SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+28
Bradshaw101
Sweatsock
zhukov
Ram Jam
The Ayatollah
The Phenom
The Stig
ThatChumpStain
IOV
Shane McMahon
Dr Hellwig PhD
showstealer
PeteRoe
chr1s
Mezzy
James*
'Dub
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
fernzy
Crippin
The Real BIG BOSS MAN
DX-Superkick
Outlaw2x4
Shaun2J
disco stu
KJ
Rooq
MarkFromGoldenplec
32 posters

Official WWE rumour thread

Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Official WWE rumour thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Official WWE rumour thread

Post  Shaun2J Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:01 am

Molly Holly & Victoria are also in.
    Shaun2J

Post  Shaun2J Thu May 07, 2009 8:37 am

Jeez, try and put some life in here when not in the whole forum.

In a new shoot interview with RFVideo.com, Bob "Hardcore" Holly, who was released in January, talked in detail about his firing. He blamed Ken Kennedy saying he took some pain pills from Kennedy's bag at a show and Kennedy ratted him out to management. Subsequently he was removed from television and released. Holly threatened in the interview that if he ever crosses path with Kennedy again he will beat the hell out of him.

Chris Jericho has requested doing a long program with Rey Mysterio. They teased Jericho removing Mysterio's mask during the recent European tour.

WWE has offered Tommy Dreamer a new contract, so it is not a lock that he'll be hanging it up this summer.

Developmental talent Sheamus O’Shaunnessy from Ireland is being booked for dark matches and house shows.

Bob Holly once again being a twat.
    I'm waiting for the day till O'Shaunnessy debuts, the guy looks crazy!
    Shaun2J

Post  Shaun2J Mon May 18, 2009 12:29 pm

Apparently the Great American Bash is now gonna be called "The Bash".
    Bradshaw101
    Bradshaw101

Number of posts : 163
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  Bradshaw101 Mon May 18, 2009 12:39 pm

Bobcore is upset because Kennedy didn't want him stealing his pills. What a cock.
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  PeteRoe Mon May 18, 2009 12:50 pm

Bob Holly is a bitter and twisted dude.

And this whole renaming the PPV to "The Bash", thats gay.
    Shaun2J

Post  Shaun2J Sun May 31, 2009 8:27 am

WrestleZone.com

The following is an excerpt from an article in the New York Daily News:

Former five-time WCW tag champ Buff Bagwell visited my aunts' holiday "Burger and Bean Blast" and chatted with King Gremlin.

He commented on the rampant rumors about him coming to TNA. "I don't know who started them, but (the rumors) are totally false. I have not been contacted by TNA. If they did call, I'd answer (even if it was collect) and listen."

Bagwell was last on the big stage in 2001 in the WCW. Since then he's done some independent circuit work but admits he wants to get back on the big stage.

When asked if not TNA what about the WWE, his face lit up. "I'd love to join them so much I'd work for free!"
    Bradshaw101
    Bradshaw101

Number of posts : 163

Post  Bradshaw101 Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:01 pm

He could pay Vince to wrestle, and he still wouldn't be taken back. TNA used him a couple of times, but hopefully they won't use him again.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664

Post  Outlaw2x4 Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:32 pm

Bradshaw101 wrote:He could pay Vince to wrestle, and he still wouldn't be taken back. TNA used him a couple of times, but hopefully they won't use him again.

Agreed. Dreadful wrestler. I had the misfortune of once having to suffer through Bagwell v Stevie Ray in Dublin once. Horrible.
    Shaun2J

Post  Shaun2J Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:36 am

They've changed the name of No Mercy to Hell in a Celland Cyber Sunday is now called Annihilation.

HIAC should be there for ending a big feud and not on some gimmick PPV.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:26 pm

Lillian Garcia made the following announcement on her official website, liliangarcia.com, this morning:

Hi Everyone,

I hope all of you are doing well! I am writing to address the situation in which WWE is looking for a Female Ring Announcer/Singer. The truth of the matter is that they are looking for someone new because I have given them my notice that I will be leaving at the end of my contract this year. It is with a heavy heart that I have made this decision because WWE has been my family from day one and you, the WWE Universe have always been incredible to me. The fact is that I am getting married later this year and have decided to enter into a new phase of my life but I will truly miss all of you and the WWE tremendously.

Love you all & keep rockin!

Forever Rockin',
    Lilian :-)

So Lillian is leaving. Never thought she was a great replacement for the Fink anyway. Hopefully they'll promote Justin Roberts or whatever his name is.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998

Post  IOV Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:49 pm

Outlaw2x4 wrote:Lillian Garcia made the following announcement on her official website, liliangarcia.com, this morning:

Hi Everyone,

I hope all of you are doing well! I am writing to address the situation in which WWE is looking for a Female Ring Announcer/Singer. The truth of the matter is that they are looking for someone new because I have given them my notice that I will be leaving at the end of my contract this year. It is with a heavy heart that I have made this decision because WWE has been my family from day one and you, the WWE Universe have always been incredible to me. The fact is that I am getting married later this year and have decided to enter into a new phase of my life but I will truly miss all of you and the WWE tremendously.

Love you all & keep rockin!

Forever Rockin',
    Lilian :-)

So Lillian is leaving. Never thought she was a great replacement for the Fink anyway. Hopefully they'll promote Justin Roberts or whatever his name is.

Is Justin Roberts a female ring announcer/singer?

She wont be a big loss anyway
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Number of posts : 253

Post  PeteRoe Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:01 am

Never liked her but especially since she bitched and moaned bout hurting her ankle after the Hassmeister put her out.

Stick one of the Divas there and make them of use.
    Shaun2J

Post  Shaun2J Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:39 am

Bob "Hardcore" Holly said in an interview this week that he left WWE because he was tired of the travel and sick of "putting guys over so they can get all the credit and make all the money." (credit: The Wrestling Globe Newsletter)
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:22 pm

Seen more than a few rumours and suggestions abounding that Jericho's mystery partner will be a returning Chris Masters

Oh Joy. That will raise the roof... Sleep
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:45 pm

Credit: PWInsider.com

The word going around WWE is that former WCW World Heavyweight Champion David Arquette is rumored to host next week's episode of Monday Night RAW.

Very Happy
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719

Post  The Ayatollah Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:24 pm

I'd mark out if Orton RKO'd him Very Happy
    Shane McMahon
    Shane McMahon

Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2008-10-12

Post  Shane McMahon Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Not a rumour, so my deepest, deepest apologies for putting this in the thread:

During an investor conference call this morning, WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon revealed that after 23 years, the Survivor Series PPV concept has come to an end and will not be used again. McMahon stated:

"We think that Survivor Series is obsolete, as far as that title is concerned. It was something that worked many, many years ago, in terms of a creative standpoint, various teams competing. That really is not advantageous as the consumer now looks as what actually they are buying. And it's such a broad ... Survivor Series yes, many years ago, was one of the original four pay-per-views, but it's outlasted its usage and it is one of the things in terms of re-branding, this year and going forward, that will be re-branded. No longer will we have that title, Survivor Series."

WWE Survivor Series debuted back in 1987 and for many years featured primarily team elimination matches. The show had lost much of its identity in recent years and will likely be replaced next year with a new gimmick-themed event.

Source: LOP

Was my least favourite of the original PPVs, but RIP nonetheless.
    Mr Torrie Wilson
    Mr Torrie Wilson

Number of posts : 302
    Registration date : 2008-10-03

Post  Mr Torrie Wilson Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:05 pm

I love the way the blame seems to be on the concept itself, something they haven't really pushed as the main selling point of the event in years. As opposed to blaming themselves for the piss-poor job of putting on a show people want to pay for.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:46 am

It was a pretty poor concept and the matches went on a bit. Random teams which were a mix of heels and faces and the brand split that no one cares about didn't do it any favours.

BRING BACK KING OF THE RING YOU CUNT. Mad
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:11 am

ShowStealer wrote:It was a pretty poor concept and the matches went on a bit. Random teams which were a mix of heels and faces and the brand split that no one cares about didn't do it any favours.

BRING BACK KING OF THE RING YOU CUNT. Mad

I don't follow wrestling anymore but it was always the show I liked best.
    Shaun2J

Post  Shaun2J Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:49 am

The teams and the matches itself didn't have a meaning at all.

WWE have got another poll up for us to choose the PPV Concept that will replace Survivor Series.

- Tournement (King of the Ring)
    - Street Fight
    - Legends
    - Money in the Bank
    - Roulette
    - Draft

and wait for it..

- Battle Bowl
    - War Games
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:16 pm

As long as the don't dump summerslam next for being "too much liuke any other PPV". It's their own fault for abandoning the main concept that the show lost it's identity

Tournament is OK, but what is with these "one night theme" PPVs - TLC, Hell in a Cell, Elimiation Chamber, Extreme Rules (or whatever they want to call it this year), NoC (Scramble matches)...most of these gimmicks are OK as a one off on occasion, something to use once a year, but two or three times a NIGHT??? Hell, roulette isn't even a good gimmick for a TV taping, let alone a PPV where things should be able to be built up to.

And the draft...yeah, I want a PPV where all that happens is that generic matches lead to changes on the rosters. The taping draft shows are more like house shows in the "nothing much happens storyline-wise" stakes anyway, so why not make you pay for it? Sheesh!
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:24 pm

Source: PWInsider

The original plan for the 2010 WWE Hall of Fame was to make former WWF Champion The Ultimate Warrior this year's marquee inductee. After Warrior and WWE settled a lawsuit several months ago, the two sides began discussing Warrior being part of the Hall of Fame this year.

According to a source, Warrior initially agreed to be inducted into the Hall of Fame but he made the decision last week to change his mind and reject the offer. It's believed that Stu Hart will be announced as the next inductee on RAW next week and he will likely be this year's featured inductee.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:38 pm

Also, apparently Taker had to be cleared to compete in the Chamber and has suffered first and second degree burns to his neck ad chest after some numpty screwed up the pyro at EC.

Didn't see it at the time as I was getting a drink, just heard the commentators saying how they'd never seen taker enter a ring looking so fired up (my words, not theirs for obvious reasons...Vince would have been foaming at the mouth if Lawler had said that...)
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:08 pm

Latest round of releases have hit, and are a little more surprising than usual:

Hurricane Helms
    Paul Burchill
    Maria

Also, reports suggetsing that the Guest Host initiative is winding down, with Stone Cold in 3 weeks as the last one
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:53 pm

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

The word making the rounds in Baltimore, where the WWE crew has arrived for tonight's Extreme Rules pay-per-view, is that Batista is finishing up with the company this week.

Batista had been talking about leaving as early as January, and as was recently reported he was displeased with Triple H taking the lead role in the film Killing Karma, which was originally slated for Batista. The feeling is that this decision was made because Batista's contract was ending and WWE did not want to risk having him in a film while not under contract.

He's challenging John Cena in what may ultimately be his final match inside a WWE ring. We'll have more shortly.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:08 am

Let's see if we can't revive our old favourite thread...

Rumour has it that despite the departure of Smith and Koslov, members of two of the companies top tag teams of late, Triple H in his legit role in charge of talent development and acquisitions, is prioritising the tag division. One of his first targets has been TNA's Beer Money, who he'd be looking to bring straight in rather than through developmental, echoing the MNW-era policy of actually using existing popular talent from outside without time and a name change risking the fan base (Kaval, anyone?)

The general feeling about Chris Masters release backstage is pretty negative, as he was seen as someone who was doing everything right, and he himself says he was led to believe there was a push on the horizon. Other lower/mid card talents are now worried about their own positions, even those with recent exposure on the flagship shows. Melina, on the other hand, is missed by few,and was even refused entry to the backstage area at a recent show when she turned up with boyfriend Morrison.

Matt Morgan has admitted he has been contacted by WWE about returning, but has stated that as long as TNA want him he'll be staying to repay their faith in him.

Smackdown in two weeks time will be screened Live on the Tuesday (August 30th), believed in some circles to be an experiment for a permanent switch in the new "season" to allow Ultimate Fighter Live to be screened on the Friday nights, despite the possible fan base crossover if the two were shown back to back.

Shaun2J

Post  Shaun2J Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:37 am

From LOP.net, WO and PWInsider...

- Ed sent word that WWE also trademarked "The Great White" back on August 10th. Ed also noted that "The Great White" trademark and the recent "Future Endeavored" trademarks indicate that they may be used for a new character, based on how they were registered.

- WWE sent out a survey to fans today to see if they were interested in a John Cena branded clothing line and other merchandise that would be available through retailers. Apparently WWE has been interested in releasing a Cena clothing line for a few years.

- Before the John Morrison vs. R-Truth match on Monday's RAW, they were told to re-do the layout of the match and cut three minutes off of what was originally planned. R-Truth wasn't happy about the change.

- Vince McMahon is very high on Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez. It's said when Del Rio and Rodriguez are out doing their thing, Vince stands backstage and watches with a smile on his face.

- Rey Mysterio blew out his knee in the match against Alberto Del Rio on Monday's RAW during a baseball slide. Rey couldn't walk at all backstage after the match. He had an MRI done last week and noted he had another one yesterday on Twitter, which apparently wasn't part of the storyline after all. The word on Monday was that Rey wasn't going to have surgery on his knee but after the blow out at RAW, he might end up having surgery instead of going through more rehab.

-- WWE recently filed trademark applications for the terms "Future Endeavored," "Future Endeavor" and Mr. Future Endeavor." The terms are for John Laurinaitis' on-screen character.

- With the exception of John Morrison and a few others, there weren't a lot of people within WWE sad to see Melina go because of the reputation she had developed. The same deal applies for Gail Kim to an extent. Officials felt that Kim speaking out was getting the other Divas riled up.

- A Beth Phoenix vs. Kelly Kelly rematch for the Divas Title is expected for September's Night of Champions pay-per-view from Buffalo, where Phoenix grew up.

- All the younger WWE talents were backstage at RAW watching the segment with CM Punk and Kevin Nash on monitors. Punk is seen as a kind of hero to some of the younger guys because he puts them over and speaks for them since they can't say what he gets away with saying. Nash is in great shape but with his history of knee operations, he wasn't walking very well. The feeling is that a CM Punk vs. Kevin Nash match won't be too pretty.

------- Kevin Nash is expected to be at this coming Monday's RAW and will be a regular character on WWE TV going forward. As teased on Monday's RAW, the plans are indeed for Nash to face CM Punk in the ring. The idea behind Punk and Nash feuding is to give Punk a top name that would put him over.

Regarding their segment on Monday's RAW, the feeling backstage was that Punk got the better of Nash and Nash's comebacks were too inside and outdated compared to Punk's.

Since Nash didn't get that big of a reaction when he came out on RAW, there was talk that they need to do a better job of explaining on TV to the current generation of fans who Nash is.

- There has been a lot of discussion within WWE lately among some of the talents about preparing for a future after WWE. The release of Chris Masters shook up a lot of people as nobody saw it coming.

- The segment on Monday's RAW with The Miz putting over Subway is said to be building to something bigger.

Yeah the wrestling forums could do with some cleaning up.
    Shaun2J

Post  Shaun2J Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:21 am

- Curt Hawkins wrote on his Twitter that he has made a decision not to trim his beard until WWE puts him in a match on RAW.

Recently released WWE talent Harry Smith (a/k/a David Hart Smith), who rarely speaks ill of anyone, is very upset with his former employer. The son of the late "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith stated on his Facebook account on Saturday that after much pleading, WWE did not return all of the Hart family possessions he had lent for their memorabilia display at WrestleMania Axxess. This includes his father's ring gear and ring gear of the late Owen Hart, among other priceless possessions. WWE did, however, send him a framed picture of Mae Young as a goodwill gesture. He is further agitated that WWE would call him two weeks after his dismissal from the organization asking for the items he received back.

"Well I'm not one to bury any companies or people but I'm afraid I have no choice here. The WWE after great difficulty of my begging, finally sent me back "some" but not all of my familie's possessions from the Hall of Fame/Fan axxess. This includes, my dad's ring gear, my ring gear, owen hart's blue blazer masks, and singlet and lots of priceless family possessions. They sent a framed picture of my dad smashed, half the other stuff missing but they threw in a Mae Young framed picture," Smith wrote.

"Then they have the nerve to call me, two weeks after firing me, sniffing around asking if they can have it back for their precious Hall of Fame/fan axxess. Even though I am expendable talent, they wouldn't mind just keeping my family's last remaining wrestling stuff.

"Anyone can feel free to post this on dirt sites as I feel the world should know about how selfish and inconsiderate the WWE truly is."

Harry's mother, Diana Hart Smith, is also upset with WWE as she feels they carelessly handled her framed drawing of her late husband ([URL="https://2img.net/h/oi53.tinypic.com/11qs3zd.jpg"]click here[/URL] to view the smashed picture of Davey). She says it was "the last straw."

She wrote on Facebook, "This is my drawing of Davey's, and the more info I am sent about this disrespectful injustice, the more shocked I am--this is the second time this has happened with this drawing, and they never took care of it the first time. And then to ask two weeks after Harry's release if we can lend more items to Hall of Fame Fan axxess. These things are from Davey and Owen, my father, all legendary people who are no longer alive and it is difficult to fathom giving up these things which we would never be able to see, since it would go to the WWE HOF Fan Access. These are family possessions and unless Georgia, Harry or I, in the Smith household specifically, are at WWE Fan Access, we cannot see for ourselves.

"These aren't belongings of just some random old friends--they are lost family members. With Harry's release, I really doubt I would be flying to Connecticut to see my Hall of Fame memorabilia, and I would probably end up paying admission too. The smashed picture of Davey, which I drew of him, was the last straw, and this is the second time it has happened.

"I wonder what the significance of sending an 8 x 10 pic of Mae Young to Harry, Georgia and me was?"

Several major changes have taken place over the past week on the corporate side of WWE, including the Corporate.WWE.com website being taken down and several high-ranking employees leaving the company.

- Brian Kalinowski (WWE's Executive VP of Digital Media) and Mark Keys (VP of Digital & Interactive Content Production & Social Media) have both left the company in the past week in what some are seeing as a "major restructuring."

- The Corporate.WWE.com website has been taken down and the domain is now redirecting users to the main WWE site.

- Stephanie McMahon is now in charge of WWE website as a result of structural changes made in recent weeks.

- Regarding the reports of Bill Goldberg returning to the ring soon, he stated on Twitter that he won't be signing with TNA and as noted before, also said he won't be signing with WWE. Goldberg added the other day that if and when he signs a contract, he will reveal all the details online.

- WWE developmental talent Hunico, who had been performing as Sin Cara up until this weekend, received praise from WWE officials while on the main roster the past few weeks. Some feel that he may be on the fast track to being called up from FCW in the next few months. As noted before, Hunico may be called back up to feud with the original Sin Cara in a Cara vs. Cara feud.

Source: Lordsofpain.net
    ThatChumpStain
    ThatChumpStain

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post  ThatChumpStain Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:47 pm

Crappy thing to do to the Smith/Hart memorabilia.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:25 am