fan. Are you?

No, I'm older than 9.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:35 am

The Stig wrote:
    Screwjob97 wrote:I was waiting for someone to mention that Kane wouldn't benifit for it, and yeah true that an up-in-coming talent should probably end the streak if it is going to be ended.

Are you forgetting that he defeated Austin for the WWF title back in 1998? In fact, do you even know who Stone Cold Steve Austin is, or are you just a Cena fan?
    One day isn't a run...
    Screwjob97
    Screwjob97

Post  Screwjob97 Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:55 pm

Matt Hardy, John Morrison, Orlando Jordan and Kofi Kingston.

The first are certainly debatable, due to there run with the ECW Title in WWE. I guess Jordan's enetertainment skills in WWE may have kept him and the same reason for Kofi Kingston.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:12 pm

I would hardly say Morrison deserved a World title run, he's only at the beginning of his career. He'll be champion some day I'm sure. As for Jordon and Kingston, the thought of either of them as champion makes me shudder.
    Screwjob97
    Screwjob97

Post  Screwjob97 Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:25 pm

Your right about the Morrison thing, it is a little early I suppose. Why don't you think Jordan or Kofi should one day get the strap. Or in Jordan's case should have gotten the strap?
    Mr Torrie Wilson
    Mr Torrie Wilson

Number of posts : 302
    Registration date : 2008-10-03

Post  Mr Torrie Wilson Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:33 pm

Because he was shit is a good starting point.
    Screwjob97
    Screwjob97

Post  Screwjob97 Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:38 pm

I thought he was decent, maybe not good enough for the World Title, but it was worth saying, in my veiw.
    KabukiJoe
    KabukiJoe

Number of posts : 492
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Post  KabukiJoe Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:05 pm

So if you don't think Jordan is good enough for a World Title, why suggest him in a thread where the sole purpose is to suggest wrestlers you deserve(d) a World Title run during their career?
    KabukiJoe
    KabukiJoe

Number of posts : 492
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Post  KabukiJoe Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:06 pm

KabukiJoe wrote:So if you don't think Jordan is good enough for a World Title, why suggest him in a thread where the sole purpose is to suggest wrestlers you feel deserve(d) a World Title run during their career?
    Screwjob97
    Screwjob97

Post  Screwjob97 Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:08 pm

Just a guy who sprung to mind I guess. But now looking at it and thinking, yeah maybe he wasn't as good as I thought.
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Shaun2J Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:46 am

Kofi is decent but his problem is that he hasn't got THAT Main-Event/Champion look. He's quite small and not really on the "big" side.
    I think he'll be a mid/upper-carder for the rest of his career.
    Screwjob97
    Screwjob97

Post  Screwjob97 Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:39 am

Me to.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:08 pm