SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+11
Dr Hellwig PhD
MK
Garibaldi
Shaun2J
PeteRoe
Mtank325
ThatChumpStain
showstealer
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Rooq
Big Dave
15 posters

European Football thread....from an American??!!

Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

European Football thread....from an American??!! - Page 3 Empty Re: European Football thread....from an American??!!

Post  Garibaldi Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:17 am

Outlaw2x4 wrote:With all due to respect to Gari, Spurs are not contenders to win the year, this is just a very good start for them, they always come up short.

Agreed - no offence taken. With a bit of confidence and luck we're a contender for 4th, as we have been the last few years, nothing more.

Although at the end of the day, if things are going to change,they've got to change somewhere. It's our best start for 50 years, so we can't do much more.
    MK
    MK

Number of posts : 622
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

European Football thread....from an American??!! - Page 3 Empty Re: European Football thread....from an American??!!

Post  MK Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:42 am

I think it's still just a little too early for me to pick a team that I feel really strongly about. Like I said previously, all the teams that I support here in the states are teams that I grew up rooting for. It was engrained in me. It's hard to feel really strongly and passionate about a team in a league that I just started watching. Who knows how long it will take before I really take a liking to one team.
    Dr Hellwig PhD
    Dr Hellwig PhD

Number of posts : 217
    Location : Perpetually moving through shitholes. Or Polmont and Croy as they are otherwise known
    Registration date : 2008-10-28

Post  Dr Hellwig PhD Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:07 am

Never a 4-1 defeat! A touch flattering for Sevilla.

Referee robbed us of a stonewall penalty and blew for a phantom free kick that led directly to their opener (scored by the guy who should've walked at the penalty...)

Having said that our defence was all over the place and they were absolutely clinical in taking us apart after that. Still a tough one to take though.

I've seen play worse than that and take all three points.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:19 am

I agree that was an awful decision by the ref, he should be suspended from champions league action this season.

I guess there's no point in asking Sweatsock his opinion. Wink

4-1 flattered them, no idea how they got so many. Great consolation goal by Nacho Novo though.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  The Ayatollah Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:54 am

The difference is Sevilla can score for fun, Rangers have got one goal in four games, a peach that it was. Sevilla will walk that group, everyone else will be fighting for 2nd place. At full strength and in decent form Rangers are good enough to get 2nd place
    MK
    MK

Number of posts : 622
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post  MK Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:57 am

Shouldn't this stuff get transfered over to the ol' UEFA Champions League thread?

Just sayin...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:06 am