SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+31
disco stu
'Dub
Garibaldi
DX-Superkick
Darkarius
Screwjob97
Big Dave
showstealer
KabukiJoe
The Stig
Mr Torrie Wilson
Mtank325
Inno
MK
brother of destruction
IOV
The Ayatollah
The Chosen1
Shaun2J
ThatChumpStain
Bradshaw101
Ultimo LJ
Smoke Daddy
potato jack
KJ
fernzy
Clarkey
Uptown Llama of Doom
Crumbly Hank
meanie
next_big_thing
35 posters

What Game Are You Playing?

Screwjob97
    Screwjob97

Number of posts : 114
    Registration date : 2009-06-08

What Game Are You Playing? - Page 7 Empty Re: What Game Are You Playing?

Post  Screwjob97 Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:55 pm

Yeah, the create a wrestler, roster and match types are very limited. The move sets are poorly done. The entrances are shortened, they only come up the tunnel that TNA have. That's pretty much the majority of the game.

The career mode isn't great and I don't like that fact, That, you can't play as another character.

But, the thing I enjoy about TNA, that I don't really think is in SmackDown! vs. RAW, is that some of the moves in TNA yuou have to time better. I think.

Is Legends Of WretleMania any good?
    Any won into Call Of Duty 4 (despite the fact that it's rather old) ?
    The Stig
    The Stig

Number of posts : 705
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  The Stig Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:30 pm

Screwjob97 wrote:Yeah, the create a wrestler, roster and match types are very limited. The move sets are poorly done. The entrances are shortened, they only come up the tunnel that TNA have. That's pretty much the majority of the game.

The career mode isn't great and I don't like that fact, That, you can't play as another character.

But, the thing I enjoy about TNA, that I don't really think is in SmackDown! vs. RAW, is that some of the moves in TNA yuou have to time better. I think.

Legends of Wrestlemania is an extremely well done game. I had fun playing it, and it's something which has good replay value. It's got an arcade style of playing, which makes a refreshing difference from the Smackdown series, but still keeps the features and extensive movesets. It also has a huge reliance on timing, so from what you've said, you should enjoy it.

The demo gives a good indication of the game, and lets you explore a lot of the game before buying, so I'd at least recommend you try that.
    Screwjob97
    Screwjob97

Post  Screwjob97 Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:38 pm

The Stig wrote:
    Screwjob97 wrote:Yeah, the create a wrestler, roster and match types are very limited. The move sets are poorly done. The entrances are shortened, they only come up the tunnel that TNA have. That's pretty much the majority of the game.

Legends of Wrestlemania is an extremely well done game. I had fun playing it, and it's something which has good replay value. It's got an arcade style of playing, which makes a refreshing difference from the Smackdown series, but still keeps the features and extensive movesets. It also has a huge reliance on timing, so from what you've said, you should enjoy it.

The demo gives a good indication of the game, and lets you explore a lot of the game before buying, so I'd at least recommend you try that.

Arcade style? Don't understand what you mean, Stig?

And by the sounds of things, I probably may enjoy it.
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:49 pm

Screwjob97 wrote:
    The Stig wrote:

Arcade style? Don't understand what you mean, Stig?

And by the sounds of things, I probably may enjoy it.

It's as if you're playing it in an amusement arcade, so you only use a joystick and the 4 buttons (A/B/X/Y or square/triangle/circle/x depending on your console of choice).
    Screwjob97
    Screwjob97

Post  Screwjob97 Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:28 pm

Aww, gotcha!
    KabukiJoe
    KabukiJoe

Number of posts : 492
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Post  KabukiJoe Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:38 pm

Screwjob97 wrote:
    KabukiJoe wrote:
    The Stig wrote:
    Screwjob97 wrote:Oh and also, TNA iMPACT!

Better than any WWE game besides, WarZone. IMO.

Now I just know your opinions are shit.

iMPACT is the worst game I have ever played.
    I'm afraid I have to side with The Stig here, iMPACT is easily one of the worst, if not THE worst game I have ever played in my life. It was that bad I was considering paying someone to take it off my hands.

I'm currently playing Guitar Hero: Metallica, and am thinking about giving Splinter Cell: Double Agent another bash.

Why is iMPACT so bad in your opinions though?
    The control system made little to no sense to me, and that was after I watched the tutorial movies on the game and constantly referenced the manual when trying to play.
    The fact the season mode only let you play as one guy, and even then it was only some guy who was created for the game & not an actual TNA superstar.
    I played it for maybe a half hour to an hour and then I totally lost interest & had no desire to ever play the thing again.
    Screwjob97
    Screwjob97

Post  Screwjob97 Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:59 pm

KabukiJoe wrote:
    Screwjob97 wrote:
    KabukiJoe wrote:
    The Stig wrote:
    Screwjob97 wrote:Oh and also, TNA iMPACT!

Better than any WWE game besides, WarZone. IMO.

Now I just know your opinions are shit.

iMPACT is the worst game I have ever played.
    I'm afraid I have to side with The Stig here, iMPACT is easily one of the worst, if not THE worst game I have ever played in my life. It was that bad I was considering paying someone to take it off my hands.

I'm currently playing Guitar Hero: Metallica, and am thinking about giving Splinter Cell: Double Agent another bash.

Why is iMPACT so bad in your opinions though?
    The control system made little to no sense to me, and that was after I watched the tutorial movies on the game and constantly referenced the manual when trying to play.
    The fact the season mode only let you play as one guy, and even then it was only some guy who was created for the game & not an actual TNA superstar.
    I played it for maybe a half hour to an hour and then I totally lost interest & had no desire to ever play the thing again.

iMPACT! Was based on Suicide right? And TNA still put Suicide over as a videogame character. It's diffrent but to me pretty shit.
    Mtank325
    Mtank325

Number of posts : 275
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post  Mtank325 Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:56 pm

Culdscept Saga for the 360. A lot longer than I thought it was going to be but I don't mind as it's pretty decent.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  The Ayatollah Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:08 am

Impact was shite...bought it and got rid of it within a few days

Legends of Mania is fun...not as good as SD vs Raw, but fun to play for nostalgia...and the fact you get to see old clips of old feuds is cool

COD4 was excellent, but IMO COD: World at War is the better one, the next COD game will be a cracker I think

Currently playing either Resident Evil 5 or UFC 09...really getting into both games....just got my ass handed to me by Frank Mir in my UFC career Evil or Very Mad . Res 5 I am really into...I'm at a boss called U-8, I think hes called that anyway...some fucking huge spidery thing!
    Darkarius
    Darkarius

Number of posts : 40
    Location : Housewares section of S-MART. Shop smart, shop S-MART!!!
    Registration date : 2009-01-07

Post  Darkarius Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:35 pm

Going between a few things at the moment. Going throught the career on fight night round 3. (won around 24 fights, lost 2 bouts due to just going in there and blowing myself out in the first couple of rounds DOH!!!) Messing online with Ghostbusters, and COD 4. and having the odd versus bouts with resident evil 5.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:14 am

Cheers for that co-op game of RE5 the other day mate, was quite fun!
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:55 am

I've won all the tournaments in Brian Lara 2005 and I'm now getting my custom player's stats up in order to win all of his cups. Last night I won the first Test against Australia by 305 runs. ninja Also trying to win all the leagues in PES 2008 (only 2 left!) As you can tell by the years of these games I don't get that much free time anymore!

Sadly I have also got back in to The Sims 2...
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:42 pm

Transfomers 2.
    Mr Torrie Wilson
    Mr Torrie Wilson

Number of posts : 302
    Registration date : 2008-10-03

Post  Mr Torrie Wilson Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:22 am

The Secret of Monkey Island. No, not the Special Edition. The original via Scummvm. Nostalgia heaven. Easily one of the best and funniest games ever.
    Screwjob97
    Screwjob97

Post  Screwjob97 Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:58 am

Is Fallout 3 any good?
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:01 am

Screwjob97 wrote:Is Fallout 3 any good?

One of my mates raves about Fallout 3...will check it out myself come payday Very Happy
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:50 am

I, personally, am not a fan of it, but that's possibly because I haven't given it enough time. Friends have told me that it's good once you get into it...
    Screwjob97
    Screwjob97

Post  Screwjob97 Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:30 am

The Ayatollah wrote:

One of my mates raves about Fallout 3...will check it out myself come payday Very Happy

The Stig wrote:

I, personally, am not a fan of it, but that's possibly because I haven't given it enough time. Friends have told me that it's good once you get into it...

Lol, Ayatollah.

Friends hav told me the same thing and it does seem pretty good. chin ponder hmm
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:45 am

The Stig wrote:

Stop lying.

whistle
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:37 am

ShowStealer wrote:
    The Stig wrote:

Stop lying.

whistle

cool v Very Happy
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:42 am

Its one of the best games I've ever played but thats just me.
    Mtank325
    Mtank325

Post  Mtank325 Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:18 pm

It is, but if you enjoy the genre. It's classified as a first-person shooter (but with third-person view) with RPG elements (stats and perks that act as your abilities), but a much slower paced game that features strategy moreso than run-and-gun action like Halo or Call of Duty, particularly with the VATs system which allows for targeting cinematics. The world is incredibly expansive and I find it much more fluid and interesting than Bethesda's robust, yet lifeless previous game Oblivion. Content is always readily available. It is quite buggy since there's so many different variables with the sandbox design, but that's been Bethesda's calling card for years now. I personally love the game, and maxed the achievements (before the DLC arrived). If you do enjoy it, you'll easily drop 100+ hours into it.

Also, you could always wait at this point as I'm not doubting a "Game of the Year" edition or something similar where they stuff the five expansion packs for it into one package much like Oblivion did with it's DLC content however that might not be released this year.

Or you could even wait for Fallout's next game, "New Vegas" slotted for next year and most likely more action-packed or Borderlands, the 4-player co-op game much in the spirit of Fallout.
    Mtank325
    Mtank325

Post  Mtank325 Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:46 pm

Beat Mirror's Edge tonight. Fun game, a bit frustrating at points and happy that a sequel has been announced despite poor sales. Planning on running through on hard again but I didn't use a weapon last time, but I have a feeling I'm going to need one this time.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:56 pm

House of the dead overkill on wii, good fun.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:56 pm

UFC 09, currently 5th in the Heavyweight div, suffered bad losses to Lesnar and Mir, need to work on my ground game! Awesome game, great fun
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:43 am

Wolfenstein on 360 - its ok, I think it will be a grower!
    Inno
    Inno
    Old School Evil Genius

Number of posts : 135

Post  Inno Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:50 am

Currently playing and enjoying the Tales of Monkey Island series from Telltale Games. Long Live Guybrush!
    potato jack
    potato jack

Number of posts : 46
    Registration date : 2008-09-25

Post  potato jack Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:17 pm

Call of Duty 4

It's good.
    Screwjob97
    Screwjob97

Post  Screwjob97 Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:13 pm

potato jack wrote:Call of Duty 4

It's good.

In my opinion it's not good.

It is fucking fantastic!
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:50 pm

Its damn good, but I prefer COD: World At War...which I'm about to play Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:28 am