SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

5 posters

Protests against the British Army in Luton.

showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Protests against the British Army in Luton. Empty Protests against the British Army in Luton.

Post  showstealer Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:11 am

Whoever allowed it should be sacked. All protests against the war should be done by parliament and not aimed at the soldiers who are mealy following orders.

I think the protests have succeeded in stirring up racial hatred, which perhaps was their aim.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Protests against the British Army in Luton. Empty Re: Protests against the British Army in Luton.

Post  Big Dave Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:39 am

While I support peoples right to protest I strongly object to people who thrust their views onto the army, they are in theory a.poltical as they have to follow orders.

Protests against the British Army in Luton. Empty Re: Protests against the British Army in Luton.

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:50 am

You have to love the delicious irony that they hate this country and it's terrorist government so much but as soon as we try and deport them they're the first to cry about their human rights that they have over here and not in their own country...
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian

Number of posts : 480
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Hector_Nicols_Accordian Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:36 am

People should be allowed to protest where and when they want.

As long as it isn't at someone's funeral or something I suppose.

But a protest at this event is fine in my opinion, the other people there should have treated them with the contempt they deserved.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:51 am

Hector_Nicols_Accordian wrote:People should be allowed to protest where and when they want.

As long as it isn't at someone's funeral or something I suppose.

But a protest at this event is fine in my opinion, the other people there should have treated them with the contempt they deserved.
    Some of the crowd may of lost loved ones in combat. If not in Iraq, definitely in other operations.

Also they were protesting at the wrong people, it would be like me complaining to you about the state of the education system.
    brother of destruction
    brother of destruction

Number of posts : 370
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  brother of destruction Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:31 am

JK wrote:You have to love the delicious irony that they hate this country and it's terrorist government so much but as soon as we try and deport them they're the first to cry about their human rights that they have over here and not in their own country...

I think you're presuming a bit there. There was nothing to suggest they weren't from this country.

It's a catch 22 situation. If you let them protest, it's distastefull to say the least, if not, it's a very dangerous slippery slope. Say for arguements sake we'd outlawed this because it's distastefull, where do you draw the line before you're getting to outlawing anti government protests.

Personally I don't like what they're saying, but in any democracy, they must have the right to say it.
    The Phenom
    The Phenom

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  The Phenom Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:02 am

I've been yelled at and spit at before. And as a professional I do not respond. These people just don't realize that without a military, you would not have protected rights. They live in a dream world.

As for protesting, I'm all for it as long as it is peaceful and responsible. One thing that I hate is the disruptive protest (i.e. blocking intersections during rush hour). They should round all those people up and throw them in jail. It doesn't advance your cause anyway.

Post  Guest Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:22 am

brother of destruction wrote:
    JK wrote:You have to love the delicious irony that they hate this country and it's terrorist government so much but as soon as we try and deport them they're the first to cry about their human rights that they have over here and not in their own country...

I think you're presuming a bit there. There was nothing to suggest they weren't from this country.

It's a catch 22 situation. If you let them protest, it's distastefull to say the least, if not, it's a very dangerous slippery slope. Say for arguements sake we'd outlawed this because it's distastefull, where do you draw the line before you're getting to outlawing anti government protests.

Personally I don't like what they're saying, but in any democracy, they must have the right to say it.

True but it's still deliciously ironic that they will spend all their money and scream and shout and clog up the courts and take to the streets so that they can desperately stay in a country that they supposedly hate.

Look at Abu Hamza... hates Britain to bits but has spent no small amount of money or time desperately fighting to stay here rather than go to the US... or Abu Qatada, hates Britain so much that he's going to a Human Rights Court as a last ditch effort to stay here.

How anyone can take these people seriously I'll never know...

The Phenom wrote:I've been yelled at and spit at before. And as a professional I do not respond. These people just don't realize that without a military, you would not have protected rights. They live in a dream world.

As for protesting, I'm all for it as long as it is peaceful and responsible. One thing that I hate is the disruptive protest (i.e. blocking intersections during rush hour). They should round all those people up and throw them in jail. It doesn't advance your cause anyway.

Yeah we have people like that here... they're called London Underground.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:45 am