SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+11
showstealer
Dr Hellwig PhD
Big Dave
Garibaldi
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Shaun2J
Sweatsock
IOV
The Ayatollah
MarkFromGoldenplec
KJ
15 posters

International Football Thread

Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

International Football Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: International Football Thread

Post  Garibaldi Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:09 am

Absolutely robbed, absolutely disgusting. To come out afterwards and declare "yes it was handball but it's the ref's fault for not blowing"...Henry, even as a gooner I had resect for you as a player, but if you knew that you own up at the time, don't wait until it's too late to make a difference!
    Rooq
    Rooq

Number of posts : 588
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  Rooq Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:11 am

Henry is a cheat.

He is basically coming out and lying about it all and said the ball hit him! what ever!

Platini will be happy eating his snails this morning.

Tossers.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991

Post  showstealer Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:56 am

I can't believe Dunne didn't attack him whilst he was consoling him.

Henry should have admitted it at the time, Di Canio would have owned up!
    Rooq
    Rooq

Number of posts : 588

Post  Rooq Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:20 am

One thing im not getting is people saying Henry is such an honest player?!?!

Errr.. In the last world cup Henry cheated against Spain.

The guy loves it, great player, but a cheat.
    brother of destruction
    brother of destruction

Number of posts : 370

Post  brother of destruction Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:20 am

I feel sympathy for Ireland & was rooting for them last night. TBH, I didn't think France scoring (regardless of how it happened) was against the run of play. I just can't help but think of the Duff & Keane chances that they really should have burried.

Henry was right that it's not his responsibility to hold his hands up (pardon the pun), but for him to turn round this morning & say it wasn't deliberate. Unforetunately we're going to have knobs like Jeff Winter on Sky Sports News saying shit like "if Sky Sports are going to say it was accidental, don't bother to ask me to come on here anymore".

pray
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:15 am

Words cannot describe how gutted I am over that result. To be honest I don't blame Henry, as any player, even on the Irish team would have taken that goal, but how on earth can the ref and and linesman not have seen that handball? Or the fact that it was offside? We were the better team on the night, but we should have killed it off far earlier. In fact we should have won 3-0 in normal time, but it was one of those games where luck was needed, and France got it. I sincerly hope that referee does not get to participate ina single game at the world cup.

I think over all we shut up alot of our critics, and showed that cunt Domenech we are far more than "Englands B-Team".

And how Plantini and Sep Blatter are able to get away with their sheer biase and scheming is beyond me.
    brother of destruction
    brother of destruction

Post  brother of destruction Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:55 pm

I think it's a tad harsh on the officials tbh. When you look where the ref was (I'm sure Sweatsock will confirm) in the correct position, the linesman was on the far side of the field. A lot of bodies in the way & it happened very quickly. Easy to spot with umpteen replays in slow mo from every angle. Not surprising they didn't see it. He had a pretty decent game other than that incident IMO.
    MK
    MK

Number of posts : 622
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post  MK Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:15 pm

Group A
    South Africa
    Mexico
    Uruguay
    France

Group B
    Argentina
    Nigeria
    Korea Republic
    Greece

Group C
    England
    United States
    Algeria
    Slovenia

Group D
    Germany
    Australia
    Serbia
    Ghana

Group E
    Netherlands
    Denmark
    Japan
    Cameroon

Group F
    Italy
    Paraguay
    New Zealand
    Slovakia

Group G
    Brazil
    Korea DPR
    Ivory Coast
    Portugal

Group H
    Spain
    Switzerland
    Honduras
    Chile

Nothing too surprising. Group G is the GoD. U.S. gets a more-than-favorable draw. I just did some research on ticket prices for matches, as well as air fare. Man is it expensive....what I would give to be able to go.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:15 pm

Bad sign for England when the back up players (Robinson and Brown) would rather quit than play for their country, Scholes is also saying he wont reconsider his retirment either. Wednesdays match could be interesting Very Happy
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:15 pm

Wes Brown was my favourite player. Sad
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:33 pm

ShowStealer wrote:Wes Brown was my favourite player. Sad

It's his orange hair isn't it? not ginger..........orange
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:32 am

IOV wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:Wes Brown was my favourite player. Sad

It's his orange hair isn't it? not ginger..........orange
    His skin colour is orange as well, there's no way that creature is human.

scratch
    brother of destruction
    brother of destruction

Post  brother of destruction Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:50 am

Can't say I blame either of them tbh. They're both 30+ & I can see why they wouldn't want to fly all round Europe to warm the subs bench. Even if they do get a game, they're not likely to be first choices when the big games come round, so what's the point?
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:11 am

brother of destruction wrote:Can't say I blame either of them tbh. They're both 30+ & I can see why they wouldn't want to fly all round Europe to warm the subs bench. Even if they do get a game, they're not likely to be first choices when the big games come round, so what's the point?

But it used to be the biggest honour in football to play for your country or be called up with the chance to play, players now a days see it as a major irritation and prefer to retire than turn out. Too much money and not enough pride.
    MK
    MK

Post  MK Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:59 pm

Success!!

On October 9th, I will be attending my first professional soccer match. A few friends and I are driving down to Chicago to see the US national team against Poland.

I couldn't be more excited.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:52 am

MK wrote:Success!!

On October 9th, I will be attending my first professional soccer match. A few friends and I are driving down to Chicago to see the US national team against Poland.

I couldn't be more excited.

You really should try and attend some MLS games, especially if you want to see the sport build over there.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:39 am

How much were tickets and how easy were they to get?

And outlaw is correct, help support your local team, even if they're in the minor leagues or whatever you guys call it. Smile
    MK
    MK

Post  MK Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:18 am

ShowStealer wrote:How much were tickets and how easy were they to get?

And outlaw is correct, help support your local team, even if they're in the minor leagues or whatever you guys call it. Smile

Tickets were only $50, and they're very good seats at that.

I can't support my local team, because we have no local team. If Minneapolis were able to get an MLS team, I would absolutely be there. Closest team we have to me is Chicago, and that's a 7 hour drive. Aint gonna happen.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:51 am