SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!


    Room 101 V. 1.85

    Share
    avatar
    The Stig

    Number of posts : 701
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  The Stig on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:44 pm

    The Ayatollah wrote:I'm glad he's retiring, hes like 80ish surely?? Ive just got a serious disdain for celebrity shows, and have never been a fan of anything Andrew Lloyd Webber is a part of. Forsyth was good 10-15 years ago, but waaaay too old now. Thanks to these 'celeb' shows and Pop Idol-like shows we have been brought the likes of Jade bloody Goody, Kerry Katona/McFaddyen/Croft, musicians like Hearsay who were an ear-sore and many more. Plus I dont like anything Ant n Dec are a part of, didnt even like them in their Byker Grove days Laughing

    He is 80, yes.

    I'm not a huge fan of the BBC's ALW shows either (I prefer the ITV shows like Dancing on Ice, X Factor, etc; and Channel 4's Big Brother), but they do have their place on TV, and people obviously enjoy them because they attract huge ratings.

    As IOV has said, Kerry Katona was famous before winning "I'm a Celebrity..." as she was a member of Atomic Kitten.

    If you don't like anything they're in, then as I said before, don't watch. Easy. Nobody's forcing you to watch ITV whenever they're on; you can easily pick up a remote control and change the channel. If you say they're on the radio, in newspapers, etc, then just change the channel or don't read the article - they tend to be branded with the show's logo anyway, so you can easily avoid it.
    avatar
    The Stig

    Number of posts : 701
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  The Stig on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:45 pm

    IOV wrote:Poor argument all round, i say they stay out!

    I agree. Very Happy

    I say the people who complain about said programmes go in instead. Razz
    avatar
    The Ayatollah

    Number of posts : 719
    Age : 37
    Location : Edinburgh
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  The Ayatollah on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:50 pm

    LMAO! Its not the fact that its crap TV, I usually do change over when said programmes are on. Its the fact that they get so much damn coverage in newspapers that irritates me.

    Atomic Kitten were crap anyway Laughing
    avatar
    The Stig

    Number of posts : 701
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  The Stig on Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:05 pm

    The Ayatollah wrote:LMAO! Its not the fact that its crap TV, I usually do change over when said programmes are on. Its the fact that they get so much damn coverage in newspapers that irritates me.

    Atomic Kitten were crap anyway Laughing


    You don't have to read the articles though. It's not like they're wasting valuable space that could be taken up by something important - it's just replacing David Beckham's new haircut, or today's headline of "Fans want me dead - The Joey Barton story".

    Oh, and don't disrespect Atomic Kitten again.
    avatar
    KabukiJoe

    Number of posts : 492
    Age : 35
    Location : North Yorkshire
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  KabukiJoe on Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:52 pm

    Surely for the fact that Pop Idol gave us The Cheeky Girls is more than a good enough reason that these kind of shows go into Room 101?
    avatar
    The Stig

    Number of posts : 701
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  The Stig on Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:25 pm

    KabukiJoe wrote:Surely for the fact that Pop Idol gave us The Cheeky Girls is more than a good enough reason that these kind of shows go into Room 101?

    Well that's not strictly true - it's not as if they won the competition, or even promoted them beyond their initial audition.

    I think the use of The Cheeky Girls in comedy roles has more than justified their existence anyway.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  Guest on Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:57 am

    IOV wrote:Kerry Katona was famous before her TV show, she was an original member of Atomic Kitten you may have heard of them they were quite famous

    Poor argument all round, i say they stay out!

    Peter Andre had a string of top 10 hits based solely on his looks and in spite of not being able to sing for shit. We forgot these people for a reason.

    I actually like the Lloyd Webber ones as I'm a fan of musicals, and I find the dancing/skating ones to be entertaining irrespective of the z-list status of the celebrities because the emphasis is on the activity itself, not on them.

    The ones I don't like are where they go on programmes and act like themselves for 2-6 months (Big Brother, Love Island, Get me out of here etc) because they're not even remotely entertaining, are designed solely so that celebrities we forgot about for a reason can give themselves figurative blowjobs on camera and, as with Poop-Factor, they are spread out across every form of media available so even people who hate it have to suffer.

    For me, the only entertaining thing about X Factor is watching the people Simon Cowell and co. rejected shoot to the top because they kept working whilst every winner releases one album and then plummets into obscurity before turning up on I'm a Celebrity's Big Brother Get Me out of here.

    The only reason I hesitate putting them in now is that I make a rather tidy sum by winning bets with (mostly women) fans of the show that whoever wins vanishes or breaks up within a year. If I add it all up I think I've made about 500 since Pop Idol 2.
    avatar
    IOV

    Number of posts : 998
    Age : 33
    Location : Ireland
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  IOV on Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:28 am

    Peter Andre's song Mysterious girl is one of the most recognisable songs of the 90's in Britain i have seen 16 stone, hairy bikers hum along to it, so it has its cheesey charms. Infact im humming it right now

    Big Bro and Im a Celeb are car crash tv, you tune in to see people crack up and make fools of themselves, i prefered it when it was more of a social experiment to see how people would deal with being cut off from the outside world and how they would cope with the different personalities. They lost their way for a while but i think Big Brother showed this year they are trying to get back to that.

    Love Island while shite at least means that wankers like Calum Best and Paul Danaan actually have to get out of bed for their money (only to try their best to get back into it)
    avatar
    showstealer

    Number of posts : 1977
    Age : 74
    Location : The 3rd Division.
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  showstealer on Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:50 am

    Doesn't each person have their own room 101? There is no way a group of 20 or so could agree on everything that goes in if they did it wouldn't be anything interesting. Fuck sake, you're arguing about Peter Andre!


    Smartarses are top of my list, there's nothing more annoying.

    I would have the new breed (arsenal) of football fans, although they fit in to the first group as well.

    Kids from the suburbs who think they are all gangster and shit.

    People who believe others should have certain things, e.g. marriage, kids, processions etc. These people are usually very boring and don't get much out of life.

    People who don't work and have no reason not to.
    avatar
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

    Number of posts : 1401
    Age : 43
    Location : First in line for the funny farm
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  Garibaldi on Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:05 am

    IOV wrote:Kerry Katona was famous before her TV show, she was an original member of Atomic Kitten you may have heard of them they were quite famous

    Poor argument all round, i say they stay out!

    Yes, you have a certain Mr Andrew McCluskey to blame for Katona.

    Actually, blame the record buying public for not buying OMD records to the point where he quit recording and started creating bands to manage instead.

    Moral of the story....to avoid being swamped with talentless bints, go out and buy OMDs new album when it's released! Cool


    _________________
    Miss You Dad...

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  Guest on Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:24 am

    ShowStealer wrote:Doesn't each person have their own room 101? There is no way a group of 20 or so could agree on everything that goes in if they did it wouldn't be anything interesting. Fuck sake, you're arguing about Peter Andre!

    Last time I checked the point of Room 101 was to convince other people it should go in.

    At least that was the format of every show I watched.
    avatar
    'Dub
    The Final Cylon

    Number of posts : 350
    Age : 31
    Location : Cardiff, Wales.
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  'Dub on Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:25 am

    ShowStealer wrote:Smartarses are top of my list, there's nothing more annoying..

    People who don't work and have no reason not to.

    I know, I'm awesome. Cool
    avatar
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

    Number of posts : 1401
    Age : 43
    Location : First in line for the funny farm
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  Garibaldi on Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:30 pm

    The Real JK wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:Doesn't each person have their own room 101? There is no way a group of 20 or so could agree on everything that goes in if they did it wouldn't be anything interesting. Fuck sake, you're arguing about Peter Andre!

    Last time I checked the point of Room 101 was to convince other people it should go in.

    At least that was the format of every show I watched.

    No, the point of the TV show was that. The original concept of Room 101 was an Orwellian creation which contained the worst fears of the specific person. Therefore Showstealer is technically correct in his assumption.

    For example, you're afraid of finishing below us in the league, RTD-written Doctor Who and, judging by your facebook photo, having your photo take normally. Doesn't apply to the rest of us Razz


    _________________
    Miss You Dad...
    avatar
    showstealer

    Number of posts : 1977
    Age : 74
    Location : The 3rd Division.
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  showstealer on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:22 pm

    'Dub wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:Smartarses are top of my list, there's nothing more annoying..

    People who don't work and have no reason not to.

    I know, I'm awesome. Cool
    I also forgot to chuck Wales in Anne Robinson style! Twisted Evil

    By the way, how many Weatherspoons does Cardiff have? I was there last Saturday and saw 4 and didn't explore much!

    I'm glad that someone has read Orwell Garibaldi. The best part of the TV show was Fry's room lovely, now there's an idea for a thread!
    avatar
    'Dub
    The Final Cylon

    Number of posts : 350
    Age : 31
    Location : Cardiff, Wales.
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  'Dub on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:34 pm

    There's a lot. They all suck, too.
    avatar
    disco stu

    Number of posts : 310
    Age : 33
    Location : A cold dark hell of his own making.
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  disco stu on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:26 pm

    As opposed to all those really good weatherspoons?
    avatar
    Big Dave

    Number of posts : 1194
    Age : 39
    Location : Hell
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  Big Dave on Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:37 am

    disco stu wrote:As opposed to all those really good weatherspoons?

    I went in an ok one in London! Plus they might be shit but they are cheap.


    -------------

    Celebrity voice overs on ads, especially Tesco's and WH Smiths.
    avatar
    Sweatsock

    Number of posts : 360
    Age : 32
    Location : Glasgow
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  Sweatsock on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:11 am

    Big Dave wrote:
    disco stu wrote:As opposed to all those really good weatherspoons?

    I went in an ok one in London! Plus they might be shit but they are cheap.


    -------------

    Celebrity voice overs on ads, especially Tesco's and WH Smiths.

    There's a Wetherspoon's in Glasgow called The Counting House which is a pretty good place to meet up with folk at the start of a night out. Good prices on the big range of beers and Inno loves the guest ales although they all taste the same to me.

    It was also the scene of the first ever Glasgow Gets Smashed. For the record, Hector bought the first round. Not sure if he's bought one since though..... Very Happy
    avatar
    Inno
    Old School Evil Genius

    Number of posts : 135
    Age : 42
    Location : Middle of nowhere, turn left
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  Inno on Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:09 am

    The guest ales rock and they're usually cheap too!
    avatar
    'Dub
    The Final Cylon

    Number of posts : 350
    Age : 31
    Location : Cardiff, Wales.
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  'Dub on Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:50 am

    disco stu wrote:As opposed to all those really good weatherspoons?

    Well somehow I doubt ShowStealer brought them up because he hated them.
    avatar
    showstealer

    Number of posts : 1977
    Age : 74
    Location : The 3rd Division.
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  showstealer on Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:28 pm

    'Dub wrote:
    disco stu wrote:As opposed to all those really good weatherspoons?

    Well somehow I doubt ShowStealer brought them up because he hated them.
    I was in the key keeper (or what ever it was called, right by the millenium stadium) and thought it was very decent, although the beer and burger deal was over 4! Perhaps the price has gone without me realising!

    I am a big fan of weatherpoons, great place to start a night and get some cheap grub!
    avatar
    The Ayatollah

    Number of posts : 719
    Age : 37
    Location : Edinburgh
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  The Ayatollah on Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:28 pm

    Id like to nominate Batista to go in...im well pissed off!
    avatar
    Rooq

    Number of posts : 585
    Age : 2015
    Location : Earth
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  Rooq on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:04 am

    Jim Magilton
    Joey Barton

    Should do me thankyooooo
    avatar
    The Ayatollah

    Number of posts : 719
    Age : 37
    Location : Edinburgh
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  The Ayatollah on Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:35 am

    I'll second Joey Barton, little ex Man Shitty wanker, and a violent wee bastard.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  Guest on Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:27 am

    Garibaldi wrote:
    The Real JK wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:Doesn't each person have their own room 101? There is no way a group of 20 or so could agree on everything that goes in if they did it wouldn't be anything interesting. Fuck sake, you're arguing about Peter Andre!

    Last time I checked the point of Room 101 was to convince other people it should go in.

    At least that was the format of every show I watched.

    No, the point of the TV show was that. The original concept of Room 101 was an Orwellian creation which contained the worst fears of the specific person. Therefore Showstealer is technically correct in his assumption.

    For example, you're afraid of finishing below us in the league, RTD-written Doctor Who and, judging by your facebook photo, having your photo take normally. Doesn't apply to the rest of us Razz

    I am the least photogenic person I know. Ergo I deliberately prat around so that I have some measure of control over how ridiculous I look Wink
    avatar
    showstealer

    Number of posts : 1977
    Age : 74
    Location : The 3rd Division.
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  showstealer on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:19 am

    The Ayatollah wrote:Id like to nominate Batista to go in...im well pissed off!
    So am I now you fucking prick. Mad Evil or Very Mad
    avatar
    The Stig

    Number of posts : 701
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  The Stig on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:27 am

    ShowStealer wrote:
    The Ayatollah wrote:Id like to nominate Batista to go in...im well pissed off!
    So am I now you fucking prick. Mad Evil or Very Mad

    Some people have no consideration for others, do they?
    avatar
    Shane McMahon

    Number of posts : 352
    Age : 47
    Location : New York
    Registration date : 2008-10-12

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  Shane McMahon on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:06 am

    ShowStealer wrote:
    The Ayatollah wrote:Id like to nominate Batista to go in...im well pissed off!
    So am I now you fucking prick. Mad Evil or Very Mad

    What? He only just found out that Batista cheated on his wife. I'm pissed off with that adulterer as well Mad
    avatar
    The Ayatollah

    Number of posts : 719
    Age : 37
    Location : Edinburgh
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  The Ayatollah on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:07 am

    Who you calling a prick smartarse?? First Stig havin a pop at me..now you SS? Sod the both of ya Evil or Very Mad
    avatar
    showstealer

    Number of posts : 1977
    Age : 74
    Location : The 3rd Division.
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  showstealer on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:43 am

    The Ayatollah wrote:Who you calling a prick smartarse?? First Stig havin a pop at me..now you SS? Sod the both of ya Evil or Very Mad
    Laughing

    Sponsored content

    Re: Room 101 V. 1.85

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:07 am