SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+11
MarkFromGoldenplec
Outlaw2x4
Garibaldi
Kun©
ThatChumpStain
KJ
showstealer
The Chosen1
Mezzy
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Tomc2488
15 posters

Official Football Manager Thread

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Football Manager Thread

Post  Guest Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:55 pm

Mezzy wrote:Bit of help needed please. Basically I get this annoying box appear everytime i load the game up and it doesn't go away. I think it's a pop up from Steam or something but I don't how the hell to get rid of the bloody thing. It means I have to rely on previous experience to know which order the action buttons are in on news items (thankfully my experience is vast Cool )

Edit: the re-sizing has made it smaller. Click it on to see the full extent of the box. Evil or Very Mad

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 2 Proble10

I think I know what that is. Press Shift-Tab and see what happens. If I'm right you should get a steam-screen come up. If you just end up with that or an even bigger color box press shift-tab again and you should be free!
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian

Number of posts : 480
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Football Manager Thread

Post  Hector_Nicols_Accordian Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:19 pm

You folks should come and play the xpert 11 management game.

Post  Guest Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:15 am

Too busy trying to crack this one atm Hec! Razz Maybe once this gets tiring.

On that subject, anyone else found a killer formation. I've found a few solid ones but my strikers have Cowsarsebanjo syndrome...

Post  Guest Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:29 am

This has got to be the most optimistic game of the series. Spurs are 2nd (2 points ahead of me, bastards!) and Rosicky and Eduardo have both come back before Christmas! Shocked
    Mezzy
    Mezzy

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2008-11-20

Post  Mezzy Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:34 pm

JK wrote:
    Mezzy wrote:Bit of help needed please. Basically I get this annoying box appear everytime i load the game up and it doesn't go away. I think it's a pop up from Steam or something but I don't how the hell to get rid of the bloody thing. It means I have to rely on previous experience to know which order the action buttons are in on news items (thankfully my experience is vast Cool )

Edit: the re-sizing has made it smaller. Click it on to see the full extent of the box. Evil or Very Mad

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 2 Proble10

I think I know what that is. Press Shift-Tab and see what happens. If I'm right you should get a steam-screen come up. If you just end up with that or an even bigger color box press shift-tab again and you should be free!

Thanks that actually worked! When I pressed it the 1st time I just had a full screen version of the annoying box but the 2nd time did the trick. That has been annoying me no end!

Post  Guest Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:59 pm

Glad I could help. Also you can avoid it coming up altogether by creating a shortcut to:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2009\fm.exe

Post  Guest Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:26 am

Think I'm onto something... a modified 4-3-3 formation that seems capable of competing against Man Utd or Stoke with equal efficiency.

Anyone interested?
    The Chosen1
    The Chosen1

Number of posts : 108
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  The Chosen1 Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:25 am

I've started as Man Utd, but haven't made any major signings or sales. I beat Pompey 2-1 to win the Shield & thrashed Zenit 3-0 to win the Super Cup. Although, my form seems to have taken a slight dip ever since Ronaldo returned from injury.

The major problem I have atm is after eleven leagues games, both Arsenal & Chelsea have won ten & drawn one, whilst I lost 1-0 to both Arsenal & Liverpool with a couple of draws in there as well.

But, I'll stick it out & see what happens.
    The Chosen1
    The Chosen1

Post  The Chosen1 Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:59 am

I'm now over half way through my first season as Man Utd & there's no way I'm gonna even finish in the top two. Both Arsenal & Chelsea still haven't lost a single league games & are miles ahead of me. Even when they played each other they drew 0-0.

I've now lost both Rooney & Berbatov to injuries, but I easily won the World Club Cup, & I don't know whether to sign Ronaldo? (the Brazilian one).

Also, Adebayor is on fire, he's got 27 goals in 27 games for the Gooners.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:44 am

Anybody found any star players at a young age in the game? Henri Saivet is still the best young player in the game and can be got on a free transfer at the very beginning.

Post  Guest Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:04 am

In my first year I signed Saddick Adams and Rabiu Ibrahim as they both became awesome later on in FM 2008. Also made the obligatory signing of the man of a million positions Anthony Vanden Borre. Brought in Steven Taylor and Curtis Davies at great expense so that I could have some steel at the back and sold off Gallas and Eboue to cover it.

On the youngster front Sergio Asenjo is a good keeper at 19, so he'll be brilliant at his peak! Also reccomend Mario Balotelli (18 year old who scored 15 in his first season despite only making a few appearances here and there.) Also recommend Marco Perez who has shown glimpses of brilliance.

Grimandi has also been banging on about Ahmed Charlier so he might be worth a look (only 16) and Aurelian Molina is only 14, will cost you nothing and has the potential (according to Pat Rice) to be better than Fabregas!

If you've got any leagues other than England playable then my advice is to set a scout to watch the youth competitions of those nations. You can get some real gems there! I've got some in France, Italy, Spain and Holland.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664

Post  Outlaw2x4 Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:36 pm

I got Ballotelli too and the fans dispised him. He scored in his debut and then played awful in every game he got after. But towards the end of the season I gave him a few full games on the right wing and he did great. Once Adebayor moves on I'll replace him full time with Ballotelli.

Post  Guest Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:54 pm

I had the same problem. Played in the centre he was inconsistent at best, but once I started playing a 4-3-3 and rotated him and Walcott on the right it really did go well for him.
    Mezzy
    Mezzy

Post  Mezzy Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:21 pm

Won the Treble (of sorts) in my first season at United. Premier, CL and Carling Cup. One of my best players even in the 2nd season is 18 year old Aquino, got him for 450k in 1st season, his stats are pretty unreal already. I've also signed a few regens for £3m each because they look so amazing. So I've got the 'touted as the next' Platini and Ballack playing in my U18s at the mo. Cool

Signed Adriano for £1.6m, thought he'd be a bit of a stop-gap till Campbell gets amazing. Got van der Vaart on loan as well, he was transfer listed at Real. By the way, there's a list out there with all the potential scores for young players, -10, -9 etc, i'll paste it in here at some point.
    The Chosen1
    The Chosen1

Post  The Chosen1 Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:20 am

Mezzy, how many league games did you lose in your first season and have you got that list?
    MarkFromGoldenplec
    MarkFromGoldenplec

Number of posts : 132

Post  MarkFromGoldenplec Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:34 am

Reading a list of good players and buying them makes you a good manager 👍

Post  Guest Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:01 am

The adaptive AI on this is brutal. The computer has already adapted to my 4-3-3 and my backup 4-4-2. I'm drawing games left right and centre and even lost to West Brom a week after beating Real Madrid!
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Number of posts : 360
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Sweatsock Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:47 pm

JK wrote:The adaptive AI on this is brutal. The computer has already adapted to my 4-3-3 and my backup 4-4-2. I'm drawing games left right and centre and even lost to West Brom a week after beating Real Madrid!

SI have been striving to achieve a game that represents a real football season for as long as I can remember. I haven't played since FM 07 because I just don't have the time but from what I've read it seems they're trying to make you think about your tactics on a game to game basis. Sticking with the same formation and just adjusting the sliders has been too easy in the past and now they're looking to have you make certain tweaks between almost every game.
    Mezzy
    Mezzy

Post  Mezzy Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:55 pm

The Chosen1 wrote:Mezzy, how many league games did you lose in your first season and have you got that list?

Won 29, Lost 4, Drew 5. Only conceded 19 which helped.

Anderson - Man Utd
    Balotelli - Inter
    Bojan - Barcelona
    Dos Santos - Tottenham
    Fiorillo - Sampdoria
    Galvan - Cruz Azul
    Kroos - FC Bayern
    Pato - A.C. Milan
    Pjanic - Olympique Lyonnais
    Saivet - FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Sakho - Paris Saint-Germain
    Vela - Arsenal

Aaron Valencia
    Acapandie A.J. Auxerre
    Acosta - Sevilla
    Adams - Atletico B
    Adan - Castilla
    Adrian - Deportivo
    Adrien - Sporting CP
    Alamo - Tapachula
    Alex Teixeira - Vasco
    Altidore - Villareal
    Andrade - Cruz Azul
    Ansaldi - Rubin
    Appiah - AS Monaco FC
    Araujo - Chivas
    Arias - Chivas
    Asenjo - Valladolid
    Ayew - Olympique de Marseille
    Bale - Tottenham
    Banega - Valencia
    Barazite - Arsenal
    Barreto - Danubio
    Baxter - Everton
    Beevers - Sheff Wed
    Begovic - Portsmouth
    Ben-Hatira - HSV
    Bender - 1860 Munchen
    Benzergo - LOSC Lille Metropole
    Bernardo - Cruzeiro
    Blanco - Pachuca
    Blanco - Lanus
    Boeteng - HSV
    Borges - Saprissa
    Bostock - Tottenham
    Boucher - Havre Athletic Club
    Boudebouz - FC Sochaux-Montbeliard
    Brahimi - Stade Rennais F.C.
    Brosco - Roma
    Bruna - Liverpool
    Buonanotte - River
    Cala - Sevilla Atletico
    Camacho - At. Madrid
    Campoli - Lazio
    Candeias - Porto
    Carrico - Sporting CP
    Cassio - PSV
    Castillo - Santos Laguna
    Choco - Atletico Paranaense
    Choupo-Moting - HSV
    Crisantus - HSV
    Coeff - Racing Club de Lens
    Coutinho - Vasco
    Cristaldo - Velez
    Dalla Valle - Liverpool
    David Rochela - Deportivo B
    Davila - Chivas
    De Gea - Atletico B
    Delfouneso - Aston Villa
    Delle - FC Metz
    Di Maria - Benfica
    Diaz - River
    Douglas Costa - Gremio
    Dzagoev - CSKA Moscow
    Ekdal - Juventus
    Ekici - FC Bayern
    Enoh - Ajax
    Eramus - Feyenoord
    Erick Flores - Flamengo
    Escudero - Villareal
    Esparza - Chivas
    Evans - Man Utd
    Evseev - Hannover
    Fabio - Man Utd
    Faccioli - Lanus
    Faraoni - Lazio
    Fazio - Sevilla
    Feghouli - Grenoble Foot 38
    Felipe - Palmeiras
    Felipe Monteiro - Udinese
    Fenin - Frankfurt
    Fischer - Stuttgart
    Fleck - Rangers
    Forestieri - Genoa
    Fossati - Inter
    Fraga - Morelia
    Gerson - Gremio
    Glen - Hearts
    Gomez - Arsenal de Sarandi
    Grenier - Olympique Lyonnais
    Guilherme - Almeria
    Guzman - Morelia
    Haruna - AS Monaco FC
    Hazard - LOSC Lille Metropole
    Helan - Stade Rennais F.C.
    Helder Barbosa - Porto
    Hobbit Bermudez - Atlante
    Holtby - Aachen
    Howedes - Schalke
    Hummels - FC Bayern
    Iago - Juventus
    Ibrahim - Sporting CP
    Jibril - Hearts of Oak
    Joas Carlos - Atletico Paranaense
    Kadar - Newcastle
    Kadlec - Sparta Prague
    Kakuta - Chelsea
    Kalouda - CSKA Moscow
    Karadeniz - Besiktas
    Kenia - Schalke
    Khedira - Stuttgart
    Kolodziecziak - Racing Club de Lens
    Kroos - Rostock
    Lallana - Southampton
    Lambo - FC Dallas
    Lansbury - Arsenal
    Laurito - Udinese
    Le Tallec - Stade Rennais F.C.
    Lewandowski - Lech
    Maidana - Spartak Moscow
    Makaridze - Dinamo Tbilisi
    Manco - PSV
    Manon - Pachuca
    Mantsur - R. Madrid C
    Mattock - Leicester
    Mauricio - None
    Mazzola - Independiente
    Merida - Arsenal
    Millan - Colo Colo
    Monzon - Boca
    Moralez - FC Moscow
    Moreno - Almeria B
    Musacchio - Castilla
    N'Gog - Liverpool
    N'Gossan - ASEC
    N'Koulou - AS Monaco FC
    Nainggolan - Piacenza
    Naki - Leverkusen
    Necid - Slavia Prague
    Nemeth - Liverpool
    Neymar - Santos
    Ninis - Panathinaikos
    Noir - Boca
    Nordtveit - Arsenal
    Nsue - Mallorca B
    Ochirosii - Steaua
    Oliva - River
    Opare - Castilla
    Oscar - Sao Paulo
    Osei - Kessben
    Ozil - Werder Bremen
    Pacheco - Liverpool
    Paloschi - Parma
    Papadopoulos - Olympiakos
    Parejo - Castilla
    Paulo Henrique - Santos
    Perez Tariffa - Argentinos
    Perez - Chico FC
    Petrucci - Man Utd
    Piatti - Almeria
    Pichu Atienza - Atletico B
    Polenta - Genoa
    Poli - Sampdoria
    Prudnikov - Spartak Moscow
    Rafael Carioca - Gremio
    Rafael Forster - Internacional
    Rafhael - Figueirense
    Raggio Garibaldi - Genoa
    Ramsay - Arsenal
    Rapnik - Hearts
    Rausch - Hannover
    Risse - Leverkusen
    Rodriquez - Boca
    Rodriquez - Independiente
    Rose - Tottenham
    Rossi - Juventus
    Ruben Ramos - Atletico B
    Salazar - Chivas
    Sankhare - Paris Saint-Germain
    Santon - Inter
    Saunier - FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Savio - Brescia
    Schouw - Ajax
    Schwaab - Freiburg
    Sergio Mota - Sao Paulo
    Shea - FC Dallas
    Sidnei - Benfica
    Sinclair - Chelsea
    Situ - Racing Club de Lens
    Smolov - Dinamo Moscow
    Sneijder - Ajax
    Spence - West Ham
    Stancu - Steua
    Suchy - Slavia Prague
    Sukuta-Pasu - Leverkusen
    Sunny - Valencia
    Taarabt - Tottenham
    Tafer - Olympique Lyonnais
    Taison - Internacional
    Tales - Internacional
    Teaudors - FC Sochaux-Montbeliard
    Thiago - Barcelona B
    Thomson - Southampton
    Tiago Luis - Saontos
    Tore - Leverkusen
    Torje - Dinamo Buc.
    Traore - Arsenal
    Trecarichi - Sevilla Atletico
    Trellez - Velez
    Tuia - Lazio
    Ustari - Getafe
    Vidal - Leverkusen
    Villaluz - Cruz Azul
    Walter - Internacional
    Welbeck - Man Utd
    Wijnaldum - Feyenoord
    Willian - Shakhtar
    Wilshere - Arsenal
    Yildirim - Bursaspor
    Yoon Bit-Garam - Boo-Kyong High School
    Zuculini - Racing Club

Let the scouting begin!

Post  Guest Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:04 pm

Sweatsock wrote:
    JK wrote:The adaptive AI on this is brutal. The computer has already adapted to my 4-3-3 and my backup 4-4-2. I'm drawing games left right and centre and even lost to West Brom a week after beating Real Madrid!

SI have been striving to achieve a game that represents a real football season for as long as I can remember. I haven't played since FM 07 because I just don't have the time but from what I've read it seems they're trying to make you think about your tactics on a game to game basis. Sticking with the same formation and just adjusting the sliders has been too easy in the past and now they're looking to have you make certain tweaks between almost every game.

I wasn't complaining. I'm loving it! Very Happy
    The Chosen1
    The Chosen1

Post  The Chosen1 Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:54 am

MarkFromGoldenplec wrote:Reading a list of good players and buying them makes you a good manager 👍
    I didn't say I was going to buy them, but I did want to know which players were on the list.

Anyway, thanks for the input! 👍
    The Chosen1
    The Chosen1

Post  The Chosen1 Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:05 pm

I've just finished my first season with Arsenal & I just managed to win the league by one point. It was really close as we also had exactly the same goal difference, +40.

I actually nearly went the whole league season undefeated, as I only lost one league game towards the end of the season (1-0 again Liverpool) and I only conceded fourteen league goals. My problems were that I didn't score enough goals & I drew too many matches.

I lost 2-1 against Man Utd in the semi-final of the FA Cup.

I signed Henry, Arshavin & Asenjo in pre-season & Owen & Douglas Costa in January. I sold Bentner to Man City for £10M and he turned out to be the/their worst signing of the season.

On a side note, Robinho did well for City. I think he scored something like 33 goals in 51/52 games.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  The Ayatollah Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:09 am

My bro got me FM09 at Xmas, been playing it a lot so far, its excellent! Cant complain for 20 quid
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:58 pm

Still hooked on FM09, when I go Hibs I get a shite transfer budget of like £300,000.

Went Man City for a laugh and I'm doin quite well, for a continental qualification I got a budget of £80million! Im in the UEFA Group stages top of my group beating Udinese and CSKA Moscow so far, 3rd in Prem after 12 games.

Bought Tim De Cler,Paolo Ferreira, Leonard Ponzio, Roque Santa Cruz and Vagner Love, only lack a shit hot goalie to put pressure on Joe Hart, anyone got any suggestions??
    The Chosen1
    The Chosen1

Post  The Chosen1 Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:57 am

I've started playing as Luton.

I know there's no chance I'll stay up, but am still enjoying it. I'm in December & I've nearly wiped out the 30 point deduction.

I haven't sold anyone & the only player I've signed is Fabio on loan.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991

Post  showstealer Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:34 am

The Ayatollah wrote: anyone got any suggestions??
    Nicky Weaver! Very Happy
    ThatChumpStain
    ThatChumpStain

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post  ThatChumpStain Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:04 am

I'm still playing 08, I'm reluctant to let my Vauxhall team die! I'm into 2030-2031 now, top half of the PL table (well, top 4 Very Happy) and playing well. There's literally no-one left from the original now, bar those who've become managers (Stevie G just got fired from the England job) and coaches. I just keep buying young for cheap and selling well later on or finding they're wonderkids and having fun training them up, I rejected a £28m bid for my 22 year old keeper, always fun when you do that! I was gutted most of all when the club got a loan out but to be fair my finances were dodgy and I only had a 2800 seater stadium in League One! It's 31,000 all-seater now and they're getting an upgrade next year, yus!
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:52 am

I'm still Man City in my first season of 09. Sitting 5th in the Prem Lge, still in Europe, proper stages of the UEFA, just cuffed Braga 3-0 in Portugal. Roque Santa Cruz and Robinho are both sitting on 17 goals so far, Jo on 15, Vagner Love on 7, signed Emerson from AC Milan for 2m, Niko Krancjar from Pompey for 11m. Bought Stipe Plietkosa in goals for 9m hes done alright so far...consistent 7 ratings. Micah Richards has been immense all season for me. Dunne has been unsettled by a couple of Spanish clubs...sods! I think I only have 10 games left in the league...top 3 or 4 and ill be delighted!
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991

Post  showstealer Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:49 am

I'm now an owner of the game and I'm managing Charlton. No money to spend and a serious injury problem has led to a pretty poor display in the friendlies, but I've managed to sort the defence out.

Just wondering, what is your tactic for a short pitch where there's over crowding?
    KJ
    KJ

Number of posts : 124
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post  KJ Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:40 pm

Unfortunately I get error messages when saving and now the game won't even load up properly.

Gutted.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:00 pm