SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+15
IOV
Big Dave
Garibaldi
KabukiJoe
Shaun2J
Sweatsock
The Ayatollah
MarkFromGoldenplec
Rooq
Clarkey
ThatChumpStain
Outlaw2x4
brother of destruction
PeteRoe
fernzy
19 posters

FA Cup Thread

FA Cup Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup Thread

Post  Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:34 pm

Hull City have been given an extension to submit their report on the "Spitgate" incident because of the International break. Apparently there's critical players/witnesses who are away and they need to get their comments. So... what the fuck have they been doing for the past week and a half? Picking out a pretty folder?

Meantime Arsenal's defence has been constructed in full:

Post  Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:10 am

If Everton had a chance against Man Utd before it's now been utterly snuffed out. Alex's favourite referee Mike Riley's been put in charge.
    Rooq
    Rooq

Number of posts : 588
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  Rooq Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:15 am

Forgot it was the FA Cup..

Ho hum

Post  Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:28 am

Wow... the famous Wembley turf is really quite shit. About 10 minutes of play and there are holes everywhere...

It's gonna be a swamp by the end of the game.

Post  Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:48 am

Ugh. I've waited long enough but I've got to mute Setanta. The commentary is so one-sided it's a joke.

EDIT: LAMPARD YOU FILTHY CHEAT!
    EDIT: TERRY YOU FILTHY CHEAT!
    EDIT: OH FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK REFEREE! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE NEUTRAL!

Looks like it'll finish 2-1 to Chelsea. Frankly thats a generous result. Gibbs, Toure and Walcott have pretty much played Chelsea on their own. Everyone else has been utter shite.

Final thoughts: Terrible refereeing, terrible surface, terrible formation choice, terrible performance by all but Gibbs, Toure and Walcott. Don't agree with the amount of slating Fabianski's getting. He's only 24. The right team won.

Roll on next year...
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Number of posts : 360
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Sweatsock Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:50 am

That's two referees you've accused of being cheats now in this thread, when are you going to grow up?

The biggets mistake the ref made today was not sending of Denilson, should be a hefty ban for that idiot IMO, abosultely no justification for putting your hands on the ref although I noticed you left that out of your unbelievably ignorant post above.

Last edited by Sweatsock on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:29 pm

Sweatsock wrote:That's two rederees youdve accused of being cheats now in this thread, when are you going to grow up?

The biggets mistake the ref made today was not sending of Denilson, should be a hefty ban for that idiot IMO, abosultely no justification for putting your hands on the ref although I noticed you left that out of your unbelievably ignorant post above.

Very Happy

Post  Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:16 pm

Sweatsock wrote:That's two referees you've accused of being cheats now in this thread, when are you going to grow up?

What about Lampard's dive and Terry's dive? I see you missed them out of your unbelievably ignorant post. I've got supporter bias and a bad day for my team to excuse mine, what's yours Mr Neutral? Razz

Anyway I didn't accuse the ref of cheating. There was just a string of Chelsea free kicks close together and I got caught up in the moment. I didn't mention the Denilson incident because it followed right after a blatant bit of cheating from Lampard and he was getting all my bile but agreed, shocking conduct even if he had a right to be pissed off.

As for Mike Riley, his Man Utd bias has been well documented down the years and I'm certainly not in small company when I say that.

Last edited by JK on Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:20 pm

Also I stand by my earlier statement. With the amount of money spent (read wasted) on Wembley there is no excuse for having a pitch that shoddy.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991

Post  showstealer Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:49 pm

I remember when I used to blame the ref, it was probably just before I lost my first tooth...

Post  Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:52 pm

Hey the other vulture's here. Looking for something to cheer yourself up are you? Wink

You blamed the ref when we beat you in the Premier League one time, though not surprised you don't remember that. Was a long time ago... so you could well have only just lost your first tooth Wink

Anyway I didn't blame the ref for the loss, that lies solely on our backs. I only said "terrible ref" to keep with the theme, and he did have a short period of howlers Razz
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:31 am

FA Cup Thread - Page 4 2eycoj9
    MarkFromGoldenplec
    MarkFromGoldenplec

Number of posts : 132
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  MarkFromGoldenplec Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:05 am

FA Cup Thread - Page 4 Arsenal-celebration-1

We're finishing fourth!!
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:14 am

MarkFromGoldenplec wrote:We're finishing fourth!!
    Laughing
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:51 am

Everton v Chelsea final then, I hope Everton do it now especially since they beat United.

Horrible penalty by Berbatov but Howard did well to save Ferdinands. Although the game should really have been over by then but Moyes and the media seemed to have psyched Reily out with all the talk of his Man U favouritisim
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:15 am

Spurs must be laughing...30m for Berby...you must be joking, lazy shite
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401

Post  Garibaldi Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:35 am

IOV, you mean the same Riley who repeatedly denied Everton blatant corners and who booked Cahill for turning his defender just because one arm was out as he did it? I only watched the last 1/2 hour because I didn't want to sit through two hours of biased commentary and bad decisions but I got bored.

He's admitted IIRC to being a Man Ud fan, and even if he hadn't got a record for being lenient with them that's still enouh reason he should never ref a match that affects them. Common sense.

And Ayatollah...You know dat, brutha!!! Cool

Cue JK asking why I'm on here because he doesn't understand that fotball fans don't ONLY watch games that afect their own team. I was willing on Everton today and I will be in the final.

Just for him...So that's 4 years trophy free then! Laughing
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:37 am

And no place in the CL final for the Gooners too Very Happy
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:14 pm

Garibaldi wrote:IOV, you mean the same Riley who repeatedly denied Everton blatant corners and who booked Cahill for turning his defender just because one arm was out as he did it? I only watched the last 1/2 hour because I didn't want to sit through two hours of biased commentary and bad decisions but I got bored.

I didnt see any other referees named Reily on the pitch so yes it must be the same one. He completely bottled it with the penalty decision which the commentators and pundits and everyone at home could see was a penalty. I know we have the benefit of action replays but common sense would have told him it was a penalty why would Wellbeck dive after getting to the ball ahead of Jagielaka and Howard and taking it past both of them?

After that decision he did have a period of strange decisions probably from the realisation that he fucked up. There was really only one blatant corner not given and that was the one that came off Vidic I dont know what Reily was thinking about but im sure it wasnt "HA HA because im a United fan I shall deny Everton this corner!"

I actually find your comment on him never officiating a United game again extremely silly, do you think that if and when Sweatsock gets to the SPL he should never be allowed to referee in a game involving Celtic because he grew up supporting them? Maybe he should never be allowed to referee a game involving Rangers as they are usually Celtics major rivals and he could go extra hard on them to help Celtics chances of winning the title.

Every referee has ties to a club they were football fans growing up like everyone else although some horrible chemicle imbalance made them want to be a referee instead of a striker. If the FA thought his supporting of Manchester United was affecting his ability to be impartial do you really think he would still be employed?

Well done to Everton for keeping their nerve and winning in the shoot out but it never should have gotten that far
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:36 pm

Can't believe Man Utd played half their reserve team in the FA cup semi-final. No
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Post  Sweatsock Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:14 pm

IOV wrote:
    Garibaldi wrote:IOV, you mean the same Riley who repeatedly denied Everton blatant corners and who booked Cahill for turning his defender just because one arm was out as he did it? I only watched the last 1/2 hour because I didn't want to sit through two hours of biased commentary and bad decisions but I got bored.

I didnt see any other referees named Reily on the pitch so yes it must be the same one. He completely bottled it with the penalty decision which the commentators and pundits and everyone at home could see was a penalty. I know we have the benefit of action replays but common sense would have told him it was a penalty why would Wellbeck dive after getting to the ball ahead of Jagielaka and Howard and taking it past both of them?

After that decision he did have a period of strange decisions probably from the realisation that he fucked up. There was really only one blatant corner not given and that was the one that came off Vidic I dont know what Reily was thinking about but im sure it wasnt "HA HA because im a United fan I shall deny Everton this corner!"

I actually find your comment on him never officiating a United game again extremely silly, do you think that if and when Sweatsock gets to the SPL he should never be allowed to referee in a game involving Celtic because he grew up supporting them? Maybe he should never be allowed to referee a game involving Rangers as they are usually Celtics major rivals and he could go extra hard on them to help Celtics chances of winning the title.

Every referee has ties to a club they were football fans growing up like everyone else although some horrible chemicle imbalance made them want to be a referee instead of a striker. If the FA thought his supporting of Manchester United was affecting his ability to be impartial do you really think he would still be employed?

Well done to Everton for keeping their nerve and winning in the shoot out but it never should have gotten that far

IOV makes good point shocker!

Reilly turned down what should have been a nailed on Man U penalty today and was 100% right with his cards with the exception of Foster, who should have been carded.

It's really not acceptable for fans to blame ref bias when their team loses(or wins).
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Post  Sweatsock Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:17 pm

JK wrote:
    Sweatsock wrote:That's two referees you've accused of being cheats now in this thread, when are you going to grow up?

What about Lampard's dive and Terry's dive? I see you missed them out of your unbelievably ignorant post. I've got supporter bias and a bad day for my team to excuse mine, what's yours Mr Neutral? Razz

Anyway I didn't accuse the ref of cheating. There was just a string of Chelsea free kicks close together and I got caught up in the moment. I didn't mention the Denilson incident because it followed right after a blatant bit of cheating from Lampard and he was getting all my bile but agreed, shocking conduct even if he had a right to be pissed off.

As for Mike Riley, his Man Utd bias has been well documented down the years and I'm certainly not in small company when I say that.

OH FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK REFEREE! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE NEUTRAL!

Away you and raffle your arse, you are the typical football fan, says a lot and knows fuck all.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401

Post  Garibaldi Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:44 pm

IOV wrote:

With the penalty, the pundit comment I heard was "I didn't think so at first, but now I've seen it again..." implying that without the right angle and repeat views it was less than obvious, so the ref could be understood not being certain. But I will agree that it did look highly suspect.

Fair enough, every referee will have a certain bias, but when they've even admitted to being a fan of a specific club then to give them a high profile game featuring them to ref is a bit of a stretch. I'm sure, end of the day, that much as he'd like to referee Celtic one day, Sweatsock would understand if he was told league policy meant he couldn't because of his support for the club.

And I know Reily was a back-up choice, but he can't have been the only one, surely. If nothing else, there's been so much irrational and incorrect criticism of the FA over the PFA nominations being United-centric that you'd think they'd try to avoid something like this that just invites criticism.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:27 pm

I was under the impression that the PFA voting is done during February and the shortlist is the top 6 with the most votes, which would place it in the middle of Uniteds dominant spell and at the back end of the run without conceding a goal which would explain 5 of the 6 names being from Manchester United. I could be wrong though, the Football writers award are usually the best indicator of the footballer of the year because the voting is done much later.

Reily's allegience really shouldnt come into it, the guy is a professional and it was unfair of the papers to blow this shit into something it wasnt. Moyes very smartly used it to his advantage saying something and nothing at the same time. Its kind of like when some of the Italian teams complained about Colina being sponsored by Opel because they also sponsored AC Milan, even though everyone knew this was the best referee in the world they still doubted him for that split second. Reily not being on Colinas level will probably be doubted for ever!

Anyway I was happy with some of the youngsters today I thought Macheda and Wellbeck were excellent although they were prone to trying to overdo it. Gibson never got into the game though and to often tried to play a long ball onto a guys chest and miss when a simpler pass was on. I thought this would be Tevez big chance to show Fergie hes worth the big transfer but he was dissapointing.
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Post  Sweatsock Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:17 am

Garibaldi wrote:
    IOV wrote:

With the penalty, the pundit comment I heard was "I didn't think so at first, but now I've seen it again..." implying that without the right angle and repeat views it was less than obvious, so the ref could be understood not being certain. But I will agree that it did look highly suspect.

Fair enough, every referee will have a certain bias, but when they've even admitted to being a fan of a specific club then to give them a high profile game featuring them to ref is a bit of a stretch. I'm sure, end of the day, that much as he'd like to referee Celtic one day, Sweatsock would understand if he was told league policy meant he couldn't because of his support for the club.

And I know Reily was a back-up choice, but he can't have been the only one, surely. If nothing else, there's been so much irrational and incorrect criticism of the FA over the PFA nominations being United-centric that you'd think they'd try to avoid something like this that just invites criticism.

Where and when did Riley admit to being a Man U fan? As far as I was aware the FA had a declaration system in place meaning that if you declared support for a club you couldn't officiate in a match which involved them?
    ThatChumpStain
    ThatChumpStain

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post  ThatChumpStain Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:52 am

FA Cup Thread - Page 4 295zsl5
    Laughing
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:17 am

1st round draw.

Gillingham v Southend

Grimsby v Bath City

Gateshead v Brentford

Chesterfield v Bournemouth

Blyth or AFC Telford v Lincoln

Stockport v Tooting & Mitcham or Eastbourne

Burton v Oxford City

Barrow or Chester v Eastleigh

Oldham v Leeds

Lincoln Utd or Cambridge Utd v Ilkeston

York v Crewe

Wycombe v Brighton

Hereford v Sutton

Nuneaton Town v Exeter

Bristol R v Southampton

Carlisle v Morecambe

Forest Green v Mansfield

Oxford Utd v Yeovil

Paulton Rovers v Norwich

Swindon v Woking

Port Vale v Stevenage

Luton v Rochdale

Bromley v Colchester

Accrington v Farnborough or Salisbury

Millwall v Crawley or AFC Wimbledon

Stourbridge v Walsall

Shrewsbury v Staines

Wealdstone v Rotherham

Torquay v Cheltenham

Barnet v Darlington

Notts County v Bradford

Huddersfield v Dagenham & Redbridge

MK Dons v Macclesfield

Rushden & D v Hinckley Utd

Northwich Vic v Charlton

Aldershot v Bury

Wrexham v Gloucester or Lowestoft

Hartlepool v Kettering or Redditch

Tranmere v Leyton Orient

Northampton v Kidderminster or Fleetwood

Fantastic tie for us, I can't wait!! Very Happy
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:22 am

2-0, dull bloody game mind.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:49 pm

Mad wall
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:55 pm

Great, after that farce at Histon last year, we get another bananna skin handed to us.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:30 pm