SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+8
PeteRoe
IOV
KabukiJoe
The Stig
Sweatsock
'Dub
ThatChumpStain
Dr Hellwig PhD
12 posters

WWE Future Endeavours Thread

Dr Hellwig PhD
    Dr Hellwig PhD

Number of posts : 217
    Location : Perpetually moving through shitholes. Or Polmont and Croy as they are otherwise known
    Registration date : 2008-10-28

WWE Future Endeavours Thread Empty WWE Future Endeavours Thread

Post  Dr Hellwig PhD Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:10 am

WWE.com wrote:World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of SmackDown Superstar Scotty Goldman (Scott Colton) as of February 20, 2009. WWE wishes Scott the best in all future endeavors.

Good to see they gave him a chance isn't it? Apparently it's all down to that old favourite: Creative had nothing for him.
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

WWE Future Endeavours Thread Empty Re: WWE Future Endeavours Thread

Post  PeteRoe Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:14 pm

Did not get the hype surrounding Colt Cabana by the internet community.

Obviously charismatic but overhyped slightly. That is not his fault however.

Shame to see him not really get a chance
    ThatChumpStain
    ThatChumpStain

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post  ThatChumpStain Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:19 pm

The Stig
    The Stig

Number of posts : 705
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  The Stig Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:06 pm

PeteRoe wrote:Did not get the hype surrounding Colt Cabana by the internet community.

Cunt.

Cabana is fucking amazing. He adapts himself to any match style better than anyone I have ever seen. I've seen him do comedy, technical masterpieces and some violent brawls with Homicide. He is simply one of the best wrestlers alive today, and possibly ever.
    'Dub
    'Dub
    The Final Cylon

Number of posts : 350

Post  'Dub Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:15 pm

PeteRoe wrote:Did not get the hype surrounding Colt Cabana by the internet community.

I hope this isn't based on the short squashes he had in WWE. He was great in OVW, and even better in the indies.
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Number of posts : 360

Post  Sweatsock Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:24 pm

The Stig wrote:

Cunt.

Cabana is fucking amazing. He adapts himself to any match style better than anyone I have ever seen. I've seen him do comedy, technical masterpieces and some violent brawls with Homicide. He is simply one of the best wrestlers alive today, and possibly ever.

Colt Cabana, as good as he is, will never, and I mean never, be a WWE main event or upper midcard level wrestler. Also, Kevin Dunne apparently doesn't think he has the 'look' so he had close to zero chance of any type of push.
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:42 pm

Sweatsock wrote:
    The Stig wrote:

Cunt.

Colt Cabana, as good as he is, will never, and I mean never, be a WWE main event or upper midcard level wrestler. Also, Kevin Dunne apparently doesn't think he has the 'look' so he had close to zero chance of any type of push.

So that means I can't regard him as someone who is extremely talented? Many people would consider Bryan Danielson - aka American Dragon - to be the best in the world, but he would never main event Wrestlemania.
    KabukiJoe
    KabukiJoe

Number of posts : 492
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Post  KabukiJoe Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:15 pm

I think what Sweatsock was trying to point out is that the powers that be at WWE don't really care for talent, they care more about the look of a wrestler & how much money a guy can generate, and talent doesn't always equate money in their eyes. So Cabana may be one of the greatest wrestlers today, but WWE may not see him as a great all round entertainer. Their loss.
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 pm

KabukiJoe wrote:I think what Sweatsock was trying to point out is that the powers that be at WWE don't really care for talent, they care more about the look of a wrestler & how much money a guy can generate, and talent doesn't always equate money in their eyes. So Cabana may be one of the greatest wrestlers today, but WWE may not see him as a great all round entertainer. Their loss.

But I didn't even mention anything along those lines. I was replying to Pete's comment about Cabana being overrated, and him not understanding the hype. I never once said 'Colt Cabana should be main eventing Wrestlemania, and every Raw, Smackdown, ECW and PPV for the next 10 years'...
    KabukiJoe
    KabukiJoe

Number of posts : 492
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Post  KabukiJoe Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Ah right, thought you were referring specifically to Sweatsock since you quoted his post. My bad.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:31 pm

I agree with Stig on this one, Cabana can have a good match with anyone if given the chance. The man is a real student of the game and went around the world perfecting his craft learning any and every style of wrestling he could. The fact he was so good at the comedy aspects probably hurt him if anything as thats what he was so well known for.

Im surprised Regal or Finlay didnt push for a few matchs with him as Colt could work the classic British style better than most British wrestlers ever could.

Maybe its about time a few of the creative team got their future endeavours press release when they couldnt find something for a hugely charismatic and multi-talented wrestler to do, even when he has such a storied history with an established star like Punk.
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Post  PeteRoe Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:59 pm

The Stig wrote:

Cunt.

Did I say he wasa terrible wrestler? Did I knock him? No I didnt. Read it again.

I said he was overhyped by the net and he is.

He is good but he is not as good as everyone has him down as.

And no...I never actually saw him much in WWE in his squash matches. I seen him elsewhere in ROH etc.

Just my opinion of course. I was hoping to see him get a good push on Smackdown but it was not to be. ANyone see him going to TNA then? It seems the norm when a wrestler leaves WWE.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719

Post  The Ayatollah Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:02 am

Cant say I'm shocked the let Colt go, bloody shame as he is damn good. Just goes to show Kevin Dunn is a fucking idiot who knows fuck all about wrestling. Cornette cant stand Dunn, and from what ive heard for a good reason
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:39 am

The Stig wrote:He is simply one of the best wrestlers alive today, and possibly ever.
    Laughing lol! headspin
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Number of posts : 360

Post  Sweatsock Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:14 am

ShowStealer wrote:
    The Stig wrote:He is simply one of the best wrestlers alive today, and possibly ever.
    Laughing lol! headspin

Possibly a touch exaggerated but there's no question that Cabana has incredible ability. However, he'll never get the chance to show that on the major international stage.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:17 am

Sweatsock wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:
    Laughing lol! headspin

Possibly a touch exaggerated but there's no question that Cabana has incredible ability. However, he'll never get the chance to show that on the major international stage.
    That last sentence is why The Stig's comment is so funny. If you are really good then you'll be preforming on the major stage. I do realise there are some wrestlers who are pretty poor at WWE but it's hard to argue my point. As for comedy, it never harmed Kurt Angle.
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Post  PeteRoe Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:02 am

The Ayatollah wrote:Cant say I'm shocked the let Colt go, bloody shame as he is damn good. Just goes to show Kevin Dunn is a fucking idiot who knows fuck all about wrestling. Cornette cant stand Dunn, and from what ive heard for a good reason

If you look at the Tough Enough DVD in the first couple of episodes, he is there going on about how one of the contestants hasa good story and a look.

Granted, they were at the picking stage then, I am willing to bet that is as far as his knowledge of anything goes.
    Dr Hellwig PhD
    Dr Hellwig PhD

Number of posts : 217
    Location : Perpetually moving through shitholes. Or Polmont and Croy as they are otherwise known
    Registration date : 2008-10-28

Post  Dr Hellwig PhD Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:22 am

PW Insider.com wrote:Freddie Prinze Jr. has left the WWE creative team. Prinze hadn't been around much for the last few months, and this was something that everyone in the company saw coming. Some haven't seen Prinze at a TV taping in nearly two months. Prinze joined WWE in July of 2008, after spending years as a regular at WWE events. He worked for the Smackdown brand and was said to be very well liked by the wrestlers, due to him being such a big fan.

"What do you mean Sarah Michelle Geller won't pose for Playboy as part of our Wrestlemania hype?!! YOU'RE FIRED!!!!!"

Or something like that...

Stupid idea in the first place. Achieved the square route of sod all.
    Bradshaw101
    Bradshaw101

Number of posts : 163

Post  Bradshaw101 Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:23 pm

ShowStealer wrote:If you are really good then you'll be preforming on the major stage.

Bryan Danielson disagrees.
    chr1s
    chr1s

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2009-01-01

Post  chr1s Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:57 pm

I'm the boogeyman and I'm coming to the unemployment office,

The Boogeyman was released today! pale
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998

Post  IOV Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:11 pm

Bradshaw101 wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:If you are really good then you'll be preforming on the major stage.

Bryan Danielson disagrees.

Boogeyman also disagrees

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:19 am