SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+6
The Stig
KJ
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Shaun2J
The Ayatollah
meanie
10 posters

Brock Lesnar - New UFC Heavyweight Champion

The Stig
    The Stig

Number of posts : 705
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Brock Lesnar - New UFC Heavyweight Champion Empty Brock Lesnar - New UFC Heavyweight Champion

Post  The Stig Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:00 pm

I'm still in shock. I thought Couture would win easily, but it seemed like Lesnar had him from the very start.

It'll be interesting to see if Mir beats Nogueira and we get the Lesnar/Mir rematch so soon.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Brock Lesnar - New UFC Heavyweight Champion Empty Re: Brock Lesnar - New UFC Heavyweight Champion

Post  showstealer Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:38 am

Spoiler:
    The Stig
    The Stig

Brock Lesnar - New UFC Heavyweight Champion Empty Re: Brock Lesnar - New UFC Heavyweight Champion

Post  The Stig Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:45 am

Oh, I'm so sorry for discussing UFC in a the UFC forum. Rolling Eyes
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:55 am

I haven't seen the event yet! Mad

Why didn't you call the thread UFC 91*contains spoiler* like anyone else would have? Evil or Very Mad
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:56 am

ShowStealer wrote:I haven't seen the event yet! Mad

Why didn't you call the thread UFC 91*contains spoiler* like anyone else would have? Evil or Very Mad

Why didn't you avoid the UFC forum, like anyone else would have?
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:29 am

Because I didn't expect idiots like you to do something like that.
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:30 am

ShowStealer wrote:Because I didn't expect idiots like you to do something like that.

Very Happy

Now maybe you could contribute to the actual topic instead of trying to blame others for your own stupidity?
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:23 am

Stupid?

You're the one asking me to contribute to a thread that's on something I haven't yet seen! Suspect
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:27 am

ShowStealer wrote:Stupid?

You're the one asking me to contribute to a thread that's on something I haven't yet seen! Suspect

Considering how much of a strop you got in regarding being 'spoiled', you sure are taking your time to watch it.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:08 am

Where can I watch it? I can't find it uploaded anywhere, the event isn't even 12 hours old.
    meanie
    meanie

Number of posts : 55

Post  meanie Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:11 am

Matt Brown! Matt Brown! Matt Brown~~!

On of the best UFC events yet Very Happy
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:49 am

ShowStealer wrote:Where can I watch it? I can't find it uploaded anywhere, the event isn't even 12 hours old.

https://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/lesnar%2Bcouture/video/x7f6qw_randy-couture-vs-brock-lesnar-tz1_sport

Uploaded 5 hours ago. Do try harder next time. Smile
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:13 am

Cheers for the link man...good fight!
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:09 am

Cheers for the clip it was a very good fight.

For some reason it works on IE but not firefox. confused
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Shaun2J Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:21 am

ShowStealer wrote:Cheers for the clip it was a very good fight.

For some reason it works on IE but not firefox. confused

Got the same problem, says I need to refresh...oh well.
    Mr Torrie Wilson
    Mr Torrie Wilson

Number of posts : 302
    Registration date : 2008-10-03

Post  Mr Torrie Wilson Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:57 am

Come on Show Stealer, why would you even come into the MMA zone the day after this PPV if you haven't seen it? What else were people going to be talking about in here today?

Anyway, outstanding PPV in my opinion. Gutted for Couture obviously, but Lesnar winning the title was an inevitability down the road. The first round was a real interesting one as Couture seemed to have an answer to Brock's problems. I don't rate Mir as having any chance against Nog. And I just don't think at this stage of the game that Lesnar will be able to stop Nog from submitting him. He's going to have to have a real good gameplan for that fight.

Never mind, Ken-Flo won so I'm still happy.
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian

Number of posts : 480

Post  Hector_Nicols_Accordian Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:55 am

Mr Torrie Wilson wrote:Come on Show Stealer, why would you even come into the MMA zone the day after this PPV if you haven't seen it? What else were people going to be talking about in here today?

Maybe he clicks on view posts since last visit when he comes on the forum like I do and couldn't help but read the spoiler.

I don't care though.
    Mr Torrie Wilson
    Mr Torrie Wilson

Post  Mr Torrie Wilson Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:01 pm

Maybe he does but you would have thought he would have said so by now. Anyway, the event aired in the UK last night, I don't see how the spoiler rule would apply.
    EdgeRulez
    EdgeRulez

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2008-11-03

Post  EdgeRulez Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:00 pm

We have never had to use "spoilers" in any PPV for the WWE, why would we have to here?

The fight was a great one and exactly what I suspected. I love Couture but he was clearly out matched before the fight even started. Maybe Randy in his glory days could of stopped Lesnar but even then it would be an uphill battle. Lesnar is just to fast, strong, freakish and agile to lose to Couture right now.

The only chance Randy had was capitalizing on any mistakes Lesnar made or landing a lucky strike to split him open and have the fight stopped. Thought that was going to happen when he cut Lesnar above the right eye. So unfortunately for Randy that mistake never really came.

I wonder how the UFC is going to proceed from here with Lesnar the champ?

Did anyone see the final buy rate for this one? I heard rumors of 2.1.

Cant wait until Dec 27th. Mir vs Nogueira, Jackson vs Silva, Griffin vs Evans and another fight that seems to be getting little hype but should be a good one is Hamill vs Andy.

Also looking forward to teh Jan 31st bout of GPS vs Penn.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:02 pm

Just to clarify this is what happens...

Showstealer logs on to smash (for the record this is done automatically as my password is saved.)

Showstealer views the forums that have new posts .

The last of which is the UFC/MMA forum.

Obviously a lot of talk about the previous nights PPV would have been discussed there. ShowStealer doesn't register this as an issue, believing an event this size would of had its own thread with a few weeks build up. (for the record ShowStealer doesn't visit this forum very often as he is just a casual fan interested in the main event.)

Showstealer see a thread saying Brock Lesnar new champion.

Showstealer is disappointed, calls the thread maker a cunt.

Showstealer is also surprised that there was no build up thread.

Showstealer makes himself a cup for tea. (for the record it was white with no sugar.)
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:17 am

K.

Now try staying on topic?
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:51 am

Well there's been a lot more discussion on this thread about the spoiler debate than the actual match/ppv. Infact, the person who made the thread has only produced one post about Brock themselves.

I reckon that there will be a rematch in the not so distance future where Randy will get the strap back until then I'm not sure if anyone will be able to beat Brock for seems to be on a bit of a run. Clearly he is a great wrestler being a former NCAA champion and his stand up & ground and pound was there for everyone to see on Saturday and how long has he been doing that for, a couple of years? He's become a decent mix martial artists, although I still think Randy could beat him in rematch.

I wonder if Angle will try and use the fact that he has beaten the UFC heavyweight champion in his TNA promos. I reckon he will.
    KJ
    KJ

Number of posts : 124
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post  KJ Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:01 am

It was an excellent fight and was great to see the audience so heavily involved again.

Pleased that Brock is showing the naysayers that he is the real deal...his next fight will be his toughest.
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:41 am

ShowStealer wrote:Well there's been a lot more discussion on this thread about the spoiler debate than the actual match/ppv. Infact, the person who made the thread has only produced one post about Brock themselves.

The whole discussion on the thread being a spoiler is solely down to you and your idiocy and you incompetency. I think you'll find nobody else sided with you on that, yet you continued to make a fuss.

I gave my thoughts on Brock in my very first post, and had it not been for your insult, I wouldn't have felt the need to post off-topic messages in this thread.

~~~~~

Back on topic:

I think the best case scenario for Lesnar is for Mir to beat Noguiera, otherwise I don't think he stands a chance of making it past his first defence, like MTW said. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing either fight. Smile
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:49 am

Last edited by ShowStealer on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    disco stu
    disco stu

Number of posts : 310
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

Post  disco stu Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:24 am

Jesus both of you shut up! I know nothing about UFC, but i'm intersted because of Brock. So i want to see what the folks here that do know about it think.
    EdgeRulez
    EdgeRulez

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2008-11-03

Post  EdgeRulez Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:23 pm

I am very curious to see how Dana handles Brock as a champion. I think for the good of the company he has to protect him for a few months so he can make some good money off of him.

I don't think Randy will step into the UFC ring again, might be wrong about that but he already is past his glory days and I don't think people will be excited to see rematch between them. Perhaps if he had lasted 4 rounds or so and it was a well paced back and forth match people may be interested but he was dominated and almost no offense and his defense let him down. Sadly Randy should be done.

As for another Mir fight.... I think it is to close to their last one and one that would make a better draw if they waited at least 6 months to a year before they face off again. However, lots of stuff could happen between now and then that may ruin it but if handled right it would be a huge fight. That is of course if Mir beats Noguiera. Bets situation would be for that fight to be a long 5 round decision so they could have a rematch that would be a good draw. I am sure they can protect Lesnar as a champ by feeding him some guys he should run over pretty easily. I see this whole Lesnar as champ thing being very similar to Mike Tyson in is start to be champ. A young power house with great draw potential that will rip through the second tier fighters while the top tier fighters get in line for the large events and payoffs.
    Mr Torrie Wilson
    Mr Torrie Wilson

Post  Mr Torrie Wilson Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:32 am

EdgeRulez wrote:That is of course if Mir beats Noguiera. Bets situation would be for that fight to be a long 5 round decision so they could have a rematch that would be a good draw.

Mir isn't going five rounds with anyone at this stage. He would struggle to go five rounds if each round was a minute long.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:39 am