SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+17
'Dub
The Phenom
The Ayatollah
IOV
Sweatsock
showstealer
The Stig
Big Dave
DougFlair
ThatChumpStain
Dr Hellwig PhD
Shaun2J
Shane McMahon
MK
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
DX-Superkick
Inno
21 posters

Look what I found

Shane McMahon
    Shane McMahon

Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2008-10-12

Look what I found - Page 2 Empty Re: Look what I found

Post  Shane McMahon Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:12 am

DX-Superkick wrote:...now I remember why I stopped posting.

Ah good. Laters then, its been a pleasure.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:35 am

Terry Silver wrote:
    DX-Superkick wrote:...now I remember why I stopped posting.

Ah good. Laters then, its been a pleasure.

Laughing
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  The Ayatollah Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:17 am

After the 'incident' around Xmas time I've found it easy to just tune out to Stig's sarcasm, and not react. Never the less I liked the history lesson, thought the interviews were quite fun, even though I probably wasnt around when they were being done, would have been rather cool to have one of me up...but I'm sure you'll disagree Laughing

So I wont jump on the bandwagon and pounce all over Stig's twattish-ness, I know hes just being himself
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:51 am

Inno posts on 24th Feb, as do I.

It's not until March 1st that MK replies and Stig's remark gets blown out of proportion and the thread takes off.

Would a Smash History Zone really be worth the effort?

Evidently I would like it but the rest of the posters probably wouldn't care and would be more interested in commenting on the Stig's posts.

Based on the above logic I therefore suggest a Stig Zone instead.
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Shaun2J Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:40 am

Is the Smashlife.com/forums domain even accessable for Groovy? Just say he wants to get rid of those hackers (or so it was said) he could bring back the old site?

Not that I want to kill Garibaldi's hopes of being The Ultimate Admin! Very Happy
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Number of posts : 360
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Sweatsock Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:29 am

ShowStealer wrote:Inno posts on 24th Feb, as do I.

It's not until March 1st that MK replies and Stig's remark gets blown out of proportion and the thread takes off.

Evidently I would like it but the rest of the posters probably wouldn't care and would be more interested in commenting on the Stig's posts.

The plan wasn't for a history fourm, it was for a thread in the announcements forum with just one post from Inno detailing the history of Smash Wrestling from 2000 until present day. Thought it would be a good way to let potential new members know what Smash was/is about.
    The Stig
    The Stig

Number of posts : 705

Post  The Stig Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:54 am

Sweatsock wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:Inno posts on 24th Feb, as do I.

The plan wasn't for a history fourm, it was for a thread in the announcements forum with just one post from Inno detailing the history of Smash Wrestling from 2000 until present day. Thought it would be a good way to let potential new members know what Smash was/is about.

And I've put an end to that...how?
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Post  Sweatsock Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:06 am

Don't think Inno was too happy with the way this thread was recieved, and uderstandably so IMO.
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:13 am

Sweatsock wrote:Don't think Inno was too happy with the way this thread was recieved, and uderstandably so IMO.

Once again, how is that my fault?
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Post  Sweatsock Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:26 am

Because you felt the need to point out that not much effort was required on Inno's part. That may be true but it's the thought that counts not how much effot it takes.
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:44 am

Sweatsock wrote:Because you felt the need to point out that not much effort was required on Inno's part. That may be true but it's the thought that counts not how much effot it takes.

Sorry, I'll be sure to praise him for struggling through the arduous task of opening a browser and entering the URL to Smash (maybe he has it bookmarked, who knows?) every time he makes a post in future.
    Dr Hellwig PhD
    Dr Hellwig PhD

Number of posts : 217
    Location : Perpetually moving through shitholes. Or Polmont and Croy as they are otherwise known
    Registration date : 2008-10-28

Post  Dr Hellwig PhD Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:59 am

Ahh!!

THAT'S why I stopped going on Smash! It was full of absolute twats! Funny how little things like that slip your mind...

Strange isn't it? A guy comes on and does something off his own back for no personal gain, gets absolutely slaughtered, defends himself, gets slaughtered again and then rather than just saying oh well sorry if I offended you and leaving it that you keep picking over the never healing scab.
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Post  Sweatsock Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:01 pm

The Stig wrote:
    Sweatsock wrote:Because you felt the need to point out that not much effort was required on Inno's part. That may be true but it's the thought that counts not how much effot it takes.

Sorry, I'll be sure to praise him for struggling through the arduous task of opening a browser and entering the URL to Smash (maybe he has it bookmarked, who knows?) every time he makes a post in future.

Now who's being ridiculous? scratch
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998

Post  IOV Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:36 pm

Dr Hellwig PhD wrote:Ahh!!

THAT'S why I stopped going on Smash! It was full of absolute twats! Funny how little things like that slip your mind...

Strange isn't it? A guy comes on and does something off his own back for no personal gain, gets absolutely slaughtered, defends himself, gets slaughtered again and then rather than just saying oh well sorry if I offended you and leaving it that you keep picking over the never healing scab.

I fail to see how Inno was slaughtered. Anyone who has posted on the old forum knows how much effort and personal time he put into Smash and he is respected for it. All I see is mass hysteria (again) to an off the cuff remark.

If the Stig made the same remark about one of DX's post there wouldnt be such a fuss made but thats ok because he hasnt went on one of the numerous nights out, not anyone else's fault I know but just because one of your drinking mates didnt get a universal pat on the back for his post you think you should label everyone a twat?

I would also like to take this opportunity to apologise to someone, my earlier comment was also used to try and score points of someones back and for that im truly sorry...........Terry Silver will you forgive me? You dont remind me of Pat Butcher at all Very Happy
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:38 pm

Dr Hellwig PhD wrote:Ahh!!

Where did I slaughter him in my initial post? I think you'll find I was merely informing MK that the effort wasn't as much as he thought it was. Inno then completely overreacted, and now yourself and Sweatsock are blowing it completely out of proportion. Why should I apologise? It's hardly my fault Inno can't take what is essentially mild criticism at best.

And get over yourself, you're hardly the epitome of posting greatness.
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:39 pm

Sweatsock wrote:
    The Stig wrote:

Still you.
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Post  Sweatsock Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:44 pm

The Stig wrote:
    Sweatsock wrote:
    The Stig wrote:

Still you.

Cool purple shades
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian

Number of posts : 480

Post  Hector_Nicols_Accordian Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:12 pm

This is such a rubbish arguement compared to what used to go on in the asylum, it's a step in the right direction though, well done to all involved! It's almost as if garibaldi engineered this to get the ratings up Smile
    DX-Superkick
    DX-Superkick

Number of posts : 102
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

Post  DX-Superkick Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:51 pm

IOV wrote:I fail to see how Inno was slaughtered. Anyone who has posted on the old forum knows how much effort and personal time he put into Smash and he is respected for it. All I see is mass hysteria (again) to an off the cuff remark.

If the Stig made the same remark about one of DX's post there wouldnt be such a fuss made but thats ok because he hasnt went on one of the numerous nights out, not anyone else's fault I know but just because one of your drinking mates didnt get a universal pat on the back for his post you think you should label everyone a twat?

Inno wasn't slaughtered... He went out of his way to make me feel terrible... and then got called on it.

That seemed to be the hysteria, attacking my posts back then, just the drinking boys killing the others...
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991

Post  showstealer Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:16 pm

Sweatsock wrote:Don't think Inno was too happy with the way this thread was recieved, and uderstandably so IMO.

Agreed, only Hector, MK and myself have commended Inno on his post and find. The rest of you have commented on The Stig or Inno. Rolling Eyes
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998

Post  IOV Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:28 pm

DX-Superkick wrote:
    IOV wrote:I fail to see how Inno was slaughtered. Anyone who has posted on the old forum knows how much effort and personal time he put into Smash and he is respected for it. All I see is mass hysteria (again) to an off the cuff remark.

Inno wasn't slaughtered... He went out of his way to make me feel terrible... and then got called on it.

That seemed to be the hysteria, attacking my posts back then, just the drinking boys killing the others...

To be fair your comment was very smart arsed though. I just used you as you were the first poster that came to mind I could just have easily used JK, ShowStealer or any other poster who isnt a member of the various places gets smashed tours. If you were so hurt why didnt you call him on it yourself?

Im not even gonna touch your "drinking boys" comment
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:40 pm

ShowStealer wrote:

Agreed, only Hector, MK and myself have commended Inno on his post and find. The rest of you have commented on The Stig or Inno. Rolling Eyes

After you and MK praised the thread, and I responded to MK, the next two responses were a quip by MK and Inno crying. He only has himself to blame.
    ThatChumpStain
    ThatChumpStain

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post  ThatChumpStain Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:34 pm

Wow, after a couple of posts down there's so much "Couldn't-give-a-fuck" in this thread my brain melted.
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:53 pm

ThatChumpStain wrote:Wow, after a couple of posts down there's so much "Couldn't-give-a-fuck" in this thread my brain melted.

I guess that's one less thread for you to read then, and one less thread where I'm subjected to your posts. Everyone's a winner.
    MK
    MK

Number of posts : 622
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post  MK Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:07 pm

The Stig wrote:
    ThatChumpStain wrote:Wow, after a couple of posts down there's so much "Couldn't-give-a-fuck" in this thread my brain melted.

I guess that's one less thread for you to read then, and one less thread where I'm subjected to your posts. Everyone's a winner.

I'm convinced DX-Supercunt and Stig are the same person...
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:18 pm

MK wrote:
    The Stig wrote:

chin ponder whistle
    MK
    MK

Number of posts : 622
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post  MK Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:30 pm

The Stig wrote:
    MK wrote:
    The Stig wrote:

chin ponder whistle

Oh, sorry. Fucking twat, bullshit, this thread sucks, what did I do wrong?, etc. etc.

We on the same page now?
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:05 pm

MK wrote:
    The Stig wrote:
    MK wrote:
    The Stig wrote:

chin ponder whistle

Oh, sorry. Fucking twat, bullshit, this thread sucks, what did I do wrong?, etc. etc.

We on the same page now?

Suspect confused
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401

Post  Garibaldi Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:17 am

Hector_Nicols_Accordian wrote:This is such a rubbish arguement compared to what used to go on in the asylum, it's a step in the right direction though, well done to all involved! It's almost as if garibaldi engineered this to get the ratings up Smile

YouwhaHUH?

I've been on rarely of late due to accreditations at work to actually enable to have money to spend after payday taking up so much time. First I've seen of this. (see, there was logic behind the mods...)

To the best of my knowledge the majority of content from smashlife is no longer accessible - the forum content may even have been deleted by the ISP/forum provider due to inactivity. Pretty sure the URL isn't even trying to link these days. It's just down to what Inno and Groovy have archived.

So whilst, yes, it bmay not have needed hunting a server's redundant or archived files to locate the necessary pages, there's still the act of locating the relevant files (I've got a hard-drive full of back-up stuff from 18 months ago and I no longer have any real idea what's on there or where it's filed) and having the courtesy to make them available for anyone who wishes to know.

I'd like to say thanks to Inno for looking to make stuff we thought was lost available for everyone. It is a shame that it has blown into this - I honestly don't think there was any malice in Stig's original comment (maybe a winking smilie would have emphasised the humour and avoided all this so we could al go about our business posting elsewhere on the forum?). That doesn't even seem to have been where the real problem started though, it's just escalated as a mix of that and the real kindling...

To be honest DX, back in the day you (and the other DX kids) did earn quite a reputation for twattish behaviour. Since we restarted, though, there's been a definite improvement. Consider that Ino isn't a regular poster - it's therefore possible that he hasn't been aware of the imrovement. Plus it's the asylum, as Stigie says, so he's entitled to say what he wants, as is everyone else.

If we can agree to disagree here, I'd like to stress I think it's an excellent idea. Include the Hall of Fame to boot - quite a few are still about I think, and would help show how long we have been going. Hopefully, Inno can be persuaded to go ahead with it.

In the end, let's chill... mirror shades
    DougFlair
    DougFlair

Number of posts : 67

Post  DougFlair Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:18 am

For what it is worth, this is the first that I am seeing of this one. I have not been around because I have been busy spending time with my newborn daughter. I can understand better than most how Inno feels about the thankfulness of others. He ran the site and forums long before I even came around. When he left, that put me in charge of the site, guru section, etc. I get the same respect that he did, people don't appreciate what you do, they only comment about what you have not done.

I get told all the time about how "Smash has fallen" and is not as good as it once was. Yet, every time that I put out a call for addition help, it goes unanswered.

Inno has every right in the world to be upset with his work being demeaned as I see it, the same way that Garibaldi could be upset when people start to diminish the work that he has done putting up these new forums.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 pm