SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+11
MarkFromGoldenplec
Outlaw2x4
Garibaldi
Kun©
ThatChumpStain
KJ
showstealer
The Chosen1
Mezzy
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Tomc2488
15 posters

Official Football Manager Thread

The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Official Football Manager Thread

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:14 am

I'm in first season, around december, i usually try for Hoyte, but never have any luck Evil or Very Mad
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Official Football Manager Thread

Post  Garibaldi Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:51 pm

Anyone else have trouble with the patch?
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:37 pm

Can you patch a current game or do you have to start a new one?
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:52 am

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 5 Champ_league

Post  Guest Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:12 am

Nice one BD! Very Happy I've got the semis and the final to go, see if I can top you!

On course for the Treble + Supercup atm. Got the Europa League treble last year (came 5th in my first year in charge but was saved by winning the FA cup)

EDIT: Another incarnation, another game, and once more I have the ever so satisfying feeling of depriving Sir Alex of any trophies in his retirement season Very Happy

FA Cup Semi final: Adebayor 3 - 0 Man Utd

AND I've won the Premier League at White Hart Lane... so in my universe Arsenal have now won more championships at White Hart Lane than Spurs Razz

Post  Guest Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:45 pm

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 5 Champsofeurope

Adebayor owned The whole Real Madrid team. He was ungraciously robbed of a deserved 4th in the 29th minute by an overzealous (and blind) linesman.

What team/formation is everyone using? Mine is in essence a 4-4-1-1 but actually looks on screen like 2-3-1-3-1 Razz

Post  Guest Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:02 am

I've just discovered something new about the game! It knows when you swear! Very Happy

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 5 Bestscreenshotever
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:31 am

Are you trying to hide the name Jonathan Karani, which appears twice on that screen shot?

Post  Guest Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:36 am

Ah I see! Thanks for letting me know but hopefully the potential stalkers won't notice cos it's tiny. It's not smashers I'm hiding my name from anyway. Most of you know it!

I created an image for someone years ago and signed it (for copyright reasons, as you do) and got flooded with spam mail shortly after.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:02 am

JK wrote:Ah I see! Thanks for letting me know but hopefully the potential stalkers won't notice cos it's tiny.

naughty evil
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:42 am

I usally use the standard 4-4-2 but if I'm playing a better side I turn the attacking CM in a DM instead. I tried 4-4-2, where you have 2 DMs in front of the defence but it didn't work.

I just beat AC Millian 3-0 in the Super Cup, thats the 5th time I've played them in 2 seasons and the 4th time I've beaten them (dre the other 3-3) but still everytime I go up against them I'm predicted to lose.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:32 am

JK, how did you go about getting that skin for your game?
    MarkFromGoldenplec
    MarkFromGoldenplec

Number of posts : 132

Post  MarkFromGoldenplec Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:56 am

Hi Jonathan!
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:00 am

Is it the official Arsenal one?

Post  Guest Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:51 am

MarkFromGoldenplec wrote:Hi Jonathan!

Hello Mark

I got the DD09 skin from here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f62/flex09-dds09-itunes-skins-for-fm-2009-t8408.html and then darkened the background image using the "skin options" (or similar) menu that comes with it.

And the badges came from here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=14

Smile
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:39 am

JK wrote:

Hello Mark

I got the DD09 skin from here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f62/flex09-dds09-itunes-skins-for-fm-2009-t8408.html and then darkened the background image using the "skin options" (or similar) menu that comes with it.

And the badges came from here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=14

Smile

Any idea how to get it working on Vista? God I fuckin hate Vista.

Post  Guest Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:47 am

Outlaw2x4 wrote:
    JK wrote:

Hello Mark

Smile

Unzip the skins to the Vista equivalent of My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/skins/
    Unzip the badges to the Vista equivalent of My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/graphics/

Then run the game, go into preferences, then to the display options. Untick "use skin cache" and tick "always reload skin on confirm" and then click confirm.

Theoretically that should work.

Post  Guest Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:38 am

STOP PRESS:

If you have a fast connection and torrent software the logo for every club and competition in the game can be found here:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=148

You may need to sign up. Not sure. I'm already a member.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:03 pm

JK wrote:
    Outlaw2x4 wrote:
    JK wrote:

Hello Mark

Smile

Unzip the skins to the Vista equivalent of My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/skins/
    Unzip the badges to the Vista equivalent of My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/graphics/

Then run the game, go into preferences, then to the display options. Untick "use skin cache" and tick "always reload skin on confirm" and then click confirm.

Theoretically that should work.

Unfortunatley no, it doesn't. Crying or Very sad

God I hate fuckin Vista! Mad
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:47 am

Anyone else having trouble running the game today? Steam keeps telling me its unavailable. Fucking nonsense, I bought the disc I shouldn't have to rely on fucking steam!

*rant over

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:51 am

Go to the Vista equivalent of C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2009 and you won't have to use steam ever again.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:55 am

Thanks man.

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:08 am

Y'welcome.

Incidentally I think the realism of this game just took a dive. Someone else's contract expired and is on his way to Arsenal on a free. His names Christiano something or other... have signed him as backup for Walcott. Razz
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:55 am

Ballotelli has finally begun to perform for me. Lost Vela for a month so I put Ballotelli in and he scored 8 goals in 6 games!

Post  Guest Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:30 pm

Had a clearout in the summer as my squad was just too big and there were too many egos to massage. Sold Ronaldo after one season (£32m pure profit) along with Nasri, Van Persie, Eduardo and a few others and decided to do a Wenger and rely on youth. I'm thrilled with the players that have come up and that I've been able to get bargains for. Current lineup is:

GK: Lukazs Fabianski
    RB: Marc Iles (my little favourite, joined as a youth player in my 2nd summer at the club, went straight into the first team at the age of 16 as Sagna's cover and has now displaced him)
    CB: Kyle Bartley
    CB: Johan Djourou
    LB: Gael Clichy
    RW: Theo Walcott
    CM: Cesc Fabregas
    CM: Henri Lansbury
    LW: Jack Wilshere
    CF: Paloschi (22 year old Itallian, free transfer, scored 20 goals in 25 appearances. Has displaced Adebayor. Good bit of business Very Happy)
    CF: Bojan

However the new England manager Sam Alardarse seemingly has a grudge against my players and has only called up Theo Walcott despite the fact that Iles, Bartley, Lansbury and Wilshere have all performed out of their socks so far this season.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:21 pm

I have the same problem in that neither Walcott nor Vela were called up to their international squads.

My team:

GK - Akinfeev
    RB - Sagna/ David Santon
    CB - Mamadou Sakho/ Toure
    CB - Papadopoulous/ Esposito
    LB - Clichy/ Traore
    RW - Walcott
    CM - Fabregas
    DM - Denilson/ Miguel Veloso
    LW - Nasri/ Steven Jovetic
    CF - Carlos Vela/ Saivet
    ST - Adebayor/ Ballotelli

Post  Guest Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:30 pm

Do you play Denilson as a proper DM? He's always absolutely shocking for me there. If I had to play an anchorman I'd always use Song or push Djourou up...
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:58 pm

JK wrote:Do you play Denilson as a proper DM? He's always absolutely shocking for me there. If I had to play an anchorman I'd always use Song or push Djourou up...

No I usually use Veloso as a DM but Denilson works just as well for me. But Denilson plays much better in central midfield along side Fabregas.

If you can get your hands on Veloso at a decent price I'd strongly recommend him.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:56 am

GK - Akinfeev
    RB - Anyukov
    LB - Bale / Baines
    CB - Richards
    CB - Sidnel
    RW - Behrami / Wright-Phillips
    LW - Silva / Petrov / Hermanes
    CM - Inler
    CM - Fernandes / Hermanes
    ST - Robhino / Jo
    ST - Aguero

------------------

Hermanes is a legend, AM (RLC) and DM, he's so usefull. Also Dos Santos, got him from Spurs only started using him post xmas and he grabs 15 goals in 12 games is tipped for top player of the champions league. Also usefull as he can play accross the entire midfield and upfront.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:00 am

I'm pretty sick of playing the same teams over and over, in the English cups I always get Arsenal, Man U or Blackburn at some stage, Blackburn in the FA cup final, twice! and Chelsea in the champions league every season.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:53 am