SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+3
showstealer
Outlaw2x4
Rooq
7 posters

Would you have Michael Owen at your club?

Poll

Hmmm well?

[ 3 ]
    Would you have Michael Owen at your club? Bar_left33%Would you have Michael Owen at your club? Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Would you have Michael Owen at your club? Bar_left67%Would you have Michael Owen at your club? Bar_right [67%] 

Total Votes: 9
    Poll closed
    Rooq
    Rooq

Number of posts : 588
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Would you have Michael Owen at your club? Empty Would you have Michael Owen at your club?

Post  Rooq Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:26 am

Since newcastle have been relegated!! it seems certain that Owen will now be leaving Newcastle to a new club!

Question is though? would you have him at your club? he seems to live in the past and thinks he is still one of the best players going even though he had what, one maybe two good seasons! check his career stats! i was surprised as they werent as good as I thought he says they are!

Owen seems to think he is worth 80 - 90k a week!!! pfff... I wouldnt have him at Ipswich for 8k a week, he be injured every week and when he does play he doesnt seem bothered and he probably be more interested in what is going on at the Newmarket races.

So would you have the lil fella at your club?

He didnt exactly run his heart out trying to save Newcastle from relegation!
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Would you have Michael Owen at your club? Empty Re: Would you have Michael Owen at your club?

Post  Outlaw2x4 Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:45 am

He's not young anymore. I would have had him in 2001, but not now. I'm sure Man City will sign him up anyway, as they seem to think its attacking players that they need, not defenders. Rolling Eyes
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991

Would you have Michael Owen at your club? Empty Re: Would you have Michael Owen at your club?

Post  showstealer Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:48 am

If he accepts our wages I would! I think we could offer him £2k a week. Smile
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:35 am

It will be a big gamble that someones gonna take but if it pays off it would be worth it. Just need him to come WAY down in wages

As for having him at United......not a mission
    zhukov
    zhukov

Number of posts : 99
    Registration date : 2008-09-26

Post  zhukov Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:36 pm

absolutely NO chance, post his injuries ALL he gives you is goalscoring, nothing else, problem is for the amount he scores (combined with the fact he will almost certainly get injured) he isn't even vaguely worth the money
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:37 am

Yes for us. He'd be a better impact sub and back-up than Bent and, unless he improves now he's actually getting a break before the season starts, Pav.

Although that said, if the RVN rumour for about £1.2 million is true, I'd take him first. Don't like the guy, but can't deny the numbers he racks up.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:50 am

Apparantly HUll want him!!!! Laughing
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991

Post  showstealer Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:12 pm

Big Dave wrote:Apparantly HUll want him!!!! Laughing
    Great stuff, it's like watching a train crash!

Hull = The world's most expensive injury table.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:00 am