SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

What Game Are You Playing?

Kun

Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Re: What Game Are You Playing?

Post  Kun on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:01 am

I'm using the PS3, which seemingly isn't as effective. I've currently got my main character as the main attacker, with Alistair defending and Wynne and Morrigan healing and attacking from afar respectively. In hindsight the whole Aedan attacking/Alistair defending thing IS pretty shite, but I had always thought a tank was simply someone who went all out rather than someone defensive with a high attack.

As I said I had relatively few problems with the game, but I always had that feeling I still wasn't really using the battle system to it's full extent, if that makes any sense? I just seem to constantly fail when there's waves of darkspawn, I get overwhelmed and pretty much die straight away. I think at one point I got down to one or two orcs, then died but I've only managed to get about 1 or 2 hits in on the archdemon when it calls the first wave of darkspawn. I don't even know if it comes back from the platform into reach or stays there confused.

I'm seriously thinking about just going for the easy difficulty. I hate doing it (feels dirty Evil or Very Mad) but I plan on starting a new game soon anyway. Things like blood mages, reavers etc I didn't really think about until the end there when it was too late.

You obviously fucking own at this game though Shocked.
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:34 am

Adey wrote:I'm using the PS3, which seemingly isn't as effective. I've currently got my main character as the main attacker, with Alistair defending and Wynne and Morrigan healing and attacking from afar respectively. In hindsight the whole Aedan attacking/Alistair defending thing IS pretty shite, but I had always thought a tank was simply someone who went all out rather than someone defensive with a high attack.

As I said I had relatively few problems with the game, but I always had that feeling I still wasn't really using the battle system to it's full extent, if that makes any sense? I just seem to constantly fail when there's waves of darkspawn, I get overwhelmed and pretty much die straight away. I think at one point I got down to one or two orcs, then died but I've only managed to get about 1 or 2 hits in on the archdemon when it calls the first wave of darkspawn. I don't even know if it comes back from the platform into reach or stays there confused.

I'm seriously thinking about just going for the easy difficulty. I hate doing it (feels dirty Evil or Very Mad) but I plan on starting a new game soon anyway. Things like blood mages, reavers etc I didn't really think about until the end there when it was too late.

You obviously fucking own at this game though Shocked.

A tanks job is absorb damage not deal it. If you are relying on your tank to do the most damage then you aren't using him right. This is what I would do in your shoes. Set yourself up as the tank with the best armor you have, preferably with something that gives you high resistence to fire, cold etc. Then turn on Shield Wall (which should be maxed out at this stage), Bravery and also keep spaming taunt to keep all the agrro on your tank. This will kepp a majority of the enemies away from your mages.

After that its good to have a ranged fighter or a third mage, two warriors is a waste of a spot. I prefer another nuke mage but some prefer Liliania or Zevran as Archers. Set Archers to pick off the enemies with the lowest health in the tactics screen. This is amazingly helpful cause your tank should always be aiming for the hightest health.

Set the healer to heal, and place all defensive buffs on your tank. Lifeward and defensive aura are great to cast on the tank, it makes the tank fuckin unstoppable.

Now your nuke mage is where you do 90% of the damage. I love using Blood mages cause of the blood wound spell, but other wise heres a combo that will kick the shite out of everyone. When your tank is surrounded by all enemies, which he always hould be (taunt), then cast Blizzard, then immediatly cast Tempest right on top of it. This is called storm of the century and its fuckin lethal. Just be careful cause your tank is in the middle of it taking damage too. Having him cold/electrical resistent really helps, other wise just kepp giving him health poultices, and have Wynn heal him.

These tactics made the whole game pretty easy for me. Give it a shot.

Kun

Post  Kun on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:53 am

Cheers for the advice, unfortunately it's a bit late for me to be changing chars now. Turns out I've been using Alistair as a tank without knowing Razz.

Got past the first wave of darkspawn there, but wasn't really doing enough damage to the archdemon. Sold all my weapons to Sandal in the main floor thinking I wouldn't be needing anymore wall. Plan on finding some decent bows/crossbows and trying to accumulate more lyrium potions/health poultices.

This is what I mean about not really using all of the battle system. All the stuff about casting defensive buffs I've never even remotely thought about, I've just sorta went through the game by switching characters and constantly healing, and spamming cone of ice/stonefist or tempest. Know about the tempest/blizzard combo though.

Problem with Alistair is his strength is too low to wear really good armour, while he has my highest constitution.

Man I suck at this game Laughing.

EDIT: starting back from an earlier save, bottom of Fort Draken. Going to have a wander round everywhere, try to gain some exp. and sort out my weapons/armour. Definetly wont be selling them this time.
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Adey wrote:Cheers for the advice, unfortunately it's a bit late for me to be changing chars now. Turns out I've been using Alistair as a tank without knowing Razz.

Got past the first wave of darkspawn there, but wasn't really doing enough damage to the archdemon. Sold all my weapons to Sandal in the main floor thinking I wouldn't be needing anymore wall. Plan on finding some decent bows/crossbows and trying to accumulate more lyrium potions/health poultices.

This is what I mean about not really using all of the battle system. All the stuff about casting defensive buffs I've never even remotely thought about, I've just sorta went through the game by switching characters and constantly healing, and spamming cone of ice/stonefist or tempest. Know about the tempest/blizzard combo though.

Problem with Alistair is his strength is too low to wear really good armour, while he has my highest constitution.

Man I suck at this game Laughing.

EDIT: starting back from an earlier save, bottom of Fort Draken. Going to have a wander round everywhere, try to gain some exp. and sort out my weapons/armour. Definetly wont be selling them this time.

My first playthrogh was similar. Barely used any mages and I just had a group made up of warriors, made the game pretty tough. When I played through a second time as a mage I decided to try and use the tank/nuke/healer system that is used in World of Warcraft instances. After that the game was easy.

Next time try this, put everything into your tanks strength, not constitution. Constitution doesnt increase health as much as you think, plus your tank wont need lots of health if he barely takes any damage! Giving him more strength allows the best armour, like the dragon scale armour which gives excellent fire resistence, and there is a necklace somewhere that gives 20% resistence to everything.

Dont try the final battle til you hit at least level 20. In my final battle, my mage would hit Blood Wound while Morrigan would hit SOTC, and then the other way around, while Wynn buffed and healed Alistair repeatedly. It was a massacre.

Kun

Post  Kun on Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:03 pm

Christ, I'm level 18 at the most.

Just tried again and I have to reiterate: It's very hard to stick to any game plan when the whole 'let the army deal with it, fight the archdemon' thing just doesn't happen for me Evil or Very Mad. I continuously end up with like 8 darkspawn on each of my characters, while the mages/dwarves sort of stand like 'Durrr' not really doing any damage at all. Out of my like 20+ attempts only once has my army effectively fought the darkspawn.

Makes me want to start again, but that would be twice. On my first playthrough I fucked up by building my main character (who was a warrior) up as a rogue. Ended up fighting that Beyra guy waaaaay too early (like level 8 ) and pretty much couldn't get by it.
    potato jack

Number of posts : 46
    Registration date : 2008-09-25

Post  potato jack on Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:23 pm

Dead Space

It's some scary shit
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave on Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Adey wrote:Christ, I'm level 18 at the most.

Just tried again and I have to reiterate: It's very hard to stick to any game plan when the whole 'let the army deal with it, fight the archdemon' thing just doesn't happen for me Evil or Very Mad. I continuously end up with like 8 darkspawn on each of my characters, while the mages/dwarves sort of stand like 'Durrr' not really doing any damage at all. Out of my like 20+ attempts only once has my army effectively fought the darkspawn.

Makes me want to start again, but that would be twice. On my first playthrough I fucked up by building my main character (who was a warrior) up as a rogue. Ended up fighting that Beyra guy waaaaay too early (like level 8 ) and pretty much couldn't get by it.

Play that bit on easy...
    brother of destruction

Number of posts : 370
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  brother of destruction on Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:06 am

Kinda stuck between games at the moment.

Was on GTA 4, aiming for 100%, but I'm missing 1 feckin pigeon! I'm off that for a while. Got Lost & the Damned & TBOGT sat there, but don't want to start them without finishing GTA (maybe not to 100% anymore).

Doing a few challenges on Batman. Finished the game, unlocked everything & got all the Riddler's challenges. on 88%. Struggling with a few of the challenges, especially the combat ones. Still good fun to muck about on.

Started a new game on FIFA, took Swindon & trying to build them up.

Also mucking about on a demo of Call of Duty. I've resisted the urge, mainly because I can't be bothered playing online multiplayers against people I don't know. Either a single player or if I am playing multiplayer, it's gotta be against mates.

Oh & UFC 2010 as well.

The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401

Post  Garibaldi on Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:19 am

Know what you mean with the multiplayer. It's what's kept me on MW2 single player.

That said, I'm oin Red Dead Redempton at the moment - the details on that is fantastic!

Number of posts : 275
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post  Mtank325 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:07 pm

Playing...

- Starcraft II, which is awesome
    - Super Street Fighter IV
    - Splinter Cell: Doubt Agent
    - Final Fantasy XIII

Plan on getting into Assassin's Creed II and finish before Halo Reach's release on 9/14. Bam.
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:57 am

Just got Mafia 2 on steam. Its just GTA in the 40's but I dont necessarily think thats a bad thing. Only played about two hours so far.
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave on Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:42 am

Hawx 2 - good but not keen on having to land the bloody thing.
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi on Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:48 am

Outlaw2x4 wrote:Just got Mafia 2 on steam. Its just GTA in the 40's but I dont necessarily think thats a bad thing. Only played about two hours so far.

Holdong off due to money at the mo, even though I have an unused PC demo. How's it looking after some gametime? Loved the original...

Post  Outlaw2x4 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:52 am

Garibaldi wrote:
    Outlaw2x4 wrote:Just got Mafia 2 on steam. Its just GTA in the 40's but I dont necessarily think thats a bad thing. Only played about two hours so far.

Holdong off due to money at the mo, even though I have an unused PC demo. How's it looking after some gametime? Loved the original...

Its fun but nothing special really. Very easy missions so far and Im nearly finshed it. The mouse has made aiming stupidly easy, I'm getting headshots left and right. Its good fun though, worth a playthrough.
    Rooq

Number of posts : 585
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  Rooq on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:20 am

At the moment I am playing Forza Motorsport 3! which is very good indeed! got it for 20 quid! BARGIN!!

Waiting now for F1 2010 to come out!!! Coolio!!
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:32 pm

I finally got xbox live to work with my shitty orange dongle so I'm doing some of the DLC for Dragon Age Origins, due to my shitty reception I can only game online in the middle of the night or very early but I can get DLC which is fine.
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:02 am

Having played loads of DLC for DA:O and Mass Effect 2, I've now moved onto Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:19 am

Finished both side of MUA:2 and also finsihed the new medal of honor, its good but sadly short.
    potato jack

Post  potato jack on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:22 pm

Sonic 4

It's pretty good, although the special stages are quite hard.
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave on Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:47 am

Call of Duty: Black OPs, its ok but not as good as MOH.
    Inno
    Old School Evil Genius

Number of posts : 135

Post  Inno on Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:37 pm

Playing Minecraft lots and lots and lots and lots. Love it!
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:44 pm

Goldeneye on the wii, its pretty good.
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi on Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:38 pm

Beaten Arkham and Mafia 2 (working through the Jimmy add-ons now, loved the nod to the original inc. the level of accuracy they got in the main game, but it was a litle short), Now onto Black Ops

Number of posts : 74

Post  Clarkey on Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:24 am

Just worked my way through 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors on DS, which I finally got in my hands off of Play-Asia last week. If you're even slightly tempted by the words text adventure, puzzles and multiple endings based on choices made, then buy (apparently there is a flash demo on the web somewhere). Lots of reviews mentioned losing sleep over it, and I have to confess I was completely hooked even more so than with the Layton series. Quite short and easy mind. But if you have a DS, get ordering...no idea when or if it is being released over here.
    Smoke Daddy

Number of posts : 49
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Smoke Daddy on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:56 pm

Always playing Super Street Fighter. Getting those player points up because I want my Ryu to be B rank. The more skilled players you play the better you get.

Also playing Limbo now which is fun. Really interesting game but thankfully Im stuck now.

After Christmas I should be rocking out some Castlevania on the PS3 plus getting my groove on once again with DJ Hero 2. Gonna rock out with some Dracula and Deadmouse.
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:01 pm

Dragonage 2
    potato jack

Post  potato jack on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:46 am

The Mortal Kombat 9 demo.

It's pretty good. I've only seen Scorpion's fatality so far, which was good.
    Rooq

Number of posts : 585
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  Rooq on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:52 am

potato jack wrote:The Mortal Kombat 9 demo.

It's pretty good. I've only seen Scorpion's fatality so far, which was good.

Looking forward to that game!!

Am playing MK vs DC at the moment waiting for the new one!!! awww why cant Xbox users have the demo too!! Grrr..
    Xander

Number of posts : 176
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  Xander on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:13 am

picked up Madden 12 and was really looking forward to this one with all the things added to franchise mode. gameplay itself is good but all the stuff they added just doesnt work scouting and drafting suck. comp signing a bunch of players for me to have to turn around and cut later is dumb. trading up is nearly impossible.
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:30 am

Anybody get Gears of War 3?

I'm about half way through and thoroughly enjoying it, though its a bit annoying that they have decided to add a load of female characters to the team. I preferred the original team, and wish they kept it as such.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:40 am