SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

Official WWE rumour thread

IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Re: Official WWE rumour thread

Post  IOV on Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:45 am

I remember reading somewhere that WWE thought he had a bad attitude back then

ThatChumpStain

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post  ThatChumpStain on Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:12 am

Can't really be an excuse given they keep getting their fingers burnt with Teddy Hart though.

showstealer

Number of posts : 1977
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer on Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:18 am

IOV wrote:I remember reading somewhere that WWE thought he had a bad attitude back then
    He refers to himself backstage as LO-KI, similar to the character in the wrestler, call me Randy...

'Dub
    The Final Cylon

Number of posts : 350
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  'Dub on Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:28 am

ShowStealer wrote:
    IOV wrote:I remember reading somewhere that WWE thought he had a bad attitude back then
    He refers to himself backstage as LO-KI, similar to the character in the wrestler, call me Randy...

It's generally accepted to call other wrestlers in the biz by their stage name, not real name.

showstealer

Post  showstealer on Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:51 am

'Dub wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:

It's generally accepted to call other wrestlers in the biz by their stage name, not real name.
    First off, how would you know?!

If that's right, going around saying don't disrespect Lo-Ki backstage is a bit different.

IOV

Post  IOV on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:09 am

ShowStealer wrote:
    'Dub wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:

First off, how would you know?!

If that's right, going around saying don't disrespect Lo-Ki backstage is a bit different.

Try calling 'Taker Mark and see how you get on

'Dub
    The Final Cylon

Number of posts : 350

Post  'Dub on Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:05 am

I was just explaining that's why Low-Ki probably refers to himself by his stage name. It's not uncommon.

James*

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2009-01-21

Post  James* on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:10 pm

Smackdown wrestler Scotty Goldman was sent down to Florida Championship Wrestling to work on his new character as a humorous backstage interviewer. It is being reported that he is the closest development talent to be called up to the main roster but WWE officials feel he does not have the "TV star" look.

Goldman has not appeared on WWE TV since September.

-Lordsofpain.net

Just let him do his thing as Colt Cabana and be done with it!!

IOV

Post  IOV on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:31 pm

James* wrote:Smackdown wrestler Scotty Goldman was sent down to Florida Championship Wrestling to work on his new character as a humorous backstage interviewer. It is being reported that he is the closest development talent to be called up to the main roster but WWE officials feel he does not have the "TV star" look.

-Lordsofpain.net

Surely he was hired based on his ROH run so they should know he has the humourous backstage interviewer schtick down to a tee

Is Ace Steel still in development as well or was he released?

The Stig

Number of posts : 701

Post  The Stig on Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:53 pm

IOV wrote:
    James* wrote:Smackdown wrestler Scotty Goldman was sent down to Florida Championship Wrestling to work on his new character as a humorous backstage interviewer. It is being reported that he is the closest development talent to be called up to the main roster but WWE officials feel he does not have the "TV star" look.

-Lordsofpain.net

Surely he was hired based on his ROH run so they should know he has the humourous backstage interviewer schtick down to a tee

Is Ace Steel still in development as well or was he released?

He was released.

Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Shaun2J on Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:07 am

Rock icons AC/DC will be performing the theme to Wrestlemania XXV, based on comments Linda McMahon made last month while appearing at the 36th Annual Global Media and Communications Conference.

There's no word what song will be used as the theme for the April flagship PPV promoted by the company.

Vince McMahon became a huge AC/DC fan after they performed on a 2000 episode of Saturday Night Live hosted by Dwayne Johnson that also featured several other main event performers prior to Wrestlemania that year. He and John Cena "rocking out" at a recent concert in New York City made the local gossip pages in the Metropolitan area.

Source: Mike Johnson

Well that just kicks ass!

Mezzy

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2008-11-20

Post  Mezzy on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:42 pm

I'd love to see Vince rocking out! Laughing

chr1s

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2009-01-01

Post  chr1s on Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:03 pm

The latest rumour doing the rounds is the whole Chris Jericho Vs The Legends Angle is going to pay off with a Hulk Hogan / Chris Jericho match at WrestleMania 25 Mad

PeteRoe

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  PeteRoe on Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:13 pm

Where have you heard that?

I dont wanna see Hogan at all in the WWE again! The guys like a 100 and has knees that are so shot.

Piss off already.

IOV

Post  IOV on Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:23 pm

- There have been a lot of rumors going around regarding Hulk Hogan working WrestleMania 25. The word going around at the No Way Out PPV was that contact was made between Vince and Hogan about a match at the event. As of Sunday, the lead match discusses was Hogan vs. Cena. On Raw, WWE began a Cena vs. Edge program, so the match with Hogan seems to not be likely. The latest word is that Hogan could face Chris Jericho as a part of the ongoing angle between Jericho, Mickey Rourke and various WWE legends. [Credit: Pwinsider.com]

chr1s

Post  chr1s on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:20 pm

IOV wrote:- There have been a lot of rumors going around regarding Hulk Hogan working WrestleMania 25. The word going around at the No Way Out PPV was that contact was made between Vince and Hogan about a match at the event. As of Sunday, the lead match discusses was Hogan vs. Cena. On Raw, WWE began a Cena vs. Edge program, so the match with Hogan seems to not be likely. The latest word is that Hogan could face Chris Jericho as a part of the ongoing angle between Jericho, Mickey Rourke and various WWE legends. [Credit: Pwinsider.com]

Yep thats where I heard it from!

Shane McMahon

Number of posts : 351
    Registration date : 2008-10-12

Post  Shane McMahon on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:29 pm

ThatChumpStain

Post  ThatChumpStain on Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:51 pm

N....* needs money after the divorce, brother!

* - Courtesy: Booker T.

Last edited by Garibaldi on Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cheating the swear filter, naughty boy!)

Ram Jam

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2009-01-26

Post  Ram Jam on Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:58 pm

Man, I so hope that isn't true. I would take Rourke over Hogan, but I was hoping for one of the rumors of possibly Austin vs. Jericho to happen. Austin said he would trust Jericho to work with him if he had another match, so I figured that would be cool.

I don't think Jericho will be going over whoever he faces at Mania, but I hope he doesn't have to job to Hogan, I don't want to see that happen.

chr1s

Post  chr1s on Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:11 pm

Ram Jam wrote:Man, I so hope that isn't true. I would take Rourke over Hogan, but I was hoping for one of the rumors of possibly Austin vs. Jericho to happen. Austin said he would trust Jericho to work with him if he had another match, so I figured that would be cool.

I don't think Jericho will be going over whoever he faces at Mania, but I hope he doesn't have to job to Hogan, I don't want to see that happen

I don't think anyone in the Wrestling Internet Community wants to see that!!

ThatChumpStain

Post  ThatChumpStain on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:29 pm

chr1s wrote:
    Ram Jam wrote:Man, I so hope that isn't true. I would take Rourke over Hogan, but I was hoping for one of the rumors of possibly Austin vs. Jericho to happen. Austin said he would trust Jericho to work with him if he had another match, so I figured that would be cool.

I don't think Jericho will be going over whoever he faces at Mania, but I hope he doesn't have to job to Hogan, I don't want to see that happen

Did you meet Hogan Is God on the old boards?

Ram Jam

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2009-01-26

Post  Ram Jam on Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:04 pm

ThatChumpStain wrote:
    chr1s wrote:

I remember him vaguely; I was F33susChrist/Julius Feeser on the old boards, myself.

The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719

Post  The Ayatollah on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:20 am

I remember him as well.

Hope to god Jericho doesnt end up having to face Hogan at Mania,vs Austin wouldnt be all bad though, wouldnt mind seeing that

showstealer

Post  showstealer on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:57 am

I've met HIG, he isn't as weird as you would think.

On the subject of weirdness, I had my first ever dream about wrestling a few months back (WTF?!). Suspect I was working for WWE and I had to get the champion...Matt Hardy! (again, WTF?!) to agree to drop the title to Brock Lesnar (???) he was refusing to as he didn't believe Lesnar deserve it (the only bit that made sense) and Wrestlemania was going to get cancelled as a result! He pointed out that he jobbed to his brother the year before (spoiler?!) and would of been willing to drop the title to anyone, but not Lesnar!

So yeah, I hope Hogan isn't at Wrestlemania.

Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401

Post  Garibaldi on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:31 am

Ram Jam wrote:
    ThatChumpStain wrote:
    chr1s wrote:

I remember him vaguely; I was F33susChrist/Julius Feeser on the old boards, myself.

explains a bit...

I've got a day or two off now and my accreditation has just finished stage 1 so I'll get you added to the private zone

Dr Hellwig PhD

Number of posts : 217
    Location : Perpetually moving through shitholes. Or Polmont and Croy as they are otherwise known
    Registration date : 2008-10-28

Post  Dr Hellwig PhD on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:26 pm

ShowStealer wrote:I've met HIG, he isn't as weird as you would think.

On the subject of weirdness, I had my first ever dream about wrestling a few months back (WTF?!). Suspect I was working for WWE and I had to get the champion...Matt Hardy! (again, WTF?!) to agree to drop the title to Brock Lesnar (???) he was refusing to as he didn't believe Lesnar deserve it (the only bit that made sense) and Wrestlemania was going to get cancelled as a result! He pointed out that he jobbed to his brother the year before (spoiler?!) and would of been willing to drop the title to anyone, but not Lesnar!

So yeah, I hope Hogan isn't at Wrestlemania.

I once had a dream that Wrestlemania was in Glasgow but I couldn't go because I was working a shift in Rufus T's (a fairly well known pub in Glasgow City Centre) but they held the after show party in there. I beat Hulk Hogan in the final of a pool tournament and then he bought me a pint of snakebite.

The really weird thing is - I'm not making that up.

Anyway, yes, like him or loathe him Hogan helped to make WWF the success that it is and to make Wrestlemania - it's fitting that he has some part in the show although I'd have preferred him as a special ref or in the corner of Cena or something along those lines.

Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401

Post  Garibaldi on Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:24 am

ThatChumpStain wrote:N....* needs money after the divorce, brother!

naughty way of skipping the bad word filter there btw, Chump...missed it the first time.

Shane McMahon

Number of posts : 351
    Registration date : 2008-10-12

Post  Shane McMahon on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:01 am

Garibaldi wrote:

naughty way of skipping the bad word filter there btw, Chump...missed it the first time.

Bring back the Strike system. It was most fun.

IOV

Post  IOV on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:48 am

Terry Silver wrote:
    Garibaldi wrote:

I liked them too..........well I must have because I got enough of them!

The Stig

Number of posts : 701

Post  The Stig on Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:04 am

Terry Silver wrote:
    Garibaldi wrote:

We could just ban TCS outright?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:04 am