SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!


    Film's you've seen today

    Share
    avatar
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

    Number of posts : 1401
    Age : 44
    Location : First in line for the funny farm
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Garibaldi on Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:00 am

    I wouldn't be surprised to see him or RDJ (for tropic thunder, not Iron Man) nominated, and both are justifiably nom-worthy, but yeah, any win for Ledger will be entirely sympathy based.


    _________________
    Miss You Dad...
    avatar
    disco stu

    Number of posts : 310
    Age : 33
    Location : A cold dark hell of his own making.
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  disco stu on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:52 am

    You cant seriously think that Tropic Thunder will get any nominations can you?
    avatar
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

    Number of posts : 1401
    Age : 44
    Location : First in line for the funny farm
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Garibaldi on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:47 pm

    Just RDJ nominated for best supporting. They always seem to pick a token big name "stretching their repertoire" nomination for one of the big four - never wins, but it's their way of saying "we're not just picking gay cowboys, brooding psychos and strong women overcoming adversity".

    And possibly something for effects for the explosions


    _________________
    Miss You Dad...
    avatar
    disco stu

    Number of posts : 310
    Age : 33
    Location : A cold dark hell of his own making.
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  disco stu on Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:12 am

    I suppose, I have no faith in the Oscars abiility to see good post prodcution after giving Framestore the Oscar for the polarbear fight in the golden compas last year. Neutral

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Guest on Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:59 am

    The Oscar for special effects is a funny thing. I remember being shocked that none of the Matrix films were nominated in their respective years and the special effects in those were pretty grand at the time.

    Then again I remember being shocked at Lost in Translation being nominated for anything. I have yet to record a longer period of constant boredom.
    avatar
    disco stu

    Number of posts : 310
    Age : 33
    Location : A cold dark hell of his own making.
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  disco stu on Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:11 am

    The Real JK wrote:The Oscar for special effects is a funny thing. I remember being shocked that none of the Matrix films were nominated in their respective years and the special effects in those were pretty grand at the time.

    Then again I remember being shocked at Lost in Translation being nominated for anything. I have yet to record a longer period of constant boredom.

    Im pretty sure the matrix did win the Oscar.

    Edit: it did it got best edit and sound as well.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Guest on Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:29 am

    disco stu wrote:
    The Real JK wrote:The Oscar for special effects is a funny thing. I remember being shocked that none of the Matrix films were nominated in their respective years and the special effects in those were pretty grand at the time.

    Then again I remember being shocked at Lost in Translation being nominated for anything. I have yet to record a longer period of constant boredom.

    Im pretty sure the matrix did win the Oscar.

    Edit: it did it got best edit and sound as well.

    Oh ok. Must've just been Revolutions then. The special effects in that were breathtaking.

    I mean the film was a pile of steaming dog crap but the effects. WOAH!
    avatar
    disco stu

    Number of posts : 310
    Age : 33
    Location : A cold dark hell of his own making.
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  disco stu on Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:41 am

    Still not a Patch on return of the king though, That was a sick amount of comping it makes my head hurt even thinking about it.
    avatar
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

    Number of posts : 1401
    Age : 44
    Location : First in line for the funny farm
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Garibaldi on Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:20 am

    disco stu wrote:I suppose, I have no faith in the Oscars abiility to see good post prodcution after giving Framestore the Oscar for the polarbear fight in the golden compas last year. Neutral

    my point exactly. We've seen the effects so often before, they were distinctly average, but they'll want to show they're "in on the joke" and that's the only two ways I can see to nominate it and show that.


    _________________
    Miss You Dad...
    avatar
    disco stu

    Number of posts : 310
    Age : 33
    Location : A cold dark hell of his own making.
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  disco stu on Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:25 am

    Garibaldi wrote:
    disco stu wrote:I suppose, I have no faith in the Oscars abiility to see good post prodcution after giving Framestore the Oscar for the polarbear fight in the golden compas last year. Neutral

    my point exactly. We've seen the effects so often before, they were distinctly average, but they'll want to show they're "in on the joke" and that's the only two ways I can see to nominate it and show that.

    Particularly when compared to Transformers, which should have won that Oscar no to ways.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Guest on Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:08 am

    disco stu wrote:Still not a Patch on return of the king though, That was a sick amount of comping it makes my head hurt even thinking about it.

    I didn't say it should've won Wink
    avatar
    Mr Torrie Wilson

    Number of posts : 301
    Age : 34
    Location : Purgatory
    Registration date : 2008-10-03

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Mr Torrie Wilson on Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:42 pm

    I've read quite a few people saying that Mickey Rourke might be in line for an oscar for The Wrestler.

    Saw Taken today with Liam Neeson. Alright but it's no Bourne like the advertising for it likes to compare it to. The entire premise of a paranoid man whose daughter gets kidnapped by Albanians on her first trip to a foreign country by herself is a little too much of a Daily Mail reader's wet dream for my liking. But the action was decent enough.
    avatar
    Outlaw2x4

    Number of posts : 664
    Location : Eire
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Outlaw2x4 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:56 pm

    Mr Torrie Wilson wrote:I've read quite a few people saying that Mickey Rourke might be in line for an oscar for The Wrestler.

    Saw Taken today with Liam Neeson. Alright but it's no Bourne like the advertising for it likes to compare it to. The entire premise of a paranoid man whose daughter gets kidnapped by Albanians on her first trip to a foreign country by herself is a little too much of a Daily Mail reader's wet dream for my liking. But the action was decent enough.

    The action is good I agree but the acting, dialogue and characters are awful. And Liam Neeson is more invincable than Arnie in it. He only takes one scratch in the whole film!
    avatar
    Tomc2488

    Number of posts : 50
    Age : 29
    Location : England
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Tomc2488 on Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:37 pm

    Outlaw2x4 wrote:
    Mr Torrie Wilson wrote:I've read quite a few people saying that Mickey Rourke might be in line for an oscar for The Wrestler.

    Saw Taken today with Liam Neeson. Alright but it's no Bourne like the advertising for it likes to compare it to. The entire premise of a paranoid man whose daughter gets kidnapped by Albanians on her first trip to a foreign country by herself is a little too much of a Daily Mail reader's wet dream for my liking. But the action was decent enough.

    The action is good I agree but the acting, dialogue and characters are awful. And Liam Neeson is more invincable than Arnie in it. He only takes one scratch in the whole film!

    Would defenitley agree with these assesments of Taken. It was just so bad that it took away from the action being quite good. But anywhere who compared it to the Bourne films wasn't watching the same film.
    avatar
    Big Dave

    Number of posts : 1194
    Age : 39
    Location : Hell
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Big Dave on Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:22 am

    The Incredible Hulk - loses something on the small screen but still good.
    avatar
    Outlaw2x4

    Number of posts : 664
    Location : Eire
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Outlaw2x4 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:29 am

    Death Race

    For me this was so bad it was good. I laughed at all the cliches and cheered in the ridiculous action sequences. Sure its a bad movie but if you turn your brain off and allow yourself to laugh at it, it's pretty enjoyable.
    avatar
    Big Dave

    Number of posts : 1194
    Age : 39
    Location : Hell
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Big Dave on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:36 pm

    Zombie Strippers let me sum it up for you Very Happy (.)(.)
    avatar
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

    Number of posts : 1401
    Age : 44
    Location : First in line for the funny farm
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Garibaldi on Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:29 pm

    Big Dave wrote:Zombie Strippers let me sum it up for you Very Happy (.)(.)

    was this the Jenna Jameson thing? Heard that the best way to watch it was - time to quote Outlaw - to "turn your brain off and allow yourself to laugh at it".

    Or, to paraphrase an obscure little advert, "it does exactly what it says on the tin". Half naked women in zombie make-up. But when one of them is Jenna, who cares?


    _________________
    Miss You Dad...
    avatar
    Big Dave

    Number of posts : 1194
    Age : 39
    Location : Hell
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Big Dave on Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:33 am

    Garibaldi wrote:
    Big Dave wrote:Zombie Strippers let me sum it up for you Very Happy (.)(.)

    was this the Jenna Jameson thing? Heard that the best way to watch it was - time to quote Outlaw - to "turn your brain off and allow yourself to laugh at it".

    Or, to paraphrase an obscure little advert, "it does exactly what it says on the tin". Half naked women in zombie make-up. But when one of them is Jenna, who cares?

    You pretty much hit it on the head there.
    avatar
    IOV

    Number of posts : 998
    Age : 33
    Location : Ireland
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  IOV on Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:33 am

    Why watch a movie with a half naked Jenna Jameson when you can get the full naked one doing unspeakable things to herself and others on the internet?
    avatar
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

    Number of posts : 1401
    Age : 44
    Location : First in line for the funny farm
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Garibaldi on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:47 am

    IOV wrote:Why watch a movie with a half naked Jenna Jameson when you can get the full naked one doing unspeakable things to herself and others on the internet?

    Bigger screen


    _________________
    Miss You Dad...
    avatar
    Big Dave

    Number of posts : 1194
    Age : 39
    Location : Hell
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Big Dave on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:55 pm

    IOV wrote:Why watch a movie with a half naked Jenna Jameson when you can get the full naked one doing unspeakable things to herself and others on the internet?

    I didn't realise how low budget it was going to be, I said the same thing you said after about 10mins, but I stuck it out to the end, the script was littered with terrible anti-bush jokes. In the first 15mins 4 women do full strip shows. I had assumed from the trailer that it was going to be a "better" made film then it was. At times it is very funny, just not always intentionally.
    avatar
    KabukiJoe

    Number of posts : 492
    Age : 35
    Location : North Yorkshire
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  KabukiJoe on Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:27 pm

    Outlaw2x4 wrote:Death Race

    For me this was so bad it was good. I laughed at all the cliches and cheered in the ridiculous action sequences. Sure its a bad movie but if you turn your brain off and allow yourself to laugh at it, it's pretty enjoyable.
    You took the words out of my mouth. Finally went to watch it last night and came away thinking pretty much the same as you. Somehow I doubt I'll be counting the days until it's out on DVD.
    avatar
    Big Dave

    Number of posts : 1194
    Age : 39
    Location : Hell
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Big Dave on Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:36 pm

    Under Seige 2 - Very Happy lol!
    avatar
    IOV

    Number of posts : 998
    Age : 33
    Location : Ireland
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  IOV on Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:27 am

    xXx- Shite
    avatar
    KabukiJoe

    Number of posts : 492
    Age : 35
    Location : North Yorkshire
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  KabukiJoe on Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:48 am

    XXX is alright, it's XXX 2 that should be avoided like the plague.
    avatar
    Shane McMahon

    Number of posts : 352
    Age : 47
    Location : New York
    Registration date : 2008-10-12

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Shane McMahon on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:53 am

    Iron Man
    ***

    Mtank & Linux Escape from Guantanamo Bay
    ***1/2

    Righteous Kill
    **1/2
    avatar
    disco stu

    Number of posts : 310
    Age : 33
    Location : A cold dark hell of his own making.
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  disco stu on Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:06 am

    Iron Man was awsome pretty much all of that was on RDJ shoulders though, Favro did a pretty good job though im looking forward to the sequal, Matt Fraction has been brought on board as an advisor.
    avatar
    potato jack

    Number of posts : 46
    Registration date : 2008-09-25

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  potato jack on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:36 am

    Escape from L.A.

    It was good, but the effects were a bit shit.
    avatar
    Big Dave

    Number of posts : 1194
    Age : 39
    Location : Hell
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Big Dave on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:33 pm

    The Mummy - good, never seen it before.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Film's you've seen today

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:23 pm