SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+5
Darkarius
Inno
Garibaldi
Kurt_Angle
IOV
9 posters

Wrestlemania XXVIII

Shane McMahon
    Shane McMahon

Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2008-10-12

Wrestlemania XXVIII Empty Wrestlemania XXVIII

Post  Shane McMahon Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:17 am

Not looking too bad:

The Rock vs. John Cena

Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Sheamus

The Undertaker vs. Triple H

CM Punk (c) vs. Chris Jericho

Though I am concerned that wrestling legends The Rock and HHH will both be doing the job on the same night. That's the thanks they get for all their hard work in the past Mad

showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Wrestlemania XXVIII Empty Re: Wrestlemania XXVIII

Post  showstealer Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:46 am

HHH V The Undertaker is a Hell in a Cell match.

Looks like a Cody V Big Show match as well, which shows how far Rhodes has progressed this year.

I agree with your comment, but that's the business for you, putting over the younger man (or protecting your brand in HHH's case.)
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:38 am

Also add Orton V Kane and Team Raw GM V Team Smackdown GM.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:49 am

The Rock v John Cena

Hell In A Cell Match: The Undertaker v Triple H - Special Guest Referee: Shawn Michaels

WWE Championship: CM Punk (c) v Chris Jericho

World Heavyweight Championship: Daniel Bryan (c) w/AJ v Sheamus

Intercontinental Championship: Cody Rhodes (c) v The Big Show

Randy Orton v Kane

12-Man Tag Match for Control of Raw & SmackDown: Team Teddy (United States Champion Santino Marella [Captain], R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Zack Ryder, The Great Khali & TBA w/Teddy Long, Aksana, Nikki Bella & Hornswaggle) v Team Johnny (David Otunga [Captain], Mark Henry, Christian, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger & TBA w/John Laurinitiis, Vickie Guerrero & Brie Bella)

Maria Menounous & Kelly Kelly v Beth Phoenix & Eve Torres

WWE Hall Of Fame Class of 2012: The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Barry Windham & Tully Blanchard w/JJ Dilon), Edge, Mil Mascaras, Yokozuna, Ron Simmons & Mike Tyson [Celebrity Wing]
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:44 am

So, the biggest show of the year is tonight...
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:28 am

showstealer wrote:So, the biggest show of the year is tonight...

I'm going pizza and beer shopping later to celebrate
    Shane McMahon
    Shane McMahon

Post  Shane McMahon Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:55 am

Ordered. I'm actually looking forward to it.

The card isn't that great, but I think this is gonna be a show that ends up being fantastic, up there in the Top 5 Wrestlemanias.

And with the rumours of Lesnar and Batista within the vicinity, this is just making me drool.

Kurt_Angle
    Kurt_Angle

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2009-01-27

Post  Kurt_Angle Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:46 pm

Ordered it and looking forward to it. Haven't watched a live PPV in about 4 years.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:07 pm

Shane McMahon wrote:Ordered. I'm actually looking forward to it.

The card isn't that great, but I think this is gonna be a show that ends up being fantastic, up there in the Top 5 Wrestlemanias.

And with the rumours of Lesnar and Batista within the vicinity, this is just making me drool.

yeah, I saw the Lesnar in Miami rumour...
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401

Post  Garibaldi Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:10 pm

Says a lot for the pulling power of Bryan and Sheamus...move up exactly one match from last years dark match to this year's opener.

So much for the Rumble winner getting the main event..
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:08 pm

I'm pumped. Time to start the download. axeman
    Shane McMahon
    Shane McMahon

Post  Shane McMahon Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:48 am

HHH/Undertaker and Cena/Rock both delivered.

The drama in the HHH/Undertaker match was off the chain.

Good Wrestlemania... Just needed Hulk Hogan somewhere.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:29 pm

Pretty crap other than the hell in a cell match which was incredible. Evil or Very Mad
    Inno
    Inno
    Old School Evil Genius

Number of posts : 135

Post  Inno Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:48 pm

Sheamus and Bryan's 18 second match created a monster!

YES! YES! YES! YES!
    Darkarius
    Darkarius

Number of posts : 40
    Location : Housewares section of S-MART. Shop smart, shop S-MART!!!
    Registration date : 2009-01-07

Post  Darkarius Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:24 pm

So it seems. Not had the chance to watch it yet, but I read somewhere that the crowd got on Cenas back.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:38 pm

Inno wrote:Sheamus and Bryan's 18 second match created a monster!

YES! YES! YES! YES!
    Darkarius wrote:So it seems. Not had the chance to watch it yet, but I read somewhere that the crowd got on Cenas back.
    Perhaps they should listen to the fans... chin ponder

Although people on here will claim that everything is great and there's nothing dull about Cena's character and the fans didn't get ripped off with a 18 second match. scratch

Raw was good though...
    Spoiler:
    Shane McMahon
    Shane McMahon

Post  Shane McMahon Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:28 am

showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:38 am

Shane McMahon wrote:FUCKING AWESOME:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDYxsRWenFU
    Best news for ages. He was one of the most entertaining I've ever seen and can hopefully save the dull product they're currently putting out.

This was also awesome. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44gWvGGiGbc&feature=relmfu
    Kun©

Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post  Kun© Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:52 am

You surely can't blame Cena for getting booed in Miami (Rock's home town) when there were actually a small portion of fans actually cheering him.

As dull as his character can be Cena isn't turning heel soon. How many people bought WM to see Rocky beat Cena? How many people buy EVERY PPV to see Cena get beat. The guy's probably the best heel the WWE has without actually being a heel. People pay to see him get beat and kids buy his merchandise.

Lesnar coming back was a huge mark-out moment for me. I've literally watched it like 10 times now. If you'd have told me a few years ago we'd have Bret, Rocky, Foley and Lesnar making returns I'd have called you a moron. If he is only here for year deal, who should he face at Wrestlemania? Cena? The Rock? Taker?
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:05 am

Adey wrote: How many people buy EVERY PPV to see Cena get beat.
    0?

Cena gets booed in his hometown. Good heel for internet darlings like Punk though, but that's due to WWE being to scared to turn him heel 5 years ago when they should've, too late now.

You have to be mental to believe Lawyer's claim that everyone either loves him or hates him. He never has had or never will recieve the pop that the attitude era dinosaurs received at wrestlemania, despite being probably the hardest worker in the history of the business.
    Kun©

Post  Kun© Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:28 pm

showstealer wrote: 0?

Cena gets booed in his hometown. Good heel for internet darlings like Punk though, but that's due to WWE being to scared to turn him heel 5 years ago when they should've, too late now.

You have to be mental to believe Lawyer's claim that everyone either loves him or hates him. He never has had or never will recieve the pop that the attitude era dinosaurs received at wrestlemania, despite being probably the hardest worker in the history of the business.

0? Really? Are you that much of a blind hater?

Bashing his character is one thing, but to deny his drawing ability is asinine. This isn't the Attitude Era. This isn't a boom period. How often are the crowd completely dead during a RAW until Cena comes out? You would think we're having shows with empty arenas with the way you go on. Whether they boo him or cheer him he gets a reaction. You also have the fact that Cena/WWE pretty much embrace the whole crowd thing.

I had figured the whole Cena hate bandwagon was over by now but apparently not.

showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:35 am

Jesus wept, yes he's a massive draw and we're not in a boom period. wall

Why are the crowd chanting for Daniel Bryan and Lesnar during Cena's promo? chin ponder Look up a proper heel doing a promo, the crowd are booing/chanting at them not cheering for someone else. No doubt the chants of drop the title to Jeff Jarrett were due to his excellent heel skills.? scratch

As for the bandwaggon comment, WWE have released Cena sucks t-shirts and will probably go for the interesting heel/face thing (due to not having the guts to turn him heel)

Fans are there because it's the only wrestling company, although you do get loads of empty seats, they're unable to sell out the 02! They won't boycott due to one person.
    Kun©

Post  Kun© Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:52 am

showstealer wrote:Jesus wept, yes he's a massive draw and we're not in a boom period. wall

Why are the crowd chanting for Daniel Bryan and Lesnar during Cena's promo? chin ponder Look up a proper heel doing a promo, the crowd are booing/chanting at them not cheering for someone else. No doubt the chants of drop the title to Jeff Jarrett were due to his excellent heel skills.? scratch

As for the bandwaggon comment, WWE have released Cena sucks t-shirts and will probably go for the interesting heel/face thing (due to not having the guts to turn him heel)

Fans are there because it's the only wrestling company, although you do get loads of empty seats, they're unable to sell out the 02! They won't boycott due to one person.

Why are you showing me a video on something I clearly stated I've already saw shrug?

The crowd was chanting for Bryan all night. Does that mean every single star on the roster sucks now, Or only when they do it to Cena? The crowd knew Lesnar was coming back obviously, that tend to happens if a comeback has been spoiled. You're clearly clutching at straws here. How many chants during the Cena-Punk and Cena-Rock feuds were all about Cena? Or are we now saying Cena doesn't get chanted at? Not getting your point here. I said Cena was their greatest heel without actually being a heel because people watch in the hope that he will get beat. Add that to the fact he sells a shitload of merch then it's pretty obvious why he is where he is.

They've been embracing the whole face/heel thing for months. They wont turn him until they have a suitable replacement either.

YES BECAUSE THEY'RE CURRENTLY IN A DOWN PERIOD. Even SD! has had empty seats over the past year or so. Cena isn't on SD!

showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:25 am

A decent heel wouldn't have to suffer Daneil Bryan chants, they would've still got the Lesnar treatment though so I'll let you have that one! Wink Chants during the fued, you mean like the crowd chanting don't tag Cena? That's a bit different to Cena sucks. Do you get the point now? Would they chant that because they've paid to see him? He sells a load of merch and is a great assist to the company but bigger stars have turned heel and I believe the WWE missed a trick here. He would've eventually turned face and go one to greatness, the merch would've had dropped during the heel run either and long term it would've made both of them more money.

I've said it's too late now and the heel/face thing could be interesting, but it depends who he faces. The internet darlings would be good but could he draw against Kane as a face? The down period shows the answer is not as much as they would hope for.
    Kun©

Post  Kun© Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:53 am

The Daniel Bryan shit was going on throughout the show. They were also chanting his name during Punk-Jericho at Wrestlemania if I recall. Don't tag? The majority of people who hate Cena are older fans/internet fans. To them chants like 'don't tag' and 'you can't wrestle' make them seem insanely cool. People still pay to see him get beat. You haven't really shown me otherwise. The fact that YOU wouldn't pay to see him doesn't change much. Nor does bringing up chants.

If it weren't for Brock coming back now would've been the perfect time to turn him. Cena has a minor breakdown because he couldn't beat the Rock and slowly turn. There's so many ways it could go as well: monster heel, corporate Cena, or even just keep doing what he's doing right now but turn the grovelling up a notch. People have been saying its too late for years but I guarantee if/when Cena turns heel it will be a huge moment and people will still be talking about it. Its not like they haven't been hinting at it either. If Punk keeps going the way he is going you never know..

Btw, I don't want to come across as too confrontational, I just figured this is what a forum is for.
    Darkarius
    Darkarius

Post  Darkarius Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:56 am

Adey wrote:

They've been embracing the whole face/heel thing for months. They wont turn him until they have a suitable replacement either.

I've been away from wrestling a long time. Is there currently no-one on the roster who could face off with Cena if they turned him? Also, I've read Lesnar is on quite a limited work schedule (a couple of appearances a month or something like that), Is that right?
    Kun©

Post  Kun© Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:07 am

He apparently has 35 appearances or something between now and Wrestlemania but the number of appearances can be negotiated. I'm hoping for Brock-Cena at Summerslam and Brock-Rock at Wrestlemania but that's probably just a pipe dream. It's not so much facing off with heel Cena as someone taking his place as the merchandise whore/kiddies favourite. Cena apparently rakes millions in for the WWE so you can see why they are reluctant to turn him, as much as I don't like it.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:30 am

Adey wrote:Btw, I don't want to come across as too confrontational, I just figured this is what a forum is for.
    Not in the slightest, forums are for debating with others. The people in charge of WWE clearly know more than either of us so I'm willing to listen to reasons for keeping him face.

Adey wrote:You haven't really shown me otherwise. The fact that YOU wouldn't pay to see him doesn't change much. Nor does bringing up chants.
    You can't prove it one way or the other. It's easier to make people hate you and hard to get them to like you. If they can get someone who the crowd are all behind they're get out of the slump. The peak times have been when the number one face has been strong, Hogan, Sting, Goldberg, Austin, The Rock etc.

Adey wrote:If it weren't for Brock coming back now would've been the perfect time to turn him. Cena has a minor breakdown because he couldn't beat the Rock and slowly turn. There's so many ways it could go as well: monster heel, corporate Cena, or even just keep doing what he's doing right now but turn the grovelling up a notch. People have been saying its too late for years but I guarantee if/when Cena turns heel it will be a huge moment and people will still be talking about it. Its not like they haven't been hinting at it either. If Punk keeps going the way he is going you never know...
    After all of this you've come up with a great way of turning him heel! Very Happy As I've said he's a great assist to the company, maybe the hardest worker ever (Flair would be number one if not) but just a dull gimmick.
    Kun©

Post  Kun© Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:57 am

I'm all for Cena turning heel. He needs a serious character change, something that has been happening the last year or so. But as soon as you think it's going somewhere we get another 'HUSTLE, LOYALTY, RESPECT' promo. I nearly switched it off when he started going on during RAW but kept watching in the hope something would happen.

It's a shame Punk is going to be getting overshadowed during all of this. I thought his segment with Jericho was awesome on Monday but eveyrbody is talking about Brock. With Cena, Brock and the Rock in the mix they should be using this opportunity to test guys like Ziggler and Rhodes properly. Have Punk go on a Bret style title run where he's a defending champion before giving him a big win at next years Wrestlemania. Unfortunately he'll probably lose the title to one out of Brock/Rock/Cena and have to take a back seat.
    Darkarius
    Darkarius

Post  Darkarius Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:21 am

Adey wrote:He apparently has 35 appearances or something between now and Wrestlemania but the number of appearances can be negotiated. I'm hoping for Brock-Cena at Summerslam and Brock-Rock at Wrestlemania but that's probably just a pipe dream.

3-way at WM??? Very Happy

Adey wrote: Cena apparently rakes millions in for the WWE so you can see why they are reluctant to turn him, as much as I don't like it.
    Exactly. you don't slaughter your cash cow.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm