SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

5 posters

The Undertaker's ongoing knee problems

Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

The Undertaker's ongoing knee problems Empty The Undertaker's ongoing knee problems

Post  Shaun2J Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:46 am

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Undertaker was noticeably limping in the ring during certain spots in his matches on the overseas tour last week as one of his knees is bothering him. Taker had arthroscopic surgery during his time off and his knee was in worse shape than first thought. Additionally, he's in the beginning stages of arthritis. Following surgery, the expectation was that he'd be ready to return for good at his Hell in a Cell match with Edge at SummerSlam, but he took a few more weeks off from doing anything physical. Despite the lingering injury, he's still being booked on house shows in tag matches and his TV taping dark matches are usually kept short. It's been noted that he's often in tremendous pain backstage, but never complains about it and usually doesn't show it in the ring.

It's been tossed around that the knee injury is about but it seems like the day is nearing to when Taker will be retiring.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

The Undertaker's ongoing knee problems Empty Re: The Undertaker's ongoing knee problems

Post  Garibaldi Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:32 pm

First step to protecting him should surely be to do what they dd after his big injury in 99/2000 - stop using the tombstone except for special occasions. Talk about an impact move to the knees.

But I could see this being targetted for a WMXXV retirement. It's in Texas, isn't it, so it's as near as he'll get to a high profile home send-off. Someone like MVP or Kennedy, even with a loss, could be well elevated by a good feud with him as a send-off, but it will probably be a programme with Trips - which doesn't need a belt so there's no issue with him retiring as champ.

As long as it's not Koslov or Umaga, anyway.
    disco stu
    disco stu

Number of posts : 310
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

The Undertaker's ongoing knee problems Empty Re: The Undertaker's ongoing knee problems

Post  disco stu Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:10 am

You talk like that about Umaga again and me you will have problems.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:08 am

I just don't see him as capable of having a real WM quality match wth taker. We've seen too many big men have sub-par WM matches with him. Not knocking him, I just don't think he'd compliment him enough to give him a worthy send-off.

Plus if Jeff and Cena can beat him, some of the aura of invincibilty is gone. We'll be back to "undertaker can't win because he can't lift him for (insert finisher here)" - which always ends with taker lifting them anyway
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Shaun2J Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:23 am

I'd call for a change of schedule, he doesn't really need to work after show dark matches. Same with the house shows.
    Lex
    Lex

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Lex Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:52 am

Undertaker vs. Umaga could be all kinds of awesome. Just a shame that Taker is not in the kind of condition to make the most of this. I see Umaga vs. Taker being like the early Taker vs. Mankind matches - lots of brawling and lots of plunder!
    KJ
    KJ

Number of posts : 124
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post  KJ Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:10 am

I think he'll continue to work part-time until his Wrestlemania streak is at 20-0. This could mean that he retires but makes the odd appearance in the run up to 'Mania in the same way Austin and The Rock have done previously.

Interesting to see where the power swing goes as a result.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:03 pm

Lex wrote:Undertaker vs. Umaga a few years back could have been all kinds of awesome. Just a shame that Taker is not in the kind of condition to make the most of this. I see Umaga vs. Taker being like the early Taker vs. Mankind matches - lots of brawling and lots of plunder!

fixed.

A few years ago, when taker was fit enough to have extended high impact feuds with most people, this would have been great, yes, but now that he's suffering more, I think he'd be less capable of working a long feud and adapting to Umaga's high-impact but low technical style

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:49 pm