SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

4 posters

Spoiler: Mark Henry.

showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Spoiler: Mark Henry. Empty Spoiler: Mark Henry.

Post  showstealer Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:53 pm

One of the most deserving world champions after all the crap they've put him through. The title is more than likely just a rub to give him some more legitimacy, rather than to establish himself in the main event like Christian.

Discuss.
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Spoiler: Mark Henry. Empty Re: Spoiler: Mark Henry.

Post  Shaun2J Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:08 am

For all the stick he's had in the last few years, no one can say that the past few months and his title win are shit or the "same old Mark Henry". This is how you build a monster championship contender.

If we'd have gone by typical logic, Randy would have been the one to topple the big bad monster after months of destruction but damn they went the other way for once and put him on the top of the food chain.

Shame he'll probably lose it two weeks later to Randy...If anyone should beat Henry it's Sheamus.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:59 pm

He'll lose it at the next ppv in 2 weeks, but it gives him that rub and that legitimacy when putting over other talent. He's not a guy to carry the company, but then again neither is Cena!
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:03 am

The rumoured Taker return is around now, so I think they may be looking to him as Henry's conqueror
    Ram Jam

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2009-01-26

Post  Ram Jam Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:33 pm

I highly doubt it, personally. It looks more like they're building towards a Bryan/Henry feud, which would disappointing to me, but if Bryan wins the belt, I'm for it. I dunno who else would be a good guy for Taker to face, though. I really think it'd be HHH again, but I could also see it being Punk or possibly Sheamus.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:16 am

Garibaldi wrote:The rumoured Taker return is around now, so I think they may be looking to him as Henry's conqueror
    That would be so dull.

How much has The Undertaker got left? Time to pass the torch and lose the streak? chin ponder

Bryan/Henry feud should be good!
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:47 am

It's just the timing that seems 'convenient' to me, now hat he's gone hrough most of the established big guys and especially with SurSer on he horizon.

Add to that now that WWE.com has run a 'where is he undertaker' piece as well and the return is clearly imminent. As has been said, who else do you put him against right now?
    Ram Jam

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2009-01-26

Post  Ram Jam Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:11 pm

It does make sense as of RIGHT NOW, but do you honestly see Taker winning the belt, or competing for the belt? I sure don't.

I still say Taker will face someone like HHH, again. HHH even teased it last year in the promo after Wrestlemania 27. Doesn't mean much, but still, I see it being a better possibility than Taker/Henry for the belt.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:26 pm

I never said this would be a WM title match, but it could be a title match for a short final run ending at the Rumble or Elimination Chamber. You could even use the Chamber to elevate anyone you want to the title leaving massive flexibility for the title match, whilst freeing up Taker to take on the guy who eliminates him, anyone who riles him, someone he has unfinished business with like Barrett or Mane (again)...or yes, even Triple H
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:08 am

Garibaldi wrote:I never said this would be a WM title match, but it could be a title match for a short final run ending at the Rumble or Elimination Chamber. You could even use the Chamber to elevate anyone you want to the title leaving massive flexibility for the title match, whilst freeing up Taker to take on the guy who eliminates him, anyone who riles him, someone he has unfinished business with like Barrett or Mane (again)...or yes, even Triple H
    That sounds pretty decent. I would have him as a surprised entrant in the chamber, perhaps as a non advertised replacement for an injured wrestler. No one knows who the last man is and then the lights dim and the music hits! I like the idea of his wrestlemania match being against someone who eliminates him, no doubt controversially, in the chamber, perhaps Del Rio? I would then pass the torch, but I've been saying that should happen for years and each year I'm proven wrong as doesn't retire!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:30 am