SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+11
showstealer
Dr Hellwig PhD
Big Dave
Garibaldi
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Shaun2J
Sweatsock
IOV
The Ayatollah
MarkFromGoldenplec
KJ
15 posters

International Football Thread

Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

International Football Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: International Football Thread

Post  Big Dave Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:20 pm

I don't like the new shirt.

Post  Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:41 pm

Guess I'm alone then. My only problem with it is that the number on the black should really be blue and not red to keep the colour scheme constant. Otherwise I think it's a really good looking shirt.

In other news Carlton Cole is definitely out for Wednesday so Capello has called upon the MIGHTY~! Darren Bent. I don't think Kevin Davies will ever get to play for England. Laughing
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:36 am

Heskys out to.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:38 am

JK wrote:Guess I'm alone then. My only problem with it is that the number on the black should really be blue and not red to keep the colour scheme constant. Otherwise I think it's a really good looking shirt.

In other news Carlton Cole is definitely out for Wednesday so Capello has called upon the MIGHTY~! Darren Bent. I don't think Kevin Davies will ever get to play for England. Laughing

Thats a pity, his elbows have so much to give on the big stage

Post  Guest Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:09 am

So... it appears England will be starting with a forward pairing of Wayne Rooney and Darren Bent. Oh dear...

That said I'm really happy to see Capello forcing Michael Owen to earn his place back instead of the previous managers' approach of "Is he fit? Good, then he's in" no matter how long he'd been crocked for or how shite he'd been playing.
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Shaun2J Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:05 am

Loved how ze german press shit themselves after Rooney and Gerrard were confirmed for the Wales team. Laughing
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian

Number of posts : 480
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Hector_Nicols_Accordian Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:48 am

Scotland are a total farce - Captain and Goalie bevvy from 4 in the morning after the Holland match right through till midday in the sodding hotel bar.

We deserve to get thrashed by Iceland tonight.

Joke.

Post  Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:58 am

Bent out Abonlaghor in...

That, Mr Owen/Davies, is the sound of you being kicked hard and squarely in the nuts!
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401

Post  Garibaldi Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:48 am

No, that's when James Beattie gets called up again...

Post  Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:52 am

Why is the non-Lawrenson commentator bitching about there being a drum at Wembley? How dare the fans make noise! Rolling Eyes

"Save it for grounds that deserve it"... what the hell is that supposed to mean? That Wembley is ABOVE having a drum?

Lawrenson: "Why are you talking about a dr.."
    "BECAUSE IT'S STUPID!!"

Post  Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:32 pm

2-1... relieved!

Don't think Theo will be sweating too much over losing his place. Lennon was wasteful against Slovakia and non-existent tonight. Far cry from his Spurs form to be sure!
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:24 pm

JK wrote:Why is the non-Lawrenson commentator bitching about there being a drum at Wembley? How dare the fans make noise! Rolling Eyes

"Save it for grounds that deserve it"... what the hell is that supposed to mean? That Wembley is ABOVE having a drum?

Lawrenson: "Why are you talking about a dr.."
    "BECAUSE IT'S STUPID!!"
    The radio commentary?

Post  Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:26 pm

Yep. Television est en el blinko.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:26 am

So Barry F and the other guy have a life time ban from playing for Scotland, its a bit much if you ask me!
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:59 am

Big Dave wrote:So Barry F and the other guy have a life time ban from playing for Scotland, its a bit much if you ask me!
    I disagree, it's a great move by the SFA. Hopefully neither player (Allan McGregor is the other guy) will play for Rangers again as well. Childish behaviour to say the least.
    Dr Hellwig PhD
    Dr Hellwig PhD

Number of posts : 217
    Location : Perpetually moving through shitholes. Or Polmont and Croy as they are otherwise known
    Registration date : 2008-10-28

Post  Dr Hellwig PhD Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:24 pm

ShowStealer wrote:
    Big Dave wrote:So Barry F and the other guy have a life time ban from playing for Scotland, its a bit much if you ask me!
    I disagree, it's a great move by the SFA. Hopefully neither player (Allan McGregor is the other guy) will play for Rangers again as well. Childish behaviour to say the least.

As a Rangers fan I agree entirely.

Wasters the pair of them. If they're talent was half as big as their ego, we'd be sitting top of our group looking down on the rest of humanity.

But they're shit.

Backwards Barry is past his best, McGregor has had one good season and is on the front pages more than the back. Good riddance - I bet Paul LeGuen has the biggest smile on his face right now... looks like Le Gaffer had the right idea after all...
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:14 pm

Dr Hellwig PhD wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:

As a Rangers fan I agree entirely.

Wasters the pair of them. If they're talent was half as big as their ego, we'd be sitting top of our group looking down on the rest of humanity.

But they're shit.

Backwards Barry is past his best, McGregor has had one good season and is on the front pages more than the back. Good riddance - I bet Paul LeGuen has the biggest smile on his face right now... looks like Le Gaffer had the right idea after all...

I didn't know about the V signs they had been giving during the game (in a laughably Peter Kay style)
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:38 pm

Scotland will live to regret this day mark my words!
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:25 pm

IOV wrote:Scotland will live to regret this day mark my words!
    Short term, perhaps.

Long term, no way.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:20 pm

JK wrote:2-1... relieved!

Don't think Theo will be sweating too much over losing his place. Lennon was wasteful against Slovakia and non-existent tonight. Far cry from his Spurs form to be sure!

Given that barring one hat-trick in a game where, for most of the first half, it loked like he'd stayed in the dressing room, he's also been a waste for England, I wouldn't be so sure about Theo. He'll probably be a Barmby-like 2-3 year max prodigy that vanbishes from the England team without trace.

Lennon may not have been at his best this week, but it was his first games ack in the fold, he's still carrying a groin problem which almost caused him to be pulled from the squad, and reports suggest he's now Capello's pet player - it's either him or King that's draged him to almost every recent Spurs game.

That said, right now the pair of them and SWP are just competing to be the player that wears out the ful back before they send Becks on.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:57 am

ShowStealer wrote:
    Short term, perhaps.

Long term, no way.

In Fergusons case it is short term obviously but Mc Gregor is only 27 which is very young for a goal keeper and for a small country as Scotland to completely rule out picking him in the future is stupid, an injury crisis could happen at any time and how many Scottish keepers are playing in big match situations every week?
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Number of posts : 360

Post  Sweatsock Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:04 am

IOV wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:
    Short term, perhaps.

Long term, no way.

In Fergusons case it is short term obviously but Mc Gregor is only 27 which is very young for a goal keeper and for a small country as Scotland to completely rule out picking him in the future is stupid, an injury crisis could happen at any time and how many Scottish keepers are playing in big match situations every week?

Craig Gordon, David Marshall, Neil Alexander (will take over from McShagger at Rangers) will be the 3 keepers. I reckon they're all close to McShagger's level and Gordon is arguably a good bit better than him TBH.

Scotland, and Rangers, are a better side without Ferguson already so his absecne won't be a cause for national mourning. I'd take Hartley & Brown in the centre over Ferguson any day.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:28 am

Right now Gordon can't get a game though - Fulop's keeping him out of the side. Could hurt his chances, especially if the situation continues and Sunderland refuse to sell him.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:31 am

Sweatsock wrote:
    IOV wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:
    Short term, perhaps.

Long term, no way.

Craig Gordon, David Marshall, Neil Alexander (will take over from McShagger at Rangers) will be the 3 keepers. I reckon they're all close to McShagger's level and Gordon is arguably a good bit better than him TBH.

Scotland, and Rangers, are a better side without Ferguson already so his absecne won't be a cause for national mourning. I'd take Hartley & Brown in the centre over Ferguson any day.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:57 am

International Football Thread - Page 2 Flag

cool v
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:54 pm

Serious question...which of these do you think warrants man of the match...

1. Scoring 2 goals and generally being a handful over the full 90 minutes

2. Coming on for 30 minutes to play on the right - BUT NEVER ACTUALLY PLAYING ON THE RIGHT - and some excellent long passes

I think they were right - Bruce wants Becks on loan come January! That and, of course, it's his old united team-mate. It's like the days when Neville only used to see Becks and Scholes when looking for a pass.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:01 am

That was funny! Very Happy

Fabio said that Beckham deserved the man of the match award as much as Obama did the Nobel Peace Prize! Laughing
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:16 pm

Well done FIFA you have your World Cup with the teams you wanted and you can stick it and your crooked play offs up your fucking hole

I used to love watching Henry when he plays but all I'll see when I watch him now is a frustrated Harlem Globetrotter
    MK
    MK

Number of posts : 622
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post  MK Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:53 pm

IOV wrote:Well done FIFA you have your World Cup with the teams you wanted and you can stick it and your crooked play offs up your fucking hole

I used to love watching Henry when he plays but all I'll see when I watch him now is a frustrated Harlem Globetrotter

Agreed. I wasn't too pleased with that result, but obviously not surprised. Can't be a WC without France.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:25 am

I don't remember seeing France in 90 & 94 and they got knocked out of the first round in 2002.

I have to admit that though, I have been wishing that on Scotland for some years! Twisted Evil

Henry, you have no class.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:13 pm