SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

How I almost fought the TNA Locker room

The Phenom

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

How I almost fought the TNA Locker room

Post  The Phenom on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:07 pm

This may belong in the TNA section, however it has very little to do with TNA and is more just a funny story. And as a side note, yes, we were a little drunk, but not too bad.

Last month I noticed an ad in a local paper about TNA wrestling coming to the local arena for a Saturday night show. Having nothing better to do, some friends and I decided to go. We arrived at the arena (very small, maybe 1000 seats, of which 600 were taken) and parked the truck. The arena didn't really have a main entrance, so we went towards the side door closest to where we parked, which had a sign on it that said "tickets". So we figured that this is where we enter to buy tickets, or at least that this was an entrance for ticket holders. But no, it was an entrance directly into the TNA locker room. So we walked in, and walked through just trying to act like we belonged there, as to not start any confrontations. That was going well, we made it out of the locker room to the hallway, until we ran into Booker T. For the record, he is huge, and apparently doesn't like it when people interrupt his stretching period. We were all sort of shocked, so the first word out of my friends mouth was to see if Booker would take a picture with us. He blatantly refused, and we persisted until he got pretty angry and stood up, and told us to get out of the back stage area.

So we went into the arena and found some open seats, so getting in for free was pretty nice. The show was mediocre, lots of crap, followed by a couple of good matches to finish it. Having been turned down once before for a picture with Booker, we decided it would be a great idea to head back towards the locker room, just to see if we could meet any of them. Well, the security was once again so horrible that we made it back to the hallway where the locker rooms were, and that's when we met some asshats called Beer Money Inc (accompanied by Jaqueline) and Johnny Devine. Devine came up into the crowd to watch the rest of the show, and happened to sit right near us, and we talked to him a little, so we though maybe he would recognize us. Nope. One of the guys from Beer Money said "keep fucking walking" when we stopped to try and take his picture, and when we took it anyway he got visibly angry. We then were chased out by him. We got in the truck, and decided to drive by him (he was now on his cell phone outside of the arena) and we yelled at him a bit "beer money sucks", "you keep fucking walking you bitch", etc....

So yeah, TNA has very horrible security, and the talent isn't very nice to fans.
    burt_gummer_save_us

Number of posts : 22
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Re: How I almost fought the TNA Locker room

Post  burt_gummer_save_us on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:18 pm

The man known as the stig will probably tell you that you weren't actually anywhere near fighting the TNA locker rom, but I enjoyed hearing about your crazy adventure.
    Uptown Llama of Doom
    Smash's No.1 Hobo

Number of posts : 221
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Uptown Llama of Doom on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:52 pm

Cool story, but why should the talent go out of their way to accommodate you when you clearly are in an area you do not belong in?
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401

Post  Garibaldi on Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:38 am

Especially as at the UK tour, so many of them were only too willing to come out and sign and pose for photos. I had one with Abyss but it didn't come out, BoD and Sweatsock, amongst many photos, sold out for one with Hebner. (Great story for that one, I'll let them tell you)

Post  The Phenom on Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:59 am

Uptown Llama of Doom wrote:Cool story, but why should the talent go out of their way to accommodate you when you clearly are in an area you do not belong in?

Not really mad that they denied us, but more the rudeness that they did it in.
    Mr Torrie Wilson

Number of posts : 301
    Registration date : 2008-10-03

Post  Mr Torrie Wilson on Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:01 pm

For guys that were drunk, invaded the locker room and didn't pay for tickets your senses of entitlement are quite astonishing.
    The Phenom

Post  The Phenom on Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:59 pm

Well for the lack of security they had, and open doors that lead directly into the locker room from the parking lot, they could have handled it better. We were very polite until the end.
    'Dub
    The Final Cylon

Number of posts : 350

Post  'Dub on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:18 am

The Phenom wrote:
    Uptown Llama of Doom wrote:Cool story, but why should the talent go out of their way to accommodate you when you clearly are in an area you do not belong in?

Not really mad that they denied us, but more the rudeness that they did it in.

They're heels.
    The Phenom

Post  The Phenom on Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:25 pm

Yeah that was something that did cross my mind. That maybe they didn't want to break kayfabe. But I don't watch TNA so I really didn't know.
    The Stig

Number of posts : 701

Post  The Stig on Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:10 am

The Phenom wrote:Yeah that was something that did cross my mind. That maybe they didn't want to break kayfabe. But I don't watch TNA so I really didn't know.

You knew the name of the team, but not whether they were heels or not? scratch
    The Phenom

Post  The Phenom on Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:33 pm

They fought some jobbers earlier in the night, crowd was dead, so I couldn't tell.
    brother of destruction

Number of posts : 370

Post  brother of destruction on Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:38 am

Garibaldi wrote:Especially as at the UK tour, so many of them were only too willing to come out and sign and pose for photos. I had one with Abyss but it didn't come out, BoD and Sweatsock, amongst many photos, sold out for one with Hebner. (Great story for that one, I'll let them tell you)
    when Hebner appeared, we resumed our "referee's a wanker" chant from Manchester a few years ago, which caught on. Hebner on the way up the steps, turned at us & screamed "up yours assholes" (or similar) accompanied by the hand signal. After the show, a load of the guys came out to sign photos (it has to be said, none of them could go to too much trouble, Joe was one of the nicest guys I've met). Hebner came over to us & said quietly "you two know I'm not really an asshole & it's just part of the show, right?". Suggested a photo, then when Gari couldn't work the camera, shouted about how useless we were, winked at us & went off to see someone else. Got the photo later on. He's honestly a canny guy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:03 am