SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+5
Darkarius
Inno
Garibaldi
Kurt_Angle
IOV
9 posters

Wrestlemania XXVIII

showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Wrestlemania XXVIII - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrestlemania XXVIII

Post  showstealer Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:07 pm

Darkarius wrote:
    Adey wrote: Cena apparently rakes millions in for the WWE so you can see why they are reluctant to turn him, as much as I don't like it.
    Exactly. you don't slaughter your cash cow.
    Like WCW couldn't turn Hogan? I wonder how that would've turned out for them?
    Mr Torrie Wilson
    Mr Torrie Wilson

Number of posts : 302
    Registration date : 2008-10-03

Post  Mr Torrie Wilson Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:41 pm

showstealer wrote:
    Darkarius wrote:
    Adey wrote: Cena apparently rakes millions in for the WWE so you can see why they are reluctant to turn him, as much as I don't like it.

My theory is that WCW go out of business quicker. Surprisingly, this has minimal effect on the business as we know it today. However, in 1999, Pharmaceutical companies report a massive drop in the sale of paracetamol, aspirin and other headache relieving medication. Share prices plummet throwing the stock market into chaos, bringing forward the worldwide recession by almost a decade. Only one man could have prevented this. The one they call... Russo.
    Darkarius
    Darkarius

Number of posts : 40
    Location : Housewares section of S-MART. Shop smart, shop S-MART!!!
    Registration date : 2009-01-07

Post  Darkarius Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:15 am

showstealer wrote:
    Darkarius wrote:
    Guess you could get on the phone to Vince then.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:55 am

Darkarius wrote:
    showstealer wrote:
    Darkarius wrote:
    Guess you could get on the phone to Vince then.
    Or you could revised your point?
    Kun©

Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post  Kun© Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:00 pm

You don't slaughter your cash cow when you have nobody big enough to take his place and your only other proven draws are both on a part-time schedule?
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:06 am

Kun©️ wrote:You don't slaughter your cash cow when you have nobody big enough to take his place and your only other proven draws are both on a part-time schedule?
    First off it's not being slaughtered, just for the character to be freshened up. Hogan was so stale in '96. Look how the short heel turn freshened up R-Truth.

Secondly it's too late now because he's probably received more heat during his face run then he would as a heel, no doubt people on here will say that's a good thing! The face/heel thing at the moment is interesting and pairing him with internet darlings like Brock and Bryan can draw. If they turned him back when they should've they could this monster face drawing loads and taking the company back in to a golden age, or people on the internet claiming they should've kept him as a face! Wink

It's hard to get fans to like someone and they turned Sheamus too early in my opinion. I think if you keep someone heel for a while then slowly turn them as the fans get more and more behind the bad guy it will make a bigger face, the Austin turn was done perfectly. Orton and Punk are very over, Orton due to his long run as a heel and Punk for not being like Cena. Bryan is the most over on the roster at present but they're not turning him just yet as it's too soon.

Spoiler:
    Kun©

Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post  Kun© Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:35 am

You can't really say turning Cena heel would've changed everything and ushered in a new Attitude Era. The problems run deeper than that. It's like saying if the WWE ditched Cena and revolved the company around Bryan, Christian, Kidd and Jericho all their problems would go away. As much as we'd like to think that it isn't necessarily the case.

As I said before I don't think it's too late Very Happy. The longer they keep him face, the more he tells us he will never turn his back on us the more shocking it will seem when/if he eventually does turn.

Wasn't Sheamus getting cheered though? At one point anyway. I remember him getting one of the biggest pops on SD! Then.... nothing. Then he wins the Rumble but it's not the same any more. I agree with your point though, Austin, Rocky, Foley, Punk even Cena all got over by being so good a heel the fans cheered for them. Jericho is the best heel in the company right now (although Henry comes close) and he STILL struggles to get booed.

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:12 pm