SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

5 posters

Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff sign with TNA

Mr Torrie Wilson
    Mr Torrie Wilson

Number of posts : 302
    Registration date : 2008-10-03

Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff sign with TNA Empty Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff sign with TNA

Post  Mr Torrie Wilson Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:34 pm

Q: Whatcha gonna do?

A: Still not watch.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff sign with TNA Empty Re: Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff sign with TNA

Post  Outlaw2x4 Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:49 pm

You gotta give it to Hogan, he knows how to create publicity. I mean he suddenly comes out with a story about attempting suicide and a week later he signs with TNA.
    Mr Torrie Wilson
    Mr Torrie Wilson

Number of posts : 302
    Registration date : 2008-10-03

Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff sign with TNA Empty Re: Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff sign with TNA

Post  Mr Torrie Wilson Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:57 pm

Outlaw2x4 wrote:You gotta give it to Hogan, he knows how to create publicity. I mean he suddenly comes out with a story about attempting suicide and a week later he signs with TNA.

Really, those two things should happen in reverse order.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:17 am

Damn, was starting to enjoy TNA now that Taz is commentating. Mad
    The Bisch

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  The Bisch Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:13 pm

Have to say if they play their cards right this could work out for them.

TNA has a lot more talent than WCW had from about 2000 onwards.

If they can provide a mix of Good Wrestling and 18 plus entertainment I reckon they could take it to WWE
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:28 am

The Bisch wrote:Have to say if they play their cards right this could work out for them.

If they can provide a mix of Good Wrestling and 18 plus entertainment I reckon they could take it to WWE

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing .

I can see them falling in to the same trap as wcw did, you have to wonder what roles Scott Hall and Sean Walterman are going to have.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:28 pm

The Bisch wrote:Have to say if they play their cards right this could work out for them.

200 onwards...what, until Spring 2001?

Whatever long term effect all the changes may have, in the short term it has worked as a statement of intent. Whenever they did something big before, it wqas always one person...Sting, Christian, Angle all came in one at a time tobig fanfare, but quickly had to carry the expectations of the company as a lone figurehead (if you ignore Jarrett), but this time, they've made a statement with Hogan, Bischoff, Flair and Hardy in one night, and now the added arrival of
    Spoiler:
    , all shows a much stronger sense of purpose.

If they can work those guys well alongside other newcomers like Wolfe without dumping on the likes of Styles/Joe/Daniels/Angle/Abyss/Beer Money Inc/MCMG then this may be a good step for them. I'm expecting Hogan and his primary sycophants (Who you'll notice I haven't named) to be gone by the late summer at worst, but the others could be good additions.

And I think they may be looking at thimngs this way - there's been no attempts to integrate old and new bar Nash, so this could be Bischoff saying "this is how an invasion should be done", then shedding the nWo 2010, Nasty Boys and Hogan, along with some of the older guys like maybe Sting/Steiner/Angle to leave the guys who can carry on long term ton take over.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:18 am

It would be good if they went that route, it would be a shame if Wolfe (one of The Stig's favourite wrestlers) got burried by the new talent as Taz did when the radicals came in, but I doubt Hogan will only be around until the summer (which right now feels a long way off!). He's a smart man and no doubt has negotiated a few title reigns in to his contract as well, brother!

The names in the spoiler are the sort you want to see signing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm