SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+15
zhukov
The Stig
ThatChumpStain
Bradshaw101
Dr Hellwig PhD
chr1s
Garibaldi
The Phenom
The Ayatollah
Sweatsock
PeteRoe
Uptown Llama of Doom
The Real BIG BOSS MAN
IOV
Shaun2J
19 posters

Royal Rumble Thread

Poll

Who will win the Royal Rumble?

[ 3 ]
    Royal Rumble Thread - Page 4 Bar_left25%Royal Rumble Thread - Page 4 Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Royal Rumble Thread - Page 4 Bar_left8%Royal Rumble Thread - Page 4 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Royal Rumble Thread - Page 4 Bar_left0%Royal Rumble Thread - Page 4 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Royal Rumble Thread - Page 4 Bar_left0%Royal Rumble Thread - Page 4 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Royal Rumble Thread - Page 4 Bar_left8%Royal Rumble Thread - Page 4 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Royal Rumble Thread - Page 4 Bar_left17%Royal Rumble Thread - Page 4 Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Royal Rumble Thread - Page 4 Bar_left25%Royal Rumble Thread - Page 4 Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    Royal Rumble Thread - Page 4 Bar_left17%Royal Rumble Thread - Page 4 Bar_right [17%] 

Total Votes: 12
    Poll closed
    'Dub
    'Dub
    The Final Cylon

Number of posts : 350
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Royal Rumble Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Royal Rumble Thread

Post  'Dub Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:39 pm

ShowStealer wrote:I agree that it was pointless for HHH to be the runner up, someone popular who had never held the world title or main evented should of been there, like Kingston.

Orton's Rumble win wouldn't look so impressive if he threw Kofi out last.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:22 am

'Dub wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:I agree that it was pointless for HHH to be the runner up, someone popular who had never held the world title or main evented should of been there, like Kingston.

Very good point, but you could say that having Priceless doing all the work didn't make it impressive either.
    zhukov
    zhukov

Number of posts : 99
    Registration date : 2008-09-26

Post  zhukov Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:40 am

'Dub wrote:

don't agree, as in both a storyline and smart world, Orton was always going to win in a 3 on 1 situation.

However re Kofi, he was the ONLY person that came to mind as far as someone who hadn't been world champion, who was anywhere near the position to be in there at the end (and lets face it, the elimination chamber at NWO will probably be the closest he ever comes to a world title), you could have thrown MVP there, but you needed a face in that position

That speaks volumes at how awful they have been at having a mid card since the brand split, as there are a grand total of NO faces to pull the trigger on and put even anywhere near the main event scene.

That was something I felt hurt the Rumble, it was very much a THEM and US - Big names/ + Rhodes & Dibiase (big by association) vs the rest
    Dr Hellwig PhD
    Dr Hellwig PhD

Number of posts : 217
    Location : Perpetually moving through shitholes. Or Polmont and Croy as they are otherwise known
    Registration date : 2008-10-28

Post  Dr Hellwig PhD Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:34 am

ShowStealer wrote:
    'Dub wrote:

Very good point, but you could say that having Priceless doing all the work didn't make it impressive either.

Not at all. It tells a very good story and gives Rhodes and DiBiase an effective push as a pair of hungry jackals and gives Orton the rub as the genius psychopath, inside the minds of the two younger men.

The only mistake in my opinion was Triple H eliminating them. I'd have had Simply Priceless putting Triple H out and then have Orton standing back and letting the two of them scrap to a near elimination of each other before swooping in and putting them both out. Cue much mis-trust and misgivings from the two younger men and the seeds of doubt being sown.

But that's just me.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:29 am