SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+7
IOV
brother of destruction
disco stu
KJ
PeteRoe
Rooq
showstealer
11 posters

Old School - New School - All Respect!

DX-Superkick
    DX-Superkick

Number of posts : 102
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

Old School - New School - All Respect! Empty Old School - New School - All Respect!

Post  DX-Superkick Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:13 am

So what's your stance on the whole New/Old School angle in TNA? Do you think it's interesting, compelling, worth wild, dumb, lame, what?

I think it's a great and interesting angle for TNA. It's serious and it makes me think. It blurs the line between face and heel and it doesn't really give away who is the right or wrong side. On one hand you have Sting who says it's all about respect, Angle and Booker who are bad but don't really outright admit to being in the wrong, and Jarrett who says Sting is full of crap. Then you have AJ and Joe who are the young guys who want to be taken seriously as the new main event, Christian Cage who is a young guy in the middle as he is in his prime, but AJ and Joe aren't, and The MCMGs who show respect to the guys like AJ and Eric Young, but show disdain for Cage and BG James. Then on top of all that, you have Mick Foley coming into the mix.

It all feels like the New Blood vs. Millionaires Club in wCw. Only this one hasn't fell apart. I marked out like a girl when Jarrett mentioned the death of wCw when guys like Hogan, Flair and Nash refused to make way for the future and wCw died as a result. (I oddly see that happening to WWE at the moment: no new stars)
    disco stu
    disco stu

Number of posts : 310

Old School - New School - All Respect! Empty Re: Old School - New School - All Respect!

Post  disco stu Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:51 pm

Well before eveything got deleted, i think the general consencis was Neutral
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Old School - New School - All Respect! Empty Re: Old School - New School - All Respect!

Post  showstealer Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:11 am

People are still watching TNA? No
    Rooq
    Rooq

Number of posts : 588
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  Rooq Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:39 am

Sounds like the Undertakers heel turn years ago in the WWE when he was the ABA and said that he demanded respect and stuff from the young peeps!

Havent seen TNA in ages though, last time was when CM Punk was there!! coor dear..
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  PeteRoe Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:11 am

It doesnt SOUND bad but I would bet that it is.

I aint watched TNA in a couple of weeks though so dont know how it is developing.

Like someone said though...Why is AJ Styles against the Old School when he is a former Champion? Granted he is young and I do get WHY he would be paired with the new school but aint it about TNA as a "we have been here to build this" sorta thing.

Someone who watches it more than I do would do well to interject here.
    KJ
    KJ

Number of posts : 124
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post  KJ Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:14 am

TNA is boring.

Their angles are boring.

And the quality of wrestling is nowhere near as good as RoH or the odd match on WWE.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:05 am

PeteRoe wrote:It doesnt SOUND bad but I would bet that it is.

I aint watched TNA in a couple of weeks though so dont know how it is developing.

Like someone said though...Why is AJ Styles against the Old School when he is a former Champion? Granted he is young and I do get WHY he would be paired with the new school but aint it about TNA as a "we have been here to build this" sorta thing.

Someone who watches it more than I do would do well to interject here.

It isnt original TNA v the newer guys its the young guys v old seemingly and how they wont move aside and let the young guys through. The "we built this" part is about how TNA's most exciting period was when Joe, AJ and Daniels were headling the shows in their X-Divison bouts and they are saying why should they have to show respect to Sting and the guys when basically they carried TNA to where it is now

Sting, Angle and Booker on one side and AJ and fat Joe on the other. Jarret peetering about, Foley appearing for no real reason

Any clearer?
    disco stu
    disco stu

Post  disco stu Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:48 am

Sounds better than the invasion angle.
    DX-Superkick
    DX-Superkick

Post  DX-Superkick Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:03 pm

disco stu wrote:Sounds better than the invasion angle.

It's way better than the Invasion Angle. It's even on all fronts, where in WWE the Invasion Angle had WWE whooping ecWCW at every turn.
    disco stu
    disco stu

Post  disco stu Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:06 pm

The point your missing there is that the Masked Kane Vs Unmasked kane you touched me as a child match was better than the invasion angle.
    brother of destruction
    brother of destruction

Number of posts : 370
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  brother of destruction Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:13 am

I'm honestly really getting into TNA right now. Stopped watching a while back just as Russo was starting to get back. Sure there's an angle or 2 that are terrible (beautifull people & this shite with Lethal & Dutt) although in fairness, Lethal & Dutt are putting good matches on, it's just this shite with Val that's dragging it down.

Really haven't enjoyed Raw in a while & can't think of the last time I saw Smackdown.
    DX-Superkick
    DX-Superkick

Post  DX-Superkick Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:36 am

brother of destruction wrote:I'm honestly really getting into TNA right now.

Yeah I say if TNA can keep this up, then they have a shot at taking over, the WWE has really lost a step. They're trying to get it back a little by pushing smaller guys but it's not working cause you still have those few giants there killing guys at every turn. TNA is getting the new guys into the spot light now and pushing the old guys out, on tv, something WWE won't do as long as Vince has his head up his ass.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:36 am

How are they pushing the old guys out when Sting and Nash are heavily involved in the main event and although i wouldnt consider them old so are Angle and Booker?

Plus Jarrett just came back and Foley is soon to make his debut, thats hardly showing them the door!

TNA are still a long way away from taking on the WWE and shouldnt bother themselves trying to go head to head with them, they'd be better served firing out good shows on a consistent basis then maybe they can take on the WWE
    Bradshaw101
    Bradshaw101

Number of posts : 163

Post  Bradshaw101 Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:59 am

IOV wrote:How are they pushing the old guys out when Sting and Nash are heavily involved in the main event and although i wouldnt consider them old so are Angle and Booker?

This is an angle - so for the new guys to win, the old guys have to be there to be beaten.

IOV wrote:Plus Jarrett just came back and Foley is soon to make his debut, thats hardly showing them the door!

A lot of these guys are still valuable to the company, albeit in reduced roles in the case of Nash and Sting. Firing them isn't the right move at all.

IOV wrote:TNA are still a long way away from taking on the WWE and shouldnt bother themselves trying to go head to head with them, they'd be better served firing out good shows on a consistent basis then maybe they can take on the WWE

How is this trying to go head to head with WWE? This isn't VKM trying to "invade" house shows, this is putting on a big angle with all the main players of the promotion. Done right, this could be like WWF 1997 again, which was Russo's definite high period.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:19 pm

I didnt say they were going head to head with the WWE, Superkick said they had a shot at taking over i said they hadnt not for a while yet and they shouldnt waste their time thinking like that untill they can cosistetly churn out good shows so please dont dissect my post to stroke your ego you cock rat. Have a nice day Very Happy
    Bradshaw101
    Bradshaw101

Post  Bradshaw101 Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:09 pm

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd... there it is. The first whiny fuckwitted "Someone disagrees with me! I must call them names!" post of the new Smash. Well done, and fuck off.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:36 pm

Get used to them theres gonna be a whole lot more and if you carry on like this they will all be in your direction
    DX-Superkick
    DX-Superkick

Post  DX-Superkick Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:30 pm

Please, take that to the asylum, copy and move it there so this place can stay clean. We had a great back and forth going and it got a little derailed, just stay on topic.
    Bradshaw101
    Bradshaw101

Post  Bradshaw101 Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:30 pm

IOV wrote:Get used to them theres gonna be a whole lot more and if you carry on like this they will all be in your direction

Or you could try having an actual discussion. Might be a bit taxing on you though, requires brains.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:25 am

Bradshaw101 wrote:
    IOV wrote:Get used to them theres gonna be a whole lot more and if you carry on like this they will all be in your direction

Or you could try having an actual discussion. Might be a bit taxing on you though, requires brains.

Oh right i get it I have no brain, yes very funny, well done. Cock rat.
    brother of destruction
    brother of destruction

Post  brother of destruction Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:43 am

DX-Superkick wrote:Please, take that to the asylum, copy and move it there so this place can stay clean. We had a great back and forth going and it got a little derailed, just stay on topic.

Well that worked... Wink

WWE has been in cruise control for so long, it's difficult to really get going again. WWE had a very hot period around 99/00 where every PPV was unmissable. When ECW & WCW went under, they had no competition. Wresters had nowhere to go if they weren't happy, there was no rival for viewers or PPV buys. Vince stopped taking risks & a lot of the PPV's started to feel phoned in. Why risk a top guy getting hurt in a big spot when people will buy the PPV anyway? House shows & Raw stopped being exciting.

TNA on the other hand have to put on fast paced shows because they're still a growing brand. Me, Sweatsock & Garibaldi went down to Liverpool for the TNA house show. Absolutlely loved it. You wouldn't have felt conned had that been on PPV. But if they're doing every show at that kinda pace, they're going to start to lose guys to injuries. Big Hernandez was limping big style after the show. One or 2 others seemed beat up too. TNA at the moment can't phone in a show, which is why they're IMO the more exciting brand to watch. Whether they'll be able to keep the pace up is another matter.
    Lex
    Lex

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Lex Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:36 pm

TNA house shows sound like ROH shows, but their TV is still like WCW. If their TV was more like their house shows, then I'd be a heck of a lot more interested!
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401

Post  Garibaldi Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:11 pm

brother of destruction wrote:
    DX-Superkick wrote:Please, take that to the asylum, copy and move it there so this place can stay clean. We had a great back and forth going and it got a little derailed, just stay on topic.

Well that worked... Wink

Yeah, self policing is something I'm hoping will catch on to an extent. If not then I'll set up a couple of mods and we'll make the decisions on that one, DX.

So play nice, kiddies and I won't send you to the naugfhty corner...
    brother of destruction
    brother of destruction

Post  brother of destruction Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:48 am

Lex wrote:TNA house shows sound like ROH shows, but their TV is still like WCW. If their TV was more like their house shows, then I'd be a heck of a lot more interested!

Having watched my first Bound for Glory this year, tbh I felt quite let down. It was a very good PPV in it's own right, don't get me wrong. It just didn't feel much bigger than what they're doing on TV. As much as WWE get wrong, Wrestlemania always feels special & something really important. The standard on that is way higher than what they do on PPV or TV. TNA has a consistent standard, but they struggled to really make their most important PPV feel any better than any of the others IMO. Like I said, I really enjoyed it, but it just didn't take it up as much as I'd hoped.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:57 am