SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+8
Ram Jam
PeteRoe
The Stig
Garibaldi
showstealer
The Ayatollah
The Phenom
Shaun2J
12 posters

Chris Jericho gets in a tussle with a fan and her friend.

Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Chris Jericho gets in a tussle with a fan and her friend. Empty Chris Jericho gets in a tussle with a fan and her friend.

Post  Shaun2J Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:08 am

This afternoon after the WWE house show in Victoria, my girlfriend and I went to see the wrestlers leave the arena (this was my girlfriend's first WWE event and she wanted to see them leave). The following is exactly what happened right in front of me and about another 50 wrestling fans who happened to be there are well:

Chris Jericho exited the building, and walked over to his white rental vehicle. The crowd watching him leave was heckling him, but he was ignoring it. He gets in his vehicle and drives out of the arena parking lot, right past the crowd of us. As Jericho stops at a stop sign, a fan runs into the street and starts banging on his rental vehicle. At this point about 50 people rush into the middle of the intersection, blocking traffic in several directions, with no police and very inadequate and incompetent security (no WWE security guards period). My girlfriend and I were literally in the very front of the crowd, and this all went down literally five feet away from us.

Chris Jericho opens the door to his vehicle in the middle of the road, and the fan shuts the door back on him. Jericho then gets out of the vehicle completely, and punches the fan in the face! This prompts another fan to jump in (he was friends with the first) and attack Jericho, and Jericho scuffles with the second guy. At this point, a woman who knows the second guy who attacked Jericho starts to jump in and get in Jericho's face (because he was fighting her friend).

This is where the Save on Foods Rent-A-Security Guards stopped standing around watching this happen (I swear they thought they were watching a wrestling angle or something), and stepped in to separate Jericho and the woman, who was shoving him. Looking at Jericho's face he was obviously ready to explode and was restraining himself...but then the shitstorm happened...

He spit in the girl's face, and called her a "****ing bitch". The woman then spit in Jericho's face. Jericho then started cursing out the woman some more, and was getting ready to go back into his vehicle (as all of this is still happening in the middle of the road). While he was turning to go into his vehicle, one of the guys he was fighting shoved Jericho against his car. Another guy then shoved Jericho, and that time he bumped his head on the top of his vehicle. This was where Jericho seriously snapped.

After bumping his head, Jericho went into a shitstorm, throwing and swinging at everybody around him. He knocked one guy to the ground, told another fan that he was going to "****ing kill you". The woman who got spit on was still yelling at Jericho, so he piefaced her away from him (because the arena security couldn't keep them separated). As soon as he put his hands on the woman, ANOTHER fan jumps in and starts swinging at Jericho. Jericho grabs the guy and starts throwing him to the ground, and at this point I have to yank my girlfriend out of the way and into some other people because Jericho had literally thrown himself and the other guy into our direction and we would of been knocked down by the scuffle.

The arena security try again at this point to regain order, and two of them grab Jericho and start yelling at him to calm down, to which Jericho responds by taking a swing at one of the security guards and yelling at them to "do your ****ing job and get the ****ing police here". Then he shoves the second guard to the ground and tells him to "stay the **** off me".

Well, as that happens, the chick lunges at Jericho AGAIN, and this time Jericho actually punches the woman in the face, and shoves her to the ground. This stunned everyone, and the girl's friends ended up jumping in trying to fight Jericho, to which he fought all of them off, then storms into his vehicle swearing and speeds off, running through a stop sign in the process.

This whole thing happened over the span of about 5 minutes (of the street being blocked by this ordeal), and the woman ended up calling the cops on Jericho. They arrived 5 minutes after Jericho left, complete with a Paddy Wagon. The WWE's head of security did not see the incident, so he was there trying to figure out what happened along with the cops at the same time while yapping on his cell phone, and the woman is pressing charges against Jericho. As crazy and unbelievable this sounds, it can all be backed up with whatever police report was filed on the scene this afternoon.

I hope this made sense, as a lot of stuff happened. If you have any questions or need clarification, just ask. This was taped by several people with cell phone cameras, but there were only 50 people down there so I hope the video makes it way to the internet. Regardless, this went down as one of the craziest things I have ever seen in my life (even if it didn't involve Chris Jericho), and Jericho could be in some serious legal trouble over this one; although he was provoked, he seriously snapped and crossed the line.

What can I say? Kayfabe lives!

Chris Jericho gets in a tussle with a fan and her friend. Empty Re: Chris Jericho gets in a tussle with a fan and her friend.

Post  Guest Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:12 am

Wooooooooah... not good! Shocked
    The Phenom
    The Phenom

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Chris Jericho gets in a tussle with a fan and her friend. Empty Re: Chris Jericho gets in a tussle with a fan and her friend.

Post  The Phenom Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:13 am

That is pretty insane. I'd imagine this doesn't end too well for Jericho, but I don't understand why people would provoke him like this.
    Shaun2J

Post  Shaun2J Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:18 am

Here's a shorter report.

The following is a live account from a WZ reader who witnessed Chris Jericho and a fan getting into an altercation during a recent Jericho appearance. Following the testamonial is a video of the incident.

"I was a witness to a fight between a crazed fan and Chris Jericho after the show on Feb. 7th 2009 in Victoria BC. Chris Jericho was in his white SUV and leaving the arena when a crazed fan started chasing after his car and pounded on the window. Jericho was stuck in traffic and the car came to a stop, and then the fan pulled on the door and it opened! Jericho stopped his car and came out to pose for pics, when suddenly the same fan lunged for him and Chris Jericho threw a punch in self defense! A woman was pushed into Jericho as well and security was pretty lax, but finally they pulled the fan away and Chris was able to get into his SUV and drive safely away. The police arrived shortly after and hopefully arrested the fan for asult. Chris Jericho had taunted the fans in the show saying that he would take on anyone, but this fan took him seriously. Glad that Jericho got away unharmed!!! It was very intense!!!"
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Number of posts : 253

Post  PeteRoe Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:04 am

WOAH!

He completely lost it there!

Everyone is in the wrong here. There is no real excusing that.

Why does that girl feel the need to lunge for him? From what I heard she was asking him for a picture and he then turns to go back in his car and then feels someone on his back and lashes out. Also, the dude in the black T shirt trying to be a hero and going for Jericho...what was he thinking? There are 2 big security guys and a guy who is as tough as old boots in Jericho.

The whole thing is mad. Any one see this being blown up in the media at all?
    Shaun2J

Post  Shaun2J Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:17 am

He was provoked and taunted by the man in the black shirt. His girlfriend joined in on the act, till the point were Jericho exploded. Which was a bit wrong but who wouldn't have done the same?
    Everyone else wanted photos, which from reports he was happily giving out until they spoiled the fun.

I reckon it'll get minor media coverage, although it's all over the net. Those fans will probably go to court but they'll probably go out with empty hands or very little.
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Post  PeteRoe Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:33 am

I probably would have lashed out too to be honest.

The girl had a Cena T Shirt on so she deserved to be bitch slapped.*

*I of course do no condone the use of violence on women...just Cena fans.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:41 am

Rated PG
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:48 am

Wont defend him lashing out, but where the fuck was security?? Some wrestling fans think they can do whatever they want and behave like arseholes. The big man in the black tshirt..real tough guy Laughing The girl'll prob get free WWE tix for life or some crap
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Post  PeteRoe Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:44 am

The security were just standing there letting it all unfold.

Looked totally inept.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:31 am

Heckling is fine, but stopping him from getting home and assaulting him. Not cool. Shame he hit the girl as that will single handily sway people's opinion of the incident.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:00 am

Spot on stealer. His defence will be that he assumed he was going to be assaulted by more people, but it's unfortunate that no-one will look beyond gender.

I see a humiliating loss or three on the way for him as his push gets stalled as punishment. With this footage she won't get anything - she's heard verbally abusing him and stating she's with he guy who'd already tussled with him, but they might try to tarnish her image more by offering a payment to a charity of her choice as an apology - turn it down and opinion will go back againstr her.
    The Stig
    The Stig

Number of posts : 705

Post  The Stig Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:45 pm

ShowStealer wrote:Heckling is fine, but stopping him from getting home and assaulting him. Not cool. Shame he hit the girl as that will single handily sway people's opinion of the incident.

I applaud him for treating her as an equal. I can see Chris Jericho is a man who believes in equal rights and I believe he should be commended for such a public display of this.
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Post  PeteRoe Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:35 pm

Yeah but violence shouldnt be the way to show it surely?

Aint seen much of this being reported on media sites as of yet but I am sure we will soon. The wrestling community obviously appears to be backing Jericho all the way.

Last edited by PeteRoe on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ram Jam

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2009-01-26

Post  Ram Jam Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:47 pm

I saw the first clip a few times yesterday, and figured that he was acting in self-defense from that one guy who went after him. But after taking a closer look, I can understand why that guy would be kinda pissed, seeing as Jericho took a swing at her. That's pretty dumb on the girl's part, and possibly Jericho's. In his defense, did he know that some girl was pushing him? His back was turned, so who knows if he had any idea who was pushing him. Who knows? I think Jericho will probably get minor punishment, at least, but hopefully nothing too major; seems like self-defense to me.

The security for him deserve to be fired, what idiots.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998

Post  IOV Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:24 pm

PeteRoe wrote:Yeah but violence surely shouldnt be the way to show it surely?

Aint seen much of this being reported on media sites as of yet but I am sure we will soon. The wrestling community obviously appears to be backing Jericho all the way.

He's a wrestler violence is what he does, she's just lucky she didnt get her head put through the Jeri-tron

Chris Jericho v Christian Bale at Wrestlemania book it!
    Shane McMahon
    Shane McMahon

Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2008-10-12

Post  Shane McMahon Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:51 pm

I agree with The Stig. Women always complain about equal rites but then they'll whine when they get thumped like an equal Mad
    Dr Hellwig PhD
    Dr Hellwig PhD

Number of posts : 217
    Location : Perpetually moving through shitholes. Or Polmont and Croy as they are otherwise known
    Registration date : 2008-10-28

Post  Dr Hellwig PhD Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:51 am

I don't understand. There wasn't all this fuss when Jericho hit Shawn Michaels' wife in the face.

They just wrestled a bit. No cops came and that was aired on TV as well!

Double standards...
    burt_gummer_save_us
    burt_gummer_save_us

Number of posts : 22
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  burt_gummer_save_us Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:36 am

This just makes me love Jericho even more. I just hope he doesn't get into any shit for this when he gets back to work. I expect this to at least get a mention on Raw on Monday. I hope so. In fact, I think Jericho ought to jump into the audience in a fit of rage and beat the shit out of anyone in his path. That'd be a ratings winner. I expect more people have watched that clip on youtube than the total number of viewers on iMPACT and ECW put together, although that's probably not too difficult to do.
    Shaun2J

Post  Shaun2J Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:15 am

TMZ reported on it, to which WWE made a statement.

"After leaving a live event in Victoria, British Columbia on Saturday evening, Chris Jericho's car was attacked by a mob when he was stopped at a stop sign. Unable to proceed, Chris Jericho exited his car to ask the crowd to clear a path so he could continue through the intersection. A man and a woman physically and verbally assaulted Mr. Jericho. Arena and WWE security arrived to establish enough order to allow Mr. Jericho to re-enter his vehicle and depart. The local police arrived minutes later. Mr. Jericho was unharmed in the incident. The WWE is working with local authorities who are investigating the incident to identify the man and woman who fled the scene."

Agree with Burt Gummer, I think Ric Flair will mention it like Edge did with Flair's road rage a few years ago.
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Post  PeteRoe Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:25 am

Like how they refer to him as Mr Jericho as if it is his real name.
    Ram Jam

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2009-01-26

Post  Ram Jam Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:04 pm

Heh, I thought that was kinda funny, too. I'm pretty sure his name is Chris Irvine, and I thought his dad played for a few NHL teams.

From what it sounds like, he probably won't get any punishment and it sounds like WWE might be taking his side.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401

Post  Garibaldi Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:56 pm

Ram Jam wrote:Heh, I thought that was kinda funny, too. I'm pretty sure his name is Chris Irvine, and I thought his dad played for a few NHL teams.

From what it sounds like, he probably won't get any punishment and it sounds like WWE might be taking his side.

Correct, his dad was playing for the Rangers whe he was born IIRC, which was how he came to be born in the US.

And they're backing him publicly, but I reckon he'll probably get a really embarassing loss or two just to give him a wrist slap for getting involved so publicly
    Dr Hellwig PhD
    Dr Hellwig PhD

Number of posts : 217
    Location : Perpetually moving through shitholes. Or Polmont and Croy as they are otherwise known
    Registration date : 2008-10-28

Post  Dr Hellwig PhD Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:32 am

Garibaldi wrote:
    Ram Jam wrote:Heh, I thought that was kinda funny, too. I'm pretty sure his name is Chris Irvine, and I thought his dad played for a few NHL teams.

Correct, his dad was playing for the Rangers whe he was born IIRC, which was how he came to be born in the US.

And they're backing him publicly, but I reckon he'll probably get a really embarassing loss or two just to give him a wrist slap for getting involved so publicly

Mickey Rourke going over at Wrestlemania after all?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:32 am