SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+23
Garibaldi
showstealer
brother of destruction
KabukiJoe
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Rooq
PeteRoe
IOV
Sweatsock
ThatChumpStain
genehunt
Clarkey
The Ayatollah
MarkFromGoldenplec
Mezzy
Dr Hellwig PhD
fernzy
zhukov
The Chosen1
Ultimo LJ
RKO
Tomc2488
next_big_thing
27 posters

Official Premiership Thread

brother of destruction
    brother of destruction

Number of posts : 370
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Official Premiership Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Premiership Thread

Post  brother of destruction Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:38 am

ShowStealer wrote:It's one of those jobs were the manager can't win. The fans want a return to the glory days, when were they? The 1920s? A quick fix never works as Man City may find out, although it now seems that they will be run probably and ADI just wanted a galacto signing to demonstrate to the fans that they mean business! farao

What Glory days?

What we're wanting is for a season not to wind up being a total write off before October due to mismanagement. Keegan wasn't in charge of transfers? Fine. He's been out of football that long it seems a fair trade off. But the plain & simple fact is that whoever has been controling the transfers have done a shit job. We've needed a left back for years. Stevie Wonder could feckin see that. We've sold one of the best young talents in the league (Milner) & not only failed to replace him, but managed to sign a striker we didn't need & a loan signing that if he plays well isn't gonna be allowed to stay. Sure the youth team has been bolstered very well. Lots of good kids signed, but that's gonna be a fat lot of use if we wind up playing in the championship or worse. Had Keegan still been there, we were at least looking at top half this year. As it is, I really don't think we're going to stay up.

As for Venables? When you think it could be a good thing to have that shyster at your club, you know it's a dark day. Even O'Bleary's being talked about now. Nobody's gonna buy the club without a manager. No manager worth his salt will want the job before the sale goes through. We're still at a point where the league's still quite tight. If you're in the relegation fight by November/December, you're not going to get clear of it. The football is shite & not good enough to survive. We need a manager in now, but I don't see it happening in a hurry. Never mind eh? Guess it means a few drinks at Portman Road with Rooq next year.
    Rooq
    Rooq

Number of posts : 588
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  Rooq Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:15 am

brother of destruction wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:It's one of those jobs were the manager can't win. The fans want a return to the glory days, when were they? The 1920s? A quick fix never works as Man City may find out, although it now seems that they will be run probably and ADI just wanted a galacto signing to demonstrate to the fans that they mean business! farao

What Glory days?

What we're wanting is for a season not to wind up being a total write off before October due to mismanagement. Keegan wasn't in charge of transfers? Fine. He's been out of football that long it seems a fair trade off. But the plain & simple fact is that whoever has been controling the transfers have done a shit job. We've needed a left back for years. Stevie Wonder could feckin see that. We've sold one of the best young talents in the league (Milner) & not only failed to replace him, but managed to sign a striker we didn't need & a loan signing that if he plays well isn't gonna be allowed to stay. Sure the youth team has been bolstered very well. Lots of good kids signed, but that's gonna be a fat lot of use if we wind up playing in the championship or worse. Had Keegan still been there, we were at least looking at top half this year. As it is, I really don't think we're going to stay up.

As for Venables? When you think it could be a good thing to have that shyster at your club, you know it's a dark day. Even O'Bleary's being talked about now. Nobody's gonna buy the club without a manager. No manager worth his salt will want the job before the sale goes through. We're still at a point where the league's still quite tight. If you're in the relegation fight by November/December, you're not going to get clear of it. The football is shite & not good enough to survive. We need a manager in now, but I don't see it happening in a hurry. Never mind eh? Guess it means a few drinks at Portman Road with Rooq next year.

Dont worry you will stay up!

All went wrong after they sacked GOD!!! Sir Bobby Robson!! how dare they....

But if somehow you do go down, then yeah! we will get pissed in the Railway Pub near the ground! Wooo Hoo!!!
    brother of destruction
    brother of destruction

Number of posts : 370

Post  brother of destruction Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:17 am

Something needs to change fast if we are staying up. We need a manager & I honestly believe that won't happen without the ownership situation being settled. Just also heard that Oba's now out for 6 weeks. This shit just gets better & better.

Post  Guest Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:53 am

His Imperial Shayness of Given seems to have lost some of his "YOU... SHALL NOT... PASS~!!!"-ness this season. Time was he'd keep entire teams at bay (including us on a few occasions!)
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991

Post  showstealer Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:02 am

Rooq
    Rooq

Number of posts : 588

Post  Rooq Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:06 am

I dunno i think he will do ok till the end of the month and steady the ship.

Not too sure about Keegan coming back along with Alan "back stabber" Shearer though, Keegan shouldnt go back for a 3rd time!! and Shearer is a nasty piece of work after the way he treated Robson, cant stand the prick, he isnt popular down in Ipswich at all.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:44 pm

Kinnear can only come out of this smelling of roses, do well and he could get the job on a permant basis or do poorly and everyone will say "well he didnt have enough time" so win win for Joe.

I wish Shearer would hurry up and take the fuckin job im fed up hearing about Alan wankin Shearer every time a manager gets the boot at Newcastle. Going by his MOTD stint he has learnt very little anyway or at least hides it very well
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401

Official Premiership Thread - Page 2 Empty Official Premiership Thread

Post  Garibaldi Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:45 pm

I like Kinnear, but he's got this through being a mate of Wise, so when the takeover happens and he goes, it won't matter what Kinnear's done, he'll be out the door too

Last edited by Garibaldi on Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to change the the thread name, dammit!)
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:22 am

No fuckin way was that a penalty. Rob Styles should be shot. Worst referee in the PL. Mike Riley might be overly harsh but at least he gets his decisions right.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664

Post  Outlaw2x4 Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:32 am

...and that is why Arsenal won't win the league this year. When you can't beat Hull at home... No

Post  Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:12 pm

Yeah tis true. They sat on their goalline until we scored and then when they came at us we conceded two stupid goals and then they sat on their goal line again and we looked clueless as to how to break through.

We (specifically Gall-ass) just cannot defend in the air and cost us another stupid goal with his concentration lapses and pathetic jumps. I know Wenger is the manager and knows a great deal more than I do but it baffles me why he continues to pair Gallas and Toure when it is so transparent that they do not click at the back.

Johan Djourou is 6 foot 4 and can leap over small buildings from what I've seen, plus he can run bloody fast which was always Senderos' problem, so why not partner him with Gallas so that the latter doesn't have to deal with the high balls, or my choice which would be partner him and Toure and drop Gallas altogether. Djourou is the big centre half we are crying out for but he's warming the bench.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:06 pm

Geovanis goal was hardly stupid, any keeper in the world would have had a hard time kepping it out

Onto United........very very veeeeeeeeery lucky to get that penalty but they made the most of it and over all were good for the three points. Rooneys goal was brilliant hopefully he can go on a scoring run now
    Clarkey
    Clarkey

Number of posts : 74

Post  Clarkey Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:00 am

Kudos to Hull. They closed us down well, mixed with some luck, magic, and good goalkeeping, and they won. Deservedly. I find it frustrating that Cesc only started letting loose some good shots at the last moments. Van Persie took a late shot that maybe he shouldn't have took, he had three guys infront of him, although it was very close to going in, I think he had better options. They resorted to rooting it out to Sagna for crosses in to people who are non-existant in the box. Hopefully we can redeem ourselves next weekend and more particularly Tuesday with Porto coming to town.

On Gallas, three goals now he's cost from corners (to be fair Toure shared the blame for one of those). He harped on in the Summer about proving his worth as captain, but as with last season, when we need him most he disappears bar getting late goals. It is a credit to him getting us ahead/back into games like he did at Twente, but the guy is a frigging central defender and needs to be dominating his own area. Djourou would be my pick too, to allow Song to continue in his role just in front of the defence as he did at Bolton. But I think we are more likely to see a pairing of Gallas and his buddy Silvestre.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:08 am

Clarkey/JK

What the fuck where your boys doing yesterday? I was banking on them stuffing city, but oh no you had to let them win, now the Hullion bastards are going to be insufferable pricks for at least at a week and then they will probably do Spurs on the weekend to.

Angry of Hull.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:40 am

Competition for most comical moment at Pompey...

1. 5 pompey players chasing Zokora up the pitch towards another schoolboy-style

2. Spurs fans chanting "you're Spurs and you know it" to Defoe just before the penalty

3. Andy Gray claiming Jenas is one of our best players who will get stuck in

4. Pompey winnig a throw in for a ball going out off Peter Crouch's face.

5. Our finishing (or lack of)
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:27 am

We want our club back
    We want our club back
    We want our club back
    We want our club back

Mad
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:02 am

Garibaldi wrote:We want our club back
    We want our club back
    We want our club back
    We want our club back

Mad
    huh? confused

and conceding a 30yard thunderbolt is now considered letting in a stupid goal?!

Confused of Bromley.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:43 am

ShowStealer wrote:
    Garibaldi wrote:We want our club back
    We want our club back
    We want our club back
    We want our club back

Mad
    huh? confused

We're supposed to be a club that plays silky, stylish attacking football. Maybe we've rarely had a watertight defense, but we play with flair and give the fans an enteraining team to watch, even when were clearly sub-par. Today, against a Pompey team almost as devoid of ideas as us, the only thing we did well was play slow possession football and defend as a unit. As soon as we hit the attacking third we were a joke. I want back the Spurs team that was epitomised by Gazza, Hoddle, Ginola, Klinsmann, Keane, Lineker, Allen, Ardiles... - not this toothless pile of dross that Ramos has masquerading as a team.

If I were Juande, I'd be worried....October, Tottenham's favourite time for sacking managers, is fast approaching. Hull and Stoke are must-win games now.
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian

Number of posts : 480

Post  Hector_Nicols_Accordian Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:46 am

Just wait till Alan Hutton comes back and all will be well again Laughing
    Ultimo LJ
    Ultimo LJ

Number of posts : 61

Post  Ultimo LJ Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:56 am

Why don't you hire Keegan just to make sure Newcastle are going down?
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:44 pm

Don't joke - it could happen!

Our lot under king Kev, we'd end up playing:

Gomes
    one from Woodgate/King/Corluka
    Lennon
    Bentley
    Dos Santos
    Modric
    Jenas
    Bale
    Campbell
    Bent
    Pavlyuchenko
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:37 am

Surely after nearly 20 years Garibaldi, you'll get bored of claiming that Spurs have a divine right to play attractive football. In this day and age which clubs do? Arsenal are probably the only example, and look what they've won as a result! alien

Post  Guest Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:51 am

Good to know I can rely on Tottenham to brighten up a bad day.

How long till the fans break out their yearly "Just you wait till next year!" slogan?
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:57 am

ShowStealer wrote:Surely after nearly 20 years Garibaldi, you'll get bored of claiming that Spurs have a divine right to play attractive football. In this day and age which clubs do? Arsenal are probably the only example, and look what they've won as a result! alien

It's only now we've really stopped playing the silky stuff. We've always had one or two guys who could light up a game - last 20 years we had...

Gazza/Lineker
    Anderton/Sheringham
    Famous 5
    Sheringham/Klinsmann
    Ginola
    (OK, then you had the Graham years. Give you those...)
    Keane/Reknapp/Ziege
    Keane/Defoe/Lennon/Berbatov

Now we have the plaers, but they're not only prevented from doing it, most of them are being left out.
    MarkFromGoldenplec
    MarkFromGoldenplec

Number of posts : 132

Post  MarkFromGoldenplec Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:00 am

What exactly has happened to Lennon??
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:03 am

He's actually playing better now than he was for the last year or two - He was rushed back from injury before and it showed.

When he came on yesterday he made a big impact - we started actually getting into openings and <gasp> shooting. Almost won me £15 by keeping up the 2-1 streak too. Clearly been working on his crossing. I think signing Bentley has made him buck up his ideas.
    Ultimo LJ
    Ultimo LJ

Number of posts : 61

Post  Ultimo LJ Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:45 am

ShowStealer wrote:Surely after nearly 20 years Garibaldi, you'll get bored of claiming that Spurs have a divine right to play attractive football. In this day and age which clubs do? Arsenal are probably the only example, and look what they've won as a result! alien

Official Premiership Thread - Page 2 TonyMowbray_468x562
    "GTFO ARE THEY"
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:02 am

couldn't have put it better LJ lol!

Post  Guest Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:06 am

Hope Man City kept the receipt for Robinho. He just never looks interested when the going gets tough.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:10 am

The Real JK wrote:Hope Man City kept the receipt for Robinho. He just never looks interested when the going gets tough.

You dont buy Robinho to have him roll up his sleeves and get stuck in, City should just let him do what he is doing at the minute and just roam around sooner or later he will dominate games more because he is pure class. Remember it took Henry a while to settle and Ronaldo

Cant blame him for not looking interested though!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:08 pm