SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+6
The Phenom
ThatChumpStain
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Shaun2J
Big Dave
Mtank325
10 posters

Gas Prices

Mtank325
    Mtank325

Number of posts : 275
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Gas Prices Empty Gas Prices

Post  Mtank325 Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:53 pm

Not that this is an exclusively current events topic, but how have gas prices been around your area?

I haven't see any place above $2.00 around here. So much for analysts' prediction of $4.00/gallon this holiday season. The recession has really hit a number of industries hard and the gas companies just can't afford themselves such high gas prices.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Gas Prices Empty Re: Gas Prices

Post  Big Dave Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:34 pm

They went down yesterday to £0.89.
    ThatChumpStain
    ThatChumpStain

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post  ThatChumpStain Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Dropped here too, demand's meant to be at a low and the price of an oil barrel's down from a peak of $147 to under $50. About time the savings got passed onto us! I'm just hoping they stay low while I car-hunt and hopefully get one in the next couple of months!
    KabukiJoe
    KabukiJoe

Number of posts : 492
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Post  KabukiJoe Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:04 am

Knowing our government, they'll use this opportunity to stick up taxes on petrol, so it stays the same price at the pumps for us and we get angry at the oil companies instead of getting annoyed at more tax rises.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:47 am

Big Dave wrote:They went down yesterday to £0.89.
    For Americans out, this is per a litre which is roughly 0.25 gallons! Count yourself very lucky!

Post  Guest Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:11 am

Anyone else get a happy feeling when they filled up their car and the Litres went up quicker than the price? Very Happy

That was a good day!
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Shaun2J Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:02 am

Same here around the 1.10€ mark.
    KabukiJoe
    KabukiJoe

Post  KabukiJoe Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:48 am

JK wrote:Anyone else get a happy feeling when they filled up their car and the Litres went up quicker than the price? Very Happy

That was a good day!

Yep. I nearly videoed it cos I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't last long. Very Happy
    The Phenom
    The Phenom

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  The Phenom Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:04 pm

All I know is that the surest way for America to lower prices even more is to drill our own oil, while investing in newer fuel sources. We need to have both working simultaneously. I can't stand all of the eco nuts telling us that we're going to run out of oil, or that the oil we drill now won't effect us for at least 10 years, or that it's so bad for the environment. They've been telling that same story for 40 years now, still haven't run out, and if we had started drilling more 40 years ago, we'd have the oil by now wouldn't we? And most of the oil pollution that the world sees is due to natural seeping! Only about 2% of all oil pollution is caused by man.
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian

Number of posts : 480
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Hector_Nicols_Accordian Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:09 pm

Do you have a link to prove that last statistic, I find it interesting. And a little unbelievable. but mainly interesting.
    ThatChumpStain
    ThatChumpStain

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post  ThatChumpStain Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:06 am

1% is through drilling, but another 32% is from commercial activities, 4% from transportation (oil tanker spillages, etc.) and 63% is through natural means, at least around the US.

Fox News
    The Phenom
    The Phenom

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  The Phenom Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:23 am

Sorry that should say water/oil pollution, not just oil pollution.

The source that I have is the US Minerals Management service. They have the average amount of oil polluted into water by man at 6,555 barrels per year, while the average seeped via the ocean floor is 620,500 barrels per year. About 1.1%

It's from an article I read in Human Events.

Post  Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:01 am

Wasn't it nice of the government to fuck us over and compensate for their VAT cut by jacking up fuel duty (AGAIN) in what is in no way a poorly hidden stealth tax Rolling Eyes
    Rooq
    Rooq

Number of posts : 588

Post  Rooq Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:18 am

JK wrote:Wasn't it nice of the government to fuck us over and compensate for their VAT cut by jacking up fuel duty (AGAIN) in what is in no way a poorly hidden stealth tax Rolling Eyes

What do you expect from this pathetic Goverment! they reduce the VAT on things that you dont have to buy, but increase the price on things that you do have to buy like Petrol!!

Will give it too them, they are very clever, but god, they are complete cun.....
    KabukiJoe
    KabukiJoe

Post  KabukiJoe Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:27 pm

....ningly devious swines is what you were going to say, wasn't it Rooq?

Why don't the Government just have the balls to get rid of some of the pointless jobs they've created during their time running this country? BY getting rid of some of these non-essential civil servants they wouldn't need to raise fuel duty again and again and again.
    The Stig
    The Stig

Number of posts : 705

Post  The Stig Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:43 pm

I was slightly amused yesterday when looking at my petrol receipt. The VAT was clearly marked at 15.0%, but the price was still the same as last week. I'm glad I only need to put in £30 a month...
    Rooq
    Rooq

Post  Rooq Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:33 am

Have noticed that the petrol prices have being going up slowly but surely, where I live it has gone up 3 times in the space of two weeks, funny how its being kept quiet.
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:51 am

Where I live, it dropped to 82.9p at the New Year, but it went up to 83.9p on Monday. Sad
    KabukiJoe
    KabukiJoe

Post  KabukiJoe Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:05 am

Prices are a bit varied where I live so it's hard to keep track. One petrol station has it at 83.9p per litre, yet one just a few hundred metres down the road is selling it for 87.9p oer litre. Both are petrol stations for major companies and aren't these little village-like petrol station that always charge way more than the going price.
    Rooq
    Rooq

Post  Rooq Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:33 am

The Stig wrote:Where I live, it dropped to 82.9p at the New Year, but it went up to 83.9p on Monday. Sad

Coor! wish I lived there, is 89.9 here...

Ho Hum!
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:51 am

KabukiJoe wrote:Prices are a bit varied where I live so it's hard to keep track. One petrol station has it at 83.9p per litre, yet one just a few hundred metres down the road is selling it for 87.9p oer litre. Both are petrol stations for major companies and aren't these little village-like petrol station that always charge way more than the going price.

I use petrolprices.com to find the cheapest. You just type in your post code and how far away you're willing to travel and it gives you a list of the 5 cheapest. It's updated daily.

You can also opt to receive a daily email detailing the 5 cheapest so you don't have to keep going to the site and putting your post code in.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991

Post  showstealer Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:58 am

The Stig wrote:You can also opt to receive a daily email detailing the 5 cheapest so you don't have to keep going to the site and putting your post code in.
    You've either got too much free time or you're really boring.
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:26 am

ShowStealer wrote:
    The Stig wrote:You can also opt to receive a daily email detailing the 5 cheapest so you don't have to keep going to the site and putting your post code in.
    You've either got too much free time or you're really boring.

The Stig has a requirement for great quantities of petrol.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:39 pm