SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+23
Garibaldi
showstealer
brother of destruction
KabukiJoe
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Rooq
PeteRoe
IOV
Sweatsock
ThatChumpStain
genehunt
Clarkey
The Ayatollah
MarkFromGoldenplec
Mezzy
Dr Hellwig PhD
fernzy
zhukov
The Chosen1
Ultimo LJ
RKO
Tomc2488
next_big_thing
27 posters

Official Premiership Thread

Official Premiership Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Official Premiership Thread

Post  Guest Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:07 am

Is there some mass delusion machine at White Hart Lane ? Bentley said he was leaving for a CL calibre side and now Redknapp thinks he's managing a big side??
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:27 am

ShowStealer wrote:
    Garibaldi wrote: he's getting his one crack at the big time before retiring.
    He's managing Spurs not a team chasing the title! Twisted Evil

We'll he'd never get Chelsea, he wouldn't get a bottomless wad of money to spend with the other three, and given Man City and Villa have got their guys in place this is probably the best approach he's got Wink
    Rooq
    Rooq

Number of posts : 588
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  Rooq Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:23 am

I have to admit, nothing agaisnt Spurs fans here, but im amazed all the press and TV coverage that the sacking and new boss of spurs got, most people I know who like football where like, oh another a new manager there who cares, yet the press where treating it like Fergie had left Man United and been Replaced by Jose Mourihno!!! must be a london thing I guess as to be honest, around here, no one really cared about it unless you was a spurs fan!
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  The Ayatollah Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:33 am

Makes no odds to me, Harry is overrated and Spurs are still shite Very Happy

Post  Guest Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:11 am

Rooq wrote:I have to admit, nothing agaisnt Spurs fans here, but im amazed all the press and TV coverage that the sacking and new boss of spurs got, most people I know who like football where like, oh another a new manager there who cares, yet the press where treating it like Fergie had left Man United and been Replaced by Jose Mourihno!!! must be a london thing I guess as to be honest, around here, no one really cared about it unless you was a spurs fan!

No most people I know didn't give a shit either. Only Spurs fans care about what happens to Spurs and they're also the only ones who think everyone else cares Razz
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998

Post  IOV Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:33 am

The Real JK wrote:
    Rooq wrote:I have to admit, nothing agaisnt Spurs fans here, but im amazed all the press and TV coverage that the sacking and new boss of spurs got, most people I know who like football where like, oh another a new manager there who cares, yet the press where treating it like Fergie had left Man United and been Replaced by Jose Mourihno!!! must be a london thing I guess as to be honest, around here, no one really cared about it unless you was a spurs fan!

No most people I know didn't give a shit either. Only Spurs fans care about what happens to Spurs and they're also the only ones who think everyone else cares Razz

Every fan only cares about their own team but all the rumours coming from Whit Hart Lane implied that Commoli was going and Ramos and Poyet would be given more time fast forward a matter of hours and they are all gone that why it was so newsworthy

Throw in the fact that everyone wanks over the cheeky chappie, wheeler dealer Harry Redknapp and it was Sky Sports news heaven!

This smilie conveys my thoughts on it best: Neutral
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991

Post  showstealer Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:58 am

Here's my smiley of choice: clown

What a joke Spurs are.

OI Clarkey! Have you heard of a player with the Surname 'Anderson'? Apparently he's 14 and is playing for the Arsenal U16s and scoring 40 goals a season for them! And he's English! Shocked

His dad played for Southend and scored against Charlton... He also directed the Nike advert where you had the player's view during matches for Arsenal and Holland.
    fernzy
    fernzy

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  fernzy Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:43 am

Tony Adams been confirmed as the new Pompey manager.

Post  Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:55 am

Good luck to him!
    Rooq
    Rooq

Number of posts : 588

Post  Rooq Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:59 am

Thats Pompey going down then.

Great players dont make good managers, remeber him at Wycombe!!! Hmmm yeah he was great there!
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:11 am

Best news I've heard all week!

Means he won't be following 'Arry to the Lane Cool
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:36 am

Hes got a good ready made team there for him, the players know him and seem to like him so he should do well

The only thing that could count against him is maybe he was too familiar with the players and he wont be able to command the respect an incoming manager would

It'll be interesting to see in January if there will be a mass exodus or if Donkey can keep them together to the summer and maybe a god finish in the league will convince them to stay on

Post  Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:49 pm

Say what you want about Redknapp but I'm a little more wary about tomorrow night than I would have been if Ramos were still in charge.

Eep Neutral
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:59 am

Isn't the majority of that Arsenal team the same as the team of "Kids" that we beat 5-1 at the Lane? Kinda nixes the arguments it was just a bunch of reserves...

And how's that for irony? Arsenal supposedly have the transport infastructure, we have the traffic jams, and yet we get to the ground early, they're stuck in traffic and almost miss the 1 hour deadline! Laughing
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:16 pm

Tik a boo, Bentley! Shocked cheers
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:35 pm

BBC are'nt even saying its a GOTS contender they are saying its THE Goal of the Season Shocked
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:02 pm

The control and vision were beautiful, but there will be - and have been - better goals this season. The free kick Hull beat us with is just one example.

And Cesc Fabregas is a dirty cheating basserd - it looked like a slip from most angles by Bentley, but Redkanp's right, the slo-mo clearly shows Fabregas, nowhere near playing the ball, taking out bentleys foot as he turned. And then he not only plays on, but wins the corner. Their play had deserved a goal, and our defending the corner deserved to conceede one, but not with that in the build-up.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:10 pm

Do they just train gooners to collapse when they trip over a daisy or get tapped by a falling leaf??? If that was a free kick then what was holding Bentley off in the build-up to theirs? Diabolical

As, once again, was the defendingof the set piece. Evil or Very Mad

Edit: OK, not all gooners, but Van Persie can't take 5 steps without falling over this half - bloody disgrace. Claiming a penalty because he couldn't reach the ball now. Jackass.

Pavlyuchenko's got to go, though. He's too anonymous in this game again. Even Modric, who has been fairly non-existent, has got a few good touches in.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Bloody hell!

Very audible booing from the Arsenal fans at full time, pricks.

Also how many spurs fans were left at the end? Tossers.

Last edited by ShowStealer on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:57 pm

About 10 minutes ago I knew it was going to finish like this. Fuck sake, Spurs did not deserve that result.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:01 pm

I can't think of a game in recent memory that was that good, fantastic stuff!
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:05 pm

Where's Garibaldi? Has he just passed out? Laughing
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:06 pm

Oh dear god YES!!!

That has to be the best possible way to get the confidence we've been lacking. Brilliant game, some superb goals, so terrible mistakes and dear god but we would not let it lie! If you ever needed proof that a game isn't over til the final whistle, ort the benefits of following up every shot, this game was perfect for that

I was thinking about last years Villa game at 3-1...that went exactly the same way score wise - even down to two last ditch goals.

After my last post, Modric definately seemed to start wanting to get involved again, and Benty kept up the record of scoring due to defensive slips in the build-up (but that IS 6 for the season now - better than most!) but if I was Hutton, though, I'd be worried. Terrible game and some really key mistakes. You've got two other international rigfht-backs at the club. Right now it looks like the only reason he's in is because Corluka's doing quite well in the middle and Gunter is young.

One last thought here....we've now played away to two of the big four - and drawn against both. Now bring on that 1500th win...
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:06 pm

ShowStealer wrote:Where's Garibaldi? Has he just passed out? Laughing

typing that!^^^^^ Cool

and I forgot....GUNNER-KILLER STRIKES AGAIN! king

Post  Guest Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:21 pm

Fucking Jenas
    Fucking Gallas/Silvestre partnership
    Fucking sleeping defence
    Fucking terrible result
    FUCKING AWESOME GAME!!!!
    Dr Hellwig PhD
    Dr Hellwig PhD

Number of posts : 217
    Location : Perpetually moving through shitholes. Or Polmont and Croy as they are otherwise known
    Registration date : 2008-10-28

Post  Dr Hellwig PhD Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:26 pm

Remind me again why I chose to watch Celtic against Kilmarnock instead of Spurs/Arsenal...
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:33 pm

Jenas basically has about 2 good games every year - home v Arsenal and Away v Arsenal! Wink

Four in his last 5 derby games - great return for a midfielder.

We've made a habit of these in the last 3-4 years. the 5-4 in Jol's first week, 4-3 v West Ham, 4-4 v Villa, 4-4 v Chelsea....I swear being a Spurs fan is terrible for your heart

I do think that some of the stupid posing by Van diver and adebayor after the fourth, followed by a certain dutchman showboating may just have fired up our players a little. Clichy's slip can't be blamed - could have happened to anyone, but the finish by JJ that followed it was real class.
    Clarkey
    Clarkey

Number of posts : 74

Post  Clarkey Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:34 pm

Can't say I heard the booing come full time, we were all just too dejected to even let out a wimper. Not that I'm doubting it happened 'Stealer, but it definately wasn't audible where I was. Which brings me to a ickle rant before I get going. I understand that there was a tannoy announcement that the Piccadilly line was closed for a tad (due to some James Bond Bond Premiere being chosen to be organised on the same frigging night), but why leave a game early, some numpties leaving up to ten minutes early? It just makes absolutely no sense to me. Go settle in your armchair and buy that Sky Plus subscription, as there is no excuse in my book. Urgh.

Onto the game itself, really it just confirmed what has been thrown at us from all area's of the media. We are defensively unstable, that we lack maturity, that we lack the ability to see games out when we need too. Hanson, Lawrenson, Shearer and co must be having a field day.

First half performance was a joke. Bentley's goal was a joke. Lucky really that Tottenham are the one team who are as bad as us at set plays. The second half was great for 40 minutes, we looked up for it, we looked good. Could and should have had 7 or 8. And then they go and spoil it all. Clichy's error was a carbon copy of Birmingham last year, something I would have thought he would have learned from, to maintain concentration for 90 minutes. And as soon as the third hit the net you could feel the fourth coming in the air. Average Al gifted two goals tonight. Mad Jen's got dropped for less. It all boils down to consistency again, he was superb against Fenerbache, then pulls this out of the bag.

We're not good enough to win this league, we weren't strong enough at the start and given the great inconsistency and immaturity we have witnessed not just tonight but over the last three months how can we have faith that we will win things? And that is it, we have to win trophies because if we don't what happened last summer will happen again and again and we will forever be contenders but not champions. It all seems to revolve back to Arsene's attempt to achieve the same policy in his latter years at Monaco, and it didn't really work there. And again it revolves back to this fascination with the Champions League.

Oh well, at least the atmosphere was electric tonight. Hopefully it wasn't just due to Wenger's moan about support and more people in general getting their arses in gear. About time some certain others followed suit...oh and the game itself was a peach in highs and lows, proper footy.

Post  Guest Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:23 am

Post  Guest Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:38 am

Clarkey wrote:Can't say I heard the booing come full time, we were all just too dejected to even let out a wimper. Not that I'm doubting it happened 'Stealer, but it definately wasn't audible where I was. Which brings me to a ickle rant before I get going. I understand that there was a tannoy announcement that the Piccadilly line was closed for a tad (due to some James Bond Bond Premiere being chosen to be organised on the same frigging night), but why leave a game early, some numpties leaving up to ten minutes early? It just makes absolutely no sense to me. Go settle in your armchair and buy that Sky Plus subscription, as there is no excuse in my book. Urgh.

Onto the game itself, really it just confirmed what has been thrown at us from all area's of the media. We are defensively unstable, that we lack maturity, that we lack the ability to see games out when we need too. Hanson, Lawrenson, Shearer and co must be having a field day.

First half performance was a joke. Bentley's goal was a joke. Lucky really that Tottenham are the one team who are as bad as us at set plays. The second half was great for 40 minutes, we looked up for it, we looked good. Could and should have had 7 or 8. And then they go and spoil it all. Clichy's error was a carbon copy of Birmingham last year, something I would have thought he would have learned from, to maintain concentration for 90 minutes. And as soon as the third hit the net you could feel the fourth coming in the air. Average Al gifted two goals tonight. Mad Jen's got dropped for less. It all boils down to consistency again, he was superb against Fenerbache, then pulls this out of the bag.

We're not good enough to win this league, we weren't strong enough at the start and given the great inconsistency and immaturity we have witnessed not just tonight but over the last three months how can we have faith that we will win things? And that is it, we have to win trophies because if we don't what happened last summer will happen again and again and we will forever be contenders but not champions. It all seems to revolve back to Arsene's attempt to achieve the same policy in his latter years at Monaco, and it didn't really work there. And again it revolves back to this fascination with the Champions League.

Oh well, at least the atmosphere was electric tonight. Hopefully it wasn't just due to Wenger's moan about support and more people in general getting their arses in gear. About time some certain others followed suit...oh and the game itself was a peach in highs and lows, proper footy.

I get what you're saying Clarkey but we could also do with a captain who keeps the team switched on. In the past Adams and Vieira would have been yelling at everyone to concentrate. Even Gilberto kept everyone focussed. Instead we've got Gallas getting swept along in the premature celebrations and then falling asleep. Fix that and I reckon some of the problems will disappear.

Who does Djourou have to sleep with to get a game? Silvestre is not, has not ever been and will never be a centre half.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:04 am