SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+28
Bradshaw101
Sweatsock
zhukov
Ram Jam
The Ayatollah
The Phenom
The Stig
ThatChumpStain
IOV
Shane McMahon
Dr Hellwig PhD
showstealer
PeteRoe
chr1s
Mezzy
James*
'Dub
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
fernzy
Crippin
The Real BIG BOSS MAN
DX-Superkick
Outlaw2x4
Shaun2J
disco stu
KJ
Rooq
MarkFromGoldenplec
32 posters

Official WWE rumour thread

IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Official WWE rumour thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official WWE rumour thread

Post  IOV Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:28 am

I see a LOT of matchs on there that can be found on other DVD'S they have released, I thought they didnt do that scratch
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Shaun2J Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:43 am

Like the WWE Championship History DVD, the matches were chosen by the WWE "Universe"
    KJ
    KJ

Number of posts : 124
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post  KJ Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:21 am

The Baltimore Sun's Kevin Eck recently conducted an interview with WWE star Jeff Hardy where he discussed a number of topics including the Nashville airport incident, his WWE suspension and more. Here are some highlights:

On the "incident" at a Nashville airport:
    "That was extremely blown out of proportion. So many wrestlers drink at times, and I had been drinking a lot that night. I’m not going to lie — I’ve been on planes a lot drunker than that. There was nothing rude done; I wasn’t violent or anything like that. I guess I was stumbling boarding the plane or something, and somebody must have just said that I was drunk, because I was asleep on the plane. This is Southwest, you know, open seating and everything. The first thing I remember is just waking up and security — it wasn’t police, it was security — saying, “Mr. Hardy, you have to get off the plane. We feel you’ve had too much to drink.” Matt got up and was like, “What’s the problem?” They were like, “He’s had too much to drink.” I go, “I was asleep. I’ll wake up in Raleigh. I’ve been like this before.” But I just cooperated and left the plane."

On his WWE suspension and losing his home:
    "Well, first of all, I have titled that the saddest day of my adult life — by far. The night I lost the Intercontinental title I had been suspended, which is to everybody’s knowledge now because I have been very open about that, and then that Friday night I lost everything, and the saddest thing is I lost my dog Jack. You hear about fires all the time, but then you experience it, man, it’s just like, “Wow, this really happens to people.” It’s a night I’ll never forget, naturally. A week or so later I found Jack’s body in the ruins. I got a little closure to that and cried a lot, was sad a lot and had bad dreams. When I came back we actually made that somewhat of a story line, but I was confident enough in myself and with Beth and everything that we got past that. You know, you can’t just die with everything you lost. You have to live for what you lost. So that’s what I’m doing now and everything’s much better. Our new house is under construction. It’s looking great, and hopefully by spring we’ll be in there. Thank God I had Matt, because if I didn’t I’d be renting an apartment somewhere. Matt’s been very cool to have open arms and invite us into his home."

On what it was like to miss WrestleMania this year:
    "It’s so strange, you know, because I was going to be a huge part of that in the Money in the Bank match, and Matt was hurt at the time and he was able to return at Mania, so, naturally, I watched it. I would have watched it anyway because I’m a huge ladder match fan and just to see how good the match would be. In a sense I was kind of sickened by the whole thing. But I did something wrong according to the Wellness Policy and I had to pay the price. So here I am on my last strike right now, and one more and I’m out, so I’m just trying to keep it all good. As far as WrestleMania goes, as angry or sad as I was that I missed it, I also was supposed to take part in an art show down there. I think Jerry Lawler was in it as well. I missed out on that just over what to me was a small mistake, but to them it’s huge."

Looks like he's STILL not learned his lesson...failing a wellness test cannot be a 'small mistake' surely?

Your thoughts?
    Bradshaw101
    Bradshaw101

Number of posts : 163

Post  Bradshaw101 Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:35 am

He's still in denial: "I did something wrong, according to the Wellness Policy". Not he did something wrong, he broke an arbitary rule. No wonder WWE won't give him the big belt.
    Shaun2J

Post  Shaun2J Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:43 am

STAMFORD, Conn., October 10, 2008 - In accordance with its Wellness Program, WWE has suspended Nick Nemeth (Dolph Ziggler) for 30 days for his first violation of the company’s policy.

Laughing
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:09 am

I KNEW he was familiar!

That's why they're doing the introduction thing, I suppose, so that people don't see him and just go "Spirit Squad! affraid "
    'Dub
    'Dub
    The Final Cylon

Number of posts : 350

Post  'Dub Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:16 am

Garibaldi wrote:I KNEW he was familiar!

That's why they're doing the introduction thing, I suppose, so that people don't see him and just go "Spirit Squad! affraid "

Or more likely, 'Who the hell is that?'
    KJ
    KJ

Post  KJ Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:16 am

No doubt he was a wellness violation waiting to happen.

Look at him in the spirit squad and look at him now.

Juiced up numpty.
    KJ
    KJ

Post  KJ Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:34 am

Local advertisements by the HSBC Arena in Buffalo, NY are promoting the following matches for this December's WWE Armageddon PPV:

- World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho vs. John Cena vs. Batista.

- WWE Champion Triple H vs. Vladimir Kozlov.

Tickets for the PPV go on sale October 18.
    The Real BIG BOSS MAN

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2008-10-02

Post  The Real BIG BOSS MAN Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:32 am

Oh great Cena.
    Bradshaw101
    Bradshaw101

Post  Bradshaw101 Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:07 am

And the grand tradition of Armageddon sucking looks set to continue.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:42 am

I thought he was supposed to be out for at least the next 6 months or so. Or has he made another "miraculous" recovery?
    Rooq
    Rooq

Number of posts : 588
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  Rooq Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:43 am

Garibaldi wrote:I thought he was supposed to be out for at least the next 6 months or so. Or has he made another "miraculous" recovery?

Strange how he keeps making this amazing recoverys and comes back looking fine...

Makes you think do the REAL big stars who get caught out be the wellness policy thing have it hidden or what ever and say its an "injury"

Anywho... who cares... dont watch it anymore anyway! WHOO HOOO! I just follow it on the NET!
    disco stu
    disco stu

Number of posts : 310
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

Post  disco stu Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:15 pm

Jesus man he has a scar from his pec tear.
    KJ
    KJ

Post  KJ Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:44 am

Lance Cade has been released.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719

Post  The Ayatollah Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:46 am

Yeah i just read that myself, took me by surprise when I saw it
    The Real BIG BOSS MAN

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2008-10-02

Post  The Real BIG BOSS MAN Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:47 am

cena is awful
    Bradshaw101
    Bradshaw101

Post  Bradshaw101 Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:40 am

The Ayatollah wrote:Yeah i just read that myself, took me by surprise when I saw it

It is rather odd. Anyone heard a reason for it yet?
    Shaun2J

Post  Shaun2J Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:24 am

Probably because he solt the SCM/Pedigree Combo like a beginner a few weeks back on RAW.
    KJ
    KJ

Post  KJ Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:37 am

I said to my mate after RAW last week that he had probably failed 'wellness' to get a beating as badly as he did.

Can't prove it though but if he's released a week later it sounds like something fishy is going on.
    zhukov
    zhukov

Number of posts : 99
    Registration date : 2008-09-26

Post  zhukov Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:50 am

surely its worth its own thread given that it is news rather than a rumour

as said, there is quite obviously more to meets the eye, its hardly just a random talent cut

only a few weeks ago he pinned HBK
    DX-Superkick
    DX-Superkick

Number of posts : 102

Post  DX-Superkick Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:18 pm

Rooq wrote:
    Garibaldi wrote:I thought he was supposed to be out for at least the next 6 months or so. Or has he made another "miraculous" recovery?

Strange how he keeps making this amazing recoverys and comes back looking fine...

Makes you think do the REAL big stars who get caught out be the wellness policy thing have it hidden or what ever and say its an "injury"

disco stu wrote:Jesus man he has a scar from his pec tear.

...cover up?
    disco stu
    disco stu

Number of posts : 310

Post  disco stu Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm

why would they use something that has a visible scar to cover it up, why not say he hurt his ankle or his back, maybe just maybe he really does want to be a wrestler as much as everyone says and he rehabed like a motherfucker to get back for mania?!?!
    MarkFromGoldenplec
    MarkFromGoldenplec

Number of posts : 132
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  MarkFromGoldenplec Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:41 am

Jim Ross has updated the blog section of his website at JrsBarbq.com, and this time around he addresses the reason why Lance Cade was released from WWE. JR blogged to clear the air over wrongful speculation that Cade was released due to poor performances in his recent Raw outings. Ross said the following:

As many of you know, Lance Cade was abruptly released from his contract this week much to the surprise of many of us. I have always thought that Cade had a wealth of physical potential and he was always a polite young man in my dealings with him. Like many fans, I too did my share of arm chair quarterbacking as to why Cade was not featured in a more prominent role on WWE TV programming. However it seemed that in the past several weeks those issues were being addressed even to the point of Cade defeating HBK on a recent Monday Night Raw.

The story that I have read on many internet sites about the reason for Cade's sudden dismissal isn't accurate. Many pundits speculate that Cade was dismissed because of a bad performance in a recent TV bout against DX on Raw which is absolutely untrue. Lance's dismissal had zero to do with his in ring performances or his lack of ability.

Lance Cade was dismissed from the WWE because, like many humans, he made a major league mistake while utilizing bad judgment that cost him his job. This included Lance having a seizure on an airplane and having to have emergency medial care. Luckily, Lilian Garcia was on the same flight and was instrumental in helping Lance get taken to a hospital where a battery of tests were run that luckily determined that there was nothing seriously wrong with the young man such as a brain tumor, etc.

Everyone makes mistakes, Lord knows I have made plenty in my career, but in this day and time some mistakes just simply can't be condoned. To some fans, Lance Cade will likely still be perceived as the victim in this matter and his punishment too harsh.

Under the circumstances of the situation, I don't know what other decision the WWE could have made. I'm just relieved that it wasn't me in my former role that would have had to address this matter. I really like this kid and hope that he continues to follow his dreams. Second chances are not foreign in the wrestling business so perhaps that could be in Lance's future but that's just a personal observation.

Lance Cade is a talented young man whose best days should be ahead of him and I wish him nothing but success. Lance has been knocked down and now it is up to him to get off the canvas and get back in the game. I'm damn sure pulling for him.

Let's hope Lance's peers are paying attention to this situation.
    Bradshaw101
    Bradshaw101

Post  Bradshaw101 Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:36 am

So drugs then? No second chances like Jeffykins for Lance though. That's what he gets for not selling merch!
    MarkFromGoldenplec
    MarkFromGoldenplec

Number of posts : 132
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  MarkFromGoldenplec Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:00 am

Bradshaw101 wrote:So drugs then? No second chances like Jeffykins for Lance though. That's what he gets for not selling merch!

Id say it was something a little more hardcore than just the odd line. Althought I find it hard to think whats more hardcore than crystal meth like Jeff. That said Jeff did miss 4 years in the WWE
    DX-Superkick
    DX-Superkick

Post  DX-Superkick Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:22 pm

MarkFromGoldenplec wrote:
    Bradshaw101 wrote:So drugs then? No second chances like Jeffykins for Lance though. That's what he gets for not selling merch!

Id say it was something a little more hardcore than just the odd line. Althought I find it hard to think whats more hardcore than crystal meth like Jeff. That said Jeff did miss 4 years in the WWE

But he was still good enough to make it great in TNA. Surprised
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:45 pm

DX-Superkick wrote:

I assume by "great" you mean repeated no-showing
    DX-Superkick
    DX-Superkick

Post  DX-Superkick Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:22 pm

Garibaldi wrote:
    DX-Superkick wrote:

I assume by "great" you mean repeated no-showing

Oh come on, they guy was great and at the end of his time he started no showing and they waited out his contract and didn't resign him.
    Bradshaw101
    Bradshaw101

Post  Bradshaw101 Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:13 am

Jeff was no showing within weeks of his first appearance, and only looked like a competent wrestler when he was jumping off very tall things. His match against Scott Hall is still burned deep inside my brain.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:17 pm