SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

4 posters

Tony Adams Sacked

PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Tony Adams Sacked Empty Tony Adams Sacked

Post  PeteRoe Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:19 pm

Pretty much confirmed that this is going to be announced tomorrow officially.

Feel sorry for him. He is honest but I dont think this was for him. Bad timing after having to lose a couple of big players and not really replacing them.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Tony Adams Sacked Empty Re: Tony Adams Sacked

Post  IOV Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:35 pm

PeteRoe wrote:Pretty much confirmed that this is going to be announced tomorrow officially.

Feel sorry for him. He is honest but I dont think this was for him. Bad timing after having to lose a couple of big players and not really replacing them.

He's a cock, he had a pretty good set up there when he took over from Redknapp but he might as well have packed Diarra and Defoes suitcases when he said he wouldnt stop them from leaving. He's turned Distin into a quivering mess as well. I thought he would do well there but maybe its time Donkey realised this management malarkey isnt for him

Post  Guest Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:42 pm

Yeah. I think he could make a great coach given his unparalleled (except possibly by Bobby Moore) ability to read a game but that's not a great deal of help as a manager who's off the field.
    brother of destruction
    brother of destruction

Number of posts : 370
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  brother of destruction Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:13 am

I honestly thought it was a questionable appointment in the first place. Adams's track record in management wasn't great to begin with, so you did wonder why Pompey offered him the job. From Adams's point of view, the money had dried up, they were coming off the best season they've ever had. Players were going to be going & he was always going to struggle to match the high's of last season at the best of times.

He's hardly had a fair crack of the whip, but he should never have been given or taken the job in the first place IMO.
    Dr Hellwig PhD
    Dr Hellwig PhD

Number of posts : 217
    Location : Perpetually moving through shitholes. Or Polmont and Croy as they are otherwise known
    Registration date : 2008-10-28

Post  Dr Hellwig PhD Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:55 pm

Gus MacPherson for the Pompey job.

He's a stick on.

Or, yes, Glenn Hoddle.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:29 pm