SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!


    Film's you've seen today

    Share
    avatar
    'Dub
    The Final Cylon

    Number of posts : 350
    Age : 31
    Location : Cardiff, Wales.
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  'Dub on Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:16 pm

    Akira - Not for me. I feel like I was missing something the whole time. I can understand that when it came out it must've been mind blowing. I can understand that it probably influenced many things that I enjoy today. I just couldn't get into it. Maybe I needed to be stoned.
    avatar
    Big Dave

    Number of posts : 1194
    Age : 39
    Location : Hell
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Big Dave on Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:01 pm

    'Dub wrote:Akira - Not for me. I feel like I was missing something the whole time. I can understand that when it came out it must've been mind blowing. I can understand that it probably influenced many things that I enjoy today. I just couldn't get into it. Maybe I needed to be stoned.

    To death? Very Happy
    avatar
    The Phenom

    Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  The Phenom on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:23 pm

    Body of Lies.

    Very good film
    avatar
    'Dub
    The Final Cylon

    Number of posts : 350
    Age : 31
    Location : Cardiff, Wales.
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  'Dub on Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:18 pm

    Big Dave wrote:
    'Dub wrote:Akira - Not for me. I feel like I was missing something the whole time. I can understand that when it came out it must've been mind blowing. I can understand that it probably influenced many things that I enjoy today. I just couldn't get into it. Maybe I needed to be stoned.

    To death? Very Happy

    To enjoy it. Very Happy
    avatar
    Big Dave

    Number of posts : 1194
    Age : 39
    Location : Hell
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Big Dave on Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:45 am

    I never "got" it either.
    avatar
    Bradshaw101

    Number of posts : 163
    Age : 32
    Location : Aberdeen
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Bradshaw101 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:48 am

    Big Dave wrote:I never "got" it either.

    Thirded on Akira.

    Saw How To Lose Friends And Alienate People last night. Wasn't expecting much, but I thought it was pretty good. Plot wasn't up to much, but Simon Pegg really carried the film, and Kirtsten Dunst, Gillian Anderson and John Huston all played their parts well too. Megan Fox... not so much.
    avatar
    KabukiJoe

    Number of posts : 492
    Age : 35
    Location : North Yorkshire
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  KabukiJoe on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:08 am

    Adulthood
    I quite enjoyed this, despite the general "meh" reviews it received when it was released in the cinemas. Although I have quite happily slapped Jay, a very stereotypical chav if ever I saw one.
    avatar
    Big Dave

    Number of posts : 1194
    Age : 39
    Location : Hell
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Big Dave on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:21 am

    The Mummy Returns - good,
    avatar
    KabukiJoe

    Number of posts : 492
    Age : 35
    Location : North Yorkshire
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  KabukiJoe on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:10 am

    Planet Terror
    Was a very weird film. I enjoyed it though, thought it was one of those "so bad it's actually quite good" type films.
    avatar
    Outlaw2x4

    Number of posts : 664
    Location : Eire
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Outlaw2x4 on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:34 pm

    KabukiJoe wrote:Planet Terror
    Was a very weird film. I enjoyed it though, thought it was one of those "so bad it's actually quite good" type films.

    That was the whole point of the movie.
    avatar
    KabukiJoe

    Number of posts : 492
    Age : 35
    Location : North Yorkshire
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  KabukiJoe on Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:31 pm

    The impression that I got from the reviews at the time was that it was completely the opposite.
    avatar
    Outlaw2x4

    Number of posts : 664
    Location : Eire
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Outlaw2x4 on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:45 pm

    KabukiJoe wrote:The impression that I got from the reviews at the time was that it was completely the opposite.

    Its a grindhouse style movie. The idea was that it would be ridiculously over the top and very cheesy, which it nailed to perfection hence the good reviews. It has the exact same feel as one of John Carpenters 80's movies.

    Burn after Reading

    Loved this! It started off very slowly and didn't seem to be going anywhere but in about 30 seconds the movie clicked into second gear and was amazing for the last half hour. Can't remember the last time I laughed so much at a movie.
    avatar
    Shane McMahon

    Number of posts : 352
    Age : 47
    Location : New York
    Registration date : 2008-10-12

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Shane McMahon on Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:13 pm

    Juno

    Okay, Ellen Page has just made my "Actresses That Fucking Annoy Me" list, along with Juliette Lewis and Maria Bello. If you're given a role as a pre-teen or teenager, fucking act like one.
    avatar
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

    Number of posts : 1401
    Age : 44
    Location : First in line for the funny farm
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Garibaldi on Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:46 pm

    It's her feckin huge forehead that annoys me. it's like it's trying to annex the rest of her head and the hair and features are retreating toward safety


    _________________
    Miss You Dad...

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Guest on Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:08 pm

    The Breakfast Club

    My fiancee made it all the way to age 22 without seing this movie. Had to put that right. Still fantastic no matter how many times you see it.
    avatar
    'Dub
    The Final Cylon

    Number of posts : 350
    Age : 31
    Location : Cardiff, Wales.
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  'Dub on Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:26 am

    Gwoemul (The Host) - Very good, though I feel it could've been 20-30 mins shorter without harming the flick.

    The Doors - Good, but focuses too much on Morrison in particular. It also focuses on only one side of Morrison. A good movie but a bad biopic.
    avatar
    Shane McMahon

    Number of posts : 352
    Age : 47
    Location : New York
    Registration date : 2008-10-12

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Shane McMahon on Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:24 am

    ^ Agree with you about The Host's length.

    The Bank Job
    This was okay, I'd watch it again. But seriously, why is Saffron Burrows employed as an actress?
    avatar
    IOV

    Number of posts : 998
    Age : 34
    Location : Ireland
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  IOV on Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:38 am

    The Real JK wrote:The Breakfast Club

    My fiancee made it all the way to age 22 without seing this movie. Had to put that right. Still fantastic no matter how many times you see it.

    You're obviously a bigger woman than your fiancee is
    avatar
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

    Number of posts : 1401
    Age : 44
    Location : First in line for the funny farm
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Garibaldi on Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:48 am

    IOV wrote:
    The Real JK wrote:The Breakfast Club

    My fiancee made it all the way to age 22 without seing this movie. Had to put that right. Still fantastic no matter how many times you see it.

    You're obviously a bigger woman than your fiancee is

    And you're obviously a cinematic philistine


    _________________
    Miss You Dad...
    avatar
    IOV

    Number of posts : 998
    Age : 34
    Location : Ireland
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  IOV on Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:50 pm

    Garibaldi wrote:
    IOV wrote:
    The Real JK wrote:The Breakfast Club

    My fiancee made it all the way to age 22 without seing this movie. Had to put that right. Still fantastic no matter how many times you see it.

    You're obviously a bigger woman than your fiancee is

    And you're obviously a cinematic philistine

    Obviously
    avatar
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

    Number of posts : 1401
    Age : 44
    Location : First in line for the funny farm
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Garibaldi on Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:15 pm

    IOV wrote:
    Garibaldi wrote:
    IOV wrote:
    The Real JK wrote:The Breakfast Club

    My fiancee made it all the way to age 22 without seing this movie. Had to put that right. Still fantastic no matter how many times you see it.

    You're obviously a bigger woman than your fiancee is

    And you're obviously a cinematic philistine

    Obviously

    Glad to see we agree on the important things! Wink


    _________________
    Miss You Dad...
    avatar
    Big Dave

    Number of posts : 1194
    Age : 39
    Location : Hell
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Big Dave on Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:43 pm

    Independance Day - always good for a bit of fun
    avatar
    Big Dave

    Number of posts : 1194
    Age : 39
    Location : Hell
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Big Dave on Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:41 pm

    Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - yet another film that it took me way to long to get round to watching, good.
    avatar
    'Dub
    The Final Cylon

    Number of posts : 350
    Age : 31
    Location : Cardiff, Wales.
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  'Dub on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:16 am

    Nikita - Great, though I prefer Lon.

    Cleaner - Very good, interesting flick.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Guest on Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:05 pm

    Garibaldi wrote:
    IOV wrote:
    Garibaldi wrote:
    IOV wrote:
    The Real JK wrote:The Breakfast Club

    My fiancee made it all the way to age 22 without seing this movie. Had to put that right. Still fantastic no matter how many times you see it.

    You're obviously a bigger woman than your fiancee is

    And you're obviously a cinematic philistine

    Obviously

    Glad to see we agree on the important things! Wink

    As do we! IOV is definately a cinematic philistine!
    avatar
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

    Number of posts : 1401
    Age : 44
    Location : First in line for the funny farm
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Garibaldi on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:14 pm

    The Real JK wrote:
    Garibaldi wrote:
    IOV wrote:
    Garibaldi wrote:
    IOV wrote:
    The Real JK wrote:The Breakfast Club

    My fiancee made it all the way to age 22 without seing this movie. Had to put that right. Still fantastic no matter how many times you see it.

    You're obviously a bigger woman than your fiancee is

    And you're obviously a cinematic philistine

    Obviously

    Glad to see we agree on the important things! Wink

    As do we! IOV is definately a cinematic philistine!

    Oh crap! The gooner agrees with me! affraid


    _________________
    Miss You Dad...

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Guest on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:02 pm

    Garibaldi wrote:
    The Real JK wrote:
    Garibaldi wrote:
    IOV wrote:
    Garibaldi wrote:
    IOV wrote:
    The Real JK wrote:The Breakfast Club

    My fiancee made it all the way to age 22 without seing this movie. Had to put that right. Still fantastic no matter how many times you see it.

    You're obviously a bigger woman than your fiancee is

    And you're obviously a cinematic philistine

    Obviously

    Glad to see we agree on the important things! Wink

    As do we! IOV is definately a cinematic philistine!

    Oh crap! The gooner agrees with me! affraid

    We're also both Trekkies, Dwarfers, Who fans and worship the ground Steven Moffat walks upon.
    avatar
    IOV

    Number of posts : 998
    Age : 34
    Location : Ireland
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  IOV on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:01 am

    And you both have vaginas

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:23 am

    Surprised you know what one of those is.

    Sex and The City: The Movie
    Watched under duress and in return for inflicting a Trek movie the night before. Everything happened exactly as I expected it to. It was rubbish, but I got laid, so all is well.
    avatar
    Rooq

    Number of posts : 585
    Age : 2015
    Location : Earth
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Rooq on Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:08 am

    The Real JK wrote:Surprised you know what one of those is.

    Sex and The City: The Movie
    Watched under duress and in return for inflicting a Trek movie the night before. Everything happened exactly as I expected it to. It was rubbish, but I got laid, so all is well.

    I dunno... watching Sex in the City.... you may of got laid, but I hope about 12 or 13 times for watching that... dear me...

    Sponsored content

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:40 pm