SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

5 posters

Where were you when CM Punk won the World Title?

Smoke Daddy
    Smoke Daddy

Number of posts : 49
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Where were you when CM Punk won the World Title? Empty Where were you when CM Punk won the World Title?

Post  Smoke Daddy Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:39 pm

Smash was down when this happened so I just wanted to get everyone thoughts on CM Punk as the world champion. Thoughts when you seen it, how the run went, if it was worth it. Discuss!

When it happened I damn near crapped my pants. In no way did I ever think CM Punk was gonna win any title soon let alone the World Title. Although he really won most his matches by chance, DQ, or some other way he really came across as someone who could be seen as a real contender and got over as a fighting champion.

Hopefully the stuff with Randy Orton will play out into a feud that CM Punk can come out looking strong in and possibly make him seem like a legit top contender.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Where were you when CM Punk won the World Title? Empty Re: Where were you when CM Punk won the World Title?

Post  Garibaldi Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:55 pm

Was in my swivelly chair, watching TV and textring BoD shortly after

almost missed it - I was just eating a sandwich and had looked away from the screen for a minute!
    Rooq
    Rooq

Number of posts : 588
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Where were you when CM Punk won the World Title? Empty Re: Where were you when CM Punk won the World Title?

Post  Rooq Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:34 am

I was asleep in bed.

But when I found it I thought, MAYBE!! the WWE has become good again, but they made him look a bit of a joke of a champion (nothing new there, if the WWE didnt create it, they dont care, just want to make it look worthless) against Batista he was made to look a chump.

Punk losing the title was the last straw with the WWE for me, its just pants now.
    Ultimo LJ
    Ultimo LJ

Number of posts : 61
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  Ultimo LJ Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:29 am

I've found Batista to just go from being the blokes bloke wrestler, rock hard and just up for a fight, serious and all, to just being a shit John Cena, walking out, winning for no real reason with no actual creative direction and leaving.

I liked CM Punks run, I think as long as he's feuding with Orton now he could be right up there for years to come, he should never have suddenly been crushing people otherwise that'd had been ignoring his character, an intelligent way to end his reign, proving to the WWE that he's a capable champion, being able to be versatile in matches as well as reliable on the mike.
    Lex
    Lex

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Lex Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:28 pm

Loved it when it happened - must have watched the clip 20 times - but 3 months on, they have killed the guy's momentum and I couldn't care less. At least Jericho is now champ and is awesome!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:23 am