SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+10
IOV
Sweatsock
The Ayatollah
Bradshaw101
Dr Hellwig PhD
meanie
brother of destruction
Inno
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Garibaldi
14 posters

Official Scottish leagues thread

The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Official Scottish leagues thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Official Scottish leagues thread

Post  The Ayatollah Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:52 am

Get it right up you Lazslo!! Laughing Laughing
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Number of posts : 360
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Official Scottish leagues thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Official Scottish leagues thread

Post  Sweatsock Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:06 am

Pollok and Irvine Meadow played a quarter final of the Junior Scottish Cup today in front of a reported 1200+ crowd.

Pollok won 2-0 which is dissapoining as I was hoping it would go to a replay next week and I'd be able to go. Two of the guys I train with were involved, one in the middle and one on the line so hopefully it went smoothly for them.
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian

Number of posts : 480

Post  Hector_Nicols_Accordian Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:12 am

I see Clydebank have made it through to the semis too - that's good for them. Hopefully Auchinleck can make it as well.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:20 am

Looks like both Glasgow teams are stumbling towards the end of the season, they both look pish!
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:46 am

There's a rumour going round that Rangers are going to buy a stake in Charlton, anyone else heard anything about this? Apparently it's the cheapest option of getting money from the EPL.
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Post  Sweatsock Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:01 am

ShowStealer wrote:There's a rumour going round that Rangers are going to buy a stake in Charlton, anyone else heard anything about this? Apparently it's the cheapest option of getting money from the EPL.

I very nearly replied to this. Razz
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:41 am

showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Tue May 19, 2009 4:38 am

Kyle Lafferty, what an absolute disgrace. cussing
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Post  Sweatsock Sat May 23, 2009 2:34 pm

Was gonna post this in the morning but not sure I'll have time before I head to my last game as a season ticket holder at Celtic Park:

The final day will fast approach,
    we'll rely on Lennon to be our coach.

Always remember to keep the faith,
    until in the end the league is safe.

The flag is flying in the Paradise breeze,
    let's take on the Hearts and win with ease.

We'll keep it there for another year,
    in every huns eye we'll see a tear.

So come on United and come on the 'tic,
    lets make these Rangers bastards sick.

Here We Go, 4 In A Row!

Faithful Through And Through

Believe.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Thu May 28, 2009 5:35 am

Hector_Nicols_Accordian
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian

Post  Hector_Nicols_Accordian Thu May 28, 2009 11:56 am

Ha, I read about that in the paper - very funny for Rangers fans to come up with.
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Post  Sweatsock Thu May 28, 2009 12:22 pm

Didn't get at ext but yes I did jump about like a crazy person until the guy in front of me, who had the radio on, told me nothing had happened. Embarassed

Credit to the Rangers fans for coming up with it. Also well done to their team who over the last 3-4 months have proven themselves to be far more deserving champions.
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian

Post  Hector_Nicols_Accordian Thu May 28, 2009 1:12 pm

Do you want the next Celtic manager to be "Celtic Minded"?
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Post  Sweatsock Thu May 28, 2009 2:13 pm

I'd prefer tactically astute tbh, although I do think it's important we get someone who understands the culture of not only Celtic but Scotland in general.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Sat May 30, 2009 1:02 am

Mixu resigned last night....THERE IS A GOD! Very Happy Very Happy bounce
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  PeteRoe Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:13 pm

Hello there!

Not much chat going on!

Good result tonight for the Bhoys then Wink

And Gers are in pot 2. Very Happy

Lovely.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:35 pm

Aye very slow in here Pete, I see Murray's stepped down at Ibrox mate..not sure what ya make o that as a bluenose yersel'

Celtic were shit, lets be honest though did we really think theyd have a chance against the Gooners??

A good 3-0 win for the Hibs today, very happy with our start this season, Yogi is workin wonders already, Kev McBride and Paddy Cregg have been good signings, wee Zemmama and Benji are back. And also signing Anthony Stokes Very Happy Now we have 3 strikers capable of 20 a season in Deek, Benji and Stokesy...all we need now is a decent RB and another CB to replace Jones, if we get them in, 3rd place could be ours??
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Post  PeteRoe Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:46 pm

So the transfer window has been and gone!

Not a lot of stuff going on but as a Ger, I am glad we got someone in and we lost no one of real note (Ferguson doesnt count, he was on the way down lets be honest)

Jerome Rothen will be a very decent loan signing for us.

What bout the rest of you?

Hibs released a few players I noticed. Aberdeen signed a guy that was homesick when he was with them last year and Hamilton have released two guys they just got!
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:46 pm

Would have liked to have seen another centrehalf come to Hibs, I see we almost got Scott Arfield. Hopefully Yogi will grab Darren Barr on a bosman in Jan Very Happy

We released Davie Van Zanten (utter pish, quick but cant pass for shit!), JJ Johannson (too old), and Patrick Deane (young striker who never got a 1st team game). Happy to see the back of Van Zanten as we have a fit Kevin McCann and Darren McCormack who are better RB's

Overall happy with the signings of Kevin McBride, Patrick Cregg, Anthony Stokes and Graham Stack...Danny Galbraith Ive seen little of so dont know what he'll be like...same goes for Tom McCready (obviously 2 for the future)

More important for you Gers fans...Boydy never left

Oh and Aiden McGeady's a diving wee ratboy Laughing
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:38 pm

My word...Rod Petrie's spending money?? Liam Miller in....could be a very good signing once he's match fit, we have a very good midfield now in Cregg, McBride, Zemmama and Rankin, with Liam Miller, David Wotherspoon and Lewis Stevenson to come in as well. My only worry is that we need another CB in January as Bamba will be away with Ivory Coast for a month, at CB we only really have Bamba, Hogg and Murray, and perhaps McCormack.

Still I'm confident the Hibees will have a good season, at least we'll finish above the scummy Jambos Laughing

Oh and Pete, Rangers were pish today Laughing

Pissed off at Mogga's mob, them and Charlton cost me a coupon win of near 200 quid...bastards!
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Post  PeteRoe Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:30 pm

Gers were pish on Saturday yes. Not impressed.

But last night... Very Happy

Great 2nd half from us and I only hope we dont come back down to earth with a thump on Saturday vs Killie.

Celtic lost tonight. I dont think it would be fair to comment seeing as I support Rangers but I will use a smilie to sum it up.

cheers
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:58 pm

We were shocking against Hamilton, Nish should be sold in Jan...hes shit all he does is pick up silly booking n reds

Surely we can get back to business on Sat...I think we have St J at home...id go but I'm running low on funds Crying or Very sad
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Post  PeteRoe Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:03 am

Why can't we score?

Celtic aint even playing that well and yet they go 4 clear. A little worrying but I will analyse further after this week coming.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:17 am

Cos Boydy's a lazy fat wee turd, and Miller couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo Laughing
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Post  PeteRoe Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:33 am

Very Happy

Good ol' Kenny Miller
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Post  PeteRoe Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:35 am

Very Happy

Good ol' Kenny Miller
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:47 am

Was praising Miller for a change at wkend as his 2 goals won me 17 quid. Had 2-1 at odds of 15/2. Cheers Kenny cheers

Was at Easter Rd on Sat...we were shit hot in 1st half, poor in 2nd. Should have won the game by half time. Liam Miller is looking a shrewd piece of business for Yogi Very Happy
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:58 am

Can someone please explain to me the name Jambos, is it offensive and how did it come around? confused
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian

Post  Hector_Nicols_Accordian Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:25 pm

Jambos isn't offensive.

I think it came around from Hearts rhymes with Jam Tarts so Jambos came about.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:42 pm

Yep, spot on description there Hector, Hearts are known as the "Jam Tarts" or the "Jambos", or if your a Hibs man like me...you call them The Scumbos or something more offensive hehe

They also answer to Hearts of Kaunas Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:50 pm