SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+6
RVDSucka
IOV
Shane McMahon
Outlaw2x4
showstealer
badmanjc
10 posters

CM Punk on Raw

Mr Torrie Wilson
    Mr Torrie Wilson

Number of posts : 302
    Registration date : 2008-10-03

CM Punk on Raw Empty CM Punk on Raw

Post  Mr Torrie Wilson Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:08 pm

You know this place is dead when no one is even talking about this yet. I just had a look at this on youtube. Fucking awesome promo. Zero confidence that it will go anywhere but still, holy shit. That was more inside-y than that time Hogan burnt a copy of the Wrestling Observer on WCW TV.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

CM Punk on Raw Empty Re: CM Punk on Raw

Post  IOV Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:32 pm

I checked it out on Youtube as well, extremely entertaining.I even looked up his promo's from the week before so they are highly recommended.

It's really a retread of the summer of Punk storyline from ROH except he's telling everyone from the start that he's leaving with the title. Unfortunately I can only see it ending with Cena saving the WWE and Punk taking some time off. I would love to be wrong though!
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:57 pm

You know this place is dead when the ECW thread is still sticky. When a guest checks out the area and sees that, they give the place a miss. It would take 5 seconds to fix.

Great promo, even better than Paul Heyman's one on Smackdown 10 years ago.

Raw has greatly increased in recently weeks, I don't follow the internet any more so idea why, a new writer? R-Truth's new gimmick is original and interesting. The Mark Henry & Santino fued against Big Show has been as good as any upper mid-card feud they've done, and that includes the attitude era, for the love of god don't end up with a tag match with Kane. CM Punk is the perfect opponent for Cena due to the opposing demographies that cheer them on. CM Punk leaving has shades of the Dudleys leaving ECW. Mark Henry is being booked well, bloody hell!

That Hogan promo on the Wrestling Observer, where he recommended fans to check out the internet for their wrestling news was very strange, as was the whole dark side of hulkmania angle.

I also think it will go no where and agree with Punk that he is currently the best wrestler in the world. I liked how he wore at Stone Cold shirt during the promo, a wrestler Vince had no choice but to push and perhaps before making Vince so much money didn't want to main event his company, there's definitely something behind him wearing it!
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:59 pm

IOV wrote: Unfortunately I can only see it ending with Cena saving the WWE and Punk taking some time off. I would love to be wrong though!
    No way is he leaving the company with the title. I just hope there's no ringing of the bell screw job.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:23 am

showstealer wrote:
    IOV wrote: Unfortunately I can only see it ending with Cena saving the WWE and Punk taking some time off. I would love to be wrong though!
    No way is he leaving the company with the title. I just hope there's no ringing of the bell screw job.

Obviously I don't expect Punk to leave with the title, I meant I would love him staying on past the 17th or 18th whenever his contract expires. As it's borrowing quite heavily from the ROH angle why not have him win the title and stay on to defend it?
    badmanjc

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post  badmanjc Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:52 am

Or could he do an Alundra Blaze incident. Some of the stuff he has been saying recently has been a bit close to the edge and a bit risky even for Punk.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:34 am

The Dudley boy angle I mentioned early had them win it on their last night, cut a promo about how WWE was were the real stars were (image the heat that generated!), issue an open challenge only to lose them.

It's an exciting situation with loads of great possibilities that sadly looks like ending with a Cena victory and a crappy promo.

I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to next week's raw, perhaps rewatching the Bela V Kelly submission match will readdress that!
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:05 am

I just watched it this morning and was floored by it. I think what I liked best about it was the confidence and standard of the man's delivery. CM Punk has literally been the best thing in wrestling for the last 3 years in my books, and his exit will be the last nail in my wrestling coffin. I hope to God someone realises what a huge mistake they are making letting him go. Mind you, I bet Johnny Ace really has it in for him now!
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:11 am

He's the best since Kurt Angle! Very Happy
    Shane McMahon
    Shane McMahon

Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2008-10-12

Post  Shane McMahon Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:39 pm

Outlaw2x4 wrote:I just watched it this morning and was floored by it. I think what I liked best about it was the confidence and standard of the man's delivery. CM Punk has literally been the best thing in wrestling for the last 3 years in my books, and his exit will be the last nail in my wrestling coffin. I hope to God someone realises what a huge mistake they are making letting him go. Mind you, I bet Johnny Ace really has it in for him now!

It was very good, very good. But please don't speak naively as if this isn't a worked shoot.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:21 pm

Because the PPV is Money in the Bank it's possible Punk wins the title and someone immediately cashes in, similar to the Dudley's example SS mentioned and could possibly build someone massively over night or even just re-elevate someone
    RVDSucka
    RVDSucka

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2009-12-28

Post  RVDSucka Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:49 pm

Watched this live and was in awe. Best promo in years, CM Punk killed it. Watched it like 3 times now.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:47 am

IOV wrote:Because the PPV is Money in the Bank it's possible Punk wins the title and someone immediately cashes in, similar to the Dudley's example SS mentioned and could possibly build someone massively over night or even just re-elevate someone
    I think you've nailed it mate. It worked well in ECW because the fans were really in to the company and hated WWF.

I would have Punk cutting another promo, more personal than the one on Raw, perhaps in front of Vince who tried to stop him from winning the match but somehow inadvertently helped him (there you go, I've prevented Cena from looking unsuperhuman, this angle writes itself!)and the MITB winner sneaks up behind Punk and leathers him with the case. Vince makes the 3 count and the crowd go bananas. If punk is going he'll have serious kudos in the independents.
    Mr Torrie Wilson
    Mr Torrie Wilson

Number of posts : 302
    Registration date : 2008-10-03

Post  Mr Torrie Wilson Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:47 am

Shane McMahon wrote:
    Outlaw2x4 wrote:I just watched it this morning and was floored by it. I think what I liked best about it was the confidence and standard of the man's delivery. CM Punk has literally been the best thing in wrestling for the last 3 years in my books, and his exit will be the last nail in my wrestling coffin. I hope to God someone realises what a huge mistake they are making letting him go. Mind you, I bet Johnny Ace really has it in for him now!

It was very good, very good. But please don't speak naively as if this isn't a worked shoot.

It's still real to him damn it.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:31 am

CM Punk is suspended (Kayfabe Outlaw) and Vince is going to issue a statement on Raw.

Good move.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:30 pm

It was building up nicely, especially with the comic book convention thing.

But then he returns with his title the night the tournament to crown a new champion finishes.

wall

Great entrance music though! axeman rock mohican headspin dancing shades
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:39 am

showstealer wrote:It was building up nicely, especially with the comic book convention thing.

But then he returns with his title the night the tournament to crown a new champion finishes.

wall

Great entrance music though! axeman rock mohican headspin dancing shades

It does seem a bit early to be coming back but he probably has only signed a short term contract running to Summerslam, Punk did seem very honest in the build to MITB that he wanted time off
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719

Post  The Ayatollah Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:00 pm

Punks promo work has been phenomenal the last few months, and love how he now uses his old ROH music. Not sure why Big Lazy got involved at SSlam, have a feeling it was John Laurinitis who sent the text..on the sayso of Vince
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Shaun2J Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:19 am

True true, but the whole thing has lost it's fire a bit. Still a good watch though.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:28 pm

The Ayatollah wrote:Not sure why Big Lazy got involved at SSlam, have a feeling it was John Laurinitis who sent the text..on the sayso of Vince

As long as it's not the rumoured nWo revamp...

Seriously, just because it's Nash and his shirt last week looked like his Nitro debut.

Then again, it's about time for WWE to rehash another old idea. Haven't done that since Punk's "exit"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 pm