SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+4
ThatChumpStain
Outlaw2x4
Shaun2J
Dr Hellwig PhD
8 posters

Batista out for 6-8 months

Dr Hellwig PhD
    Dr Hellwig PhD

Number of posts : 217
    Location : Perpetually moving through shitholes. Or Polmont and Croy as they are otherwise known
    Registration date : 2008-10-28

Batista out for 6-8 months Empty Batista out for 6-8 months

Post  Dr Hellwig PhD Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:53 am

Pwinsider.com wrote:Last week's main event angle, where Randy Orton kicked Batista in the head, was an angle to write Batista off of the show for a long period of time. Batista was having hamstring issues on the recent European tour, and those issues got much worse when he returned to the US. The plan is for Batista to have surgery soon, which could see him miss anywhere from 6-8 months. WWE is planning for a return no earlier than June, but possibly as late as August.

Batista has a history of muscle tears, as he has suffered two torn triceps injuries as well as torn lat muscles. With this most recent injury, all WrestleMania plans that had him involved will have to be changed.

Looks like the heavens are shining down on us and have saved us from the 25th anniversary show being headlined by Cena/Batista.

I have no idea what they'll do at Mania now. Assuming it's someone on RAW the only really viable options are Orton and Jericho both of whom have been done to death with Cena
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Batista out for 6-8 months Empty Re: Batista out for 6-8 months

Post  Shaun2J Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:16 am

Had Batista on my list for the Royal Rumble win but now it's all open.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:26 am

The WM main event is saved thank god.
    ThatChumpStain
    ThatChumpStain

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post  ThatChumpStain Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:20 pm

It's what you get for taking too many steroids.
    Spoiler:
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:30 pm

Outlaw2x4 wrote:The WM main event is saved thank god.

What if they replace him with Hogan? Or Khali? or Jim Duggan?!

Batista isnt great but he can put on a good match with the right opponent and didnt he put in a stellar performance against Taker in the Mania main event two years ago so he has prior.

I think thats the first time i ever used stellar in a post, it feels dirty Crying or Very sad
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664

Post  Outlaw2x4 Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:36 pm

IOV wrote:
    Outlaw2x4 wrote:The WM main event is saved thank god.

What if they replace him with Hogan? Or Khali? or Jim Duggan?!

Batista isnt great but he can put on a good match with the right opponent and didnt he put in a stellar performance against Taker in the Mania main event two years ago so he has prior.

I think thats the first time i ever used stellar in a post, it feels dirty Crying or Very sad

Yeah but it was really looking like a Cena Batista main event, and since I'm going to WM this year I didnt want to have to sit through that. At least now Cena will prob get an opponant who can carry him to a decent match. Batista never could have done that.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:42 pm

I still think they may actually headline the show with a non-title match.

There's no Raw title match that still has any air of excitement about it, and I could see the Smackdown picture soldifying as Jeff v Edge.

But I think both would be trumped by a HHH v Taker rematch 8 years on from the classic at 17. IIRC they've only really had a single 1-on-1 match (to a no-finish) since the invasion aftermath, so it's their two biggest stars in a match we havent seen, and a convincing opponent for Taker to boot. Of the three options, there's my main event right there. Plus if HHH is bled off from the title picture as Edge comes to the fore, then it's an easy set-up.

And my guess for the Rumble - Edge.
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Number of posts : 253

Post  PeteRoe Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:17 pm

HHH vs Taker would actually be a good one to have on the card as I suppose there would be a doubt if Taker could maintain his streak. I want HBK vs Taker as when they were the final two in the Rumble last year it was an amazing finish to what wasa very good Rumble.

I wouldnt mind Orton vs Cena as far as the RAW title match goes and Hardy vs Edge for the WWE title. Would be pleased if we get those 2 matches for sure.
    Mtank325
    Mtank325

Number of posts : 275
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post  Mtank325 Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:22 pm

I thought the way they wrote him off was kind of poor. I understand you're limited in your options but the kick wasn't much of anything.

Isn't he a bit up there in age as well? I understand some wrestlers seem to be age-proof but in other contact sports its a miracle to still be a backup let alone an every week guy.
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Number of posts : 253

Post  PeteRoe Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:46 pm

Think he was 39 when he won the title so that should make him about 42.

He is injury prone and this injury will mess him up pretty bad considering his age also.

Was always going to have a short time at the top I felt. He will still be there when he gets back but I do not feel that he will be anywhere near the main event in 2-3 years (if he is still about that is)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:19 am