SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+3
Garibaldi
'Dub
Mtank325
7 posters

Newer Wrestlers

Mtank325
    Mtank325

Number of posts : 275
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Newer Wrestlers Empty Newer Wrestlers

Post  Mtank325 Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:56 pm

Being out of an every-week watching wrestling fan now, I caught last week's Raw when I was somewhat bored during the Monday Night Football game. It felt kind of like very little had changed as most of the superstars a year or ago so were still pretty much on top however I saw some new wrestlers that I was interested in hearing everyone's opinions about. Say by throw a rating out of 10 and a comment or something like that...

Kofi Kingston
    Manu
    Primo
    Cody Rgodes
    Vladimir Kozlov

Feel free to add more if you'd like.

I thought Kofi looked pretty awesome. Also I saw that D'Lo Brown is on the Raw page, is he actually back in any prominent role?
    'Dub
    'Dub
    The Final Cylon

Number of posts : 350
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Newer Wrestlers Empty Re: Newer Wrestlers

Post  'Dub Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:30 pm

Kofi Kingston - He can be good but I find most times he's in the ring he is sloppy. He's a decent enough midcarder I guess. He's very charasmatic though.
    Manu - He's only had a few matches so it's hard to judge. He's fine in an enforcer role for now.
    Primo - Not seen a lot of him as he's tagging with Carlito so they share the work. He seems decent enough.
    Cody Rhodes - Doesn't do anything for me, I find it quite boring at times.
    Vladimir Kozlov - Not the worst big man but far from the best too. The fact that he's one of the top main eventers on SD is quite sad.

D'Lo was back for a while and he was getting a small push. Then he disappeared. He came back yet again but as nothing more than an occasional jobber.
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  PeteRoe Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:56 am

Also add to the list Dolph Ziggler.

I saw him in ECW this week. Seems like he has some decent wrestling skills.

I missed his promo work and wondered what he is like.

Anyone rate the guy? or even better actually seen him? ECW is not that popular a show I understand.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401

Post  Garibaldi Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:25 am

It's just Nic Nemeth, isn't it.

Y'know, from the Spirit Squad

Tells you all you need to know.
    The Stig
    The Stig

Number of posts : 707

Post  The Stig Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:58 pm

Garibaldi wrote:It's just Nic Nemeth, isn't it.

He was also Chavo Guerrero's manager/caddy when Chavo was Kerwin White.
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  PeteRoe Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:08 pm

Garibaldi wrote:It's just Nic Nemeth, isn't it.

I got 2 guys mixed up!

I am on about the dude on ECW.

Fucking hell. I am not having a good evening.

Last edited by PeteRoe on Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    zhukov
    zhukov

Number of posts : 99
    Registration date : 2008-09-26

Post  zhukov Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:10 pm

Kofi Kingston- Why is he over? oh yes that is the one, because he is DIFFERENT. Big fan of his

Manu- A fairly interesting one, I like the idea of him being an Umaga who talks and is erm a normal civilised being, its certainly different

Primo- not seen enough of him

Cody Rhodes- Well at first he looked like yet another second generation star, however I think in his heel role he has come into his own, and (the lisp helps) but he just has a bit of natural charisma and presence that sets him apart from your usual Randy Orton clones that seem to come through (sadly that is what route it looks like Dibiase is going down)

Vladimir Kozlov- well he has a nose and a gut

with Dolph Ziggler that was a VERY good debut, obviously he had no right going over Batista, but the 'Dolph keeps on outsmarting Batista /being a knob' stuff came off very well. If he starts beating jabronis (and isn't just buried after that) then I can see him getting over, because the Hi, I'm Dolph Ziggler schtick will get over- Kennedy is garbage and is as charismatic as Randy Orton was playing that charismatic gimmick of 04 (ie not at all) and is VERY wooden, yet his stupid microphone bollocks worked wonders- and he was MEGA over by the time of the Regal feud this summer
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Shaun2J Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:35 am

Kofi Kingston - Over but somewhat slapped the tag titles on him cause he hasn't got anything to do. He also jobs to heels when they are on a killing spree.

Manu - Hasn't really had ring time but he makes a good enforcer. Really baffled to see a "Samoan" in boots.

Primo - Very over with the hispanic audience. Better on SD then on RAW as planned.

Cody Rhodes - I don't know, he looks like a generic Create-A-Wrestler on the SD games. Has the touch on him but Ted DiBiase is just imo better.

Kozlov - Not really the best in the ring but makes an OK foreign monster heel.

Dolph Ziggler - I thought he was doomed when he was suspened but made a good debut last Monday. Just got a feeling that he'll be buried to death.

Thoughts on Evan Bourne? Really a shame that he got injured, was on a role.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:53 pm